- For Soda Makers, Sales of Soft Drinks Continue to Lose Their Fizz @ Motley Fool - 2 hours 58 minutes ago
Soda makers are busy managing their declining sales of soft drinks as consumers continue to associate better health with lower soft-drink consumption.
- PepsiCo Proves Its Business Model Is Perfect Just the Way It Is @ Motley Fool - 4 hours ago
PepsiCo delivered impressive results Thursday for its first quarter, proving that the marriage between its beverage business and snacks business is a happy one.
- Why Dividend Growth Investors Should Avoid Royal Dutch Shell and Total @ Motley Fool - 5 hours ago
Investors turn to big oil companies for steady and consistent earnings and dividend growth. Royal Dutch Shell and Total are oil majors with yields far above the industry average, but those high yields ...
- Anticipate And Prosper - ING Groep Will Be A Dividend Champ Again @ Seeking Alpha - 14 hours ago
In this article, I'll have a closer look at ING Groep ( ING ) and explain why I'll take a position in its common shares as the dividend is expected to be reinstated shortly. I will explain what needs to ...
- [$$] Record Earnings Lift Whirlpool @ Barrons.com - 15 hours ago
With nearly $19 billion of sales in 2013, Whirlpool is the world's No. 1 manufacturer of home appliances. The 103-year-old Michigan company last Monday enhanced its quarterly common dividend by 20% and announced a new stock-repurchase plan worth $500 million. Citing its record 2013 earnings performance and margin expansion, …
- Apple Earnings Preview: Fiscal 2014 Tough; Fiscal 2015 Looking Better @ Seeking Alpha - 17 hours ago
I always think twice about writing an Apple ( AAPL ) earnings preview, since any even slightly-negative article about AAPL's prospects brings out the flame-throwers and those who have absolutely fallen ...
- [$$] After Tech's Selloff, Earnings Lack a Big Impact @ Barrons.com - 17 hours ago
The abbreviated U.S. trading week was appropriately clipped: The four days saw the first earnings reports from tech land for March, and they were anything but memorable. The first earnings reports came from the underdogs of tech: Yahoo! (YHOO) and Intel (INTC) both performed better than expected, though their shares were …
- Eddie Lampert Buys Sears Hometown, Bill Ackman Continues to Sell Beam Inc. Holding GuruFocus.com - 23 hours ago
Eddie Lampert has purchased a total of 173,574 new shares of a stock he already holds, Sears Hometown Outlet Stores Inc.
- Coca-Cola's Results Are Hard to Swallow @ Motley Fool - 23 hours ago
Coca-Cola's first-quarter results showed a striking disparity between the emerging markets and more developed economies, where changing consumer habits are having a distinct impact on growth.
- Citi Bullish On China Unicom After Q1 @ Barrons.com - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 4:04 PM EDT
China Unicom (CHU) reported a modestly upbeat first quarter late Thursday, and Citigroup's Bin Liu and team reiterated a Buy rating on the stock, which they see rising above $19. The company reported earnings ...
- 3 Dow Dividends That Shouldn't Go Overlooked @ Motley Fool - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 3:31 PM EDT
AT&T, Verizon, and Chevron provide high dividend yields and have businesses that will be around for decades.
- Why Yahoo! Shares Could Test Highs Ahead of the Alibaba IPO @ Motley Fool - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 1:02 PM EDT
Yahoo!'s quarterly results show promise, and the growth of Alibaba is better than expected. If the IPO valuation goes up, Yahoo!'s shares will too.
- Why has Google’s capex spending doubled in the past year? Market Realist - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 1:00 PM EDT
According to Google's (GOOG) Q1 2014 results, the company's capital expenditures have increased from $1.20 billion in Q1 2013 to $2.35 billion in Q1 2014—almost a 100% increase.
- Morgan Stanley on Steel Dynamics: Benefit To Earnings Covered By Weather Benzinga - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 12:59 PM EDT
Analyst Evan L. Kurtz at Morgan Stanley on Thursday, April 17, 2014, reiterated coverage on Steel Dynamics (NASDAQ: STLD ). Shares of the company are down $0.93 or 4.92 percent to $17.97 per share. The ...
- Travelzoo's CEO Discusses Q1 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 12:32 PM EDT
Glen Ceremony Thank you, Chris and good morning everyone. For the format of today’s call, I will review our first quarter financial results and then Chris will provide an update on our strategy. Thereafter, ...
- Earnings Roundup: Johnson & Johnson Results Are Better Than They Appear @ Motley Fool - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 12:14 PM EDT
Slow growth from medical device and consumer goods masked robust sales in Johnson & Johnson's drug business.
- Advanced Micro Devices Set To Grow @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 12:07 PM EDT
Advanced micro Devices ( AMD ) has seen a lot of ups and downs over the last few months. However, the overall trend in the stock price has been positive during the period - the stock is up over 50% during ...
- Tech Stocks from Briefing.com Briefing.com - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 11:55 AM EDT
Tech Stocks from Briefing.com
- AMD's Turnaround Is Real @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 10:49 AM EDT
AMD ( AMD ) rewarded investors' patience with an after-hours pop of about 5% following its calendar 2014 Q1 earnings release. AMD posted strong revenue growth of 28% y/y to $1.4 billion, beating analysts' ...
- [$$] Reliance Industries Profit Edges Higher @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 10:34 AM EDT
Reliance Industries said earnings edged higher in its fiscal fourth quarter, as sliding profit in its refining and upstream oil and gas businesses offset better earnings in its petrochemical sector.
- 1 Great Dividend You Can Buy Right Now @ Motley Fool - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 10:21 AM EDT
This "transformative" company has boosted its quarterly payout by 47% since 2007 and could be in line for hefty growth thanks to Obamacare.
- McDonald's Earnings: The End Of An Era? @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 10:07 AM EDT
McDonald's ( MCD ) is one of the world's biggest fast food chains - with over 35,000 locations globally and sales of over $35 billion last year alone. McDonald's has traded relatively stagnantly over the ...
- Fiscal 2014 Has Pier 1 Imports Back on Track @ Motley Fool - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 9:20 AM EDT
Despite a tough fourth quarter, Pier 1 Imports made several improvements to generate future growth and sustainability for itself.
- The Power of Dividend Investing: Procter & Gamble, Apple, and Lowe's @ Motley Fool - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 9:02 AM EDT
These three companies prove that there are some really sound reasons to invest in dividend stocks.
- Prosafe SE: Bullish Momentum To Continue For This 8% Dividend Yielder @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 8:42 AM EDT
Company Overview Prosafe (OTCPK: OTCPK:PRSEY ) and Oslo Stock Exchange "PRS" is among the world's leading owner and operator of semi-submersible accommodation vessels. As of December 2013, Prosafe ...
- Kroger's Strategy Makes It a Rewarding Pick @ Motley Fool - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 8:32 AM EDT
Along with a great quarter, there are a number of reasons to buy the supermarket chain.
- Dividend Growth Investment Or Compounding Machine? Brenntag Could Be Both @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 8:18 AM EDT
(Editor's Note: Investors should be aware of the risks in trading illiquid securities such as BNTGF and BNTGY. Brenntag's listings in Europe under BNR can offer improved liquidity.)
- Advanced Micro Devices' CEO Discusses Q1 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 7:28 AM EDT
Rory Read Thank you, Ruth.
- PepsiCo After Earnings: Buy, Hold, or Sell? @ Motley Fool - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 7:02 AM EDT
PepsiCo is generating solid financial performance, and the stock is fairly valued in comparison to that of competitor Coca-Cola. Is PepsiCo a good purchase for your portfolio?
- 6 Dividend Stocks Raising Their Payouts And Yields @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 4:42 AM EDT
In a down-market when many people are rushing to buy gold, I take comfort that I already have mine. No, not that kind, but something much better. A growing stream of dividend income from solid companies. ...
- Rite Aid Still Offers Upside With Acquisitions And In-Store Plans @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 2:27 AM EDT
A lot has changed since the last time I wrote about Rite Aid ( RAD ). For starters, shares of the retail pharmacy are up 217% since my piece one year ago this week. The surge in Rite Aid's shares has been ...
- Baxter International Inc. - Dividend Fact Sheet @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 1:58 AM EDT
Baxter International Inc. ( BAX ) is a U.S.-based health care company particularly specialized in treatments for various severe medical conditions including hemophilia, immune disorders, infectious diseases, ...
- Why You Should Invest In Kraft Food @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 1:44 AM EDT
The stock of Kraft Foods Group ( KRFT ) has gone up 25.2% since mid-2012 and is currently trading at $55.64 per share while in comparison the S&P 500 went up 27.2% over the same period. Mid-2013 Kraft ...
- [$$] BlackRock Profit Climbs as Investors Pour Money Into Mutual Funds @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 12:33 AM EDT
The world's biggest asset manager posts a first-quarter profit topping analysts' estimates, as revenue increases and assets under management rise.
- [$$] Merger Activity Is Boon to Goldman, Morgan Stanley @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 12:32 AM EDT
Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley rode a wave of corporate deal making, helping bolster revenue in their traditional merger-advice and securities-underwriting businesses.
- [$$] DuPont Earnings Hurt by Adverse Weather @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 12:32 AM EDT
DuPont reported lower-than-expected quarterly earnings as unusually cold weather in North America delayed farmers' decisions to buy seeds and chemicals for this spring's plantings.
- [$$] Chipotle to Raise Prices; Profit Climbs on Better Traffic @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 12:32 AM EDT
Chipotle Mexican Grill said it will raise prices as food costs cut deeper into its profit—though the restaurant chain posted first-quarter income that improved 8.5% amid higher traffic.
- Cepheid's CEO Discusses Q1 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:52 PM EDT
John Bishop Good afternoon everyone, and thank you for joining Cepheid for a review of our 2014 first quarter results.
- Hub Group's CEO Discusses Q1 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:46 PM EDT
Mark Yeager Thanks Dave, and hello, everyone. Like the rest of the sector we found ourselves in a challenging operating environment this quarter. Adverse weather conditions throughout the country made ...
- 5 Dividend-Paying Stocks Insiders Are Buying @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:24 PM EDT
By Jason Seo, CFA Dividend-paying stocks are a good addition to any investor's portfolio. In addition to the obvious income benefits, these equities can lower the volatility of the overall portfolio due ...
- Select Comfort's CEO Discusses Q1 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:19 PM EDT
Shelly Ibach - President and Chief Executive Officer Thanks, Dave. Good afternoon everyone and thank you for joining our first quarter earnings call. First, I would like to welcome our new CFO, David Callen. ...
- The Scariest Graph I Can Show AMD Shorts @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 10:55 PM EDT
Console wins have been a major lifeline for Advanced Micro Devices ( AMD ). Pundits against AMD have argued every angle against consoles, citing both margin concerns and debating the volume of the win....
- Eastgroup Properties' CEO Discusses Q1 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 10:30 PM EDT
David Hoster Thank you. Q1 was another productive one for Eastgroup. Funds from operations of $0.82 per share exceeded the upper end of our guidance range and represented an increase of 7.9% as compared ...
- Associated Banc-Corp's CEO Discusses Q1 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 10:04 PM EDT
Thank you. Welcome to our first quarter earnings conference call. Joining me today are Chris Niles, our Chief Financial Officer and Scott Hickey, our Chief Credit Officer.
- Honeywell International's CEO Discusses Q1 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 9:44 PM EDT
Good day, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to Honeywell's first quarter 2014 earnings conference call. As we will detail later, we are anticipating organic sales growth to accelerate as the year progresses.
- Hancock Holding Management Discusses Q1 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 9:00 PM EDT
Carl J. Chaney Good morning. And thank you for joining us today. Let me start today's call by saying how proud I am of our associates and our management team. We've set some very aggressive goals early ...
- [$$] AMD Rides Videogame Consoles to Growth @ The Wall Street Journal - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 8:49 PM EDT
Advanced Micro Devices Inc.'s first-quarter loss narrowed as the chip maker reported a double-digit jump in sales.
- PPG Industries' CEO Discusses Q1 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 8:49 PM EDT
Chuck Bunch Thank you, Vince. And welcome, everyone. We appreciate your continued interest in PPG Industries.
- Earnings Preview: Qualcomm @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 8:23 PM EDT
Chipmaker Qualcomm ( QCOM ) has started the year strongly with gains of more than 10%. The stock trades close to its 52-week high and there are good chances that its terrific performance will continue ...
- GM to stick with marketing plan despite recall @ USA TODAY - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 8:13 PM EDT
GM says it's too early to say whether the recall is hurting sales of its newest models.