- [$$] Research Reports @ Barrons.com - 13 minutes ago
Many may be obtained through Thomson Reuters at thomson.com/financial or 800-638-8241. Dillard's • DDS-NYSE Neutral • Price $91.27 on March 4 by Credit Suisse We are downgrading the apparel and furnishings retailer to Neutral from Outperform.
- [$$] Bank Payouts Are Pointing Up @ Barrons.com - 34 minutes ago
Many banks are expected to increase their quarterly dividend payments soon, edging decisively away from the dark days of the 2007-08 meltdown. During the credit crisis, troubled banks were forced to cut dividend payments in return for taxpayer money to stanch self-inflicted wounds. If the banks pass pending Federal Reserve …
- Markets End Mixed on "Jobs Friday" @ Motley Fool - 6 hours ago
Nike gets a boost as one of its retailers posts better than expected earnings.
- [$$] Verizon to Buy Back Up to 100 Million Shares @ The Wall Street Journal - 9 hours ago
Verizon Communications Inc. on Friday said its board has authorized the company to repurchase up to 100 million shares as the period for its previous buyback program wrapped up.
- Buckle February Comps Decline Zacks - 10 hours ago
Buckle witnessed a 1.4% fall in comparable-store sales (comps) for the 4 weeks ended Mar 1, 2014.
- This Fund Closed in a Positive Terrain as Boeing Continued Its Uptrend GuruFocus.com - 10 hours ago
Over the past days hedge funds have been filing their form 13-F, which is a quarterly report of equity holdings by filed institutional investment managers with at least $100 million in equity assets under ...
- Why Palo Alto Networks (PANW) Spiked on Friday @ TheStreet.com - 10 hours ago
Palo Alto Networks (PANW) soared on Friday afternoon on a mistrial ruling in its infringement suit with Juniper Networks (JNPR).
- Why Salesforce.com (CRM) Was Down Today @ TheStreet.com - 10 hours ago
In a filing Tuesday the company said that it could not distinguish between revenue from subscriptions from new customers and upgrades from existing ones.
- BNY Mellon's Revenue Growth on Track Zacks - 10 hours ago
On Mar 5, 2014, we issued an updated research report on The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation.
- Why iPhone market share loss is the main reason for Apple’s drop Market Realist - 10 hours ago
The stock dropped about 9% in a single trading session after the company released its latest earnings report for fiscal Q1 2014 quarter on January 27, 2014.
- 3D Systems Is Most Certainly A Good Buy In 2014 @ Seeking Alpha - 10 hours ago
With the economic revolution three-dimensional printing technology presents to the world, investors are asking the more tangible question about major industry player, 3D Systems ( DDD ). Is their stock ...
- Superior Industries International Management Discusses Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - 10 hours ago
Stephen J. Borick Good morning, everybody, or afternoon. So as all of you can see we had good results for the year and we're moving forward in 2014 with some very exciting information and news that I'm ...
- Fund Managers Mason Hawkins, Chase Coleman Add to Positions GuruFocus.com - 10 hours ago
Chase Coleman (Trades, Portfolio) of Tiger Global Management and Mason Hawkins (Trades, Portfolio) of Southeastern Asset Management both found two stocks within their portfolios worth growing this week....
- [$$] Bed Bath & Beyond Cuts Fourth-Quarter Guidance @ The Wall Street Journal - 10 hours ago
The home-furnishings retailer said individual stores closed for a full day 464 times in the quarter because of severe weather, contributing to the lower earnings estimate.
- Bed Bath & Beyond says weather hampers 4Q profit Associated Press - 10 hours ago
Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. said Friday that cold weather put the chill on its fourth-quarter profit. The Union, N.J., company, which operates Bed Bath & Beyond, Cost Plus World Market and other stores, is ...
- Bed Bath & Beyond Warns Q4 Earnings Hit by 'Adverse Weather' TheStreet.com - 10 hours ago
Bed Bath & Beyond is the latest retail chain to warn that Wall Street's expectations of $1.65 a share on $3.26 billion of revenue for the most recent quarter are too high.
- Verizon (VZ) Declares 53c Quarterly Dividend @ TheStreet.com - 10 hours ago
Verizon (VZ) declares a quarterly dividend of 53 cents a share, payable on May 1 to all shareholders of record as of April 10.
- Bed, Bath & Beyond cuts forecast @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Bed, Bath & Beyond Inc. on Friday cut its fiscal fourth-quarter outlook after snowstorms led to 464 times a store was closed for a full day and 1,923 times a store was closed ...
- Blue Light Specials In The Market: Financials @ Seeking Alpha - 10 hours ago
This week's circular brings a list of Blue Light Specials in the Financials Aisle of the stock market. Consumer DiscretionaryConsumer StaplesEnergy Financials Health CareIndustrialsInformation TechnologyMaterialsTelecomUtilities...
- Why Twitter Is Falling Today @ TheStreet.com - 11 hours ago
Twitter released its annual report on Thursday and the market responded negatively to it today. Twitter closed down 2.4% at $53.53.
- Why Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold (FCX) Is Down Today (Update) @ TheStreet.com - 11 hours ago
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (FCX) dips on Friday after the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the largest copper producer in Africa, announced to miners that it would start an electricity-rationing program ...
- Pall Corp. Hits 52-Week High Zacks - 11 hours ago
Shares of Pall Corp. reached a 52-week high of $87.24 on Thursday, Mar 6, 2014.
- Foot Locker's CEO Discusses Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - 11 hours ago
Lauren B. Peters We sure do, John. Thank you, and let me thank all of you who have joined us this morning to cover the details of a Foot Locker’s 2013 results and to hear about our current view of 2014....
- Penn West Petroleum's CEO Discusses Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - 11 hours ago
Our actual results could differ materially from any conclusions, forecasts or projections in such forward-looking information. Such material factors and assumptions were applied in drawing any conclusions ...
- Why Checkpoint Systems, Inc. Shares Dropped Today @ Motley Fool - 11 hours ago
Is Checkpoint's plunge meaningful? Or just another movement?
- Is the Law of Large Numbers Finally Catching up with Ross Stores? @ Motley Fool - 11 hours ago
Erstwhile high-flyer Ross Stores has disappointed its investors for the second quarter running. The recovering economy is partly to blame for this, as is the company's blistering past growth rate, which ...
- This Brewer Is Focused on the Future @ Motley Fool - 11 hours ago
In a recent conference call, the Boston Beer Company made it clear that it will forsake short-term results for long-term earnings.
- Big Lots' CEO Discusses Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - 11 hours ago
Tim Johnson Thanks, Andy and good morning everyone. For the fourth quarter of fiscal 2013 U.S. comparable store sales decreased 3% which was consistent with our guidance previously provided on December ...
- Why Ambarella (AMBA) Is Falling Today @ TheStreet.com - 11 hours ago
Shares of Ambarella (AMBA) are falling Friday after the company announced it expects lower gross margins in the first quarter, and despite beating analysts' estimates for earnings and revenue in the fourth ...
- 21Vianet (VNET) Tumbles Despite Earnings Win @ TheStreet.com - 11 hours ago
21Vianet (VNET) tumbled on Friday despite posting better-than-expected earnings and sales for its fourth quarter.
- Tyco Shareholders Approve Dividend Hike Zacks - 11 hours ago
Tyco recently got shareholders' approval for increasing its dividend payout.
- Logitech Up on Higher Guidance Zacks - 11 hours ago
Logitech International recently provided an encouraging outlook for fiscal 2014 and 2015 on its Analyst and Investor Day on Mar 6, 2014.
- [$$] Foot Locker Run Has Legs @ Barrons.com - 12 hours ago
While many retailers are grumbling about lousy weather hurting business, Foot Locker is outrunning nature's elements. The footwear retailer announced better-than-expected fiscal fourth-quarter earnings of $121 million, or 81 cents per share, easily exceeding the consensus estimates of $112 million and 76 cents per share, …
- Qualcomm Should Tread Carefully Amid Smartphone Saturation, China Troubles @ Seeking Alpha - 12 hours ago
Having ridden the mobile revolution to new highs, Qualcomm ( QCOM ) rewarded its shareholders with the announcement of a 20% hike in quarterly dividends and the addition of $5 billion to its share buyback ...
- McDermott Wins Multiple Contract Zacks - 12 hours ago
McDermott International has won three consecutive contracts, the most recent one from Brunei Shell Petroleum Company Sdn. Bhd.
- Weather Lowers Fred's February Sales Zacks - 12 hours ago
Bad weather in February marred the sales results at discount retailer Fred's Inc. in February 2014
- Why Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies (QTWW) Is Up Today @ TheStreet.com - 12 hours ago
Shares of Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies (QTWW) are gaining Friday following fourth quarter results that beat analysts' revenue estimates.
- Market Boost Bolsters Household Worth @ Seeking Alpha - 12 hours ago
By David Urani So we got an employment report that was better than anticipated, with 175k jobs being added in what really could have been a worse month with the weather and all. And now the ball goes into ...
- Twitter Ad Rates Fall Again @ The Wall Street Journal - 12 hours ago
Twitter's advertising rates fell again in the last three months of 2013, according to the company's annual report released Thursday.
- Furmanite's CEO Discusses Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - 12 hours ago
Robert S. Muff Thanks, Charlie, and good morning everyone. Okay, let's take a look at our financial results. On the first slide, as we've done in previous quarters, you'll note the income statements presented ...
- Omnicom (OMC) Closes $100M Deal with Instagram @ TheStreet.com - 12 hours ago
Omnicom Group (OMC) rises on Friday after news that Instagram, which Facebook FB purchased for $750 million in 2012, had closed a $100 million deal with the advertising group. Advertising Age reported ...
- Facebook (FB) Dips Despite Instagram's $100M Omnicom (OMC) Deal @ TheStreet.com - 12 hours ago
Facebook (FB) dips despite the news that Instagram, which Facebook bought for $750 million in 2012, had reached a $100 million deal with Omnicom Group OMC. Advertising Age reported that the two sides had ...
- Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Management Discusses Q3 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - 12 hours ago
Steven W. King Thanks, Jay, and thanks to all of you for participating in this morning's call. The last few months at Peregrine have been a very exciting time, with the initiation of the SUNRISE Phase ...
- Why Nike (NKE) Is Up Today @ TheStreet.com - 13 hours ago
Shares of Nike (NKE) are gaining Friday following positive fourth-quarter results from Foot Locker (FL)
- Kinross Closes Debt Securities Offering Zacks - 13 hours ago
Kinross has closed the previously-announced offering of unsecured 10-year debt securities worth $500 million.
- CAS Medical Systems' CEO Discusses Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - 13 hours ago
Tom Patton Thank you, Don. Good morning, everybody and thanks for joining us today to discuss our fourth quarter and full-year financial results. We’re very pleased with our 2013 finish and how we are ...
- Why Analogic (ALOG) Is Plunging Today @ TheStreet.com - 13 hours ago
Analogic (ALOG) plunges after the company, which provides technology for medical imaging, security and ultrasounds, reported second-quarter results that fell short of analysts' expectations despite a surge ...
- Weather wasn't the only thing to hurt Gap's sales @ MarketWatch - 13 hours ago
February snowstorms shut over 450 Gap Inc. stores for at least a day in the U.S. and Japan. That led to a surprise 7% drop in same-store sales, its worst in three years. However, beyond the weather, some ...
- Nordion's CEO Discusses F1Q 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - 13 hours ago
Steve West Thank you, Ana, and good morning everyone, and thanks for joining us today. I'll begin with a review of the first quarter, followed by a brief update on the strategic review. And then, I'll ...
- 13 Companies Providing Shareholders More Cash Through Increased Dividends @ Seeking Alpha - 13 hours ago
In the U.S. and Canada, most companies pay dividends quarterly. In other parts of the world, it is not uncommon for companies to pay an annual or a semi-annual dividend. That is not to say that North American ...