- Caterpillar Loses Traction Again @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 minutes ago
Caterpillar gave a disappointing outlook for 2015, citing plummeting commodity prices, as the heavy-machinery maker also reported earnings for the fourth quarter that missed expectations.
- Story Stocks from Briefing.com Briefing.com - 6 minutes ago
Story Stocks from Briefing.com
- 4 UBS Quality Growth at a Reasonable Price Tech Stocks to Buy @ 24/7 Wall St. - 6 minutes ago
It should be noted the UBS Q-GARP portfolio has outperformed the S&P 500 in 2014 and year-to-date on a total return basis.
- Corning Q4 Beats on Sales of Bigger TVs, 'Gorilla Glass' for Phones, Fiber Optics @ Barrons.com - 10 minutes ago
The revenue figure is a non-GAAP number, called “core” sales, which excludes changes in Japanese and Korean currencies, the company said.
- Nucor tops 4Q profit forecasts Associated Press - 10 minutes ago
On a per-share basis, the Charlotte, North Carolina-based company said it had net income of 65 cents. The results exceeded Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment ...
- CEO Kaeser faces music on Siemens strategy, Dresser-Rand Reuters - 13 minutes ago
- American Air Passes On Fuel Savings To Shareholders @ Investor's Business Daily - 15 minutes ago
American Airlines (AAL) reported fourth-quarter earnings that flew slightly above estimates Tuesday and announced new shareholder payouts as fuel prices fell. The carrier's Q4 EPS soared 157.6% to $1.52, ...
- Stronger Dollar Weakens Procter & Gamble; Buy Shares on Pullback @ TheStreet.com - 17 minutes ago
One quarter or even one year won't make or break Procter & Gamble.
- Caterpillar Forecasts 9% Sales Decline In 2015 @ Forbes - 18 minutes ago
The machinery company reported sinking sales, profits and an outlook suggesting the worst is yet to come.
- American Airlines Lifted by Lower Fuel Prices @ The Wall Street Journal - 24 minutes ago
American Airlines Group said Tuesday that lower fuel prices led to better-than-expected fourth-quarter earnings, but noted that results were hurt by costs related to repatriating funds in Venezuela.
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Stock Slumping Today on Earnings Miss @ TheStreet.com - 24 minutes ago
Procter & Gamble (PG) stock is down this morning after the company reported lower than expected second quarter earnings due to a stronger dollar.
- Leumi to write off 250 mln shekels in 2014 for Israel Corp Reuters - 25 minutes ago
Bank Leumi estimated on Tuesday that a $400 million deduction to be taken by conglomerate Israel Corp in its 2014 financial results would lower the bank's annual net profit by about 250 million shekels ($63 million). Leumi, Israel's second-largest bank, owns 18 percent of Israel Corp. The Israeli conglomerate said …
- Caterpillar (CAT) Stock Slumps in Pre-Market Trading Today After Earnings Miss @ TheStreet.com - 31 minutes ago
Shares of Caterpillar (CAT) are down on Tuesday after the company reported lower quarterly net profit that missed expectations.
- Commodities rout slows Caterpillar Reuters - 32 minutes ago
- Can P&G Ever Hedge Its Currency Woes? @ 24/7 Wall St. - 35 minutes ago
Before the markets opened Tuesday morning, Procter & Gamble reported its fiscal second-quarter financial results.
- Miner Freeport-McMoRan posts loss on $3.1 bln charges Reuters - 37 minutes ago
Freeport-McMoRan Inc reported a huge fourth-quarter loss on impairment charges on Tuesday and said it is taking actions to reduce or defer capital expenditures and other costs amid a slump in commodity prices, sending its shares sliding. The company, which has been hit by a double whammy as both oil and copper prices …
- Next for Apple: How much will iPhone demand drop? @ CNBC - 41 minutes ago
Investors are optimistic that Apple will report great earnings Tuesday, but what happens to iPhone demand in the next quarter.
- 5 Surprisingly Cheap Tech Stocks: AAPL, GOOGL, PCLN, CIEN, MU @ Kiplinger - 41 minutes ago
Business prospects for these five companies look good, and their shares are attractively priced.
- Dow futures off nearly 300 points after data miss CNBC - 45 minutes ago
- Peabody Energy Cuts Dividend, Forecasts Wide Loss @ The Wall Street Journal - 45 minutes ago
Peabody Energy Corp. slashed its quarterly dividend and the coal producer projected a much wider-than-expected loss for the current quarter.
- Updates, advisories and surprises @ MarketWatch - 50 minutes ago
A roundup of the latest corporate earnings reports and what companies are saying about future quarters.
- Procter & Gamble Profit, Sales Slammed By Currency Devaluations @ Forbes - 52 minutes ago
Procter & Gamble had a rough second quarter, the company reported Tuesday morning. Due to currency devaluations around the globe, the maker of Tide, Bounty and Charmin saw its top and bottom line earnings results decline compared to the year-ago quarter and fail to meet Wall Street's expectations. As a result of the lower-than-expected …
- InPlay from Briefing.com Briefing.com - 54 minutes ago
InPlay from Briefing.com
- Commerce tops 4Q profit forecasts Associated Press - 56 minutes ago
The bank, based in Kansas City, Missouri, said it had earnings of 69 cents per share. The results topped Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research ...
- 3D Systems (DDD) Stock Receives Ratings Downgrade Today at Jefferies @ TheStreet.com - 57 minutes ago
3D Systems (DDD) was downgraded to 'hold' from 'buy' at Jefferies.
- AK Steel profit falls 62 pct as costs rise Reuters - 57 minutes ago
AK Steel Holding Corp reported a 62 percent fall in quarterly profit as operating costs increased and it sold steel at lower prices. Net profit attributable to AK Steel for the fourth quarter ended Dec. ...
- American Airlines tops 4th-qtr profit estimates, declares dividend Reuters - 58 minutes ago
American Airlines Group Inc on Tuesday reported a fourth-quarter profit that topped estimates and announced a new share buyback program and quarterly dividend, as the carrier saved hundreds of millions of dollars from tumbling oil prices. Excluding $507 million in special costs largely from merger and bankruptcy-related …
- Stock Futures Tumble as Earnings From Blue Chips Disappoint @ TheStreet.com - 59 minutes ago
Stock futures are modestly lower on Tuesday as earnings reports from blue-chips disappoint.
- How to Calculate Total Return for Dividend Stocks (With 3 Examples) @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 0 minutes ago
The concept of total return is not well understood by many investors. This is unfortunate, as it may be the most important number in making investment decisions.
- Texas Instruments Results Didn’t Impress; Wait for 10% Pullback @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 0 minutes ago
The company failed to deliver and project any confidence that would make the stock a compelling buy at already an expensive level.
- AK Steel tops Street 4Q forecasts Associated Press - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
On a per-share basis, the West Chester, Ohio-based company said it had profit of 7 cents. Earnings, adjusted for costs related to mergers and acquisitions and non-recurring costs, were 14 cents per share. ...
- Caterpillar CEO: Lower oil hits earnings, outlook CNBC - 1 hour 4 minutes ago
- Capital City Bank posts 4Q profit Associated Press - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
The bank, based in Tallahassee, Florida, said it had earnings of 11 cents per share. The results missed Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research ...
- P&G warns of drop in full-year net sales as dollar strengthens Reuters - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
P&G, which derives roughly two-thirds of revenue outside the United States, was expecting net sales to at least remain flat. Procter & Gamble Co said the exchange rates would reduce full-year sales by 5 percent and profit by 12 percent. Net sales fell 4.4 percent to $20.2 billion (13.33 billion pounds) from a year earlier …
- Peabody Earnings Surprise — Dividend Slashed @ 24/7 Wall St. - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
Peabody Energy reported disappointing fourth-quarter and full-year 2014 results before markets opened Tuesday morning.
- AK Steel beats Street 4Q forecasts Associated Press - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
The West Chester, Ohio-based company said it had net income of 7 cents per share. Earnings, adjusted for costs related to mergers and acquisitions and non-recurring costs, were 14 cents per share. The ...
- Lockheed Sales Rise On F-35, But Earnings View Weak @ Investor's Business Daily - 1 hour 9 minutes ago
Lockheed Martin's (LMT) fourth-quarter revenue topped expectations on higher F-35 demand, but earnings fell short and the defense contractor issued weak 2015 guidance. Earnings per share rose 38% to $2.82 ...
- Lockheed Martin Outlook Below Expectations @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
Lockheed Martin Corp. offered a downbeat profit outlook for the year while the defense contractor posted growth in profit and revenue.
- Pfizer Sales Suffer From Patent Losses, Stronger Dollar @ Forbes - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
Pfizer reported a decline in fourth-quarter sales Tuesday, pointing to headwinds of a stronger dollar and competition from generic drugs as more patents expire, issues it says aren't likely to abate this year. Revenue fell 3% to $13.1 billion, but beat Wall Street consensus estimates of $12.9 billion. Profit was $1.2 billion, …
- Constant Contact (CTCT) Stock Gets Ratings Upgrade Today at Credit Suisse @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 13 minutes ago
Constant Contact (CTCT) was upgraded to 'outperform' from 'neutral' at Credit Suisse today.
- Illinois Tool Works Sales Hit by Currency Pressures @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 14 minutes ago
Illinois Tool Works Inc. said foreign currency pressures weighed on its sales in the most recent quarter, although its profit increased as costs declined.
- Pfizer net down on lower sales, higher research, legal costs Associated Press - 1 hour 16 minutes ago
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Upgrades Constant Contact On Positive Growth Outlook Benzinga - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
In a report published Tuesday, Credit Suisse analyst Michael Nemeroff upgraded the rating on Constant Contact Inc (NASDAQ: CTCT ) from Neutral to Outperform, and raised the price target from $34.00 to ...
- Lockheed Martin revenue beats as F-35 fighter jet demand rises Reuters - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
The Pentagon is trying to cut about $1 trillion in projected spending from its budget over a decade as required by a 2011 law. Lockheed, which also makes satellites and coastal warships, announced in October a $1 billion contract from General Dynamics Corp (GD.N) to provide turrets for tanks ordered by Britain's armed …
- Microsoft Drops 9%: Four Downgrades; PC Market Declines, Says Citi; Bernstein Defends @ Barrons.com - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
Shares of Microsoft (MSFT) are down $4.03, or almost 9%, at $42.98, after the company yesterday afternoon narrowly beat fiscal Q2 revenue expectations but forecast the current quarter’s revenue lower than consensus by a whopping $3 billion. Pritchard, who slashes his price target to $38 from $50, writes that the Q2 report …
- Freeport-McMoran reports 4Q loss Associated Press - 1 hour 20 minutes ago
The Phoenix-based company said it had a loss of $2.75 per share. Earnings, adjusted for non-recurring costs, came to 25 cents per share. The results did not meet Wall Street expectations. The average estimate ...
- Synovus tops 4Q profit forecasts Associated Press - 1 hour 20 minutes ago
The Columbus, Georgia-based bank said it had earnings of 37 cents per share. Earnings, adjusted for restructuring costs and non-recurring costs, came to 39 cents per share. The results exceeded Wall Street ...
- Lower oil prices hit Caterpillar, lowers 2015 forecast @ USA TODAY - 1 hour 23 minutes ago
Caterpillar says lower oil prices will hurt its business in 2015
- Peabody reports 4Q loss Associated Press - 1 hour 23 minutes ago
On a per-share basis, the St. Louis-based company said it had a loss of $1.92. Losses, adjusted for asset impairment costs and to account for discontinued operations, came to $1.21 per share. The results ...
- Northeast digs out and an earnings deluge — 5 things to know today @ Fortune - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
Here’s what you need to know to start your day.