- Reliance Industries up on KG-D6 discovery hopes Reuters - 17 minutes ago
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Reliance Industries Ltd (NSI:RELIANCE) rise 1.8 percent, adding to Friday's 5.7 percent gain, after KG-D6 block partner BP Plc (LSE:BP.) highlighted recent discoveries in ...
- Intel And Mattel May Increase Dividends And Offer Upside Surprises @ Seeking Alpha - 19 minutes ago
"Never overpay for a stock. More money is lost than in any other way by projecting above-average growth and paying an extra multiple for it." - Charles Neuhauser (formerly of Bear Stearns).
- Sequenom 2013 Operating Results Review @ Seeking Alpha - 9 hours ago
Sequenom ( SQNM) Points to Significant Expansion in Noninvasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) Market Sequenom released results for the quarter and year ended December 31st, 2013 on February 27th, 2014. The results ...
- The Coca-Cola Company and the Path of Least Resistance @ Motley Fool - 9 hours ago
The Coca-Cola Company is caught in a flat sales trend. However, its top growth priority is to continue to heavily promote Coke and other carbonated soft drinks. Is it time to rethink this strategy?
- Barrons Calls Out These High Yield Plays @ Seeking Alpha - 10 hours ago
Barrrons did a piece on high yield sectors for income investors frustrated with the less than 3% levels available from 10 year treasuries in this weekend's magazine.
- Are China's Top Companies Better Than Ours? @ Motley Fool - 14 hours ago
While ExxonMobil and Chevron are disappointing investors on production, PetroChina is outperforming. Here's why.
- After Strong Sales Results, Is Walgreen a Strong Buy? @ Motley Fool - 17 hours ago
On Mar. 5, Walgreen reported financial results that were strong but not strong enough to capture the praise of investors. Is the company a buy, or should investors stay away?
- Has China Stopped Rescuing the Global Economy? 24/7 Wall St. - 17 hours ago
When Chinese officials reported late Friday that the country’s exports had fallen 18.1% in February, the news came on top of another event that was perhaps even more nerve-rattling. The country had experienced ...
- Can a Strong Fourth-Quarter Report Send Ulta Back to Its Highs? @ Motley Fool - 18 hours ago
Ulta is about to report fourth-quarter results, so let's see if we should be buying right now.
- Stratasys Ltd.: What Investors Need to Know About Its Q4 Earnings and Forward Guidance @ Motley Fool - 20 hours ago
Here are key details beyond just the headliner numbers about 3-D printing company Stratasys' results.
- Is Diana Containerships' 15% Yield Too Much Good To Be True? @ Seeking Alpha - 21 hours ago
The containership industry offers a few high-dividend yield plays, like Costamare ( CMRE ) which I've covered recently. Another interesting opportunity may be present on Diana Containerships ( DCIX ), ...
- Home Depot Through A Magnifying Glass @ Seeking Alpha - 21 hours ago
The Home Depot Inc. ( HD ) has outperformed the S&P 500 in 5 of the last 6 full years from 2008 to 2013, and 4 of the last 4 years. The main reasons for the great performance were the company's strengthening ...
- The Buckle Continues Its Pattern Of Flat Growth @ Seeking Alpha - Sun, Mar 9, 2014 12:32 AM EST
February 2014 Sales The Buckle, Inc. ( BKE ) released its 2014 sales figures on March 6th, 2014 and the numbers showed continued slow growth. The net sales in February for comparable stores opened at least ...
- Dairy Farm International Holdings Ltd Continues to Invest for the Long Term @ Motley Fool - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 10:13 PM EST
The company currently has more than 5,800 outlets, including those from its associates and joint venture partnership, and it is active in 12 countries and territories. Dairy Farm had just announced its full-year results recently and in the earnings release, it revealed that it had just restructured its business segments …
- Telecom Italia's CEO Discusses Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 9:06 PM EST
Marco Patuano Thank you Alex. Good morning to you all. Last November Telecom Italia carried out a full fledge the reorganization of its industrial and financial strategy. The aim was to sustain our future ...
- This Undervalued, Oversold High-Dividend Stock Now Has 4 High-Yield Dividends To Offer @ Seeking Alpha - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 7:59 PM EST
Shopping for steady high-yield income? Seaspan, ( SSW ), not only has oversold common shares with a 5%-plus dividend yield, it also recently introduced a new, E-series preferred dividend, (SSW-E), which ...
- GM Says the New Silverado Is Doing Better Than You Think @ Motley Fool - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 7:33 PM EST
Sales were down again in February -- but that's not the whole story, says GM.
- 3 Consumer Companies Thriving in Spite of the Cold Weather @ Motley Fool - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 4:31 PM EST
Foot Locker, Boston Beer, and L Brands aren't making any excuses and delivering sound performance in spite of the harsh weather. This speaks wonders about these companies and their management teams.
- Royalties Trouble Ahead for Qualcomm? @ Motley Fool - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 4:01 PM EST
As smartphones become more ubiquitous around the world, their average selling prices, or ASPs, are likely to fall.This will mean lower royalties for Qualcomm for every smartphone sold, since it collects ...
- A Big Quarter for Big Lots? Take a Closer Look @ Motley Fool - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 1:01 PM EST
Shares of Big Lots surged following the release of fourth quarter earnings; however, the news was not all good.
- AMD Could Still Double in 2014, At Intel’s Expense @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 11:22 AM EST
Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (NYSE: AMD) had an unusual end-of-week gain. It was a move that would have been missed by many investors. Still, this all fits in with the ongoing theme of a turnaround. 24/7 ...
- Will Recent Apple Moves Be the Engine for Success? @ Motley Fool - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 11:02 AM EST
New CFO, retail head, and an overseas hiring binge could be the start of a new growth phase.
- Can Krispy Creme Cook Up An Earnings Beat? @ Motley Fool - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 10:02 AM EST
Krispy Kreme is set to report fourth-quarter results for fiscal 2013, so let's take a look and see if we should buy shares before the release.
- Wells Fargo: A Good Dividend Pick? @ Seeking Alpha - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 9:09 AM EST
Wells Fargo ( WFC ) is one of the largest banks in the U.S. with a market cap of $245 billion. The bank suffered from severe economic downturn and faced critical situation during the financial meltdown ...
- Money Woes, Frantic Schedules, Crazy Weather -- Nothing Can Stop this Dollar Store Chain @ Motley Fool - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 9:01 AM EST
Despite a shortened holiday season, cold temperatures, a bad economy, and storms, shoppers flocked to Dollar Tree stores. Is there more good news in store at the other dollar store chains?
- Costco Misses Earnings: Time to Sell or Buying Opportunity? @ Motley Fool - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 8:01 AM EST
Is the recent earnings miss from Costco a buying opportunity or a reason to sell?
- [$$] General Dynamics Raises Payout @ Barrons.com - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 3:35 AM EST
Dividends are again gaining altitude at General Dynamics. General Dynamics has paid dividends without interruption since 1979. On Tuesday, the shares (GD) took off to a new 52-week high of $113.57 on the New York Stock Exchange. In February, Jefferies raised its price target on General Dynamics to $125 a share;
- [$$] Research Reports @ Barrons.com - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 3:24 AM EST
Many may be obtained through Thomson Reuters at thomson.com/financial or 800-638-8241. Dillard's • DDS-NYSE Neutral • Price $91.27 on March 4 by Credit Suisse We are downgrading the apparel and furnishings retailer to Neutral from Outperform.
- [$$] Bank Payouts Are Pointing Up @ Barrons.com - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 3:03 AM EST
Many banks are expected to increase their quarterly dividend payments soon, edging decisively away from the dark days of the 2007-08 meltdown. During the credit crisis, troubled banks were forced to cut dividend payments in return for taxpayer money to stanch self-inflicted wounds. If the banks pass pending Federal Reserve …
- Markets End Mixed on "Jobs Friday" @ Motley Fool - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 9:01 PM EST
Nike gets a boost as one of its retailers posts better than expected earnings.
- [$$] Verizon to Buy Back Up to 100 Million Shares @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:50 PM EST
Verizon Communications Inc. on Friday said its board has authorized the company to repurchase up to 100 million shares as the period for its previous buyback program wrapped up.
- Buckle February Comps Decline Zacks - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:30 PM EST
Buckle witnessed a 1.4% fall in comparable-store sales (comps) for the 4 weeks ended Mar 1, 2014.
- This Fund Closed in a Positive Terrain as Boeing Continued Its Uptrend GuruFocus.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:30 PM EST
Over the past days hedge funds have been filing their form 13-F, which is a quarterly report of equity holdings by filed institutional investment managers with at least $100 million in equity assets under ...
- Why Palo Alto Networks (PANW) Spiked on Friday @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:29 PM EST
Palo Alto Networks (PANW) soared on Friday afternoon on a mistrial ruling in its infringement suit with Juniper Networks (JNPR).
- Why Salesforce.com (CRM) Was Down Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:25 PM EST
In a filing Tuesday the company said that it could not distinguish between revenue from subscriptions from new customers and upgrades from existing ones.
- BNY Mellon's Revenue Growth on Track Zacks - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:15 PM EST
On Mar 5, 2014, we issued an updated research report on The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation.
- Why iPhone market share loss is the main reason for Apple’s drop Market Realist - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:13 PM EST
The stock dropped about 9% in a single trading session after the company released its latest earnings report for fiscal Q1 2014 quarter on January 27, 2014.
- 3D Systems Is Most Certainly A Good Buy In 2014 @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:11 PM EST
With the economic revolution three-dimensional printing technology presents to the world, investors are asking the more tangible question about major industry player, 3D Systems ( DDD ). Is their stock ...
- Superior Industries International Management Discusses Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:10 PM EST
Stephen J. Borick Good morning, everybody, or afternoon. So as all of you can see we had good results for the year and we're moving forward in 2014 with some very exciting information and news that I'm ...
- Fund Managers Mason Hawkins, Chase Coleman Add to Positions GuruFocus.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:58 PM EST
Chase Coleman (Trades, Portfolio) of Tiger Global Management and Mason Hawkins (Trades, Portfolio) of Southeastern Asset Management both found two stocks within their portfolios worth growing this week....
- [$$] Bed Bath & Beyond Cuts Fourth-Quarter Guidance @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:57 PM EST
The home-furnishings retailer said individual stores closed for a full day 464 times in the quarter because of severe weather, contributing to the lower earnings estimate.
- Bed Bath & Beyond says weather hampers 4Q profit Associated Press - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:56 PM EST
Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. said Friday that cold weather put the chill on its fourth-quarter profit. The Union, N.J., company, which operates Bed Bath & Beyond, Cost Plus World Market and other stores, is ...
- Bed Bath & Beyond Warns Q4 Earnings Hit by 'Adverse Weather' TheStreet.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:54 PM EST
Bed Bath & Beyond is the latest retail chain to warn that Wall Street's expectations of $1.65 a share on $3.26 billion of revenue for the most recent quarter are too high.
- Verizon (VZ) Declares 53c Quarterly Dividend @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:51 PM EST
Verizon (VZ) declares a quarterly dividend of 53 cents a share, payable on May 1 to all shareholders of record as of April 10.
- Bed, Bath & Beyond cuts forecast @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:50 PM EST
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Bed, Bath & Beyond Inc. on Friday cut its fiscal fourth-quarter outlook after snowstorms led to 464 times a store was closed for a full day and 1,923 times a store was closed ...
- Blue Light Specials In The Market: Financials @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:42 PM EST
This week's circular brings a list of Blue Light Specials in the Financials Aisle of the stock market. Consumer DiscretionaryConsumer StaplesEnergy Financials Health CareIndustrialsInformation TechnologyMaterialsTelecomUtilities...
- Why Twitter Is Falling Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:28 PM EST
Twitter released its annual report on Thursday and the market responded negatively to it today. Twitter closed down 2.4% at $53.53.
- Why Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold (FCX) Is Down Today (Update) @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:24 PM EST
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (FCX) dips on Friday after the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the largest copper producer in Africa, announced to miners that it would start an electricity-rationing program ...
- Pall Corp. Hits 52-Week High Zacks - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:20 PM EST
Shares of Pall Corp. reached a 52-week high of $87.24 on Thursday, Mar 6, 2014.
- Foot Locker's CEO Discusses Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:19 PM EST
Lauren B. Peters We sure do, John. Thank you, and let me thank all of you who have joined us this morning to cover the details of a Foot Locker’s 2013 results and to hear about our current view of 2014....