- Fifth Third Misses Earnings on Legal Charges Zacks - 2 minutes 58 seconds ago
Fifth Third Bancorp's first-quarter 2014 earnings per share came in at 36 cents, missing the Zacks Consensus Estimate by a nickel
- DuPont expects farm business to pick up after severe winter Reuters - 3 minutes 24 seconds ago
* Operating earnings in agriculture business fall 5 pct April 17 (Reuters) - Chemicals maker DuPont expects its agriculture business to grow this quarter as farmers buy seeds and insecticides after a delayed start to planting season in North America, which hurt the company's revenue in the first quarter. Shares of DuPont, …
- Pepsi Begins 2014 with Strong Q1 Earnings Zacks - 5 minutes ago
Pepsi beat the Zacks Consensus Estimate for both earnings and revenues.
- Morgan Stanley is looking good, but Goldman is better @ MarketWatch - 8 minutes ago
Goldman’s stock is cheaper, and the bank generates bigger profits, writes Philip van Doorn.
- This Morning: Defending Google, Pondering IBM, Cheers for Splunk, DDD @ Barrons.com - 9 minutes ago
Here are some things going on this morning in your world of tech: Shares of Fairchild Semiconductor (FCS) are down 6 cents, or 0.4%, at$13.46, after the company this morning reported Q1 revenue of $344 million, missing the average $348.6 million estimate, and EPS of 4 cents, a penny better than consensus of 3 cents. Bernstein …
- Why Pepsico (PEP) Stock Is Climbing Today @ TheStreet.com - 9 minutes ago
Pepsio (PEP) stock is up after posting better than expected first quarter revenue and earnings.
- For Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, boring is beautiful Reuters - 12 minutes ago
The results underscored how businesses viewed as stodgy before the financial crisis are becoming critical drivers of earnings growth for investment banks now. Goldman's fixed-income trading revenue plunged during the first quarter, both for trades it did for customers and investments on its own account. But the bank's …
- Pepsi Shows Why It's Better Than Coke @ TheStreet.com - 12 minutes ago
Pepsico is running the table for now, as its earnings show.
- B&G Foods Misses on Q1 Earnings, Beats Rev Zacks - 15 minutes ago
B&G Foods's first-quarter 2014 adjusted earnings per share of 34 cents per share missed the Zacks Consensus Estimate
- Union Pacific Q1 Earnings In Line With Ests Zacks - 17 minutes ago
Union Pacific Corporation reported first quarter 2014 adjusted earnings of $2.38 per share, in line with the Zacks Consensus Estimate.
- PPG Industries Tops on Q1 Earnings, Sales Miss Zacks - 18 minutes ago
PPG Industries' first-quarter 2014 earnings surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate while sales miss.
- Triangle Petroleum (TPLM) Stock Climbs on Mixed Fourth Quarter @ TheStreet.com - 18 minutes ago
Triangle Petroleum (TPLM) stock moves higher on Thursday even as the company reports a mixed fourth quarter.
- Linear Technology Beats on Q3 Earnings Zacks - 25 minutes ago
Linear Technology Corp. reported third-quarter 2014 earnings of 50 cents, surpassing the Zacks Consensus Estimate by 4 cents.
- Alliance Data Beats on Q1 Earnings, Ups Guidance Zacks - 27 minutes ago
Alliance Data reported adjusted earnings of $2.64 per share in the first quarter of 2014, topped the Zacks Consensus Estimate by 1.9% and were 12% above the year-ago figure.
- Recap: Morgan Stanley CFO says strength in commodities was a big driver this quarter @ MarketWatch - 34 minutes ago
Morgan Stanley [wsj-quote ticker="MS" name="Morgan Stanley" realTimeChannel="/quotes/nls/ms" channel="/quotes/zigman/182639/delayed" id="quote_3675315"]on ...
- RLI Corp. Keeps Earnings Streak Alive with Q1 Zacks - 35 minutes ago
RLI Corp. delivered four straight quarters of positive surprises with its first-quarter operating earnings of 57 cents per share exceeding the Zacks Consensus Estimate by 5.6%.
- Honeywell (HON) Reports Mixed First Quarter @ TheStreet.com - 37 minutes ago
Honeywell (HON) reported a mixed first quarter, beating earnings estimates but falling short of revenue forecasts.
- General Electric's Revenue and Profit Fall After NBCUniversal Sale @ Motley Fool - 43 minutes ago
On the surface, General Electric's results look disappointing, but after the sale of NBCUniversal the business looks stronger than ever.
- GE industrial profit boost underscores strategy, shares up Reuters - 45 minutes ago
GE, which is increasingly focusing on its traditional manufacturing businesses over its finance unit, posted an 8 percent increase in industrial revenue, even as overall company revenue fell slightly short of Wall Street's target. "The big story is the organic revenue growth," said Tim Ghriskey, chief investment officer …
- Mattel Reports Q1 Loss on Weak Sales Zacks - 45 minutes ago
Mattel Inc. reported first-quarter 2014 loss of 3 cents per share which compared unfavorably with the prior-year quarter earnings of 11 cents as well as the Zacks Consensus Estimate of earnings of 8 cents....
- Will This Analyst Upgrade Help Equifax (EFX) Stock Today? (Update) @ TheStreet.com - 45 minutes ago
Deutsche Bank upgraded Equifax (EFX) to "buy" from "hold" and set a $78 price target. The firm noted the stock has pulled back, but consumer credit growth is accelerating.
- Will This Price Target Increase Help Sandisk (SNDK) Stock Today? (Update) @ TheStreet.com - 47 minutes ago
Credit Suisse increased its price target on Sandisk (SNDK) to $125, increased its estimates and set an "outperform" rating. The firm notes the company is seeing higher sales and margins.
- Why Taiwan Semiconductor (TSM) Stock Is Up Today @ TheStreet.com - 48 minutes ago
Taiwan Semiconductor (TSM) rose Thursday after the company reported first-quarter results and issued record second-quarter revenue guidance that surpassed analysts' expectations. The world's largest contract ...
- Plexus Q2 Earnings in Line, Revs Beat Zacks - 55 minutes ago
Plexus reported a better-than-expected second-quarter fiscal 2014
- GE Earnings: Industrial Margins Gain as Capital Keeps Winding Down @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 55 minutes ago
GE reported solid first-quarter results that show strength in its Industrial business to account for the winding down of GE Capital.
- UnitedHealth Group Says Obamacare, Sequestration Put 'Burden' On Q1 Profits @ Forbes - 56 minutes ago
Shares of UnitedHealth Group were down more than 3% Thursday morning after the insurer revealed that the Affordable Care Act and sequester cuts to Medicare weighed on its first quarter earnings.
- General Electric: The Beginning Of The Industrial Breakout @ Seeking Alpha - 57 minutes ago
General Electric ( GE ) posted earnings this morning that beat expectations. Earnings are also getting a lot of play due to the strong results from its industrial businesses. Industrial revenues were up ...
- BlackRock (BLK) Stock Down Despite Positive Earnings Report @ TheStreet.com - 57 minutes ago
BlackRock (BLK) shares are down despite a 19.6% profit increase
- BB&T Misses Q1 Earnings on Lower Revs Zacks - 1 hour 4 minutes ago
BB&T Corp.'s (BBT) first-quarter 2014 earnings per share of 69 cents lagged the Zacks Consensus Estimate of 71 cents.
- Universal Forest's Q1 Earnings Up Y/Y, Lag Ests Zacks - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
Universal Forest Products Inc. reported mixed results for first-quarter 2014 as bottom-line improved despite a lackluster top-line result. Earnings per share in the quarter were 36 cents, up 38.5% year ...
- Why Chemtura (CHMT) Stock Is Down Today @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
Shares of Chemtura (CHMT) have fallen after it was reported late last night that the specialty chemicals company plans to sell its agrochemicals business to Platform Specialty Products for about $1 billion....
- Credit Suisse Posts Dismal Q1 Earnings Zacks - 1 hour 15 minutes ago
Credit Suisse Group AG reported first-quarter 2014 net income attributable to shareholders of CHF 859.0 million ($962.1 million), down 34% from the year-ago quarter
- Google still a top pick for Wall Street, despite mobile ad challenges Reuters - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
Google shares were down about 3 percent in early trading on Thursday, and at least 12 brokerages cut their target price on the stock. "Despite an expectations-miss quarter, Google remains one of the best-positioned stocks for many of the secular growth drivers in the Internet space," RBC Capital analyst Mark Mahaney, who …
- Google's Earnings Impacted by Nest: What Wall Street's Saying @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
First-quarter earnings for Google miss estimates, but pending any further hiccups it looks like the gravy train is continuing, at least for now.
- Honeywell raises outlook as earnings rise @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
Maker of aerospace and building control products cites ‘nice momentum’ exiting quarter
- Why Acme United (ACU) Stock Is Up Today @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 20 minutes ago
Acme United (ACU) reported a 9% year over year quarterly increase in net sales on Thursday
- UnitedHealth Beats on Q1 Earnings, Lags Revs Zacks - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
U.S. health insurer UnitedHealth Group Inc. reported first-quarter 2014 operating earnings of $1.10 per share
- Intel pushes into mobile, but finds no profits @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 27 minutes ago
Investors will have to be patient with Intel as the chipmaker is still tied to the PC industry as its biggest revenue and profit generator, writes Therese Poletti.
- Aetna (AET) Marked As Today's Roof Leaker Stock @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Aetna (AET) as a "roof leaker" (crossing below the 200-day simple moving average on higher than normal relative volume) candidate
- Abnormal Volume Stocks To Watch On Thursday @ Forbes - 1 hour 30 minutes ago
Looking through the closing trading data for the Russell 1000 components, there are some abnormal volume stand-outs that traders will be interested to watch during Thursday's upcoming session. To compile this list, we calculated the three month average volume for each stock ahead of the previous trading session, and then …
- Morgan Stanley's income rose 18 percent Associated Press - 1 hour 31 minutes ago
- How Altria Plans to Keep Delivering Returns @ Motley Fool - 1 hour 33 minutes ago
Despite the decline of smoking, Altria can keep generating growth with price increases and a focus on other brands.
- Updates, advisories and surprises @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 34 minutes ago
A roundup of the latest corporate earnings reports and what companies are saying about future quarters.
- Actelion Beats on Q1 Earnings and Sales Zacks - 1 hour 35 minutes ago
Actelion reported 1Q14 earnings of $1.64 per ADR, up 23.6% y/y, beating the Zacks Consensus Estimate of $1.12.
- The Right ETFs for Growing Emerging Markets Dividends ETF Trends - 1 hour 35 minutes ago
Last year, emerging markets companies accounted for $1 of every $7 paid in dividends and payouts in developing economies have more than doubled over the past years. Where exactly that growth is coming ...
- Why Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Stock Is Higher Today @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 35 minutes ago
Shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) are up after the restaurant chain reported financial results for its first quarter ended March 31.
- Dividend Watch: 2 Stocks Going Ex-Dividend Monday: WST, CLX @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 35 minutes ago
WST CLX are going ex-dividend Monday, Monday, April 21, 2014, 4:00 AM ET
- Baxter International (BAX): Stock With Unusual Social Activity @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Baxter International (BAX) as an unusual social activity candidate
- Will This Downgrade Hurt Seadrill (SDRL) Stock Today? @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 44 minutes ago
Seadrill (SDRL) downgraded to 'neutral' by BofA Merrill Lynch (BAC)
- People's United Q1 Earnings Lag, Div Up Zacks - 1 hour 45 minutes ago
Regional bank People's United Financial Inc. reported first-quarter 2014 operating earnings per share of 19 cents, missing the Zacks Consensus Estimate by a penny.