- Corporate Watch: News Digest @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 54 minutes ago
Singapore conglomerate Keppel Corp. offered as much as 3.2 billion Singapore dollars (US$2.39 billion) Friday to buy shares it doesn’t already own in its property unit, the latest in a string of take-private ...
- Earnings Expectations For The Week Of January 26: Apple, Google, Microsoft & More Benzinga - 3 hours ago
The earnings crunch is on this week. Tech and Internet giants will be stepping into the earnings spotlight, with forecasts calling for profit growth from Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL ), Facebook Inc (NASDAQ: ...
- Reasons to Sell Juniper Networks Ahead of Fourth-Quarter Earnings @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
A gloomier-than-expected outlook for 2015 may send Juniper's stock to a new 52-week low, suggesting a 16% drop in value. That's not a risk worth taking.
- Apple earnings, Fed vie for investor attention this week @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
Investor attention will be divided between earnings from tech heavyweights like Apple Inc. and Microsoft Inc. and the Federal Reserve’s Federal Open Market Committee this week.
- Companies diary: January 26 - January 30 @ Financial Times - 9 hours ago
Diary commentary from FT reporters; data and company announcements, unless otherwise stated, from Thomson Reuters. Company announcements are of information publicly available before last week. < The ...
- Will Apple Q1 Sales And Earnings Be Huge Or Just Big? @ Investor's Business Daily - 10 hours ago
It's a given that Apple (AAPL) will report a big jump in December-quarter revenue and earnings thanks to white-hot iPhone 6 sales. The only question is: How big? The answer comes after the close Tuesday, ...
- Handicapping Apple’s earnings @ Fortune - 12 hours ago
Has a blow-out quarter already been baked in?
- Are McDonald’s 38,000 Locations Too Many? @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Jan 24, 2015 8:15 AM EST
McDonald's continues to have more than 38,000 locations. With falling revenue and menu and customer problems, that may be too many.
- Don't Expect Strong Guidance From Seagate; Buy After the Pullback @ TheStreet.com - Sat, Jan 24, 2015 7:15 AM EST
When estimates come down that's a signal to trim positions.
- Not So Great Expectations @ Barrons.com - Sat, Jan 24, 2015 12:17 AM EST
By December, their expectations had plunged to 6%, reports Morgan Stanley strategist Adam Parker. This year, he notes, they’ve been deflating their estimates faster than a New England Patriots football (our analogy, not Parker’s). Ten weeks ago, analysts were predicting that the S&P would post $134 in earnings—again a …
- Charting the Market @ Barrons.com - Sat, Jan 24, 2015 12:16 AM EST
Netflix The Internet TV streamer added 4.33 million subscribers in the fourth quarter, more than expected, and its EPS of $1.35 beat estimates. Janus Capital Group Earnings jumped 22% in December. The ...
- Alaska Air's Big Payout Lift @ Barrons.com - Sat, Jan 24, 2015 12:07 AM EST
With airlines saving big bucks thanks to the drop in oil prices, Alaska Air is passing the savings on to its shareholders. Alaska’s payouts have doubled in the year and a half since the company initiated a 10-cent dividend in July 2013. The company traces its roots to 1932, when Linious “Mac” McGee, started offering service …
- State Street, BNY Mellon Post Lackluster Results @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 9:54 PM EST
State Street offered a lackluster view for 2015, while Bank of New York Mellon reported lighter-than-expected fee revenue.
- McDonald's earnings fall; changes afoot to woo customers Associated Press - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 7:49 PM EST
- Kimberly-Clark (KMB) Earnings Report: Q4 2014 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 7:49 PM EST
The following Kimberly-Clark (KMB) conference call took place on January 23, 2015, 10:00 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Honeywell International (HON) Earnings Report: Q4 2014 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 7:45 PM EST
The following Honeywell International (HON) conference call took place on January 23, 2015, 09:30 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Two Trust Banks Post Lackluster Results @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 7:13 PM EST
Two trust banks turned in fourth-quarter earnings reports Friday that disappointed investors.
- Kansas City Southern EPS up Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 6:47 PM EST
The railroad operator's Q4 EPS climbed 23% to 1.27, topping views by 4 cents. Revenue increased 4% to $642.50 mil, below forecasts for $658.52 mil as sinking fuel costs and the depreciation of the peso ...
- GE Warns On Oil & Gas Unit, But Bullish On U.S. Economy Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 6:27 PM EST
General Electric beat fourth-quarter earnings estimates Friday but warned that 2015 will be a "challenging year" for its oil and gas business as crude prices remain under pressure. The industrial ...
- McDonald's earnings fall; changes afoot @ USA TODAY - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 6:12 PM EST
Fast food chain says it is going to take action this year to bring customers back.
- UPS Prepared Too Well for Holiday Rush and Paid the Price Bloomberg - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 5:37 PM EST
While they nailed on-time deliveries during the 2014 Christmas season, on less busy days many workers and trucks were left idle.
- Ford takes $800 mln charge on Venezuelan currency woes Reuters - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 5:34 PM EST
Ford Motor Co said on Friday it was taking a charge related to its Venezuelan operations that will cut fourth-quarter net profit by $700 million, as companies scramble to shield their bottom lines from the country's volatile currency. For more than a year Ford has said its ability to get auto parts for its operations …
- General Electric (GE) Earnings Report: Q4 2014 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 5:13 PM EST
The following General Electric (GE) conference call took place on January 23, 2015, 08:30 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- UPS crashes on fourth-quarter earnings; 2015 prospects @ USA TODAY - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 5:07 PM EST
Investors see red in UPS brown as shares tumble.
- UPS Shares Got Crushed After The Company Warned That Its 4th-Quarter Results Will Be Terrible Business Insider - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 5:02 PM EST
UPS disclosed on Friday morning that it...
- LeapFrog shares drop 30% after sales fall below forecast @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 4:57 PM EST
Despite disappointing preliminary results for the third quarter and a 33% premarket drop in its stock Friday, children’s educational company Leapfrog Enterprises Inc. says there’s still a robust tablet ...
- Ocwen Financial (OCN) Stock Hits One-Year Low, Closes Down Today After Hedge Fund Shorts Stock @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 4:42 PM EST
Shares of Ocwen Financial (OCN) closed down 16.99% to $6.35 on Friday after hedge fund Blue Mountain Capital announced it had shorted stock in the company.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU) Stock Declined Today on Mixed Earnings Results @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 4:22 PM EST
Kansas City Southern (KSU) shares closed down following the release of the company's mixed fourth quarter earnings results.
- Gold Fields (GFI) Stock Fell Today as Gold Prices Declined @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 4:22 PM EST
Gold Fields (GFI) stock closed lower today as the price of gold fell.
- Amphenol (APH) Earnings Report: Q4 2014 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 4:17 PM EST
The following Amphenol (APH) conference call took place on January 22, 2015, 01:00 PM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Why ConocoPhillips’ net income increased in 3Q14 Market Realist - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 4:13 PM EST
Two things stand out in ConocoPhillips' net income report: a significant decline in 3Q14 revenues and an increase in net income despite a drop in revenues.
- ConocoPhillips: Fourth-quarter and full-year outlook Market Realist - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 4:10 PM EST
Analysts expect ConocoPhillips' revenues to be ~$11 billion in the fourth quarter, bringing the full-year outlook to ~$55 billion.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU) Earnings Report: Q4 2014 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 4:09 PM EST
The following Kansas City Southern (KSU) conference call took place on January 23, 2015, 08:45 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Bridgewater Associates reduces position in Microsoft Market Realist - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 4:05 PM EST
Bridgewater Associates reduced its position in Microsoft. According to 13F filings for 3Q14, it accounts for 0.01% of the total portfolio.
- What to Watch in the Week Ahead and on Monday, Jan. 26 Reuters - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 4:02 PM EST
The new iPhones are helping Apple chip away at Samsung Electronics' dominant position in its home turf of South Korea, according to a monthly report released by Hong Kong-based market research company Counterpoint. Paramount Pictures is seeing the possibility of a new profitable franchise with the success of its movie …
- Kimberly-Clark reports $83M net loss in Q4, expects challenges in 2015 @ The Business Journals - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 3:50 PM EST
Continued fluctuations in Venezuela's currency exchange rate contributed to an $83 million net income loss for Irving-based Kimberly-Clark Corp. in its fourth quarter. Using an exchange rate of 50 bolivars per U.S. dollar, Kimberly-Clark (KMB) recorded a charge of $462 million in fourth quarter 2014 for its Venezuelan …
- McDonald's Won't Skimp on Shareholder Returns Despite Weak Results @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 3:49 PM EST
Fast-food chain McDonald’s Corp. will cut back on opening new restaurants in several countries this year as the world's largest restaurant chain by revenue struggles with competition and rising commodity ...
- Barrick Gold (ABX) Stock Declines Today Along With Falling Gold Prices @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 3:41 PM EST
Barrick Gold (ABX) shares are down as gold prices continue to drop in trading today.
- [video]D.R. Horton Earnings Expected to Fall; Options Are Pricing in a 5% Move @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 3:34 PM EST
D.R. Horton is slated to release fourth quarter earnings on January 27 and traders expect it to move lower.
- Seadrill (SDRL) Stock Slipping Today on Declining WTI Crude Prices @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 3:29 PM EST
Seadrill (SDRL) stock is trading lower today while crude oil prices tumble on an increase in stockpiles.
- Xilinx (XLNX) Earnings Report: Q3 2015 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 3:28 PM EST
The following Xilinx (XLNX) conference call took place on January 22, 2015, 05:00 PM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Valero Energy (VLO) Stock Rises Today Following Increased Quarterly Dividend @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 3:21 PM EST
Valero Energy (VLO) shares are rising after the energy company raised its quarterly dividend by 45%.
- McDonald's (MCD) Earnings Report: Q1 2015 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 3:06 PM EST
The following McDonald's (MCD) conference call took place on January 23, 2015, 11:00 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Kinross Gold (KGC) Stock Falls Today Along With Gold Prices @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 3:05 PM EST
Kinross Gold (KGC) shares are dropping as gold prices decline today on a strengthening dollar.
- Will Ford (F) Stock be Hurt Today as Venezuela Charge to Impact Quarterly Profit? @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 3:04 PM EST
Ford (F) announced today that it expects a charge relating to its operations in Venezuela to reduce its fourth quarter profit by almost $700 million.
- One Reason Apple (AAPL) Stock Is Gaining Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 3:03 PM EST
Apple (AAPL) stock is higher this afternoon following stronger than expected second-quarter guidance from Skyworks Solutions (SWKS).
- Earnings From GE to Starbucks Show U.S. Resilience in Turmoil @ Bloomberg - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 3:01 PM EST
Earnings this week from General Electric Co. (GE), Honeywell International Inc. (HON) and Starbucks Corp. underscored the U.S. economy ’s strength amid a slowdown in global growth. About 77 percent of Standard & Poor’s 500 Index companies that have reported so far have beaten analysts’ profit estimates, with Netflix Inc. …
- Citi Comments On KLA-Tencor; Applied Materials No. 1 Pick Benzinga - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 2:57 PM EST
Citi maintained a Buy rating and $80 price target on KLA-Tencor Corporation (NASDAQ: KLAC ) despite the stock falling following its Q2 earnings release. Analyst Atif Malik acknowledged that the company ...
- Laredo Petroleum (LPI) Stock Tumbling as WTI Oil Falls @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 2:52 PM EST
Laredo Petroleum (LPI) stock is declining this afternoon as crude oil trades lower due to increasing stockpiles.
- Delta’s international markets see weakness in unit revenues Market Realist - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 2:37 PM EST
Delta's initiatives to improve its Pacific revenue, including restructuring its Tokyo Narita hub, led to a $25 million improvement in its 4Q14 Tokyo routes.