- DSW: Earnings Preview @ Motley Fool - Mon, Nov 25, 2013 6:32 AM EST
Will the footwear retailer beat analyst estimates for the third quarter?
- Why You Should Consider International Utilities @ Motley Fool - Sun, Nov 24, 2013 9:32 AM EST
Utilities operating outside the U.S. can provide your portfolio geographic diversification, as well as heightened growth potential. Here's why these 3 utilities deserve a closer look.
- 3 Dividend Aristocrats Yielding More Than 3% @ Motley Fool - Sun, Nov 24, 2013 8:34 AM EST
Mc Donald´s, Clorox and Sysco are three rock solid companies with amazing track records of dividend increases and paying yields above 3%.
- Holmen AB Has Good Potential But Main Business Lines Suffering @ Seeking Alpha - Sat, Nov 23, 2013 5:09 PM EST
Holmen AB ( OTC:HLMNF ) is a Swedish manufacturer of wood-based products including printing paper, paperboard, and sawn timber. The company also provides forest management and caretaking services to property ...
- Lowe's Got Smashed! Was It Justified? @ Motley Fool - Sat, Nov 23, 2013 8:36 AM EST
A look at why Lowe's got smashed and how it stacks up against Home Depot after both companies reported earnings this week.
- 3 Dividend Growth Companies With Powerful Brands @ Motley Fool - Sat, Nov 23, 2013 8:32 AM EST
Procter & Gamble, Nike and Starbucks offer strong dividend growth prospects sustained by powerful brands.
- Johnson Controls Boosts Payout @ Barrons.com - Sat, Nov 23, 2013 12:01 AM EST
Citing its strong balance sheet and confidence in its future, Johnson Controls, with annual sales of nearly $43 billion, enriched both its quarterly common dividend and stock-buyback program last Wednesday. Silverblatt says that "adjusting for price and taking the bite out of Apple, the third quarter is up 16.2% over the …
- ACE to Enhance Shareholder Value Zacks - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 5:45 PM EST
The board of directors of ACE Limited will propose a 24% increase in quarterly dividend at the extraordinary general meeting scheduled on Jan 10, 2014 and approved a $2B share buyback program.
- Buffalo Wild Wing Upped to Outperform Zacks - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 4:46 PM EST
We upgraded our recommendation on Buffalo Wild Wings from Neutral to Outperform on consistently strong quarterly results.
- SFX Entertainment Unveils Earnings Minus Electric Zoo Drug Fiasco @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 4:18 PM EST
SFX Entertainment is adjusting for many things in its first quarter of earnings.
- Haynes International Management Discusses Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 12:20 PM EST
Mark M. Comerford Thank you, Dave. Good morning, everyone, and thanks for joining us today. Hopefully you've all seen the press release and had a chance to review it. We'll follow our standard agenda in ...
- ANN INC. Management Discusses Q3 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 11:50 AM EST
Katherine Lawther Krill Good morning, everyone. Thank you for joining us to review ANN INC.'s results for the third quarter of 2013.
- Ann Taylor 3Q Earnings Beat Estimates, Analyst Says Buy @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 9:54 AM EST
Shares of Ann Inc., the parent company to Ann Taylor and LOFT brands, were rising after the women's specialty retailer beat earnings estimates by 3 cents a share and posted better-than-expected sales.
- Ross Stores Posts In Line Earnings Zacks - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 9:50 AM EST
Ross Stores Inc. came up with third-quarter fiscal 2013 earnings of 80 cents per share, surging 11.1% from 72 cents earned in the year-ago quarter.
- Kirkland's Beats on Q3 Revs & Earnings; Ups View Zacks - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 9:30 AM EST
Kirkland's Inc.'s third-quarter 2013 earnings of 6 cents per share were much better than a net loss of 2 cents per share suffered a year ago.
- Ann's Sales, Profit Rise @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 9:17 AM EST
Ann's fiscal third-quarter earnings edged 1.1% higher as the women's apparel retailer posted stronger revenue, despite weaker margins.
- Gap's Q3 Earnings Beat by a Penny Zacks - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 8:10 AM EST
Gap's earnings of 72 cents per share for the third quarter of fiscal 2013 soared 14.3% from 63 cents earned in the comparable prior-year quarter.
- Earnings Beat at Wesco Aircraft Zacks - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 8:00 AM EST
Wesco Aircraft Holdings, Inc. reported fourth quarter fiscal 2013 adjusted earnings of 33 cents per share, up 13.8% from the year-ago figure of 29 cents. Earnings also surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate ...
- Whole Foods Ratchets Down Forward Expectations @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 6:03 AM EST
Natural and organic foods grocer Whole Foods ( WFM ) reported lower-than-expected fiscal fourth-quarter results. Total sales advanced 2% from the 13-week period last year and 10.8% on a comparative 12-week ...
- [$$] GameStop Offers Disappointing Outlook @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 1:09 AM EST
GameStop posted better-than-expected third-quarter results, but the videogame retailer projected disappointing earnings for the holiday season, despite the arrival of new gaming consoles.
- [$$] Sears Posts Wider Loss on Weak Same-Store Sales @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 12:54 AM EST
Sears Holding reported a wider loss in its fiscal third quarter as revenue slumped because of store closures and lower sales at its Sears and Kmart domestic stores.
- Post Holdings Management Discusses Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 7:20 PM EST
Terence E. Block Good afternoon, and thank you for joining us today on our earnings call. We'll review the status of our business for the fourth quarter and for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2013....
- Sears Holdings Investor's Business Daily - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 6:54 PM EST
All Business Briefs
- Best Buy's Earnings Continue To Improve On Turnaround Strategy @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 6:46 PM EST
Electronics retailing giant Best Buy (NYSE: BBY ) posted revenue of $9.36 billion in Q3 fiscal 2014, which was flat as compared to the prior year. (Fiscal years end with January.) While domestic revenue ...
- Kirkland's Management Discusses Q3 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 6:28 PM EST
W. Michael Madden Thank you, Tripp, and good morning, everybody. Our third quarter results featured a return to positive comparable store sales and another strong year-over-year increase in our merchandise ...
- Without Online Sales, Gap Stores’ Earnings Would Be Invisible 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 4:26 PM EST
Gap Stores Inc. (NYSE: GPS) reported third quarter 2013 results after markets closed Thursday. For the quarter, the clothing retailer posted diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.72 on revenues of $3.98 ...
- [video] GAP announces Q3 earnings beat @ CNBC - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 4:22 PM EST
CNBC's Courtney Reagan reports Gap beat Q3 earnings expectations, making this their seventh consecutive quarter of same store sales growth.
- Nike announces 14% increase in quarterly dividend theflyonthewall.com - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 4:18 PM EST
NIKE announced that its board of directors has declared a quarterly cash dividend of 24c per share on the company’s outstanding Class A and Class B Common Stock. The 24c quarterly dividend, which is payable ...
- MREITs On The Dividend Run @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 4:17 PM EST
I present information on MREITs and MLPs and receive comments and questions about the high risk based on these investments. By no means do I encourage you to only invest in these, as you should have a ...
- Nike Dividend Receives 14% Bump @ Fox Business - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 3:45 PM EST
The iconic apparel and footwear maker is returning more cash to shareholders by raising its dividend 14%.
- Is This Premium Retailer Worth Your Money? @ Motley Fool - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 3:44 PM EST
Ralph Lauren's expansionary moves and marketing efforts should lead it to a great future.
- Online Sales Lift Gaps 3Q Profit @ Fox Business - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 3:23 PM EST
Gap saw its third-quarter profit climb 9.4% amid strong online sales and growth at the retailers namesake stores.
- Sears' loss widens; sales soften at Kmart, Sears @ USA TODAY - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 3:19 PM EST
Retailer posts loss of $534 million as revenue drops 7%.
- What Will Drive Emerson Electric Forward? @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 1:58 PM EST
On November 5, Emerson Electric ( EMR ) declared a modest 1% year-over-year increase in sales to $24.7 billion amidst bumpy global economic conditions in its 2013 fiscal yearly results. Its process management ...
- Dollar Tree Misses On Cautious Consumers, Cuts Views @ Investor's Business Daily - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 1:51 PM EST
Dollar Tree Misses On Cautious Consumers, Cuts Views
- Reports of Retail's Death Are Greatly Exaggerated @ TheStreet.com - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 1:42 PM EST
Investors should expect a continuing healthy stock performance for the retail industry leaders.
- SGOCO Group's Management Discusses Q3 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 11:53 AM EST
Johnson Lau - Chief Financial Officer Thank you, Serena and hi everyone. First off, I would like to say that we are very pleased with our performance over this quarter. The third quarter from July to September ...
- Home Depot vs. Lowe's: Who Had the Better Quarter? @ Motley Fool - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 11:38 AM EST
Home Depot and Lowe's just reported third quarter earnings. Let's find out which had the better quarter and which is the better investment going forward.
- 3 Keys to Urban Outfitters' Earnings Surprise @ Motley Fool - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 11:15 AM EST
What drove Urban Outfitters to a stronger quarter? And will it continue to perform amid rising competition from Gap and L Brands?
- Noah Education Holdings' CEO Discusses F1Q 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 10:58 AM EST
Dong Xu Thank you for joining us today in our first quarter fiscal 2014 earnings conference call. I hope you all had a chance to read our earnings press release.
- Dilliard's to Boost Shareholder Value Zacks - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 10:10 AM EST
In an effort to boost shareholders' value, Dillard's Inc. announced a cash dividend of 6 cents per share on its Class A and B shares and an additional share buyback program.
- Forbes Earnings Preview: Hillenbrand @ Forbes - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 9:59 AM EST
Hillenbrand reports its fourth quarter earnings on Monday, November 25, 2013. Analysts are expecting earnings of $1.90 per share for the fiscal year. Revenue is expected to be $463 million for the quarter, 83% higher than the year-earlier total of $253.5 million. For the year, revenue is projected to roll in [...]
- Dollar Tree Plunges on Earnings Miss, Lowered Guidance @ TheStreet.com - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 9:58 AM EST
Dollar Tree shares are plunging hard in morning trading after the discount store misses Wall Street estimates by 2 cents and lowered guidance for the year.
- Stocks to Watch: Target, Green Mountain, Johnson Controls @ The Wall Street Journal - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 9:19 AM EST
Among the companies with shares expected to actively trade in Thursday's session are Target Corp., Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc. and Johnson Controls Inc.
- Green Mountain Beats on Q4 & FY13 Earnings Zacks - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 8:50 AM EST
Specialty coffee retailer, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc. delivered robust fourth-quarter 2013 adjusted earnings of 89 cents per share beating the year-ago quarter earnings by 56%.
- Abercrombie & Fitch posts mixed 3rd-qtr results Associated Press - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 8:41 AM EST
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. moved to a loss in its third quarter, dragged down in part by charges related to closing its Gilly Hicks stores. Its adjusted profit topped analysts' estimates, but the retailer's ...
- Abercrombie (ANF) Isn't Pulling In the Cool Crowd @ TheStreet.com - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 8:37 AM EST
Abercrombie & Fitch is fighting to get back consumers after its seventh consecutive quarter of falling sales.
- [$$] Abercrombie Reports Loss, Weak Sales @ The Wall Street Journal - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 8:36 AM EST
Abercrombie & Fitch swung to a fiscal third-quarter loss as the teen-apparel retailer reported a sharp drop in same-store sales.
- Weak sales, more promotions hurt Sears Reuters - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 8:27 AM EST
Sears Holdings Corp reported a wider quarterly net loss on Thursday after sales fell at both its namesake department stores and its Kmart discount chain and it invested in more promotions targeting rewards members. Sales have been falling since 2005, when hedge fund manager Edward Lampert merged the two U.S. chains in …
- Caterpillar Slips as Sales Drop Again Zacks - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 8:10 AM EST
Caterpillar shares slipped 1.2% to close at $82.68 on Nov 20 as it announced a 12% decline in October sales.