- Cowen Says Buy These Top Airline Stocks Before Earnings 24/7 Wall St. - 7 minutes ago
The analysts at Jefferies point out that corporate travel was up in March, and that could bode well for the top companies and the economy. Here are some of the airlines stocks rated Outperform at Cowen....
- El Paso Pipeline Beats Earnings Ests Zacks - 7 minutes ago
El Paso Pipeline Partners' earnings per unit in the first quarter surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate.
- Will This Upgrade Help First Republic Bank (FRC) Stock Today? @ TheStreet.com - 8 minutes ago
FIG Partners upgrades First National Bank (FRC) to 'outperform' with a $59 price target, saying the bank's cross-selling strategy should improve sales.
- Will This Price Target Increase Help Sandisk (SNDK) Stock Today? @ TheStreet.com - 9 minutes ago
Credit Suisse increased its price target on Sandisk (SNDK) to $125, increased its estimates and set an "outperform" rating. The firm notes the company is seeing higher sales and margins.
- Will This Downgrade Hurt The Southern Company (SO) Stock Today? @ TheStreet.com - 12 minutes ago
The Southern Company (SO) stock is lower in pre-market trading on Thursday after receiving a ratings downgrade to 'sector perform' from 'outperform' at RBC Capital.
- Stock futures rise on jobless claims, earnings @ MarketWatch - 14 minutes ago
U.S. stock futures shrugged off earlier gloom and edged higher on Thursday after earnings from Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley beat expectations while jobless claims rose by less than expected.
- Severe winter weather dampens DuPont's farm sales Reuters - 15 minutes ago
Sales in the agriculture business, DuPont's biggest, fell 6 percent, the first decline in ten quarters, due to lower demand for seeds and herbicides in North America and lower corn plantings in Brazil and North America. Operating earnings fell 5 percent to $1.44 billion (856.53 million pounds) in the agriculture busin …
- Stock Market Today: Pepsi Pops and GE is Feeling "Positive" @ Motley Fool - 15 minutes ago
Why PepsiCo and GE stocks are on the move today.
- Homepage and sports are key drivers for Yahoo’s display business Market Realist - 17 minutes ago
According to management, Yahoo's homepage and sports products were key drivers of the company's display revenue growth.
- Capital One Beats Earnings on Lower Expense Zacks - 17 minutes ago
Lower expenses and a rise in fee income drove Capital One's first-quarter 2014 earnings of $1.96 per share, which surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate by 17.4%.
- Blackstone earnings rise 30 percent, boosted by private equity gains Reuters - 18 minutes ago
Blackstone Group LP (NYS:BX), the world's largest alternative asset manager, reported a 30 percent rise in first-quarter earnings, driven by strong gains in its private equity arm that more than offset small declines in its real estate unit. The results, driven by assets sales and a strong appreciation in Blackstone's buyout …
- Blackstone earnings rise 30 pct, boosted by private equity gains Reuters - 21 minutes ago
Blackstone Group LP, the world's largest alternative asset manager, reported a 30 percent rise in first-quarter earnings, driven by strong gains in its private equity arm that more than offset small declines in its real estate unit. The results, driven by assets sales and a strong appreciation in Blackstone's buyout funds …
- A Big Day for Earnings @ The New York Times - 21 minutes ago
Profit drops at Goldman Sachs but rises at Morgan Stanley. | Blackstone earnings rise 30 percent. | Weibo poised to begin trading. | James Murdoch joins the board of an advertising start-up. | Hedge fund ...
- Snack sales help PepsiCo beat profit estimates; soda steadies Reuters - 27 minutes ago
The maker of Pepsi-Cola, Frito-Lay snacks and Tropicana juice said that excluding the impact of currency translation and changes to PepsiCo's business, quarterly revenue rose 4 percent. Overall revenue in the first quarter ended March 22 was $12.62 billion, above the $12.43 billion Wall Street was expecting, according …
- Lower Cost Drives Hancock's Q1 Earnings Beat Zacks - 27 minutes ago
Prudent expense management and lower provision drove Hancock Holding Co.'s first-quarter operating earnings of 58 cents per share.
- Why Baker Hughes (BHI) Stock Is Surging In Pre-Market Trade @ TheStreet.com - 29 minutes ago
Shares of Baker Hughes (BHI) are up 3.68% to 68.75 in pre-market trade as the oilfield services company reported 2014 first quarter results.
- General Electric Q1 Profit Hit By NBCUniversal Sale But 2014 Outlook Is Positive @ Forbes - 30 minutes ago
General Electric reported a 15% drop in first quarter profit Thursday morning, a decline related to the company's sale of its stake in NBCUniversal. However, shares of GE are up in early Thursday trading thanks to a 12% boost in industrial segment profits and a positive outlook for the rest of 2014.
- UTC's Earnings Preview: Restructuring Costs Will Likely More Than Offset Sales Growth @ Forbes - 31 minutes ago
In the first quarter, the company guides its earnings to fall by 10% annually to around $1.25 per share due to restructuring costs more than offsetting moderate sales growth. However, we figure margin expansion gains driven by these restructuring activities will benefit UTC over the long term.
- Oil Services Earnings Dominated by American Activity @ 24/7 Wall St. - 32 minutes ago
Schlumberger and Baker Hughes reported mixed first-quarter results before the markets opened Thursday. Their earnings were dominated by activity in North America.
- Intel's Q1'14 Earnings: Expanding Footprint In New Markets, Strong Data Center Performance & Higher PC … @ Forbes - 34 minutes ago
A stabilizing PC market, strong growth in data centers and an expanding footprint in the Internet-of-Things market were Intel’s key growth drivers in Q1 2014, offset partially by lower mobile group revenue.
- Story Stocks from Briefing.com Briefing.com - 34 minutes ago
Story Stocks from Briefing.com
- UnitedHealth says first-quarter profit fell on reform costs Reuters - 37 minutes ago
The company said the costs related to the Affordable Care Act and the effects of budget sequestration last year on payments from the government negatively affected earnings by about 35 cents per share. Its Optum technology-related division, which has worked on the online insurance exchanges created by that reform law, …
- Badger Meter Lags on Q1 Earnings Zacks - 37 minutes ago
Badger Meter Q1 earnings lagged the Zacks Consensus Estimate.
- [$$] Blackstone's First-Quarter Earnings Rise 58% @ The Wall Street Journal - 42 minutes ago
Blackstone Group on Thursday said its first-quarter earnings rose 58%, as the private-equity firm's buyout funds saw a fourfold increase in deal profits.
- [$$] Chipotle Profit Rises on Stronger Restaurant Traffic @ The Wall Street Journal - 42 minutes ago
Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. said first-quarter income improved 8.5% as the burrito chain continued to post strong same-store sales growth amid higher traffic.
- Google's ad prices are down. So what? @ Fortune - 46 minutes ago
FORTUNE -- Simmer down, folks. Google is doing just fine. Judging from media coverage this Wednesday following Google's (GOOG) first quarter earnings results, you'd be forgiven for thinking the world's ...
- Consolidated Edison Might Not Be A Good Option @ Seeking Alpha - 47 minutes ago
Consolidated Edison Inc. ( ED ) is one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the U.S. Consolidated Edison is a holding company that owns the Consolidated Edison of New York "CECONY," ...
- Kinder Morgan Misses Earnings, Tops Rev Zacks - 47 minutes ago
Kinder Morgan Inc. reported first quarter 2014 earnings of 28 cents a share from continuing operations, failing to meet the Zacks Consensus Estimate of 33 cents.
- Hedge funds suffer worst start to year since 2008 @ CNBC - 48 minutes ago
Hedge funds have suffered their worst start to the year in performance terms since the financial crisis, as returns in March and January were both in the red.
- Morgan Stanley's income rose 18 percent Associated Press - 49 minutes ago
- [$$] Alliance Data Systems Profit Edges Up @ The Wall Street Journal - 50 minutes ago
Alliance Data Systems Corp. reported its first-quarter profit edged up 3% with as its Private Label segment starting the year strong.
- Snack Food Sales Boost Pepsi Earnings @ 24/7 Wall St. - 52 minutes ago
PepsiCo reported better-than-expected first-quarter 2014 results before markets opened Thursday morning, due largely to cost-cutting and higher snack-food sales.
- Goldman Sachs Delivers on Earnings and Book Value Growth 24/7 Wall St. - 57 minutes ago
Goldman Sachs is still a new Dow Jones Industrial Average component, and now the bulge bracket investment banking firm is out with its first-quarter earnings for 2014.
- IBM Q1 Earnings in Line, Revs Lag Again Zacks - 57 minutes ago
IBM reported disappointing revenues in the first quarter of 2014, which missed the Zacks Consensus Estimate for the fifth straight quarter.
- Should You Buy CSX After Earnings? @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 1 hour 1 minute ago
CSX Corp. is one of the larger players in the rail transport industry. This industry has benefitted over the past several years.
- GE industrial profits rise 12 percent, shares up Reuters - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
"The big story is the organic revenue growth," said Tim Ghriskey, chief investment officer of Solaris Asset Management, which owns GE shares. GE Chief Executive Officer Jeff Immelt wants to focus the company even more on manufacturing of large industrial products as he reduces the company's dependence on its GE Capital …
- Schlumberger hurt by reduced drilling, weak pricing in Latam Reuters - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
Schlumberger Ltd, the world's largest oilfield services company, reported a profit that beat analysts' estimates for the tenth straight quarter, but revenue fell short of expectations due to reduced drilling and pricing pressure in Latin America. Schlumberger's revenue from Latin America fell "mainly due to significantly …
- Noble Earnings & Revs Get the Better of Ests Zacks - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
Noble Corporation reported first quarter 2014 earnings of 99 cents per share, which surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate of 69 cents.
- Wealth management, trading boosts Morgan Stanley @ CNBC - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
Morgan Stanley delivered quarterly earnings and revenue that surpassed analysts' expectations on Thursday.
- DuPont Blames the Weather for Earnings Miss 24/7 Wall St. - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
DuPont reported first-quarter results before markets opened Thursday that fell short of consensus expectations. It said adverse weather conditions reduced earnings but operating margins improved.
- [$$] Dover Corp. Profit Falls @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 13 minutes ago
Dover Corp.'s first-quarter earnings fell 23% as the manufacturer reported a loss from discontinued operations because of costs related to the spinoff of its communication technologies businesses.
- [video] Previewing Tech Earnings with Alan Knuckman @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
A big leap came from a small beat with Yahoo! stock, IBM and Google sank after reporting numbers--but with the Nasdaq nearly hitting correction territory, OneStopOption Chief Market Strategist Alan Knuckman ...
- SanDisk Up on Q1 Earnings Beat Zacks - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
SanDisk's first-quarter adjusted earnings of $1.32 per share came ahead of the Zacks Consensus Estimate of $1.17.
- [$$] Honeywell Profit Rises 5.3% @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 20 minutes ago
Honeywell International's first-quarter earnings rose 5.3% as sales rose across most of the industrial conglomerate's business segments
- REIT Focus: Weingarten Realty Investors @ Seeking Alpha - 1 hour 21 minutes ago
This REIT Focus from our commercial real estate newsletter, View of the Market, is on Weingarten Realty Investors ( WRI ), a publicly-traded REIT engaged in the ownership, management and development of ...
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Reiterates on Google on Positive Iteration Point Benzinga - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
In a report published Thursday, Credit Suisse analyst Stephen Ju reiterated an Outperform rating on Google (NASDAQ: GOOG ), and raised the price target from $725.00 to $735.00. In the report, Credit Suisse ...
- UPDATE: Bank of America Reiterates on Capital One Financial Following Q1 GAAP EPS Report Benzinga - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
In a report published Thursday, Bank of America analyst Kenneth Bruce reiterated a Buy rating on Capital One Financial (NYSE: COF ), and raised the price target from $78.00 to $84.00. In the report, Bank ...
- Early movers: MS, GE, PEP, GOOG, IBM, WB & more CNBC - 1 hour 33 minutes ago
- Should You Buy Celanese (CE) Ahead of Earnings? Zacks - 1 hour 35 minutes ago
Investors are always looking for stocks that are poised to beat at earnings season and Celanese may be one such company as the firm has earnings coming up pretty soon, and events are shaping up quite nicely ...
- American Express Announces Q1 Earnings Benzinga - 1 hour 35 minutes ago
American Express (NYSE: AXP ) announced its first quarter earnings results Wednesday afternoon, April 16, 2014. Shares of the company are down 0.74 percent or $0.65 per share to 86.75. The credit card ...