- Alibaba Group Said to Raise $21.8 Billion in Record U.S. IPO Bloomberg - 8 minutes ago
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. (BABA), the e-commerce company started in 1999 with $60,000 cobbled together by Jack Ma, today cemented its status as a symbol of China's economic emergence by raising $21.8 billion in a U.S. The sale -- which values Alibaba at $167.6 billion -- is already the largest by any company in the U.S. …
- Why your Alibaba bet may be better placed on Yahoo @ MarketWatch - 58 minutes ago
An interesting alternative to jumping into Alibaba stock can be found in Yahoo and Softbank . As they’re already trading in the stock markets and own a substantial portion of Alibaba (22% for Yahoo and ...
- [$$] Texas Instruments Boosts Dividend 13% @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
Texas Instruments said Thursday it will boost its quarterly dividend by 13% following improved margins and earnings growth in the semiconductor maker's recent quarters.
- Oracle CEO Ellison Steps Aside; Earnings, Revenues Wander Away Too 24/7 Wall St. - 1 hour 45 minutes ago
Before Oracle Corp. (NYSE: ORCL) reported first fiscal quarter earnings Thursday afternoon, the company announced that CEO Larry Ellison has been named the company’s executive chairman and chief technical ...
- Oracle misses Street 1Q forecasts Associated Press - 1 hour 51 minutes ago
Oracle Corp. (ORCL) on Thursday reported profit of $2.18 billion in its fiscal first quarter. On a per-share basis, the Redwood City, California-based company said it had net income of 48 cents. Earnings, ...
- McDonald's (MCD) Declares 85c Quarterly Dividend @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 53 minutes ago
McDonald's (MCD) raises its quarterly dividend 5% to 85 cents a share from 81 cents a share.
- [video]Why Oracle (ORCL) Stock Is Down in After-Hours Trading @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 12 minutes ago
Oracle (ORCL) is falling in after-market trading on Thursday after announcing that Larry Ellison will step down as CEO, and missing analysts' estimates in the fiscal first quarter.
- Red Hat Revenue Mix May Be Raising Questions @ 24/7 Wall St. - 2 hours 13 minutes ago
Red Hat Inc. (NYSE: RHT) reported second quarter 2015 results after markets closed Thursday night. The Linux software distributor reported adjusted diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.41 on revenues ...
- Oracle reports earnings of $2.2 billion @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 21 minutes ago
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Oracle Corp. on Thursday reported a fiscal first-quarter profit of $2.2 billion, or 48 cents a share, on $8.6 billion in revenue, compared with earnings of $2.2 billion, ...
- Oracle CEO Larry Ellison Steps Down, Company Posts Fiscal 1Q Miss @ Fox Business - 2 hours 33 minutes ago
Developing: Oracle's CEO Larry Ellison will step down. Safra Catz and Mark Hurd will assume the role as co-CEOs. Oracle posted fiscal 1Q earnings per share of 62 cents on revenues of $8.6 billion, missing ...
- Why E TRADE Financial (ETFC) Stock Is Up Today @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
E TRADE Financial (ETFC) stock is higher after analysts at Raymond James reiterated its 'outperform' rating on the stock.
- Why Kroger (KR) Stock Is Rising Today @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
Kroger (KR) shares are up after the grocer raised its quarterly dividend by 12% on Thursday.
- Why Green Dot (GDOT) Stock Is Climbing Today @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
Green Dot (GDOT) stock is rising after the company announced its plan to acquire Santa Barbara Tax Products Group for approximately $320 million in cash and stock.
- Why MSCI (MSCI) Stock Is Gaining Today @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
MSCI (MSCI) shares are rising after the company declared an 18 cent per share quarterly dividend, the first dividend payout in its history.
- Why SanDisk (SNDK) Stock Is Gaining Today @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
SanDisk (SNDK) shares are rising following a positive report from analysts at Morgan Stanley (MS) on Thursday.
- Should Kraft Foods (KRFT) Be in Your Portfolio Now? Zacks - 5 hours ago
On Sep 17, we issued an updated research report on Kraft Foods Group, Inc. (KRFT).
- Continental Shares Fall On Higher Bakken Costs, Boardroom Shuffle @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
Well costs are higher, but should pay for themselves in more oil and gas output.
- Alibaba by the Numbers @ Fox Business - 5 hours ago
Alibaba is set to release 320 million shares priced between $66 and $68, which would make it the largest U.S. IPO ever.
- Midday movers: ConAgra, Kroger, Rite Aid & more CNBC - 5 hours ago
- Covidien Announces Double-Digit Dividend Rise for 6th Year Zacks - 5 hours ago
Covidien plc (COV) last increased its dividend by 23.1% to 32 cents from 26 cents per share in October last year.
- Tata Motors' August Global Sales Reach 73,524 Units Zacks - 6 hours ago
Tata Motors Limited's (TTM) global sales, inclusive of Jaguar Land Rover, totaled 73,524 vehicles in Aug 2014.
- Will Drugmaker Akorn Have A Healthy Bounce Up? @ Investor's Business Daily - 6 hours ago
Today let's check out Akorn (AKRX), a pharmaceutical company based in Illionois. The firm develops specialty drugs for use in ophthalmology, hospitals and as injectables. Last month the drugmaker reported ...
- Sony Stock Crumbles, Ends Half Century Dividend Payment Streak Zacks - 6 hours ago
Sony (SNE) stock is trending lower thanks to weak guidance and news that it is not going to be paying a dividend this quarter.
- How Will Agilent Technologies (A) Stock Be Affected By Its CEO Transition? @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Agilent Technologies (A) announced that Mike McMullen will take over as CEO from William Sullivan next March.
- V.F. Corp.'s Timberland Outlines Revenue Targets for 2019 Zacks - 6 hours ago
V.F. Corporation's (VFC) wholly owned subsidiary, Timberland, outlined its revenue targets for 2019 at an investor meeting held yesterday at its headquarter in Stratham, NH.
- Story Stocks from Briefing.com Briefing.com - 6 hours ago
Story Stocks from Briefing.com
- Lands' End Attains a New High on Splendid Q2 Earnings Zacks - 7 hours ago
Shares of Lands' End, Inc. (LE) achieved a new high of $45.86 yesterday before closing trade at $45.71.
- FedEx Hits 52-Week High on Robust Q1, Estimate Revisions Zacks - 7 hours ago
Shares of FedEx Corporation (FDX) jumped more than 3% yesterday, touching a 52-week high of $161.65 after the company reported robust financial numbers for the first quarter of fiscal 2015.
- One Reason Target (TGT) Stock Is Up Today @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Target (TGT) shares are climbing after announcing that it will be hiring 70,000 seasonal workers during the holidays this year.
- 4 Global Mega-Trends Driving Growth - Prologis Inc Presentation Benzinga - 8 hours ago
On September 11, industrial REIT Prologis Inc (NYSE: PLD ) presented at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Global Real Estate conference in New York. Prologis is the world's largest pure-play industrial/logistics ...
- Apple App Sales Jump; Google Play Boosts Carriers @ Investor's Business Daily - 8 hours ago
Apple's (AAPL) mobile app store revenue will jump 32% to $15.1 billion in 2014 while Google Play sales soar 66% to $8.5 billion, forecasts Citigroup in its "App Economy" report. Google (GOOGL) ...
- Home Loan Servicing Up to Strong Buy on Top Line Growth Zacks - 8 hours ago
On Sep 18, Zacks Investment Research upgraded Home Loan Servicing (HLSS) to a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy).
- Stock Market News for September 18, 2014 Zacks - 8 hours ago
Benchmarks eked out small gains on Wednesday following Fed's decision to continue with low rates for a considerable time
- Company News for September 18, 2014 Zacks - 8 hours ago
Companies in the News are: GIS,APOG,NUE,ADBE
- Why United Natural Foods (UNFI) Stock Is Gaining Today @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
United Natural Foods (UNFI) stock is up after the company reported an increase in earnings and revenue for the 2014 fourth quarter and full year.
- Park Electrochemical (PKE) Downgraded From Buy to Hold @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Park Electrochemical (PKE) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from Buy to Hold with a ratings score of C.
- What to Expect From Oracle Earnings @ 24/7 Wall St. - 9 hours ago
Before Oracle earnings came out in the previous quarter, shares reached a 52-week high but quickly receded after reported earnings missed the mark.
- Cincinnati Bell (CBB) Upgraded From Sell to Hold @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Cincinnati Bell (CBB) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from Sell to Hold with a ratings score of C-.
- ConAgra Q1 Earnings Beat Estimates, Outlook Reiterated Zacks - 9 hours ago
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (CAG) reported earnings from continuing operations, adjusted for items impacting comparability, of 39 cents per share for first quarter of fiscal 2015 (ended Aug 24, 2014). The result ...
- WIll This Price Target Increase Help FedEx (FCX) Stock Today? @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Credit Suisse (CS) raises its price target for FedEx (FDX) to $165, reiterating its 'neutral' rating.
- JetBlue’s operational performance in August 2014 Market Realist - 9 hours ago
In August, JetBlue's revenue passenger mile (or RPM) increased to 3,719 million from 3,484 million—a 6.7% increase. Revenue passenger increased by 6.9%. The number of departures increased to 27,420 in ...
- Will This Price Target Increase Help Lennar (LEN) Stock Today? @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Credit Suisse raises its price target for Lennar (LEN) to $43.
- Why Conagra Foods (CAG) Stock Is Higher Today @ TheStreet.com - 10 hours ago
Shares of Conagra (CAG) are up in pre-market trade after the company said its fiscal first-quarter earnings more than tripled, as lower costs and expenses helped offset nearly flat revenue.
- [video] Oracle and Rite Aid Set to Report Earnings, Cramer on Kinder @ TheStreet.com - 11 hours ago
After opting to keep up the tobacco sales, unlike its big competitor in CVS, Rite Aid is looking to keep its streak of meeting and beating estimates alive.
- [$$] Rite Aid Profit Surges @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
Rite Aid said its fiscal second-quarter earnings more than tripled, beating expectations as pharmacy sales help drive revenue higher.
- PulteGroup draws huge bullish bet optionMONSTER - 11 hours ago
A big trader is making a huge bet that shares of PulteGroup will pop by the end of next week. More than 13,000 Weekly 19 calls expiring on Sept. 26 were purchased for the ask price of $0.51 in about 1 ...
- Bear of the Day: SkyWest (SKYW) Zacks - 17 hours ago
This regional airline operator is hitting a lot of turbulence.
- Beyond the Alibaba IPO: 3 Chinese Stocks to Buy Now Zacks - 23 hours ago
Look beyond the Alibaba IPO to these buy ranked China stocks.
- [$$] Pier 1 Imports Cuts Guidance @ The Wall Street Journal - Wed, Sep 17, 2014 6:36 PM EDT
Pier 1 Imports said its second-quarter earnings fell 48%, as margin declines and soft store traffic hurt results. The home-products retailer also lowered its full-year earnings guidance.
- [$$] Agilent CEO Bill Sullivan to Retire in 2015 @ The Wall Street Journal - Wed, Sep 17, 2014 6:03 PM EDT
Agilent Technologies said Chief Executive Bill Sullivan will step down in March, and the company provided an update for its spinoff of Keysight Technologies.