- DJIA 30 Stocks' Behavior Shows Normality, And That's Good @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
The DJIA stocks show investor selectivity and sensitivity to facts, the key elements of a normal, sound stock market.
- Buffett looks to succession, signals future growth problem Reuters - 8 hours ago
In his 50 years at the helm of Berkshire Hathaway Inc, Warren Buffett has transformed a failing textile company into a sprawling conglomerate that has vastly outperformed most of the rest of corporate America. In the 84-year-old's annual shareholder letter released on Saturday, Buffett said Berkshire has grown so large …
- Warren Buffett's Top 10 Dividend-Paying Stocks for 2015 @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
Here are 10 of the top dividend stock holdings in Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway portfolio.
- Berkshire Profit Falls 17% to $4.16 Billion on Investments Bloomberg - 13 hours ago
Net income fell to $4.16 billion, or $2,529 per share, from $4.99 billion, or $3,035, a year earlier, Omaha, Nebraska-based Berkshire said Saturday in a statement on its website. Operating earnings of $2,412 per share missed the $2,702 estimate of three analysts surveyed by Bloomberg. He took control of Berkshire five …
- Even in Face of Difficulty, Berkshire Impresses @ Morningstar - 16 hours ago
Berkshire's non-insurance operations continue to be an added source of stability while reinsurance operations continue to struggle.
- Berkshire Hathaway's 4Q profit declines 17 percent Associated Press - 17 hours ago
Berkshire Hathaway Inc. said Saturday that its fourth quarter profit slid 17 percent because of declines in the paper value of its investments and derivative contracts. Berkshire's quarterly profit declined ...
- Promising Numbers for the Hedge Fund Industry GuruFocus.com - 18 hours ago
Hedge funds are a broad group of investment vehicles pursuing a wide variety of investment strategies.
- 5 Stocks Warren Buffett Is Selling: Exxon, ConocoPhillips and More @ TheStreet.com - 19 hours ago
Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway trimmed its positions in these stocks in the most recently reported quarter.
- Top 10 Warren Buffett Stock Buys for 2015: IBM, Visa, Deere and More @ TheStreet.com - 20 hours ago
Here's a closer look at 10 stocks that Berkshire Hathaway bought in the most recently reported quarter.
- Berkshire Hathaway net falls, operating profit rises Reuters - 21 hours ago
- Berkshire Hathaway Posts Lower Profits @ The Wall Street Journal - 22 hours ago
Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway posted lower earnings for the fourth quarter amid investment derivative gains of $192 million.
- Palo Alto Networks Q2 Seen Maintaining Momentum @ Investor's Business Daily - 22 hours ago
Palo Alto Networks (PANW) is expected to post double-digit growth in earnings and revenue when it reports fiscal Q2 results after the market close Monday. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expect Palo ...
- Berkshire Profit Declines 17% to $4.16 Billion on Investments @ Bloomberg - 22 hours ago
Net income fell to $4.16 billion, or $2,529 per share, from $4.99 billion, or $3,035, a year earlier, Omaha, Nebraska-based Berkshire said Saturday in a statement on its website. Operating earnings were $2,412 per share, missing the $2,702 estimate of three analysts surveyed by Bloomberg. He took control of Berkshire …
- McDonald's: This dividend aristocrat is in trouble @ USA TODAY - 23 hours ago
For now, McDonald's is still generating enough cash to cover its dividend. For now.
- HIGHLIGHTS-Budget 2015/16 goes for growth, delays cut in fiscal deficit Reuters - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 6:08 AM EST
India's Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Saturday announced a budget aimed at high growth, saying the pace of cutting the fiscal deficit would slow as he seeks to boost investment and ensure that ordinary ...
- India to increase investment in infrastructure in 2015/16 - finmin Reuters - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 1:13 AM EST
India will increase investment in the country's infrastructure by 700 billion rupees in the fiscal year 2015/16, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said on Saturday, when presenting the government's full-year ...
- Melco Crown Entertainment’s 4Q14 revenue decreased Market Realist - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 12:05 AM EST
For the full year ending December 31, 2014, Melco Crown Entertainment reported net revenue of $4.8 billion—down 5.9% YoY.
- Home Depot Boosts Payout 26% @ Barrons.com - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 12:01 AM EST
Tables: Week’s Dividend Payments: NYSE | Nasdaq | AMEX Week’s Ex-Dividend Payments: NYSE | Nasdaq | AMEX The world’s largest home-improvement chain is sprucing up its shares with a heftier dividend and a new buyback plan. Home Depot ratcheted up its quarterly dividend 26% last week, to 59 cents per common share from …
- Charting the Market @ Barrons.com - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 11:49 PM EST
Google AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile USA cut a deal with the search giant to pre-install its online payment application “wallet” on all Android phones sold in the U.S. Weight Watchers International Threatened by calorie-counting apps and gadgets, the weight-loss company swung to a December-quarter loss and forecast 2015 …
- KBR reverses to huge Q4 loss Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 6:53 PM EST
Shares of the engineering and construction company plunged 8.9% to 16.29 after it reported a 59-cent per-share loss ex 1-time items, reversing from a 54-cent profit a year earlier, and far below estimates ...
- Horizon Pharma raises outlook Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 6:53 PM EST
The specialty drugmaker's Q4 EPS was 27 cents, up from a loss a year ago and beating views by 5 cents. Revenue more than tripled to $103.8 mil, above views, on drug acquisitions. Older drug sales also ...
- Volkswagen sales, profit soar Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 6:53 PM EST
Europe's biggest automaker saw record sales and earnings in '14 but sounded a cautious note. Volkswagen's (VLKAY) net profit rose 20% to about $12.2 bil. Revenue grew 2.8% to 202.5 bil euros, ($226.5 bil), ...
- Goodrich sees lower '15 output Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 6:50 PM EST
Independent oil exploration and production company Goodrich Petroleum (GDP) reported a Q4 loss of 47 cents per share, improved from a 57-cent loss in the year-earlier quarter but worse than the 45-cent ...
- Earnings Reports Spark New Highs @ Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 6:31 PM EST
Earnings reports sparked some of Friday's new highs, including a few in the rising consumer sector. Ross Stores (ROST) gapped up after the discount apparel retailer beat expectations with its fourth-quarter ...
- Digital and Mobile Sales Leading the Charge Forward, says HSN CFO @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 6:13 PM EST
Judy Schmeling, CFO and COO of HSN, says digital sales are increasing faster than overall sales and now make up 50% of the company's revenues.
- InPlay from Briefing.com Briefing.com - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 6:11 PM EST
InPlay from Briefing.com
- Strong Earnings Report Indicates US Tech Sector’s Strength Market Realist - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 6:05 PM EST
The US tech sector looks to be fundamentally strong. The strong earnings report provided momentum for the sector. It outperformed the broader market.
- How PepsiCo is benefitting from complementary businesses Market Realist - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 6:05 PM EST
PepsiCo’s snack and beverage businesses are complementary in nature and derive a lot of synergies.
- Correction: Earns-Epam story Associated Press - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 5:44 PM EST
In a Feb. 26 story about the financial results of Epam Systems Inc., The Associated Press reported erroneously, in a report generated by Automated Insights using data from Zacks Investment Research, that ...
- Correction: Earns-Chemtura story Associated Press - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 5:43 PM EST
In a Feb. 26 story about Chemtura Corp.'s financial results, The Associated Press reported, in a report generated by Automated Insights using data from Zacks Investment Research, erroneously that the company's ...
- Correction: Earns-Controladora Vuela story Associated Press - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 5:30 PM EST
In a Feb. 26 story about Controladora Vuela's results, The Associated Press reported erroneously, in a report generated by Automated Insights using data from Zacks Investment Research, that the company's ...
- Southwestern Energy (SWN) Stock Climbs In After-Hours Trading Today on Dividend Declaration @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 4:50 PM EST
Southwestern Energy (SWN) shares are rising after-hours after the company declared a special dividend.
- Mobileye NV (MBLY) Earnings Report: Q4 2014 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 4:33 PM EST
The following Mobileye NV (MBLY) conference call took place on February 26, 2015, 08:00 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Diamond Hill Investment Group posts 4Q profit Associated Press - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 4:31 PM EST
The Columbus, Ohio-based bank said it had earnings of $3.81 per share. The investment company posted revenue of $28.5 million in the period. For the year, the company reported profit of $31.6 million, ...
- U.S. economy slowed in fourth quarter, but growth outlook still favorable Reuters - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 4:25 PM EST
U.S. economic growth braked more sharply than initially thought in the fourth quarter amid a moderate increase in business inventories and a wider trade deficit, but strong domestic demand brightened the outlook. Gross domestic product expanded at a 2.2 percent annual pace, revised down from the 2.6 percent pace estimated …
- AES Stock Closed Higher Today on Strong Earnings Beat @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 4:21 PM EST
AES shares rose in trading today after the company reported its earnings results and announced a $400 million share buyback program.
- Herbalife Shares Plunge Nearly 11% On Grim 2015 Outlook @ Forbes - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 4:07 PM EST
Shares of Herbalife plunged by nearly 11% on Friday as investors digested the company’s dimmer outlook for 2015. The company released its fourth quarter earnings after markets closed on Thursday. Going into the earnings announcement, investors appeared focused on whether the company could meet its own earnings projections. …
- American Realty Capital Properties (ARCP) Stock Up Today, Will Restate Some Financials @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 3:53 PM EST
American Realty Capital Properties (ARCP) stock gaining today after the company announced the release date for its updated financial statements.
- Volkswagen Group profits up 20% for year @ USA TODAY - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 3:48 PM EST
Maker of Volkswagen, AUdi, Skoda, Seat and other brands offers cautious outlook for 2015.
- Ingram Micro (IM) Stock Is Down Today on Earnings Miss, Light Guidance @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 3:45 PM EST
Ingram Micro (IM) is falling Friday after missing analysts' estimates for earnings in the fourth quarter and guiding below estimates for the first quarter.
- Splunk Remains a Risky Bet Despite Its Fast Revenue Growth @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 3:44 PM EST
The software company is still losing money on a GAAP basis.
- Tetra Technologies (TTI) Stock Jumps Today on Earnings Beat @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 3:42 PM EST
Tetra Technologies (TTI) shares are up double digits following the company's better than expected fourth quarter earnings results.
- What to Watch in the Week Ahead and on Monday, Mar. 2 Reuters - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 3:35 PM EST
Investors are starting to become concerned with the rise in the equity market as the Nasdaq knocks on 5,000. Staples is expected to file a registration statement with the SEC soon that may give an update about its talks with the FTC about possible store divestitures required to seal the deal.
- CST Brands misses 4Q revenue consensus, yet 2015 looks promising @ The Business Journals - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 3:25 PM EST
CST Brands Inc., the parent company of Corner Store, may have closed the fourth quarter and full-year 2014 with strong earnings growth, but lower fuel prices dragged down revenues below one investment firm's consensus estimate. Efraim Levy, an equity analyst for S&P Capital IQ, wrote in a research report on Friday that …
- Frontline (FRO) Stock Retreating Today on Earnings Miss @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 3:25 PM EST
Frontline (FRO) stock is falling today after reporting a wider than expected quarterly loss.
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions (MDRX) Stock Falls on Revenue Miss @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 3:11 PM EST
Allscripts Healthcare Solutions (MDRX) is falling Friday after missing analysts' estimates for revenue in the fourth quarter and issuing a mixed guidance.
- Why Churchill Downs Is A Good Bet Ahead Of The Kentucky Derby Benzinga - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 2:47 PM EST
Shares of Churchill Downs, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHDN ) have been off and running so far in 2015, and now they are getting a boost from Wells Fargo's latest note. On February 27, Wells Fargo released a research ...
- Airbus posts 4Q profit Associated Press - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 2:45 PM EST
The aerospace company, based in Amsterdam, posted revenue of 18.62 billion euros ($22.64 billion) in the period. For the year, the company reported profit of 2.16 billion euros. Revenue was reported as ...
- ServiceSource (SREV) Stock Gains on Earnings Beat @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 2:44 PM EST
ServiceSource (SREV) is gaining Friday after beating analysts' estimates for earnings in the fourth quarter.
- Liberty Media beats 4Q profit forecasts Associated Press - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 2:30 PM EST
The Englewood, Colorado-based company said it had profit of 21 cents per share. The results topped Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for ...