Dec 10 (Reuters) - Canadian stock index futures pointed to alower open on Tuesday as markets focused on tight money marketconditions in the euro zone's banking system where liquiditylevels are now at the tightest in two years.
* European Union finance ministers are likely to take apolitical step towards creating a banking union with powers toclose down failing banks, but leave nagging legal details toanother time, perhaps next week.
* AutoZone Inc, the largest U.S. auto parts retailer,reported a 7 percent rise in quarterly profit due to higherrepairs.
* The U.S. government sold its last shares of automakerGeneral Motors Co on Monday, marking an end to a historicbailout of one of America's most storied companies.
* Canada stock futures traded down 0.09 percent
* U.S. stock futures , , were mixed
* European shares, were down
COMMODITY PRICE MOVES
* Thomson Reuters-Jefferies CRB Index : 281.0281;rose 0.57 percent
* Gold futures : $1,256.8; rose 1.74 percent
* US crude : $98.41; rose 1.1 percent
* Brent crude : $109.53; rose 0.13 percent
* LME 3-month copper : $7,179; rose 0.62 percent
CANADIAN STOCKS TO WATCH
* Canadian Oil Sands Ltd : The company which has thelargest stake in Syncrude Canada Ltd oil sands project innorthern Alberta, said on Monday it expects spending to drop by17 percent in 2014 as it completes major projects at its minesite.
* Thomson Reuters Corp : The news and informationcompany is replacing the senior executives overseeing three ofits main businesses - legal, growth markets and intellectualproperty - as part of a wider reorganization aimed at boostinggrowth and trimming costs.
Following is a summary of research actions on Canadiancompanies reported by Reuters.
* Avigilon Corp : National Bank Financial raisesprice target to C$40 from C$30, expect the company to printstrong revenue growth based on new product launches, additionalsales coverage and geographic expansion
* Canadian Oil Sands Ltd : Raymond James cuts targetprice to C$20 from C$21 after the company's operating costsprojection was higher than expected
* Manitoba Telecom Services Inc : RBC raises tooutperform from sector perform and target price to C$31 fromC$30 following the company's equity issue
* North West Co Inc : RBC raises target price to C$28from C$25 citing a favorable competitive environment, attractivereturns on capital and above-average yield
* Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd : National BankFinancial raises price target to $30 from $29, says recoveringU.S. market should bring growth and operational efficiency isimproving
ON THE CALENDAR
* No major Canadian and U.S. economic data scheduled for theday
- Investment & Company Information