LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Responding to the need for a single solution that helps eyecare professionals capture, view, process, and store images, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will preview the new imageSPECTRUM Image Management System software (v5.0)* during Vision Expo West, October 3-5, 2013 at the Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas. Canon (booth #MS11043) will also showcase its line of ophthalmic and optometric offerings in combination with the new intuitive software to demonstrate a solution that offers image management and increased portability of patient data to help improve workflow processes and reduce appointment times.
“The eyecare services industry is trying to balance two seemingly competing priorities: improving the quality of care while decreasing office costs,” said Tsuneo Imai, senior director and general manager, Healthcare Solutions Division, Canon U.S.A. “The new version of imageSPECTRUM software delivers true high-resolution digital imaging and telemedicine to individual desktops for a total software and hardware solution.”
The software allows practitioners to capture, view, process, and store images from all Canon retinal cameras and measurement devices. In addition, the solution allows offices to save completed studies to the imageSPECTRUM Server for enterprise-wide viewing and reporting as well as archiving or saving to any DICOM1-compliant PACS for increased portability. imageSPECTRUM (v5.0) Software integrates into most EMR systems and is fully HIPAA and DICOM complaint, featuring state-of-the-art patient privacy, data integrity and system security with complete data archival and disaster recovery protection.
Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with additional Eyecare solutions from Canon at Vision Expo West, including:
- CR-2 PLUS AF Non-Mydriatic Retinal Cameras: With the press of a button, users can switch between auto and manual focusing for ultimate control and ease-of-use. The new Autocapture function determines the appropriate moment to capture an image by analyzing when exposure and alignment are ideal.
- CR-2 Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: With low-flash intensity to minimize pupil constriction, the time required for taking multiple pictures is shortened. Plus, this camera has a lightweight and compact design, using only minimal office space for added convenience.
- CR-2 PLUS Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: Delivering Red-Free and Cobalt digital filters and Fundus Autofluorescence (FAF) photography, this device is useful in evaluating the vascular and nerve fiber layers.
- CX-1 Hybrid Digital Mydriatic/Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: Using the non-mydriatic mode, this device not only saves time and resources but also makes the diagnostic procedure more comfortable for patients with smaller than 3.8 mm pupils. Plus, the hybrid design provides five photography modes including Color, Red-Free, Cobalt, Fluorescein Angiography, and FAF.
- RK-F2 Full Auto Ref-Keratometer: Including a Full Auto Mode allows professionals to automatically align, focus and acquire a reading for one eye and continue to the opposite eye to perform the same function – all with one touch of a button. This feature contributes to a comfortable, efficient screening process for the patient.
- TX-20 Full Auto Tonometer: Designed to be compact and lightweight, the non-contact tonometer is easy to transport and install. With soft air puffs, the TX-20 tonometer easily measures Intraocular Pressure (IOP), which allows doctors to perform simple eye exams efficiently and enhances patient comfort.
- PTS 1000 Automated Perimeter: Incorporating a wide range of analysis tools combined with an intuitive interface, the PTS 1000 Automated Perimeter is a modern diagnostic instrument for precise and fast testing for field of vision.
For more information about Canon ophthalmic devices and solutions, please go to www.usa.canon.com/eye-care.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $40 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2012† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2013. In 2012, Canon U.S.A. received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the ninth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past two years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
* Expected to be available October 15, 2013.
1 DICOM is a registered trademark of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association for its standard publications retailing to digital communications of medical information.
- Consumer Discretionary
- Technology & Electronics