Nov 8 (Reuters) - Canadian stock index futures pointed to alower open on Friday, tracking European and Asian markets, afterU.S. job growth unexpectedly accelerated in October, raising theodds that the Federal Reserve will scale back its stimulusprogram before the end of the year.
* U.S. job growth unexpectedly accelerated in October asemployers shrugged off a government shutdown, suggesting thebudget standoff had a more limited impact on the economy thaninitially feared.
* Standard & Poor's cut France's sovereign credit rating onFriday by one notch to AA from AA+, giving a thumbs-down toPresident Francois Hollande's efforts to put the euro zone'ssecond largest economy back on track.
* Air Canada's third-quarter profit handily beatanalysts' estimates as a key measure of costs fell and thecompany, which launched a discount airline earlier this year,forecast higher capacity for the year.
* Talisman Energy Inc said it would sell a stake insome of its natural gas assets in British Columbia's Montneyfield to Malaysia-controlled Progress Energy Canada Ltd forC$1.5 billion as it restructures globaloperations.
* Boeing said it was ready to re-examine alternative sitesfor its newest jet if assembly workers and local politicians donot ratify plans to build it in the Seattle area, itstraditional manufacturing base.
* Canada stock futures traded down 0.72 percent
* U.S. stock futures , , were lower
* European shares, were down
COMMODITY PRICE MOVES
* Thomson Reuters-Jefferies CRB Index : 273.845;rose 0.05 percent
* Gold futures : $1,308.1; fell 0.02 percent
* US crude : $94.48; rose 0.3 percent
* Brent crude : $104.03; rose 0.55 percent
* LME 3-month copper : $7,127.5; fell 0.24 percent
CANADIAN STOCKS TO WATCH
* BlackBerry Ltd : The company will pay up to $250million to a group of debtors including Prem Watsa's FairfaxFinancial Holdings if another deal succeeds, accordingto a regulatory filing on Thursday detailing the debt deal.
Following is a summary of research actions on Canadiancompanies reported by Reuters.
* AuRico Gold Inc : RBC cuts price target to $5.75from $6 due to modest modifications to near-term operationalassumptions as well as incorporating higher than previouslyanticipated taxes/royalties in Mexico.
* Canadian Natural Resources Ltd : RBC raises pricetarget to C$41 from C$40 after the company announced a 60percent dividend increase and an in-line 2014 budget.
* Quebecor Inc : CIBC raises price target to C$28from C$25.50 after the company's solid third-quarter results.
* Sierra Wireless Inc : CIBC cuts to sectorunderperformer from sector performer, says the company's shareprice has been re-rated higher beyond its ability to growrevenue and earnings.
* Trinidad Drilling Ltd : CIBC raises to sectoroutperformer from sector performer, says the company's shareshave broadly underperformed but valuation has returned to acompelling level.
ON THE CALENDAR
* Major Canadian economic data includes housing andemployment data
* Major U.S. events and data includes non-farm payrolls andUMich data