Nov 26 (Reuters) - Canadian stock market futures pointed toa flat to slightly lower open on Tuesday as investors turnedcautious about the impact of Iran's nuclear deal and anescalation of political tensions in parts of Asia.
* Tiffany & Co reported a higher quarterly profit, helped bystronger-than-expected sales as business soared in China, andthe U.S. jeweler raised its full-year forecast.
* At least six major private equity groups are competing tobuy the industrial packaging segment of Illinois Tool Works Inc,in a deal that could fetch more than $3 billion, according topeople familiar with the matter.
* Bayer has offered to pay $2.4 billion for Norway's Algeta,its partner for a new prostrate cancer treatment, at a 27percent premium to the stock's last close, Algeta said.
* A U.S. judge has rejected Citigroup Inc's effort to blockthe Abu Dhabi Investment Authority from seeking a secondarbitration over the sovereign wealth fund's $7.5 billioninvestment in late 2007 to shore up the then-struggling bank.
* Canada stock futures traded down 0.04 percent
* U.S. stock futures , , were uparound 0.01 percent to 0.05 percent
* European shares, were mixed.
COMMODITY PRICE MOVES
* Thomson Reuters-Jefferies CRB Index : 275.8105;rose 0.06 percent
* Gold futures : $1,241.1; were unchanged.
* US crude : $94.41; rose 0.34 percent
* Brent crude : $110.92; fell 0.07 percent
* LME 3-month copper : $7,077.25; fell 0.31 percent
Following is a summary of research actions on Canadiancompanies reported by Reuters.
* Delphi Energy Corp : Raymond James starts withstrong buy rating and price target C$2.45 on valuation.
* Detour Gold Corp : BMO cuts price target to C$9.50from C$12, reflecting the lower spot gold price and a reductionin the value ascribed to exploration.
* Kirkland Lake Gold Inc : CIBC cuts target price toC$4 from C$4.50 as the gold miner reduced its productionforecast for second-quarter of FY2014.
* Paramount Resources Ltd : Raymond James startswith strong buy rating and price target C$54 set by the reservegrowth between now and the end of 2014 but says the mid-termline of sight on this business is clearly indicative of a futuretriple digit target price.
ON THE CALENDAR
* No major Canadian economic data scheduled for the day
* Major U.S. events and data includes building permits,housing starts and consumer confidence
- Investment & Company Information
- Illinois Tool Works Inc