- Qualcomm in China's crosshairs @ CNBC - 2 minutes 27 seconds ago
U.S. chipmaker Qualcomm became a target of Chinese media Thursday when the company's CEO traveled to China.
- Facebook Beats but Lofty Valuation Puts These ETFs on Watch Zacks - 4 minutes 55 seconds ago
Given Facebook impressive results but valuation concerns, investors should closely watch ETFs with larger allocation to this networking giant.
- Why Facebook (FB) Stock Is Climbing Today @ TheStreet.com - 9 minutes ago
Facebook (FB) stock is higher in pre-market trading after reporting an increase in net earnings and revenue for the 2014 second quarter.
- [$$] Dr Pepper Snapple Raises Outlook; Cost Cuts, Volume Boost Profit @ The Wall Street Journal - 10 minutes ago
Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc. raised its outlook for the year as it posted 35% growth in second-quarter profit on higher volumes and lower costs.
- Gilead Crushes Q2 Earnings Estimates as Sovaldi Sales Soar Zacks - 12 minutes ago
Gilead (GILD) blew away estimates on strong Sovaldi sales.
- Hershey 2Q profit climbs 5.4 percent Associated Press - 19 minutes ago
Hershey Co. (HSY) on Thursday reported net income that rose by 5.4 percent in its second quarter. The results matched analysts' expectations. The Hershey, Pennsylvania-based company said net income increased ...
- [video] Amazon earnings expectations @ CNBC - 21 minutes ago
We're looking for 21 percent revenue growth, says Michael Graham, Canaccord Genuity, providing a preview of what he is expecting to see when Amazon reports its quarterly results after the bell.
- Caterpillar Cuts Costs to Boost Earnings as Outlook Softens 24/7 Wall St. - 22 minutes ago
Caterpillar reported mixed second-quarter 2014 results before markets opened Thursday morning. The heavy equipment company said it has seen no evidence of an upturn in the mining business.
- [$$] Caterpillar's Revenue Disappoints @ The Wall Street Journal - 22 minutes ago
Caterpillar said its profit rose 4.1% as the machinery maker benefited from lower operating costs and strong construction results, while its mining-related business continued to post weak results.
- GM's profit falls on recall costs, victims' compensation fund Reuters - 22 minutes ago
General Motors Co (GM.N) reported a much lower second-quarter profit on Thursday due to numerous recalls and the expected cost of at least $400 million for a compensation fund for those killed or injured by a defective ignition switch linked to at least 13 deaths. GM also reiterated that it expected a moderately improved …
- Lithia Motors Shares Up on Q2 Earnings and Revenue Beat Zacks - 23 minutes ago
Lithia Motors' second quarter earnings beats Zacks Consensus Estimate by 9 cents.
- GM profit falls on recall costs, compensation fund @ CNBC - 26 minutes ago
General Motors reported a lower profit due to numerous recalls and the expected cost of at least $400 million for its victims' compensation fund.
- [$$] United Continental Profit Rises 68% @ The Wall Street Journal - 29 minutes ago
United Continental Holdings said its second-quarter profit surged 68% as passenger revenue climbed.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. Navigates Through a Tough Quarter to Beat Estimates @ Motley Fool - 30 minutes ago
Diamond Offshore manages to beat estimates despite the headwinds from a contract cancellation.
- Cirrus Logic (CRUS) Down Despite Q1 Earnings & Revenue Beat Zacks - 32 minutes ago
Cirrus Logic Inc. (CRUS) reported first-quarter fiscal 2015 adjusted earnings of 28 cents, which surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate of 17 cents.
- Will This Ratings Upgrade Help PepsiCo (PEP) Stock Today? @ TheStreet.com - 33 minutes ago
PepsiCo (PEP) was upgraded to 'buy' from 'hold' at Stifel Nicolaus (SF).
- Nokia Tops on Q2 Earnings, Misses Revs, Ups Profit Guidance Zacks - 36 minutes ago
For fiscal 2014, Nokia Corp. (NOK) raised adjusted operating margin guidance for the Nokia Networks segment.
- How Will Boeing (BA) Stock React To This Analyst Action? @ TheStreet.com - 37 minutes ago
Boeing (BA) stock is down in pre-market trading as the company was downgraded to 'neutral' from 'buy' at Bank of America/Merrill Lynch (BAC).
- Update: Gilead Sciences Earnings @ Seeking Alpha - 41 minutes ago
Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD ) reported earnings Wednesday that beat expectations by $0.57 per share. Revenue came in at $6.54 billion, which was $680 million above estimates. The revenue number was an ...
- Coca-Cola And PepsiCo: Don't Let Short-Term Price Affect Your Long-Term Judgment @ Seeking Alpha - 43 minutes ago
Recently both Coca-Cola (NYSE: KO ) and PepsiCo (NYSE: PEP ) announced quarterly earnings. In my view: prices come daily, facts quarterly. That is, every second of every trading day the market provides ...
- Sallie Mae (SLM) Beats Q2 Earnings Estimates on Higher NII Zacks - 49 minutes ago
Clearing all skepticism, the new Sallie Mae (SLM) delivered a positive earnings surprise in its standalone financials for second-quarter 2014
- Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao Beats on Q2 Sales Zacks - 52 minutes ago
Brazilian retail giant Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao (CBD) or Grupo Pao de Acucar (GPA) reported strong second quarter 2014 results with double-digit profit and sales growth, despite tough macroeconomic ...
- How Will SEI Investments (SEIC) Stock Respond To This Analyst Upgrade? @ TheStreet.com - 54 minutes ago
SEI Investments (SEIC) was upgraded to 'outperform' from 'market perform' at Keefe, Bruyette & Woods (KBW) today.
- American Airlines declares 1st dividend since 1980 as profit rises Reuters - 55 minutes ago
American, the largest airline by traffic, formed from the late-2013 merger of US Airways and AMR Corp, declared a dividend of 10 cents a share for shareholders of record Aug. 4. American also said it planned a $1 billion (587 million pounds) share repurchase programme and would make additional pension contributions.
- Eli Lilly Beats on Q2 Earnings & Revs, Maintains View Zacks - 57 minutes ago
Although Eli Lilly's (LLY) results were better-than-expected, earnings and revenues declined from the year-ago quarter due to the genericization of Cymbalta and Evista.
- [video] Strong Earnings Shouldn’t Be a Surprise: Ward @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 0 minutes ago
July 24 (Bloomberg) -- Howard Ward, chief investment officer of growth equities at Gamco, discusses why U.S. economic data points to strong earnings and an increase of money into the equities market. He ...
- F5 Networks Beats on Q3 Earnings & Revenues, Guides Well Zacks - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
F5 Networks Inc. (FFIV) reported third-quarter fiscal 2014 adjusted earnings of $1.07 per share, which not only beat the Zacks Consensus Estimate of $1.05 per share but also increased 23.1% on a year-over-year ...
- [video] Facebook Blows Away Earnings Estimates: Chart of the Day @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
Facebook's Wednesday earnings report blew away predictions, with monthly average users and daily average users each growing double digits year over year.
- O'Reilly Automotive Tops Q2 Earnings on Operational Merit Zacks - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
O'Reilly Automotive Inc. (ORLY) posted a 20.9% increase in earnings to $1.91 per share in the second quarter of 2014.
- Zacks Earnings Trends Highlights: Intel, Micron Technology and Apple Zacks - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
Zacks Earnings Trends Highlights: Intel, Micron Technology and Apple
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Caterpillar, Lincoln Electric Holdings, Precision Castparts, Graphic … Zacks - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Caterpillar, Lincoln Electric Holdings, Precision Castparts, Graphic Packaging Holding and Visa
- American Airlines to pay first dividend since 1980 Associated Press - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
American Airlines says it will pay its first dividend since 1980. The company announced Thursday that shareholders will get a quarterly cash dividend of 10 cents per share. American will also spend up ...
- [$$] Under Armour Profit, Sales Grow @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
Strong footwear and apparel sales buoyed athletic-apparel maker Under Armour's top- and bottom-lines in the second quarter.
- Qualcomm Tops on Q3 Earnings, Revenues; China a Concern Zacks - 1 hour 11 minutes ago
Qualcomm Inc. (QCOM) reported strong financial results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014.However, the company is facing near-term challenges related to its licensing business in China.
- Ford Earnings Get European Boost for First Time in 3 Years @ 24/7 Wall St. - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
Ford reported lower but better-than-expected second-quarter 2014 results before markets opened Thursday morning. It saw its first profit in Europe in three years.
- Boston Scientific 2Q profit falls 97 percent Associated Press - 1 hour 20 minutes ago
Boston Scientific Corp. (BSX) on Thursday reported earnings that decreased by 97 percent in its second quarter, and beat analysts' expectations. The Natick, Massachusetts-based company said profit declined ...
- AT&T Misses Q2 Earnings, Revenues on High Promo Costs Zacks - 1 hour 21 minutes ago
AT&T Inc. (T) reported second-quarter 2014 adjusted earnings per share of 62 cents, missing the Zacks Consensus Estimate.
- Noble Energy sees Q4 sales volume 310MBoe/d-330MBoe/d theflyonthewall.com - 1 hour 28 minutes ago
This estimate is lower than earlier expectations primarily due to more conservative assumptions in the DJ Basin for infrastructure capacity and timing of well tie-ins.
- American Air Sets First Dividend Since ’80 on Merger Gain @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 31 minutes ago
American Airlines Group Inc. (AAL) will pay its first shareholder dividend since 1980 as the carrier reaps financial benefits from the December merger with US Airways faster than it expected. The plan highlights a transformation at American since it emerged from bankruptcy and combined with US Airways Group Inc. to become …
- Bristol-Myers Tops Earnings Estimates on Drug Sales @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 31 minutes ago
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. (BMY) , the maker of the anti-psychotic drug Abilify, reported second-quarter profit that topped analysts’ estimates on sales of its cancer medicine Yervoy and blood thinner Eliquis. Yervoy sales were $321 million, compared with the average analyst estimate of $292 million, while revenue for Eliquis, …
- [video] Apple, Facebook Beats Good Signs for Earnings Reports @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 31 minutes ago
Alan Knuckman discusses big tech beats, from companies including Apple and Facebook, and what it means for earnings going forward.
- D.R. Horton Earnings Fall as Company Incurs Impairment Charges @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 34 minutes ago
D.R. Horton Inc., the largest U.S. homebuilder by revenue, said fiscal third-quarter earnings declined as the company’s sales margin shrank and it incurred $54.7 million in pretax charges. Net income was $113.1 million, or 32 cents a share, for the three months ended June 30, compared with $146 million, or 42 cents, a …
- Meet Apple: The Cash-Making Juggernaut @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 1 hour 35 minutes ago
If Apple wasn’t already one of the most recognizable brands in the world, some people may have mistaken the tech giant for a bank.
- Update: Lithia Motors Earnings - Rises To 52-Week High @ Seeking Alpha - 1 hour 38 minutes ago
Lithia Motors (NYSE: LAD ) posted double-digit same store sales growth across all its business lines, for the first time ever. Revenues were up 21% Y/Y and EPS was $1.34 a share. That's up from the 2Q ...
- I Own These 5 Top Dividend Stocks; Should You? @ Motley Fool - 1 hour 41 minutes ago
Regular cash distributions from blue-chip companies is my investing model
- Why Earnings Season Could Be Great for American Capital Agency (AGNC) Zacks - 1 hour 42 minutes ago
Investors are always looking for stocks that are poised to beat at earnings season and American Capital Agency may be one such company as the firm has earnings coming up pretty soon, and events are shaping ...
- Is a Surprise Coming for LyondellBasell Industries (LYB) This Earnings Season? Zacks - 1 hour 45 minutes ago
Investors are always looking for stocks that are poised to beat at earnings season and LyondellBasell Industries may be one such company as the firm has earnings coming up pretty soon, and events are shaping ...
- [$$] Eli Lilly Profit Sinks on Patent Expirations @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 46 minutes ago
Eli Lilly said its second-quarter profit slid 39% as patent expirations for some of its bigger-selling drugs dragged down revenue and volume.
- Why Lifepoint Hospitals (LPNT) Might Surprise This Earnings Season Zacks - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
Investors are always looking for stocks that are poised to beat at earnings season and Lifepoint Hospitals may be one such company as the firm has earnings coming up pretty soon, and events are shaping ...
- Should You Buy Lear Corp. (LEA) Ahead of Earnings? Zacks - 1 hour 53 minutes ago
Investors are always looking for stocks that are poised to beat at earnings season and Lear Corp. may be one such company as the firm has earnings coming up pretty soon, and events are shaping up quite ...