Casino mogul testimony resumes in Vegas lawsuit

Testimony by casino mogul Adelson resumes in $328M suit brought by Hong Kong man

Associated Press
Casino mogul says even wealthy deserve justice
.

View photo

Las Vegas Sands Corp. CEO Sheldon Adelson testifies for a second day in Clark County district court, Friday, April 5, 2013, in Las Vegas. Attorneys for Hong Kong businessman Richard Suen say Sands owes him $328 million because he worked behind the scenes to help the company win a gambling license in the Chinese enclave of Macau. (AP Photo/Julie Jacobson)

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Casino mogul and GOP mega-donor Sheldon Adelson is back on the witness stand in Las Vegas for what is expected to be his final day of testimony in a breach of contract suit.

Under cross-examination by his attorneys, the 79-year-old multibillionaire was explaining on Monday why he thinks a Hong Kong businessman is not entitled to a payment of $328 million.

Businessman Richard Suen says he's owed that money for helping Adelson's company, Las Vegas Sands, gain a foothold in the Chinese gambling enclave of Macau.

During two days of questioning last week, Adelson acknowledged that a Sands executive agreed to pay Suen $5 million plus 2 percent of the company's profits from its Macau casinos.

But he said Suen didn't hold up his promise to deliver a gambling license.

Rates

View Comments (78)