- Weekly CEO Buys Highlight: ENH, JRVR, RM, RYN, CLMS GuruFocus.com - 4 hours ago
According to GuruFocus Insider Data, these are the largest CEO buys during the past week. The overall trend of CEOs is illustrated in the chart below:
- What is the first day of the quarter? @ Investopedia - 5 hours ago
Learn when the first day of the quarter is. Explore why investors and analysts prefer to compare results year-over-year due to seasonality.
- What is the difference between a quarter and a year in finance? @ Investopedia - 5 hours ago
Examine the difference between a fiscal quarter and a fiscal year. Learn why investors examine both quarterly and annual growth rates.
- Five-year lows: National Presto Industries, API Technologies Corp, Bluelinx Holdings Inc, and ... GuruFocus.com - 6 hours ago
According to GuruFocus, these Guru stocks have reached their 5-year lows: National Presto Industries, API Technologies Corp, Bluelinx Holdings Inc, and Walter Energy Inc.
- Chesapeake Energy (CHK) Gains in After-Hours Trading After Completing Asset Sale @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Chesapeake Energy (CHK) is gaining after-hours Monday after completing an asset sale to Southwestern Energy (SWN) and announcing a $1 billion buyback plan.
- Market News: Facebook Inc, Intel Corporation, Radius Health Inc @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
The stock markets in the United States rallied driven by the positive momentum of equities in the technology sector. The S&P 500 is poised to reach a record level after gaining 0.38% to 2,078.57 points ...
- Barrick Gold (ABX) Stock Declined Today Along With Gold Prices @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Barrick Gold (ABX) shares fell as the price of gold fell and its volatility index reached its highest mark since January.
- Maverick Capital reduces position in TransDigm Group Market Realist - 6 hours ago
Maverick Capital lowered its position in TransDigm Group in 3Q14. The position accounts for 4.19% of the fund’s total portfolio in the third quarter.
- Steelcase (SCS) Stock Falls in After-Hours Trading After Revenue Miss @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Steelcase (SCS) is falling after-hours Monday after missing analysts' estimates for revenue in the fiscal third quarter.
- ENSCO (ESV) Stock Closed Down Today as Crude Oil Continued to Slide @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Shares of ENSCO (ESV) closed down as crude oil prices slid Monday after several OPEC members defended their refusal to take drastic action to prop up prices.
- Weekly CEO Sells Highlight: Groupon Inc, Paylocity Holding Corp, Mattress Firm Holding Corp, ... GuruFocus.com - 6 hours ago
According to GuruFocus Insider Data, these are the largest CEO sales during the past week: Groupon Inc, Paylocity Holding Corp, Mattress Firm Holding Corp, and Ventas Inc.
- Rite Aid (RAD) Stock Rises Today Following Earnings Conference Call @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Rite Aid (RAD) shares continue to climb following an earnings call today discussing the company's future prospects.
- Omega Advisors eliminates position in Freeport-McMoRan Market Realist - 6 hours ago
Freeport-McMoRan posted revenue of $5.7 billion, down 7.6%. It said its results “reflect lower oil volumes and price realizations for copper, gold and oil.”
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Stock Declines Today After Rosneft Deal Falls Through @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Morgan Stanley (MS) shares are declining after the company nixed its deal to sell its oil business to Russia's Rosneft due to diplomatic complications.
- Farallon Capital sells stake in Oracle Corp. Market Realist - 7 hours ago
Farallon Capital Management sold its position in Oracle Corp. (ORCL) during the third quarter. The stock accounted for 1.59% of the fund's total 2Q14 portfolio.
- Silver Wheaton (SLW) Stock Declining Today as Silver Prices Fall @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Silver Wheaton (SLW) stock is down today along with the price of silver.
- What is the first day of the first quarter? @ Investopedia - 7 hours ago
The first day of companies' fiscal years varies based on industry cycles. The timing is especially important because annual reports can have unexpected effects.
- Newmont Mining (NEM) Stock Declines Today as Gold Prices Dip @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Shares of Newmont Mining (NEM), one of the world's largest gold producers, dropped in afternoon trading Monday as gold prices declined.
- Here's a Factor Driving AK Steel (AKS) Stock Down Today @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
Shares of AK Steel (AKS) are down as oil prices fall, causing U.S. oil producers to cut capex and rig plans, leading to less demand for steel the sector uses.
- Kinross Gold (KGC) Stock Is Lower Today as Gold Prices Fall @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Kinross Gold (KGC) is falling Monday as gold prices fall due to high volatility.
- Rite Aid (RAD) Earnings Report: Q3 2104 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
The following Rite Aid (RAD) conference call took place on December 19, 2014, 11:30 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Apple (AAPL) Stock Gains Today Following Re-Opening of Russian Online Store @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Apple (AAPL) shares are climbing after the company re-opened its Russian online store today.
- Noble Corp. (NE) Stock Declines Today on Share Repurchase Approval @ TheStreet.com - 10 hours ago
Noble Corp. (NE) shares are falling after the company announced the results of a shareholder vote allowing the company to purchase up 37 million shares over the next 16 months.
- IAMGOLD (IAG) Stock Is Down Today as Gold Prices Fall @ TheStreet.com - 10 hours ago
IAMGOLD (IAG) is falling Monday as gold prices drop due to high volatility.
- Energy XXI (EXXI) Stock Falls Today as Oil Prices Drop @ TheStreet.com - 10 hours ago
Shares of Energy XXI (EXXI) fell in early afternoon trading Monday as oil prices declined.
- Will Oracle (ORCL) Stock be Helped Today by Datalogix Acquisition? @ TheStreet.com - 10 hours ago
Oracle (ORCL) shares are down after the company announced its purchase of data tracking firm Datalogix earlier today.
- Omega Advisors exits position in Qualcomm Market Realist - 10 hours ago
Last month, Qualcomm announced 4Q14 and fiscal 2014 earnings that missed estimates. Its revenue for 4Q14 was $6.69 billion, missing analysts’ expectations by $330 million.
- Facebook (FB) Stock Hits New Lifetime High Today @ TheStreet.com - 11 hours ago
Facebook (FB) hit a new lifetime high of $81.88 Monday.
- U.S. Steel (X) Stock Declining Today After South Korea Files Steel Tariff Complaint With WTO @ TheStreet.com - 11 hours ago
United States Steel (X) shares are declining after South Korean officials filed a complaint with the WTO in an effort to remove U.S. tariffs on the country's steel exports.
- RF Micro, TriQuint: Brean Ups Targets; Apple Momentum and More In Store for Qorvo @ Barrons.com - 11 hours ago
Brean Capital’s Mike Burton today reiterates Buy ratings on wireless chip makers RF Micro Devices (RFMD) and TriQuint (TQNT), and raises price targets on both, writing that “we have become increasingly ...
- Penn West Petroleum (PWE) Stock Down Today as Oil Prices Retreat @ TheStreet.com - 11 hours ago
Penn West Petroleum (PWE) stock is down as oil prices fall today.
- NQ Mobile (NQ) Stock Continues to Decline Today on Weak Earnings @ TheStreet.com - 11 hours ago
Shares of mobile Internet services provider NQ Mobile (NQ) continued fall in morning trading Monday after the company reported weaker than expected third-quarter earnings late last week.
- Southwestern Energy (SWN) Stock Declining Today as Oil Prices Fall @ TheStreet.com - 12 hours ago
Southwestern Energy (SWN) stock is down as oil prices fall today.
- Precision Drilling (PDS) Stock Declines Today as Oil Prices Fall @ TheStreet.com - 12 hours ago
Shares of Canadian drilling rig contractor Precision Drilling (PDS) were down in morning trading on Monday as oil prices declined.
- 3 stocks with almost no redeeming qualities @ MarketWatch - 12 hours ago
These stinkers will almost surely be lower a year from now, writes Jeff Reeves.
- Encana (ECA) Stock Slipping Today as Oil Extends Its Decline @ TheStreet.com - 12 hours ago
Shares of Encana (ECA) are down as crude oil fell, extending a fourth weekly decline on concern OPEC's refusal to cut production will worsen a global glut.
- Will TerraForm Power (TERP) Stock be Helped Today by Quarterly Dividend Hike? @ TheStreet.com - 12 hours ago
TerraForm Power (TERP) shares are fluctuating after the company raised its quarterly dividend by 20% before the opening bell today.
- Why Another Analyst Says to Buy Twitter @ 24/7 Wall St. - 12 hours ago
Twitter recently has seen its shares take a dip, trading near their 52-week lows, but the analyst firm Argus would argue that now is the time to buy the stock.
- Maverick Capital raises stakes in FleetCor Technologies Market Realist - 12 hours ago
Maverick Capital added to its position in FleetCor Technologies (FLT) in 3Q14. The position accounts for 2.01% of the fund’s total portfolio in the third quarter.
- Nabors Industries (NBR) Stock Falls Today as Oil Prices Decline @ TheStreet.com - 12 hours ago
Shares of oil driller Nabors Industries (NBR) fell in morning trading on Monday as oil prices declined.
- Ocwen Financial (OCN) Stock Slumping Today After Reaching DFS Settlement @ TheStreet.com - 12 hours ago
Ocwen Financial (OCN) stock is down after the company announced its settlement agreement with the New York Department of Financial Services.
- American Apparel (APP) Stock Gains Today Following Confirmed Acquisition Talks @ TheStreet.com - 13 hours ago
American Apparel (APP) shares are climbing after the company confirmed reports that they have a potential buyer.
- Sonoco Products Is One Top Dividend Stock Pick for 2015, Says David Peltier @ TheStreet.com - 13 hours ago
Here's why portfolio manager David Peltier picks Sonoco Products as a top dividend stock for 2015.
- How to find ‘winners’ among the worst S&P 500 stocks @ MarketWatch - 13 hours ago
Your research may tell you that some companies have been unfairly punished, writes Phil van Doorn.
- What to Expect When Walgreen (WAG) Reports Earnings Results Tomorrow @ TheStreet.com - 13 hours ago
Walgreen (WAG) is expected to report its fiscal 2015 first quarter earnings results before the market open tomorrow.
- Will Coach (COH) Stock be Hurt Today by This 'Neutral' Coverage Initiation? @ TheStreet.com - 13 hours ago
Coach (COH) shares are flat in pre-market trading after being initiated with 'neutral' coverage by analysts at Mizuho Securities today.
- Will This New Rating Help Twitter (TWTR) Stock Today? @ TheStreet.com - 13 hours ago
Argus initiates coverage of Twitter (TWTR) with a 'buy' rating and a $44 price target.
- Will CarMax (KMX) Stock be Helped Today by This Analyst Action? @ TheStreet.com - 13 hours ago
CarMax's (KMX) price target and full year 2015 and 2016 earnings estimates were raised by analysts at Keybanc.
- Will This Price Target Decrease Hurt Flowserve (FLS) Stock Today? @ TheStreet.com - 13 hours ago
Barclays lowers its price target for Flowserve (FLS) to $70 from $79 with an 'overweight' rating.
- JAMN: Jammin Java reports FY3Q & management outlines growth strategy for next FY Zacks Small Cap Research - 14 hours ago
Jammin Java (JAMN) d/b/a Marley Coffee reported financial results for the third fiscal quarter ending October 30, 2014. The impetus of the awards is bolstering the efforts of Blue Mountain Coffee (Europe) Limited (Marley’s UK partner), in their plans to further expand into OCS and the Food Service industry through the …