- Why I'm Buying Mining Stocks @ Motley Fool - 9 hours ago
With the S&P 500 at an all-time high, these four catalysts make miners the only true value left.
- Workers stage illegal strike at South Africa chrome mine @ Reuters - 11 hours ago
(Recasts with company statement) By Agnieszka Flak JOHANNESBURG, May 18 (Reuters) - Operations at a chrome mine in South Africa owned by chemicals group Lanxess have been suspended since Thursday after ...
- President Obama Supports Natural Gas Exports @ Motley Fool - 12 hours ago
With President Obama recently signaling his support for U.S. exports of liquefied natural gas, more export projects look likely.
- How to Cash In on America's Oil Dominance @ Motley Fool - 12 hours ago
How individual investors can invest in the U.S. shale boom.
- Iran Wants More Money From You @ Motley Fool - 16 hours ago
If the Islamic Republic has anything to say about it, Americans could wind up paying even more for gas than we already do.
- Workers on illegal strike at chrome mine in S.Africa-union @ Reuters - 18 hours ago
By Agnieszka Flak JOHANNESBURG, May 18 (Reuters) - Operations at a chrome mine in South Africa owned by chemicals group LANXESS have been suspended since Thursday after workers started an illegal strike ...
- Dollar Posts Second 1.5% Weekly Rally in 17 Months, QE3 In Focus DailyFX - 22 hours ago
Dollar Posts Second 1.5% Weekly Rally in 17 Months, QE3 In Focus
- [$$] Are Natural-Gas Cars Next? @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, May 18, 2013 12:25 AM EDT
Are Natural-Gas Cars Next?
- Indonesia offers 21 oil and gas blocks in tender @ Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 10:34 PM EDT
(Corrects number of unconventional gas blocks offered, removes references to coalbed methane blocks.) JAKARTA, May 17 (Reuters) - Indonesia opened a rights tender for 21 oil and gas exploration blocks ...
- Oil price probe widens, U.S. senator wants Justice Department help Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 9:27 PM EDT
LONDON/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A European probe into possible oil price manipulation expanded with the investigation of a small niche trading house in the Netherlands, while a key U.S. senator on Friday ...
- It's Official: Gold Is Now The Most Hated Asset Class @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, May 17, 2013 9:05 PM EDT
It's Official: Gold Is Now The Most Hated Asset Class
- A Black Mound of Canadian Oil Waste Is Rising Over Detroit @ New York Times - Fri, May 17, 2013 8:47 PM EDT
Refining Canada’s petroleum-soaked oil sands produces petroleum coke, and the question of what to do with it has found at least one answer in Detroit, where a large coke pile covers an entire city block....
- Hedge funds back to selling gold after propping market a month ago Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 7:29 PM EDT
By Barani Krishnan NEW YORK (Reuters) - Hedge funds and other big speculators in commodities have started selling gold in a big way, trade data showed on Friday, just a month after they had supported the ...
- American LNG exports get the go-ahead Quartz - Fri, May 17, 2013 7:07 PM EDT
Corporate America loves the US’s shale gas boom—but when it comes to exporting the stuff, companies are divided. Fossil-fuel producers like ExxonMobil are all in favor of building liquefied natural gas ...
- Liberia's Johnson-Sirleaf defends governance record @ Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 7:05 PM EDT
By Lesley Wroughton WASHINGTON, May 17 (Reuters) - Liberian President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf on Friday defended her government's record on good governance and transparency, following an independent audit ...
- DailyFX Webinar Schedule: Week of May 19, 2013 DailyFX - Fri, May 17, 2013 7:00 PM EDT
DailyFX Webinar Schedule: Week of May 19, 2013
- Hedge funds selling gold after propping market a month ago Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 6:55 PM EDT
- Nigeria LNG Declares Force Majeure After Shell Pipeline Leak @ Bloomberg - Fri, May 17, 2013 6:44 PM EDT
Nigeria LNG Ltd., Africa’s largest liquefied natural gas export terminal, said it declared force majeure on exports following a Royal Dutch Shell Plc halt on deliveries after discovering a supply pipeline ...
- Final Glance: Gold companies AP - Fri, May 17, 2013 6:04 PM EDT
Shares of some top gold companies were down at the close of trading: Barrick Gold Corp. fell $.68 or 3.5 percent, to $18.58. Gold Fields Ltd ADS fell $.32 or 5.2 percent, to $5.81. GoldCorp. fell $1.07 ...
- Final Glance: Silver companies AP - Fri, May 17, 2013 6:03 PM EDT
Shares of some top silver companies were down at the close of trading: Hecla Mining Co. fell $.05 or 1.6 percent, to $3.17. Pan American Silver Corp. fell $.34 or 2.8 percent, to $11.74. Silver Standard ...
- AGP Inc says permanently closing Nebraska ethanol plant @ Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:56 PM EDT
(Updates with quote from spokesman, details on closure) May 17 (Reuters) - Ag Processing Inc, the U.S. largest farmer-owned cooperative, is permanently closing a Nebraska ethanol plant that had been idled ...
- Shale Wildcatters Battle Green Energy Dreamers @ CNBC - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:55 PM EDT
In a battle between wildcatters in the shale boom and renewable energy dreamers, five companies are uniquely positioned to influence the future of the energy market and climate policy.
- Energy Dept. backs Texas LNG export plan AP - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:48 PM EDT
- [$$] Priming the Pump for Natural-Gas Cars @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:30 PM EDT
Priming the Pump for Natural-Gas Cars
- COMMODITIES-Up broadly on strong US economic data; gold slumps @ Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:02 PM EDT
* Oil, copper up on strong US consumer sentiment, stock market * Corn up too on less sales by farmers focused on planting * Gold at 1-month low as Fed pressured to end US stimulus By Barani Krishnan NEW ...
- Newmont Mining Corporation (NEM): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Laggard @ TheStreet.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:01 PM EDT
Newmont Mining Corporation was a leading decliner within the metals & mining industry, falling $0.80 (-2.5%) to $30.63 on average volume
- Nucor Corp. (NUE): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Winner @ TheStreet.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:00 PM EDT
Nucor was a winner within the metals & mining industry, rising $0.78 (1.7%) to $45.77 on light volume
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX rises as gold miners lone sore spot @ Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:48 PM EDT
* TSX rises 105.45 points, or 0.84 percent, at 12,613.05 * Nine of 10 main sectors advance; materials lag * Decent U.S. data, possible end to easing aids confidence * RBC biggest positive influence, up ...
- Oil rallies for third day, shrugging off firm dollar Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:46 PM EDT
* S&P 500 hits fresh record high * U.S. gasoline futures up for 9 out of last 12 sessions * Dollar/yen hits 4-1/2-year high * U.S. consumer sentiment rises to highest level in six years (Updates to settlement, ...
- Gold Plummets 6% Ahead of FOMC Minutes– Bearish Below $1405 DailyFX - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:22 PM EDT
Gold Plummets 6% Ahead of FOMC Minutes– Bearish Below $1405
- Oil Price-Fixing Probe Widens as Neste Helps EU Inquiry @ Bloomberg - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:21 PM EDT
The European oil price-fixing probe expanded as Neste Oil Oyj, Finland’s only refiner, said it was asked to provide information regarding potential manipulation of global crude and biofuel markets.
- Alberta to Boost Export Lobbying With New Foreign Offices @ Bloomberg - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:14 PM EDT
Alberta, Canada’s biggest oil- producing province, is opening trade offices in India and Brazil in an effort to boost exports to those regions as the primary U.S. market meets more of its own energy needs....
- [video] Gold Bears vs. Gold Bulls @ MarketWatch - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:10 PM EDT
The price of gold has been falling in recent months. Francesca Freeman and Michael Weir debate whether the trend is set to continue or whether the bulls could be about to take charge. Photo: Getty Images...
- Trade Breakouts on the USD DailyFX - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:00 PM EDT
Trade Breakouts on the USD
- Sterling Outlook Hinges on BoE Minutes- Higher Low in the Making? DailyFX - Fri, May 17, 2013 3:55 PM EDT
Sterling Outlook Hinges on BoE Minutes- Higher Low in the Making?
- 3 More FTSE 100 Shares that the City Loves: Melrose Industries, Glencore Xstrata, and BG Group @ Motley Fool - Fri, May 17, 2013 3:46 PM EDT
According to analyst recommendations, Melrose Industries, Glencore Xstrata, and BG Group are three of the most popular shares in the FTSE 100.
- Grain futures mixed, livestock prices fall AP - Fri, May 17, 2013 3:43 PM EDT
Grains futures were mixed Friday on the Chicago Board of Trade. Wheat for July delivery fell 4.5 cents to $6.8325 a bushel; July corn rose 11.25 cents to $6.5275 a bushel; July oats slipped 2.25 cents ...
- Oil price probe widens, US senator wants Justice Dept help @ Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 3:42 PM EDT
* Source says Dutch trader Argos Energies being investigated * Sen. Wyden calls for Justice Dept to look at US price impact * Finnish refiner Neste Oil says asked for information * Oil market liquidity ...
- Oil rises above $96 on encouraging economic news AP - Fri, May 17, 2013 3:22 PM EDT
The price of oil rose to $96 a barrel on Friday on hopes that a steady recovery in the U.S. economy could boost fuel use. Benchmark oil for June delivery rose 86 cents to close at $96.02 a barrel on the ...
- Oil & Gas Stock Outlook - May 2013 Zacks - Fri, May 17, 2013 3:15 PM EDT
Record-high U.S. crude stocks, a struggling European economy, worries about China's growth outlook, and the strong dollar have weakened oil prices to around mid-$90s a barrel.
- Ultra Petroleum - The Rebound In Natural Gas Prices Should Continue Through 2015 @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, May 17, 2013 3:11 PM EDT
Ultra Petroleum - The Rebound In Natural Gas Prices Should Continue Through 2015
- PRECIOUS-Gold hits 1-month low as Fed pressured to end stimulus Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 3:02 PM EDT
* US gold futures down 1.6 pct, down 5 pct on week * Traders see more losses, could take market to 2010 level * Fed officials pressure for stimulus end, driving dollar up * Strong US consumer data, stock ...
- Gold sinks for seventh session in a row @ MarketWatch - Fri, May 17, 2013 2:51 PM EDT
Gold prices slump on Friday for a seventh consecutive session, as the dollar index jumps to nearly three-year highs and U.S. data raise optimism about the economic recovery.
- CME Group sees first trade for RIN futures @ Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 2:51 PM EDT
* First trade was for 50,000 ethanol RINs * Trade cleared at 80 cents per RIN * Trade brokered by StarFuels Inc NEW YORK, May 17 (Reuters) - The CME Group's newly-launched renewable identification number ...
- Kinder Morgan to Buy Texas Acreage Zacks - Fri, May 17, 2013 2:40 PM EDT
Kinder Morgan Energy Partners LP has decided to make an investment of $106 million to purchase about 20 acres of land near its Pasadena terminal, Texas.
- 3 Foreign Companies Invest in U.S. Project to Export Liquid Gas @ New York Times - Fri, May 17, 2013 2:36 PM EDT
In a sign the United States shale gas boom is making global waves, two Japanese conglomerates and a big French energy player signed agreements on Friday to invest up to $7 billion in a liquefied natural ...
- METALS OUTLOOK: Gold To Watch The Dollar, Bernanke @ Forbes - Fri, May 17, 2013 2:09 PM EDT
(Kitco News) - U.S. dollar direction and comments from Federal Reserve Chairmen Ben Bernanke will influence the gold market next week. The U.S. dollar’s strength was a factor in gold-price weakness this week, as the dollar index rose to its highest level since August 2010. Whether the greenback continues to rise or [.. …
- James River shares soar on debt exchange AP - Fri, May 17, 2013 1:55 PM EDT
Shares of James River Coal Co. jumped Friday after the company said it reached deals to exchange about $243.4 million of existing debt for $123.3 million in new debt, pushing back the maturity of some ...
- Oil rises for third day, despite firm dollar Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 1:36 PM EDT
* Dollar/yen hits 4-1/2-year high * Iraq-Turkey oil pipeline stops again - source * U.S. consumer sentiment rises to highest level in six years (New throughout, updates prices and market activity, adds ...
- Midday Glance: Silver companies AP - Fri, May 17, 2013 1:33 PM EDT
Shares of some top silver companies are down at 1 p.m.: Hecla Mining Co. fell $.02 or .6 percent, to $3.20. Pan American Silver Corp. fell $.20 or 1.6 percent, to $11.89. Silver Standard Resources Inc. ...