Canada Company Military Employment Transition Program - 10,000 Jobs Coalition Update
TORONTO , Aug. 28, 2014 /CNW/ - The 10,000 Jobs Coalition, under Canada Company's Military Employment Transition Program (MET), has released its results for the first and second quarter of the year, announcing that its Coalition members have hired a total of 292 Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members and Veterans in the first six months of 2014.
The Canada Company MET Coalition is growing and expanding, welcoming in new employers across Canada to join the effort to hire transitioning CAF members and Veterans, and create a smoother transition from military employment to a civilian career. The Coalition is working towards finding employment for 10,000 Veterans by 2023.
The MET program now has more than 2,500 registered military members across Canada , a year over year increase that equates to nearly a 4,000 percent from its original pool of registrants.
Canada Company was founded in 2006, and started the MET program in 2012 with the aim of establishing, educating, and driving the connection and relationship between Canadian Armed Forces members and Veterans, and the leaders in the public and private sector offering employment opportunities. The MET Program is one of the many efforts on the part of Canada Company to honour and serve Canadian Armed Forces members and their families.
With approximately 5,000 Canadian Armed Forces members releasing from service each year, and an estimated 10,000 releases in 2014, there is a growing untapped talent pool in Canada . Assisting Veterans in finding civilian employment opportunities offers an opportunity to bring a group of highly trained and skilled individuals into the private sector. Individuals with a military background generally possess numerous desirable attributes that employers are seeking - including leadership, project management, financial management, logistics, engineering/technical skill sets and more.
For more information on how to join the Canada Company MET coalition and to see the full list of Coalition members, visit https://www.canadacompany.ca/canadacompany/met/en/index.jsp
- The MET program has grown exponentially since its launch in 2012. A total of 35 hires were facilitated in 2012, and 150 hires in 2013. The rapid expansion of the program is attributed to more transitioning military and Veterans looking for employment opportunities, and Canadian business learning about the varied skill sets military and former military members offer.
- Canada Company is a federally registered charity created in 2006 which brings community leaders from across Canada together to support members of our Military in the work that they do at home and abroad. The organization is apolitical and is an advocate for Canadians who serve, or wish to serve, in the Canadian Forces - regular and reserve - and their families, ensuring that they receive the widest possible support, recognition and care. Canada Company's motto is Many Ways To Serve. Visit www.canadacompany.ca
- "I am extremely proud of the growth and influence our MET team is having across Canada for two reasons: as a veteran who transitioned back in the 90's, I truly understand the value we are providing Canadian Veterans; secondly, it is wonderful to see Corporate Canada adopt this program as quickly as it has, and to see that momentum is truly building!" Angela Mondou , President of Canada Company.
- "MET helps Target's hiring efforts by giving us forums to meet with Veterans and Reservists, and helping our recruiters to understand Veteran and Reservist candidate's backgrounds and CVs by putting them in a civilian context." Gabriel Granatstein , Target Canada.
- "The Military Employment Transition program is a great initiative that partners organizations with quality talent from the Canadian Military. Sun Life Financial has attracted quality Financial Advisors to the career sales force through its strategic relationship with Canada Company. We value our partnership with Canada Company and look forward to seeing more great results!" Adam Mamdani , Sun Life Financial Inc.
- "I retired from the military with 35 years of service, and found myself wondering what was next. Until I had started working with Canada Company I was becoming very discouraged and wondered if I would ever work again. My mentor communicated on a personal level, and was able to help me see my self worth and realize my potential when it came to being employed in the private sector. I have taken to recommending Canada Company to all my friends/colleagues who are getting ready to retire and are looking for a second career." Scot Coffin , Chief Petty Officer First Class (retired), Royal Canadian Navy
SOURCE Canada Company