- Sears widens loss in Q2 Investor's Business Daily - 1 hour 51 minutes ago
The department-store chain lost $3 per share, ex items, compared with a $1.70 loss a year ago. On a GAAP basis, the company lost $5.39 a share. Analysts expected a loss of $2.63. Revenue fell 9.7% to $8 ...
- 58.com falls on light outlook Investor's Business Daily - 1 hour 51 minutes ago
Shares fell 7.6% after the Chinese Craigslist-like service provided a lighter-than-expected Q3 revenue outlook late Wed. Sales rose 84% to $64.6 mil, topping views for $62.7 mil. 58.com said EPS was 13 ...
- [$$] Aeropostale Forecasts Another Quarterly Loss @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 33 minutes ago
Aéropostale forecast a wider-than-expected loss for the current quarter—which includes the crucial back-to-school season—as the struggling teen-apparel retailer continues to try to stem declining sales...
- Kohl's Rebounds, Clears Buy Point Despite Weak Sales @ Investor's Business Daily - 2 hours 44 minutes ago
Discount retailer Kohl's is in buying range after showing surprising strength following a mixed earnings report. Kohl's (KSS) stock is still in the 5% buy zone from Wednesday's breakout past a 58.30 buy ...
- Salesforce Shares Trending Higher After Releasing Q2 earnings Benzinga - 2 hours 59 minutes ago
Salesfore (NYSE: CRM ) shares up 0.24 percent after beating bottom line estimates by $0.01 per share, reporting EPS of $0.13. Second quarter revenue is $1.32 billion, beating the Street consensus of $1.29 ...
- Marvell Q2 EPS Beats Street; Q3 Outlook Disappoints Benzinga - 3 hours ago
Marvell Technology Group (NASDAQ: MRVL ) shares trended down after hours when the company said third-quarter results won't meet Street views. Marvell forecast third-quarter adjusted earnings of of $0.27 ...
- After-hours buzz: Gamestop, Gap, Aeropostale & more @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Check out which companies are making headlines after the bell Thursday: Gamestop, Gap, Aeropostale & more.
- Salesforce.com Q2 Earnings Tout 'The Quarter Of 30% Growth' But Wall Street Yawns @ Forbes - 3 hours ago
Investors seem to want more from Salesforce.com and CEO Marc Benioff than 38% revenue growth and metrics across the board that grew at 30% or more. Despite slightly raising guidance on for its full-year revenue expectations and narrowly clearing Wall Street consensus for its fiscal Q2, the market's reaction has [...]
- How Will Home Depot (HD) Stock React To Naming of New CEO? @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
Shares of Home Depot (HD) are slightly lower in after-hours trading after the home improvement retailer announced that Craig Menear has been named CEO and president, effective November 1.
- Marvel Tech Falls 1%; Disappointing Forecast Overshadows Better-Than-Expecetd Q2 Results @ Barrons.com - 3 hours ago
Marvell Technology Group (MRVL) fell 1% to $13.45 after better-than-expected second-quarter earnings and rising revenue unveiled after Thursday's closing bell were overshadowed by disappointing financial ...
- GameStop second-quarter sales beat expectations; shares rise Reuters - 3 hours ago
GameStop Corp on Thursday reported its quarterly revenue surged by 25 percent over the prior year, topping expectations, buoyed by the success of new game releases as well as solid sales of gaming hardware from Microsoft and Sony Corp. Strong demand for Microsoft's Xbox One and Sony's Playstation 4 helped new hardware …
- Broadcom Shares Unresponsive To Q2 Earnings Benzinga - 3 hours ago
Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM ) shares are flat after the company reported mixed second quarter results. Revenue missed Wall Street’s expectations by 0.5 percent at $2.04 billion versus $2.05 billion. Sales are ...
- GameStop Beats Earnings Estimates; Shares Up 7% Benzinga - 3 hours ago
Shares of GameStop (NYSE: GME ) took off in Thursday's after-hours session, as the video game retailer reported Q2 2014 earnings. The earnings release consisted of EPS at $0.22, compared to analyst expectation ...
- Intuit Keeps Growing Sales, Offers Guidance Out To 2017 24/7 Wall St. - 3 hours ago
Intuit Inc. (NASDAQ: INTU) has reported earnings. The tax software giant’s earnings came in at -$0.14 in earnings per share and $714 million in revenue. Thomson Reuters had estimates of $0.07 earnings ...
- [$$] Marvell Technology Profit Surges @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
Marvell Technology Group said its second-quarter earnings more than doubled as the chip maker recorded a jump in revenue.
- GameStop Hardware Sales Doubled on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 24/7 Wall St. - 3 hours ago
GameStop Corp. (NYSE: GME) reported second quarter 2014 results after markets closed on Thursday. The video game retailer posted diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.22 on $1.73 billion in revenues. ...
- Gap shares rise on earnings beat; GameStop’s surge @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
Gap Inc. shares trade slightly higher in the extended session Thursday after earnings top expectations, while GameStop Corp. shares surge on that company’s earnings beat and Aéropostale Inc. shares drop ...
- H-P, eBay pace slate of tech gains @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
Tech giant rises on earnings reaction; eBay gains as talk of PayPal spinoff emerges
- Why Intuit (INTU) Stock Is Fallling in After-Hours Trading Today @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
Intuit (INTU) is falling after-hours Thursday after missing analysts' estimates for earnings in the fiscal fourth quarter and guiding below expectations for the fiscal first quarter.
- Salesforce.com (CRM) Stock Falls in After-Hours Trading Despite Earnings Beat @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
Salesforce.com (CRM) fell in after-hours trading Thursday despite the company's second-quarter earnings that beat analysts' expectations.
- Fidelity National a Strong Sell on Sluggish Title Insurance Zacks - 4 hours ago
On Aug 21, 2014, Zacks Investment Research downgraded Fidelity National Financial Inc. (FNF) by a notch to a Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell).
- [$$] Sears Eyes Balance Sheet Help @ The Wall Street Journal - 4 hours ago
Sears Holdings Corp. burned through more cash as its losses mounted in the second quarter, prompting the once venerable retailer to say it is weighing additional steps to shore up its balance sheet.
- [video] Earnings after the bell @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
CNBC's Bertha Coombs looks at today's big market movers and previews earnings due out after the closing bell.
- Sears fatigue: Is CEO Lampert wearing out investors? @ MarketWatch - 5 hours ago
Sears posted another quarterly loss Thursday, its ninth in a row. Everyone is disappointed, including Sears Holding's Chairman and CEO Edward Lampert. Unfortunately, the message hasn't changed much for ...
- [$$] Corporate Watch: News Digest @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
Plan moves forward to close some Staples locations, Volvo is optimistic about sales-volume rise, and more.
- Fortegra Financial a Strong Buy on Upward Estimate Revision Zacks - 5 hours ago
On Aug 21, 2014, Zacks Investment Research upgraded Fortegra Financial Corporation (FRF) to a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy).
- Why Stage Stores (SSI) Stock Continues To Slump Today @ TheStreet.com - 5 hours ago
Shares of Stage Stores (SSI) are down on very heavy trading volume after the company's second quarter results fell below analysts' expectations.
- Retail ETF In Play As Handfuls Of Retailers Report Earnings Benzinga - 5 hours ago
The SPDR S&P Retail ETF (NYSE: XRT ) saw unusually large volume on Wednesday ahead of a handful of retailers reporting earnings on Thursday. Investors bought 51,842 put options on the ETF, representing ...
- Why Bank of America (BAC) Stock Continues To Surge Today @ TheStreet.com - 5 hours ago
Bank of America (BAC) stock began to climb after it announced a settlement with the DOJ regarding an investigation into the quality of mortgage backed securities.
- Will GameStop (GME) Crush Earnings Estimates? Zacks - 5 hours ago
GameStop is slated to report earnings after the bell. Can the company beat estimates?
- Hewlett-Packard Up 6%; Analyst Notes Key Recent Cash Flow Gains Benzinga - 5 hours ago
Hewlett-Packard (NYSE: HPQ ) shares gained nearly six percent Thursday afternoon following its fiscal third-quarter revenue beat and in line outlook. The computer maker posted fiscal third-quarter revenue ...
- BP Appoints New CEO for US Business Post Spinoff Proposal Zacks - 5 hours ago
BP plc (BP) announced the appointment of David Lawler as the chief executive officer of its U.S. business.
- Will SunEdison (SUNE) Stock Be Affected By DuPont (DD) Patent Infringement Lawsuit? @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
DuPont (DD) alleged that the solar technology company is infringing on its patented tellurium paste technology.
- BP, Shell, ENI and Total Are Big Oil Europe With Big Dividends @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Big beta, big volatility and big dividend oil stocks are appealing no matter where they call home.
- Intuit Shares Fall Slightly Ahead of FY4Q Earnigs @ Barrons.com - 6 hours ago
Shares of Intuit (INTU) inched slightly lower during afternoon market action as the do-it-yourself financial software maker sat poised to unveil its fiscal fourth-quarter financial results today after the closing bell, shutting the door on its 2014 fiscal year. At $85.20, the stock fell 0.8% The Street sees Intuit earning …
- Altria Group (MO) Declares Increased Quarterly Dividend @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Altria Group (MO) declared a quarterly dividend of 52 cents a share on Thursday, an 8.3% increase from its previous dividend of 48 cents a share.
- Sears: The Downward Spiral @ Barrons.com - 6 hours ago
When Nine Inch Nails released the Downward Spiral, I'm pretty sure it didn't have Sears Holdings (SHLD) in mind. Still, it might be an appropriate soundtrack after Sears released shockingly bad financial results this morning. Sales at Sears fell to $8.01 billion, below analyst forecasts for $8.13 billion and the 30th …
- Apple's iPhone: Can China's 4G Growth Offset Lower Subsidies? @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
The growth of China's 4G infrastructure could offset the negative subsidy impact.
- King Digital (KING) Down to Strong Sell on Weak FY14 Outlook Zacks - 6 hours ago
On Aug 20, 2014, Zacks Investment Research downgraded King Digital Entertainment plc (KING) to a Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell).
- Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer Sells $1.3 Million in YHOO Shares Zacks - 6 hours ago
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer has sold over a million dollars worth of YHOO stock, is this something to be worried about?
- US retail: not sure what is in store @ Financial Times - 7 hours ago
The post-results conference call has a patented script for troubled retailers. Blame an external factor (weather!) for weak growth, then propose a generic plan (promotions!) to drive more traffic to stores. ...
- Vote of confidence for Blackstone optionMONSTER - 7 hours ago
Blackstone has pulled back since reporting earnings last month, but one large trader is betting that shares will hold firm through next spring. optionMONSTER's tracking systems detected the sale of 8,650 ...
- Why Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Is Up Today @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
The company is defying a broader restaurant slowdown, and it's nearing a $700 stock price for the first time on signs that third quarter sales are growing faster than expected.
- Altria Dividend Hike Brings Telecom Yield Ambitions @ 24/7 Wall St. - 7 hours ago
Altria is at it again with a dividend hike. The news looks great ... on the surface.
- U.S. airlines doubled profit margins in first half, trade group says @ Fox Business - 7 hours ago
U.S. airlines more than doubled their net profit margin in the first half of the year as revenue rose nearly three times faster than costs, trade group Airlines for America said on Thursday.
- Tetra Tech Down to Strong Sell on Downward Estimate Revision Zacks - 7 hours ago
Zacks Investment Research downgraded Tetra Tech Inc. (TTEK) to a Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell) on Aug 21.
- [$$] Altria Raises Dividend @ The Wall Street Journal - 7 hours ago
Altria Group's board voted to boost the company's quarterly dividend by 8.3%.
- Hewlett-Packard Conference Call Highlights Benzinga - 7 hours ago
Hewlett-Packard (NYSE: HPQ ) reported its third quarter earnings on Thursday. Shares of the company are up five percent. Below are some key highlights from its conference call: • Revenue for the company ...
- Why eBay (EBAY) Stock Is Up Today @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
eBay (EBAY) rose Thursday after a report that the online auction site could spin off PayPal.
- Fortune Brands to Sell Windows Business to Ply Gem for $130M Zacks - 8 hours ago
Fortune Brands Home & Security Inc. (FBHS) has agreed to sell Simonton Windows to Ply Gem Holdings Inc. for about $130 million.