- Story Stocks from Briefing.com Briefing.com - 6 minutes ago
Story Stocks from Briefing.com
- Why TreeHouse Foods (THS) Stock Is Climbing Today @ TheStreet.com - 16 minutes ago
TreeHouse Foods (THS) shares are up after the company was upgraded to 'buy' from 'neutral' by analysts at SunTrust on Monday.
- Overview: Alaska Airlines’ 2Q14 earnings highlights Market Realist - 22 minutes ago
Alaska Air Group (ALK) was incorporated in 1985 in Delaware. It's a holding company for Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air. It's the seventh largest U.S. carrier providing passenger and cargo transportation ...
- Clorox exits Venezuela citing govt restrictions Associated Press - 23 minutes ago
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Clorox is shutting down all operations in Venezuela, citing restrictions by the government, supply disruptions and economic uncertainty.
- Why RadioShack (RSH) Stock Is Gaining Today @ TheStreet.com - 29 minutes ago
RadioShack (RSH) shares are climbing after the company announced that it was in talks with major vendors concerning changes to its commercial arrangement.
- Stocks to Watch: Sigma-Aldrich, Apple, Clorox @ The Wall Street Journal - 40 minutes ago
Among the companies with shares expected to actively trade in Monday's session are Sigma-Aldrich, Apple and Clorox.
- Will Finish Line (FINL) Stock Be Negatively Impacted Today By This Ratings Downgrade? @ TheStreet.com - 40 minutes ago
Finish Line (FINL) stock was downgraded to 'equal-weight' from 'overweight' at Morgan Stanley.
- Stock Market News for September 22, 2014 Zacks - 44 minutes ago
Markets finished almost flat on Friday as Alibaba's grand debut on the NYSE failed to offset declines in technology shares
- Company News for September 22, 2014 Zacks - 47 minutes ago
Companies in the News are: COL,CAT,DRC,TIBX
- Will This Price Target Decrease Hurt Whole Foods (WFM) Stock Today? @ TheStreet.com - 47 minutes ago
Sterne Agee lowers its price target for Whole Foods (WFM) to $37, while lowering its EPS estimates for 2015.
- Will This Price Target Increase Help United States Steel (X) Stock Today? @ TheStreet.com - 50 minutes ago
Shares of United States Steel (X) fell in pre-market trading Monday after Jefferies increased its price target on the stock to $48 and increased its estimates.
- AutoZone sales disappoint as customers prefer new cars to repairs Reuters - 53 minutes ago
- Will This Price Target Decrease Hurt Barrick Gold (ABX) Stock Today? @ TheStreet.com - 58 minutes ago
Credit Suisse lowers its price target for Barrick Gold (ABX) to $20 from $22 with a 'neutral' rating.
- Toyota Sales Remain Strong; Weak Fiscal Guidance a Drag Zacks - 1 hour 1 minute ago
On Sep 18, 2014, we issued an updated research report on Toyota Motor Corporation (TM).
- Market Watchers Get a Breather Zacks - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
Today's focus seems primarily on China, though next week will bring a host of top-tier Fed-centric data.
- Regis/Mn (RGS) Upgraded From Sell to Hold @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
Regis/Mn (RGS) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from Sell to Hold with a ratings score of C-.
- Why Davidson Kempner eliminates position in JPMorgan Chase Market Realist - 1 hour 11 minutes ago
Davidson Kempner exited a position in JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM) that accounted for 1.29% of the fund's 1Q14 portfolio. This position was initiated in 1Q14. JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial ...
- Tenet Healthcare Hits 52-Week High on M&A Activities, Q2 Zacks - 1 hour 11 minutes ago
On Sep 19, 2014, shares of Tenet Healthcare Corp. (THC) scaled a new 52-week high of $63.51.
- Aradigm (ARDM) Upgraded From Sell to Hold @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
Aradigm (ARDM) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from Sell to Hold with a ratings score of C-.
- Why Las Vegas Sands (LVS) Stock Is Down In Pre-Market Trading Today @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 30 minutes ago
Las Vegas Sands (LVS) stock is falling in pre-market trading due to a ratings downgrade to 'market perform' from 'outperform' at Wells Fargo.
- DeVry (DV) Grows with HealthCare; DeVry University Lags Zacks - 1 hour 31 minutes ago
On Sep 19, we issued an updated research report on DeVry Education Group Inc. (DV).
- How Will AutoZone (AZO) Stock Be Affected Today By Its Mixed Earnings Report? @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
Autozone (AZO) beat analysts fourth quarter earnings expectations while narrowly missing on revenue guidance on Monday.
- Other Chinese Stocks In Focus Following Alibaba's IPO Zacks - 1 hour 41 minutes ago
Alibaba Group Holding, which will trade with the ticker BABA, has priced its IPO at $68 per share, the high end of the estimated range of $66 to $68, and will raise $21.8 billion.
- How Will Hologic (HOLX) Stock Respond Today To This Analyst Upgrade? @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 41 minutes ago
Hologic (HOLX) was were upgraded to 'overweight' from 'neutral' at Piper Jaffray, as the firm said the company's Dimensions 3D system has 'distinct advantages' over General Electric's (GE).
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd Major IPO Participants Benzinga - 1 hour 42 minutes ago
The long-awaited Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (NYSE: BABA ) IPO debuted Friday on the New York Stock Exchange. Shares of Alibaba opened the trading session at $92.70 and quickly spiked to a high print of ...
- How Will Curtis-Wright (CW) Stock Be Affected Today By This Analyst Coverage Initiation? @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 51 minutes ago
Curtiss-Wright (CW) was initiated with a 'market perform' rating at Wells Fargo.
- Can Paychex Inc. (PAYX) Surprise this Earnings Season? Zacks - 2 hours 1 minute ago
Payroll and human resource solutions provider, Paychex Inc. (PAYX) is set to report first-quarter fiscal 2015 results on Sep 24.
- How Will Blackstone (BX) Stock Be Affected Today By Russia Pullout? @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 6 minutes ago
The largest manager of alternative assets is 'giving up on Russia,' highlighting how even well-connected western investors are backing away from doing business in the country.
- Will Accenture Plc. (ACN) Miss Q4 Earnings Estimates? Zacks - 2 hours 11 minutes ago
Accenture Plc. (ACN) is set to report fourth-quarter fiscal 2014 results on Sep 24.
- Total to sell more assets, cuts oil output target Reuters - 2 hours 26 minutes ago
French oil company Total (TOTF.PA) is to sell more assets and cut costs to generate more cash and is to revamp exploration plans after reducing its oil production target. "We have more than 15 major projects to fuel the future growth ... Two thirds of those projects are operated by us so that gives us confidence we will …
- Sigma-Aldrich, Dresser-Rand gain after takeovers @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 27 minutes ago
Two companies climb on Merger Monday news. Yahoo falls, and Alibaba remains in the spotlight.
- [$$] AutoZone Profit Inches Up @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 39 minutes ago
AutoZone said its fiscal fourth-quarter profit inched up while margins expanded, although sales declined because of fewer sales days during the period.
- AutoZone shares slip as sales fall shy of estimates @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 56 minutes ago
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Shares of AutoZone slipped 0.3% in premarket trade Monday, after the auto parts retailer beat fiscal fourth-quarter profit estimates but came up a bit shy on sales. For the quarter ...
- Is a Surprise Coming for Micron Technology (MU) This Earnings Season? Zacks - 3 hours ago
Micron Technology could beat earnings estimates this season backed by favorable earnings estimate revision activity
- Merck of Germany to Acquire Sigma-Aldrich for $17 Billion @ The New York Times - 3 hours ago
The deal is expected to increase Merck KGaA ’s presence in North America and give it added exposure to markets in Asia. It represents a 37 percent premium to Sigma-Aldrich’s closing price on Friday.
- Total to Cut Costs, Sell Assets After Lowering Output Forecast @ Bloomberg - 5 hours ago
Total SA (FP) , Europe’s second-biggest oil company, plans to cut costs and sell more assets after lowering forecasts for production growth. Total’s production may reach 2.3 million barrels of oil equivalent a day in 2015, short of the 2.6 million-barrel previous target, according to a statement. “We are more confident” …
- Apple's Stock Price Matches Its High From 2 Years Ago. What's Next? @ Forbes - 7 hours ago
While there are similarities between Apple's current stock price high and two years ago there are some key differences.
- Tesco Says Profit Guidance Was Overstated by 250 Million Pounds @ Bloomberg - 7 hours ago
Tesco Plc (TSCO) said its guidance for first-half profit was overstated by 250 million pounds ($408 million), adding to the woes of the grocer that has this year ousted its chief executive officer amid falling earnings. The company will investigate the matter, which was principally a result of accelerated recognition of …
- Nike Inc, Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. - Earnings Expectations For The Week Of September 22 Benzinga - 19 hours ago
The new earnings season is still a couple of weeks away, but a handful of notable quarterly reports are scheduled for this week. Analysts are looking for earnings growth in results from Carnival Corporation ...
- Is Alibaba carpet ride over for Yahoo? @ USA TODAY - Sat, Sep 20, 2014 11:37 AM EDT
Most of Yahoo's value is derived from 22.4% stake in Alibaba. What happens now that BABA has gone public?
- [$$] Alibaba Debut Makes a Splash @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Sep 20, 2014 4:56 AM EDT
Alibaba shares surged 38% to $93.89 in their market debut, making the Chinese e-commerce giant one of the most valuable companies in the U.S.
- [$$] Sizing Up Microsoft's Payout @ Barrons.com - Sat, Sep 20, 2014 3:49 AM EDT
Big tech companies sit on mountains of cash, and investors continue to clamor for a bigger chunk of it. The world's No. 1 software manufacturer, Microsoft had $86 billion in cash at last count. Founded ...
- Alibaba IPO: Stock surges 38% in market debut @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 9:13 PM EDT
Alibaba Holding Group's initial public offering was a monster success, roaring out of the gate Friday at a 38% premium to its offer price, sucking $21.8 billion into the Chinese online powerhouse's coffers....
- Actavis Enters New Markets To Boost Profits, Sales @ Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 6:08 PM EDT
Generic-drugmaker Actavis (ACT) has moved its headquarters to Ireland and is trying to develop its own branded drugs to cut costs and boost revenue. The company, formerly known as Watson Pharmaceuticals, ...
- Smooth debut for Alibaba after biggest U.S. IPO ever @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:59 PM EDT
Alibaba Group came out with a monster roar Friday as its shares began trading at $92.70, up more than 36% from its IPO price of $68. The rest of the day was relatively stable for the new stock, analysts ...
- Lindsay's Capital Allocation Initiative Shows Potential Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:55 PM EDT
Lindsay (LNN) continues to grow with capital allocation plan, sustained growth in infrastructure business and development of new Road Zipper system.
- athenahealth Up to Buy on High EHR Adoption Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:50 PM EDT
For fiscal 2014, athenahealth, Inc. (ATHN) saw two estimates move north over the last 60 days causing the Zacks Consensus Estimate to move up 8.0% to its current level of 27 cents.
- Bristol-Myers' (BMY) Yervoy Label Expanded in Canada Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:40 PM EDT
Bristol-Myers' (BMY) Yervoy gained Canadian approval for treating adults newly diagnosed with advanced melanoma.
- Why Yahoo! (YHOO) Stock Is Down Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:40 PM EDT
Shares of Yahoo! (YHOO) fell in afternoon trading Friday after Alibaba (BABA) began trading after its much-anticipated IPO.
- Caterpillar says machinery sales fell in August Associated Press - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:38 PM EDT
Caterpillar said Friday that sales of its heavy machinery fell 10 percent in August on weaker results outside of North America. The Peoria, Illinois, company said in a regulatory filing that dealer sales ...