- Nike profit up but shares drop on soft orders @ USA TODAY - 1 hour 23 minutes ago
Revenue and profit rise, beat expectations.
- Weak growth in orders puts Nike’s shares on their heels @ Fortune - 2 hours 35 minutes ago
Disappointing growth in orders indicates eroding demand for the shoe and clothing maker's products.
- Kraft Foods CEO to retire; chairman steps into role Reuters - 3 hours ago
Kraft Foods Group Inc on Thursday said Tony Vernon would retire as chief executive officer later this month, with Chairman John Cahill succeeding him as the company battles sluggish demand for packaged ...
- Point72 raises its position in Tyson Foods, Inc. Market Realist - 3 hours ago
Point72 increased its stake in Tyson Foods, Inc. in the third quarter. The position accounts for 2.20% of the total portfolio—up from 0.59% of the fund’s 2Q14 portfolio.
- Nike says strong demand drives 2Q beat Associated Press - 3 hours ago
Nike Inc. says strong consumer demand helped boost its second-quarter revenue and profit. The athletic shoe and clothing company reported late Thursday that it earned $655 million, or 74 cents per share, ...
- Nike Sales Jump 15% @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
Nike said its sales surged 15% for the quarter ended November, exceeding expectations, but shares of the athletic apparel maker slid amid concerns about future growth.
- Jabil Rises on Apple iPhone Quarter; Too Much of a Good Thing? @ Barrons.com - 3 hours ago
Shares of contract electronics assembler Jabil Circuit (JBL) today rose 89 cents, or 4.4%, to close at $20.96, after the company yesterday afternoon beat fiscal Q1 expectations, and offered a better than ...
- Cintas Beats Q2 Expectations, Shares Pop Higher Benzinga - 3 hours ago
Cintas Corporation (NASDAQ: CTAS ) reported financial results Thursday for its second quarter ended November 30, 2014. Revenue came in at $1.12 billion, above estimates of $1.11 billion and below the $1.14 ...
- Rite Aid shares soar on earnings beat @ USA TODAY - 3 hours ago
Drugstore chain credits results to increase in same-store sales
- Seadrill (SDRL) Stock Lower in After-Hours Trading Today on Declining Oil Prices @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
Seadrill (SDRL) stock is down in after-hours trading as oil prices declined following a short-lived rally earlier in the day.
- Nike Shares Skid Despite Top And Bottom-Line Beat @ Forbes - 3 hours ago
Shares of Nike finished Thursday's regular trading session up nearly 3% but have done an about-face in the after-hours trading session as investors move to sell, sell, sell following the company's strong second quarter earnings report. Despite the top and bottom-line beat, shares of the athletic retailer have reversed the …
- Nike Comes Out on Top of Earnings, Sort Of @ 24/7 Wall St. - 4 hours ago
Nike, Inc. (NYSE: NKE) reported its second-quarter earnings Thursday after the market close as $0.74 in earnings per share and $7.4 billion in revenue against Thomson Reuters consensus estimates of $0.70 ...
- Will MetLife (MET) Stock Be Affected by 'Systemically Important' Designation? @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
MetLife (MET) shares are down after the company was designated as 'systemically important' by U.S. regulators.
- Nike Beats Q2 Expectations, But Shares Fall Benzinga - 4 hours ago
Nike Inc (NYSE: NKE ) reported financial results Thursday for its fiscal 2015 second quarter ended November 30, 2014. Revenues increased 15 percent to $7.4 billion, above estimates of $7.15 billion and ...
- American Realty Capital Properties (ARCP) Stock Fell Today Following Former Executive's Lawsuit @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
American Realty Capital Properties (ARCP) shares closed trading down following a lawsuit by a former top executive.
- RCS Capital (RCAP) Stock Closed Lower Today as Chairman Faces ARCP Defamation Suit @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
Shares of RCS Capital (RCAP) closed down after a complaint said Chairman Nicholas Schorsch allegedly directed two executives to manipulate quarterly financial results at American Realty Capital Properties....
- Maverick Capital adds new position in CBS Corp. Market Realist - 4 hours ago
Maverick Capital initiated a new position in CBS Corp. (CBS) in 3Q14. The position accounts for 3.78% of the fund’s total portfolio in the third quarter.
- Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank Weigh In On Rite Aid Benzinga - 4 hours ago
Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE: RAD ) beat Q3 expectations Wednesday and the stock soared 11.88 percent Thursday to $6.78. Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank commented on the stock after the earnings release. ...
- Cintas beats 2Q profit forecasts Associated Press - 4 hours ago
The Cincinnati-based company said it had profit of $1 per share. Earnings, adjusted to account for discontinued operations, came to 86 cents per share. The results topped Wall Street expectations. The ...
- Red Hat Beats Q3 Expectations, Shares Surge Benzinga - 4 hours ago
Red Hat Inc (NYSE: RHT ) announced financial results Thursday for its fiscal year 2015 third quarter ended November 30, 2014. Total revenue for the quarter was $456 million, above estimates of $451.39 ...
- Updates, advisories and surprises @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
A roundup of the latest corporate earnings reports and what companies are saying about future quarters.
- Nike's stock pulls back despite profit, sales beat @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Nike Inc. reported on Thursday fiscal a second-quarter profit that rose to $655 million, or 74 cents a share, from $534 million, or 59 cents a share, in the year-earlier period. ...
- Nike (NKE) Stock Falls in After-Hours Trading Today Despite Earnings Beat @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
Nike (NKE) is falling after-hours Thursday despite reporting a positive fiscal second quarter.
- Morgan Stanley: Joint Venture Has No Quick Impact On Qihoo 360 Technology Benzinga - 4 hours ago
Qihoo 360 Technology Co Ltd (NYSE: QIHU ) will boost its mobile Internet growth but won't see short-term gains from its joint venture with a leading domestic supplier of smartphones in China, according ...
- Nike beats Street 2Q forecasts Associated Press - 4 hours ago
On a per-share basis, the Beaverton, Oregon-based company said it had net income of 74 cents. The results topped Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment ...
- Rite Aid Conference Call Highlights Benzinga - 4 hours ago
Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE: RAD ) recently reported its third quarter earnings on Thursday. Shares of the company are up 11.8 percent. View more earnings on RAD Below are some key highlights from its conference ...
- Penn West Petroleum (PWE) Stock Closes Up Thursday Amid Volatile Oil Prices @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
Shares of Penn West Petroleum (PWE) closed up 3.67% to $2.26 on Thursday as oil prices remained volatile.
- Oracle Conference Call Highlights Benzinga - 4 hours ago
Oracle Corporation (NYSE: ORCL ) recently reported its second quarter earnings. Shares of the company are up 10 percent. View more earnings on ORCL Below are some key highlights from its conference call. ...
- Pier 1 Imports profit falls in line with forecasts @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Pier 1 Imports reported a fiscal third-quarter profit of $17.9 million, or 20 cents a share, down from $26.8 million, or 26 cents a share, in the same period a year ago. That ...
- Salesforce.com (CRM) Stock Rises Today Along With Oracle's Gains @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
Salesforce.com (CRM) shares are gaining following cloud computing rival Oracle's (ORCL) second quarter earnings beat.
- First Energy’s take on full-year earnings Market Realist - 4 hours ago
First Energy Corporation (FE) has revised its earning guidance after the third-quarter results. The company lowered its guidance for regulated operations and raised its guidance for its unregulated business....
- Kraft Foods (KRFT) Stock Jumping Today on New CEO Announcement @ TheStreet.com - 5 hours ago
Kraft Foods (KRFT) stock is up today after the company said CEO Tony Vernon is retiring in late December and the position will be filled by company chairman John Cahill.
- Ford Motor (F) Stock Rises Today as Takata Airbag Recall Expands to 502,500 vehicles @ TheStreet.com - 5 hours ago
Ford Motor (F) shares are gaining today as the company expanded its Mustang recall nationwide.
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Stock Rises Today on Positive Experimental Shingles Vaccine Trial Results @ TheStreet.com - 5 hours ago
Shares of GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) were up in afternoon trading Thursday after the pharmaceutical company announced its experimental shingles vaccine HZ/su met its primary endpoint in a Phase III trial.
- Conagra Foods (CAG) Earnings Report: Q2 2014 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - 5 hours ago
The following Conagra Foods (CAG) conference call took place on December 18, 2014, 09:30 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Continental Resources (CLR) Stock Declining Today as Oil Prices Fall @ TheStreet.com - 5 hours ago
Continental Resources (CLR) stock is down this afternoon on lower oil prices as investors worry about a global supply glut.
- Oracle Up 8% as Ellison Crows about Cloud; Targets Going Up as Estimates Trimmed @ Barrons.com - 5 hours ago
Shares of Oracle (ORCL) are up $3.21, or almost 8%, at $44.37, continuing after-hours gains, and hit a new 52-week high of $44.98 earlier, after the company yesterday afternoon beat fiscal Q2 expectations ...
- One Reason Apple (AAPL) Stock Is Up Today @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Shares of Apple (AAPL) are higher after 9to5mac suggested a job posting advertising a 'new London-based Apple Pay team' signals the expansion of the payment system in the UK, Europe.
- Kinross Gold (KGC) Stock Getting a Boost Today on Rising Gold Prices @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Kinross Gold (KGC) stock is up this afternoon, as gold prices climb after the Fed's statement on interest rates yesterday.
- Air France-KLM Trims Full-Year Earnings Forecast for Third Time @ Bloomberg - 6 hours ago
Air France-KLM Group (AF) revised its earnings outlook for this year for a third time as sales on long-haul routes remain weak and the full cost of a pilot strike that crippled flights for two weeks in ...
- One Reason Linn Co (LNCO) Stock Is Slipping Today @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Linn Co (LNCO) stock is tanking this afternoon on lower oil prices following a short-lived rally.
- Accenture (ACN) Earnings Report: Q1 2014 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
The following Accenture (ACN) conference call took place on December 18, 2014, 08:00 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- VW CEO says will meet 2017 cost-cutting goal - source Reuters - 6 hours ago
DRESDEN, Germany (Reuters) - Volkswagen (VOWG_p.DE) Chief Executive Martin Winterkorn has said Europe's largest carmaker is on course to meet a goal of cutting costs at its core division by 5 billion euros ...
- Rite Aid Surges on Profit Guidance: What Wall Street's Saying @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Rite Aid shares spiked more than 12% after the drugstore chain boosted its guidance for the year. Here's what analysts said.
- Patterson-UTI Energy (PTEN) Stock Rises Today Amid Volatile Oil Prices @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Shares of Patterson-UTI Energy (PTEN) were up in afternoon trading Thursday as oil prices remained volatile.
- How Rite Aid's Growth Prescription Will Send Shares Higher 2015 @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
Investors looking for growth prescription and potential 20% gains in the next 12 months should consider this company.
- Topeka Capital Markets Analyst Says NQ Mobile Earnings Will Show A Drastically Different Company Benzinga - 7 hours ago
When asked about expectations for NQ Mobile Inc (NYSE: NQ ) earnings, Topeka Capital Markets Analyst Frederick Ziegel told Benzinga that the release will show a “significantly” different company today ...
- FedEx Rebounds From Earnings Selloff Benzinga - 7 hours ago
FedEx Corporation (NYSE: FDX ) shares rebounded Thursday, a day after getting driven down by disappointing quarterly earnings. The package shipper changed hands recently at $171.68, up 3 percent, following ...
- Will Barrick Gold (ABX) Stock be Affected Today After Announcing $1 Billion Mine Closure? @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Barrick Gold (ABX) announced today that it will suspend operations at Zambia copper mine following the passage of legislation that raises the royalty rate to 20% from 6%.
- Falling Oil Prices Don't Give Clean-Energy Stocks the All-Clear @ The Wall Street Journal - 7 hours ago
These are dark days for investors in Big Oil. That doesn’t mean clear skies for investors in clean energy.