CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Today, Cannonball, the popular email client for Apple’s® iPad®, launches on iPhone®. Cannonball is a fast and beautiful way to reclaim control of your inbox. Strong adoption and positive feedback for its iPad email app reinforced that it was time to take Cannonball to iPhone. The new Cannonball iPhone and updated iPad app are available in the iTunes store.
Cannonball has set out on a mission to inspire users to fall in love with email again by organizing their inboxes in a highly visual way, separating important communication (purchase receipts, emails from friends, etc.) from leisure email (daily deal, subscriptions and newsletters). The app provides a solution to the trillions of unread emails cluttering our inboxes: Cannonball’s automatic subscription management system gets users down to zero unread emails in seconds and makes it easy to maintain.
According to a study by the Radicati Group, a typical consumer email user sends and receives an average of 82 messages daily. Microsoft has found that only 14 percent of these are person-to-person conversations, while the other 86 percent is comprised of computer-generated content.
“The average inbox is filled with hundreds - if not thousands - of unread subscription emails, which leads to important emails getting lost,” said Cannonball co-founder Jim Caralis. “Cannonball organizes your email the same way you do your snail mail, by separating important messages from coupons, newsletters and subscriptions. However, unlike most other email clients, we don’t hide your subscription emails behind a tab or a folder. Cannonball groups them by sender and automatically marks them as read so you can enjoy them in a magazine-style experience on your own time or delete them in bulk.”
“Most of the email apps on the market today address business use, aimed at increasing productivity and allowing users to slash through their emails,” said Cannonball co-founder Raffaele Colella. “This is only 25 percent of the market. We’re addressing the other 75 percent – the three billion personal email accounts. We want to make it easier for these users to manage their inboxes and do it in a way that makes them happy to engage with email again.”
Cannonball’s key features include:
- A highly visual presentation of the inbox that separates important emails (e.g. emails from friends and family and transactions) from subscription emails (e.g. daily deals and newsletters)
- A power user feature that goes back and marks all of your older email as read
- Subscription emails are automatically marked as read
- Subscription emails are grouped by sender for easier browsing, bulk deleting and blocking
- Simple drag and drop customization that learns a user’s organizational preferences
- Search shortcuts to easily look up finances, purchases and travel emails
- New message notifications only for important messages
- Email messages downloaded directly to your phone (versus in the cloud) for privacy and security
- Compatible with email accounts from Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, AOL and Outlook.com
Cannonball is led by founders Jim Caralis and Raffaele Colella and is backed by angel investors including Professor Ed Roberts, founder of the MIT Entrepreneurship Center, Alessandro Piol, an investor at Alpha Prime and author of “Tech and the City,” and Nobel Laureate Robert C Merton.
Cannonball is the app that automatically manages your subscription messages and inspires you to fall in love with email again. Cannonball separates your important messages (e.g. communication from friends and family) from leisure messages (e.g. newsletters, daily deals and retail offers) in a highly visual inbox so you can easily respond to the messages that are important and enjoy the rest on your own time. Cannonball was founded in 2012 with backing from angel investors including Professor Ed Roberts, Alessandro Piol, Robert Merton. Follow us on Twitter @CannonballMail. Visit us at www.cannonball.io.
- Personal Finance - Career & Education
- Technology & Electronics
Darlene Doyle, 617-426-2222