Dec 3 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index pointed to alower open on Tuesday as upbeat U.S economic data heightenedworries the Federal Reserve will soon scale back its monetarystimulus. TOP STORIES
* Euro zone producer prices fell more than expected inOctober, data showed, with the annual inflation rate at a nearly4-year low in a fresh sign of a sharp fall in inflationarypressures.
* Growth in China's services sector held near one-year highsin November, another indicator of strength as the governmentprepares to introduce sweeping reforms to restructure theworld's second-largest economy.
* Japan will craft an economic stimulus package this weekworth about $53 billion to bolster the economy ahead of anincrease in the national sales tax in April, people familiarwith the process said.
* Potash Corp of Saskatchewan Inc said it would cutmore than 1,000 jobs, or 18 percent of its workforce in Canada,the United States and Trinidad.MARKET SNAPSHOT
* Canada stock futures traded down 0.23 percent
* U.S. stock futures , , were downaround 0.26 percent to 0.14 percent
* European shares, were down COMMODITY PRICE MOVES
* Thomson Reuters-Jefferies CRB Index : 275.1312;fell 0.07 percent
* Gold futures : $1,223.4; rose 0.09 percent
* US crude : $93.9; rose 0.09 percent
* Brent crude : $111.14; fell 0.28 percent
* LME 3-month copper : $6,952; fell 0.33 percent CANADIAN STOCKS TO WATCH
* Semafo : The Canada-based miner has closed the$1.25 million sale of its 80 percent stake in Societe des Minesdu Liptako, owner of the Samira Hill mine in Niger, to Societede Patrimoine des Mines du Niger, it said late on Monday.
* TransCanada Corp The company on Monday said therewas currently no operating issue with its 590,000-barrel-per-dayKeystone XL crude oil pipeline system. ANALYSTS' RECOMMENDATIONS
Following is a summary of research actions on Canadiancompanies reported by Reuters.
* Aurcana Corp : RBC cuts rating to underperform fromsector perform, says the company's share price is likely tounderperform relative to its silver peers given the ongoingramp-up
* Canadian Natural Resources Ltd : Raymond Jamesresumes coverage with market perform rating and price target ofC$38, says the company's shares are fairly valued at the currentprice and would suggest waiting for a more attractive entrypoint
* Enerplus Corp : CIBC raises target price to C$22from C$21 as it announced its FY2014 guidance
* Imperial Oil Ltd : Raymond James resumes coveragewith market perform rating and price target of C$50, believesthe potential in the company's share price over the next yearwill likely be limited due to diminishing returns on capitalrelative to the company's historical average and a near-termfree cash flow profile
* Suncor Energy Inc : Raymond James resumes withoutperform rating, says the company is successfullytransitioning into a premier growth and income model, whichanalyst suspect will continue to be well received by investors ON THE CALENDAR
* No major Canadian economic data scheduled for the day
* Major U.S. events and data includes consumer confidence anddomestic vehicle sales
- Investment & Company Information