- Business Briefs: New Digest @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
China’s Fosun International Ltd. and its partners Friday yet again raised their offer for Club Méditerranée SA, highlighting the conglomerate’s determination to win a protracted takeover battle for the ...
- China’s Xiaomi raises over $1 billion in investment round @ MarketWatch - Sat, Dec 20, 2014 12:19 PM EST
Xiaomi Corp. is raising more than $1 billion in its latest round of funding, valuing the fast-growing Chinese smartphone maker at more than $45 billion and making it one of the most valuable technology ...
- Falling Oil Prices Don’t Give Clean-Energy Stocks the All-Clear @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 11:05 PM EST
These are dark days for investors in Big Oil. That doesn’t mean clear skies for investors in clean energy.
- BlackBerry’s Revenue Falls 34% @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 11:05 PM EST
BlackBerry shares fall as the smartphone maker’s disappointing revenue underscores the challenges it faces in winning back traditional business customers.
- Paychex (PAYX) Earnings Report: Q2 2015 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 6:17 PM EST
The following Paychex (PAYX) conference call took place on December 19, 2014, 09:30 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Four Great Stocks With Rising Earnings Estimates @ Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 6:16 PM EST
Four companies in the Spotlight screen are expected to report rising profits for the current quarter. Profit at Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) is expected to rise 78% in its fiscal first quarter that ends this ...
- S&P 500 Dividends Keep Rising But Outlook Dims @ Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 6:16 PM EST
Dividends continue to rise, but the pace of payout growth may slow, a new report says. Dividends paid per share in the S&P 500 increased 11.3% to $37.99 for the 12-month period ending in October. That ...
- Stocks End Big Week Higher Morningstar - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 4:50 PM EST
U.S. Market Stocks were higher today following the largest two-day rally in years. There were no major economic news releases this morning although Wednesday’s FOMC statement that the central bank would ...
- Blackberry shares dip on mixed earnings @ USA TODAY - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 4:46 PM EST
CEO says "a lot of work" still to do to sustain profitability
- Maverick Capital closes position in Ctrip.com Market Realist - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 4:36 PM EST
Maverick Capital closed its position in Ctrip.com in 3Q14. The position accounted for 1.05% of the fund’s total portfolio in 2Q14. Its position in CTRP was initiated in 2Q14.
- CarMax Earnings Jump 28%, Stock Surges @ Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 4:32 PM EST
CarMax (KMX) reported third-quarter results that topped analyst expectations Friday and noted the recent drop in fuel costs hasn't changed what types of cars its customers are buying. The nation's largest ...
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) Stock Closes Higher Today as Oil Prices Rise @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 4:08 PM EST
Shares of oil and gas services company Basic Energy Services (BAS) closed up 25.47% to $7.98 on Friday as oil prices rose.
- Strong Dollar Weighs Down U.S. Software Firms @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 4:07 PM EST
A strong U.S. dollar is terrific for American tourists on holiday trips abroad. But for U.S. software companies, the mighty greenback is a bummer.
- Hasbro (HAS) Stock Closed Down Today After Price Target Cut @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 4:05 PM EST
Hasbro (HAS) stock tumbled, closing lower in the red Friday after the toy maker had its price target slashed to $55 from $57 at BMO Capital.
- Bank Of America Reiterates On Intel Benzinga - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 4:02 PM EST
Bank of America reiterated its Buy rating on Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC ) Friday and maintained a $43 price target while naming it a Top Pick. Analysts led by Vivek Arya continued “to like Intel on ...
- eBay Stock Declines Following Revelation of Outgoing CEO's $23 Million Golden Parachute @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 3:56 PM EST
eBay (EBAY) shares are declining after the company revealed a separation package for its outgoing CEO that could be as high as $23 million.
- Citi Raises Price Target On Facebook, Says Instagram Is Worth $35 Billion Benzinga - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 3:42 PM EST
Citi raised its price target on Facebook Inc (NASDAQ: FB ) Friday from $86 to $91 and maintained a Buy rating. Analysts led by Mark May raised the target price “On the heels of Instagram’s announcement ...
- BlackBerry's Revenue Decline: Here's Why Investors Shouldn't Worry Benzinga - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 3:40 PM EST
BlackBerry Ltd 's (NASDAQ: BBRY ) revenue fell 34 percent during the fiscal third quarter, suggesting that it could be a while before the company's turnaround provides meaningful results. This news scared ...
- Maverick Capital exits position in Walgreen’s Market Realist - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 2:36 PM EST
Maverick Capital closed its position in Walgreen's in 3Q14. The position accounted for 1.40% of the fund’s total portfolio in 2Q14. WAG is the largest drug retailing chain in the US.
- Facebook's Instagram Is Worth So Many Billions You Won't Believe It @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 2:36 PM EST
The social network recently leapfrogged Twitter in number of users. Now it's also worth considerably more, says Citi Research.
- Key Energy Services (KEG) Stock Gaining Today as Oil Prices Rise @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 2:31 PM EST
Key Energy Services (KEG) stock is higher as oil and energy stocks get a boost from the rise in oil prices.
- Nike Analyst Roundup Following Q2 Earnings Benzinga - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Nike Inc (NYSE: NKE ) reported Q2 financial results Thursday and beat expectations, but shares fell over 2.5 percent Friday to $94.59. Analysts commented on the stock following the earnings release and ...
- Weatherford International (WFT) Stock Is Up Today as Oil Prices Rise @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 2:19 PM EST
Weatherford International (WFT) is gaining Friday as oil prices rebounded from near five-year lows.
- Omega Advisors lowers position in Chimera Investment Market Realist - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 2:09 PM EST
Chimera Investment invests in residential mortgage loans, residential mortgage-backed securities, real estate-related securities and various other asset classes. Chimera declared a fourth-quarter 2014 ...
- Carnival (CCL) Earnings Report: Q4 2014 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 1:51 PM EST
The following Carnival (CCL) conference call took place on December 19, 2014, 10:00 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) Stock Up Today After Declaring Quarterly Cash Dividend @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 1:44 PM EST
Shares of Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) are higher after declaring a quarterly cash dividend of 31.25 cents per share payable on February 2, 2015.
- Carnival Cruises In Q4 On Triple-Digit EPS Gains @ Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 1:43 PM EST
Cruise line Carnival (CCL) on Friday reported stratospheric earnings growth and decent sales gains in the fourth quarter, aided by higher ticket prices, new ships, lower fuel costs and a "Love Boat" ...
- Walmart Stores (WMT) Stock Lower Today Over Mexican Real Estate Charges @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 1:39 PM EST
Shares of Walmart Stores (WMT) are down after the company was accused by investors of allegedly ignoring a court order regarding bribes to facilitate Mexican real estate deals.
- BlackBerry Conference Call Highlights Benzinga - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 1:38 PM EST
BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ: BBRY ) recently reported its second quarter earnings. Shares of the company are down less than 1 percent. View more earnings on BBRY • We turn in $0.01 on a non-GAAP profit and ...
- JPMorgan report says it's learning from mistakes Reuters - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 1:34 PM EST
- Nike Conference Call Highlights Benzinga - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 1:23 PM EST
Nike Inc (NYSE: NKE ) recently reported its second quarter earnings. Shares of the company are down 3 percent. View more earnings on NKE • Nike revenues increased 15% to $7.4 billion. Gross margin expanded ...
- [video]Carnival Cruise Vacationers Spend More Onboard, Profit Tops Estimates @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 1:13 PM EST
Carnival Corp.'s fourth quarter earnings topped expectations but its sales missed estimates.
- Super Saturday Preview: Which Retailers Desperately Need Big Results @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 1:08 PM EST
This Saturday could turn out to be the busiest shopping day of the holiday season. For these retailers, it may be the most important day of 2014.
- When it Comes to Details, BlackBerry Isn't Talking @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 1:04 PM EST
BlackBerry Ltd.'s third-quarter results were a mixed bag, but it's what the company didn't say that might overshadow the cheers it may generate from hitting some financial targets earlier than expected....
- Red Hat Earns Bevy Of Price Hikes After Q3 Earnings @ Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 12:58 PM EST
Red Hat (RHT) earned at least 10 price target hikes from investment banks Friday, after the Linux leader late Thursday posted Q3 earnings that soundly beat estimates, and its stock rose to 14-year highs. ...
- Apple spent $56 billion on buybacks in 2014 @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 12:52 PM EST
Apple spent more than $56 billion on buybacks over the last year as it ramped up capital-return efforts.
- Mattel (MAT) Stock Falling Today on Analyst Action @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 12:46 PM EST
Mattel (MAT) stock is down as BMO Capital expresses concerns that the toy company is losing share to competitors.
- T-Mobile (TMUS) Stock Is Up Today After Settling FTC Cramming Lawsuit @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 12:29 PM EST
T-Mobile (TMUS) agrees to pay $90 million in refunds and $22.5 million in fines for charging customers for unwanted services.
- BlackBerry Falls 5%: FYQ3 Cash Flow Turns Positive, Device Prices Fall @ Barrons.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 12:28 PM EST
Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) are down 48 cents, or almost 5%, at $9.59, after the company this morning reported fiscal Q3 revenue that missed analysts’ estimates by a wide margin, but beat on the bottom ...
- AK Steel (AKS) Stock Continues to Rise Today After Strong Fourth-Quarter Guidance @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 12:25 PM EST
Shares of AK Steel (AKS) were up in early afternoon trading Friday, after the steel manufacturer announced its fourth-quarter guidance on Thursday that beat analysts' expectations.
- Why Expectations For Gambling Earnings Are Decreasing Market Realist - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 12:18 PM EST
Analysts downgraded their 2014 and 2015 estimates for gross gaming revenue. They lowered the target price for casino players with operations in Macau.
- Will Lower Oil Prices Threaten Whiting Petroleum, the New King of Bakken? @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 12:16 PM EST
Here’s how the company is dealing with low prices while relying on production from the high-cost Bakken shale formation.
- BlackBerry Shares Sink On 33% Drop In Q3 Revenue Benzinga - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 12:14 PM EST
BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ: BBRY ) shares fell as much as 13 percent Friday on a substantial third-quarter revenue miss, although the company beat expectations for adjusted earnings. The smartphone company's ...
- CVS Health (CVS) Stock Higher Today After Analyst Upgrade @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 12:03 PM EST
Shares of CVS Health (CVS) are up after Suntrust Robinson Humphrey upgraded the company to 'buy' from 'neutral' with a price target of $110.
- Nike, BlackBerry, Hasbro drop; Red Hat, CarMax climb @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 12:02 PM EST
Stocks that are making moves Friday also include Mattel, Xerox, Finish Line, Juno Therapeutics and Ally Financial.
- Noble Corp. (NE) Stock Is Gaining Today as Oil Prices Rebound @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 11:56 AM EST
Noble Corp. (NE) is gaining Friday as oil prices rebounded from near five-year lows.
- Apple’s iPhone is beating demand estimates @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 11:54 AM EST
Demand for Apple’s is tracking ahead of the expectations of both Wall Street analysts and investors, according to a research report Morgan Stanley sent to clients.
- Carmax (KMX) Earnings Report: Q3 2015 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 11:49 AM EST
The following Carmax (KMX) conference call took place on December 19, 2014, 09:00 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Why BlackBerry Shares Are Falling, Despite a Surprise Profit @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 11:44 AM EST
There are plenty of reasons to believe in BlackBerry even with its disappointing revenue.
- Nabors Industries (NBR) Stock Surging Today as Oil Futures Rally @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 11:37 AM EST
Nabors Industries (NBR) stock is higher this morning as crude oil futures rally, pushing oil stocks up.