GULFPORT, Miss. (AP) -- A federal judge has set an Aug. 14 case management hearing in a $75 million lawsuit accusing a Mississippi casino of serving a heavily medicated man so many free drinks that he died.
The lawsuit against IP Casino Resort and Spa in Biloxi was filed in U.S. District Court in Gulfport in July 2012.
The lawsuit says employees ignored pleas from Bryan Lee Glenn's relatives and served him free drinks on Aug. 6, 2009, after he was already falling-down drunk.
The lawsuit says the 30-year-old Glenn collapsed in his hotel bathroom that night and was pronounced dead early the next morning from alcohol poisoning combined with his medications.
The casino, formerly known as Imperial Palace, changed hands after Glenn's death. Boyd Gaming Corp. bought the property in 2011.