- General Dynamics profit jumps 42 pct, jet orders rise Reuters - 9 minutes ago
General Dynamics Corp, maker of Gulfstream jets, tanks and U.S. Navy ships, reported a 42 percent jump in fourth-quarter profit and said quarterly aircraft orders were at the highest in more than three ...
- H&M earnings miss forecast as investments weigh Reuters - 11 minutes ago
The Swedish company is investing in new concepts such as sportswear, designer collections and higher-price brands including COS to try to protect margins over the long term as discount chains Primark (ABF.L) and Forever 21 push prices down. In doing so, it is moving further into the territory of bigger rival Inditex (ITX.MC), …
- Kulicke and Soffa beats 1Q profit forecasts Associated Press - 18 minutes ago
The Singapore-based company said it had net income of 10 cents per share. The results beat Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was breakeven ...
- Textron beats 4Q profit forecasts Associated Press - 18 minutes ago
On a per-share basis, the Providence, Rhode Island-based company said it had profit of 76 cents. Earnings, adjusted for restructuring costs and to account for discontinued operations, were 79 cents per ...
- Potlatch tops 4Q profit forecasts Associated Press - 21 minutes ago
The Spokane, Washington-based company said it had profit of 49 cents per share. Earnings, adjusted for pretax gains, were 45 cents per share. The results beat Wall Street expectations. The average estimate ...
- InPlay from Briefing.com Briefing.com - 22 minutes ago
InPlay from Briefing.com
- Despite delays, Petrobras reports earnings without graft writedowns Reuters - 28 minutes ago
Brazil's Petrobras released unaudited third-quarter results on Wednesday after months of delays, but the state-run oil company left investors in the dark over the financial impact of a multibillion-dollar corruption scandal. Petroleo Brasileiro SA (PETR4.SA), as Petrobras is formally known, reported a net profit of 3.09 …
- McCormick beats 4Q profit forecasts Associated Press - 31 minutes ago
On a per-share basis, the Sparks, Maryland-based company said it had profit of $1.14. Earnings, adjusted for non-recurring costs, were $1.16 per share. The results topped Wall Street expectations. The ...
- Praxair Earnings Fall on Currency Headwinds @ The Wall Street Journal - 35 minutes ago
Praxair Inc. said its earnings dropped as weak macroeconomic conditions, especially in Europe, and the strong dollar pressured fourth-quarter results.
- European Stocks Trade Lower Ahead of Federal Reserve Statement @ TheStreet.com - 42 minutes ago
European stocks are overwhelmingly in the red on Wednesday, building on Tuesday's slump.
- Anthem raises dividend almost 43 pct, tops 4Q forecasts Associated Press - 46 minutes ago
- Apple Posted The Biggest Quarterly Profit In History @ Forbes - 47 minutes ago
Raking in $18 billion in three months, Apple tops a handful of oil and gas companies to become biggest quarterly earner of all time.
- The Morning Ledger: U.S. Profits Blunted by Currency Headwinds @ The Wall Street Journal - 47 minutes ago
Big American companies are shifting their focus to cutting costs as the surge in the dollar is shrinking the value of foreign earnings and making U.S. products more expensive abroad.
- Anthem tops 4Q profit forecasts Associated Press - 48 minutes ago
On a per-share basis, the Indianapolis-based company said it had profit of $1.80. Earnings, adjusted for one-time gains and costs, were $1.73 per share. The results beat Wall Street expectations. The average ...
- M.D.C. Holdings misses 4Q profit forecasts Associated Press - 55 minutes ago
The Denver-based company said it had profit of 30 cents per share. Earnings, adjusted to extinguish debt, were 41 cents per share. The results did not meet Wall Street expectations. The average estimate ...
- Health insurer Anthem's profit rises on higher enrollments Reuters - 56 minutes ago
Health insurer Anthem Inc's quarterly profit more than tripled due to a rise in enrollments. The company's net profit rose to $506.7 million, or $1.80 per share, in the fourth quarter ended Dec. 31 from ...
- Praxair meets 4Q profit forecasts Associated Press - 58 minutes ago
The Danbury, Connecticut-based company said it had net income of $1.03 per share. Earnings, adjusted for non-recurring costs, were $1.57 per share. The results met Wall Street expectations. The average ...
- EverBank misses Street 4Q forecasts Associated Press - 58 minutes ago
On a per-share basis, the Jacksonville, Florida-based company said it had net income of 28 cents. Earnings, adjusted for one-time gains and costs, came to 30 cents per share. The results missed Wall Street ...
- Experian tops FTSE 100 on capital return plan @ Financial Times - 1 hour 0 minutes ago
Credit checking consultant Experian topped the FTSE 100 on Wednesday after it announced a $600m share repurchase plan and pledged to increase its dividend payment at least in line with its earnings growth. ...
- TE Connectivity beats 1Q profit forecasts Associated Press - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
On a per-share basis, the Schaffhausen, Switzerland-based company said it had net income of $1.14. Earnings, adjusted for one-time gains and costs, were 98 cents per share. The results beat Wall Street ...
- Don't Get Stuck Holding Too Much Broadcom Ahead of 4Q Earnings @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 10 minutes ago
Broadcom must beat earnings estimates this quarter and guide with confidence. That's a tall order.
- Ranbaxy Returns to a Loss @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 15 minutes ago
Ranbaxy Laboratories returned to a loss last quarter as sales flagged and a one-off tax payment weighed on earnings
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi Fourth-Quarter Profit Tops Estimates @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 16 minutes ago
National Bank of Abu Dhabi PJSC, the United Arab Emirates ’ biggest bank by assets, reported a 28 percent jump in fourth-quarter profit, helped by higher fee and commission income and increased sales from overseas markets. NBAD, as it’s known, joins other lenders in the U.A.E. that reported higher fourth-quarter profit …
- Story Stocks from Briefing.com Briefing.com - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
Story Stocks from Briefing.com
- iPhone sales trample expectations as profit sets global record Reuters - 1 hour 32 minutes ago
Apple's cash pile is now $178 billion, enough to buy IBM (IBM.N) or the equivalent to $556 for every American. Apple Chief Financial Officer Luca Maestri told Reuters in an interview that the company did not sell more iPhones in China than the United States, despite some earlier predictions by research analysts. The company's …
- Raw data: Apple’s $18 billion quarter is the biggest ever @ Fortune - 1 hour 36 minutes ago
Apple now has five of the top ten quarters. ExxonMobil has three.
- H&M posts rise in quarterly profit, plans 400 new stores Associated Press - 2 hours 1 minute ago
Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz says its earnings rose by 12 percent in the fourth quarter, boosted by expansion in the United States and China. Net profit for the quarter was 6.22 billion Swedish ...
- Ranbaxy Dec-quarter net loss widens on forex loss Reuters - 2 hours 38 minutes ago
- Apple's Earnings: The Staggering Numbers @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 40 minutes ago
Apple surpassed even the most bullish Wall Street expectations for its holiday quarter with an improbable trifecta: selling more iPhones at higher prices—and earning more on each sale.
- India's Ranbaxy Dec qtr net loss widens on forex loss Reuters - 2 hours 42 minutes ago
Indian generic drugmaker Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd reported a wider loss in the December quarter, hurt by foreign exchange losses and higher finance costs. Ranbaxy, which is being acquired by larger local rival Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd for $3.2 billion, has been hit by a series of regulatory sanctions in the …
- LG Display fourth-quarter profit at four-year high, 2015 growth seen strong Reuters - 2 hours 42 minutes ago
LG Display guided for profit for the seasonally weak first quarter to fall sequentially, but analysts said earnings will likely be supported by sales to Apple. The U.S. company reported record iPhone sales for the fiscal quarter ended Dec. 27 and plans to launch a new smartwatch in April, suggesting further sales momentum …
- Petrobras reports 3rd-qtr non-audited profit without graft writedown Reuters - 2 hours 43 minutes ago
Brazil's Petrobras reported a third-quarter non-audited net profit on Wednesday of 3.09 bln reais ($1.20 billion) after its board said it was "impractical" to estimate the value of expected charges against earnings related to a corruption scandal. Petroleo Brasileiro SA, as the company is formally known, also said …
- LG Display Q4 profit at four-year high, 2015 growth seen strong Reuters - 2 hours 49 minutes ago
South Korea's LG Display Co Ltd reported on Wednesday its highest quarterly profit in almost four years, buoyed by robust demand for liquid crystal displays (LCDs) from television makers and client Apple Inc. LG Display guided for profit for the seasonally weak first quarter to fall sequentially, but analysts said earnings …
- Alibaba Earnings: What to Watch @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 55 minutes ago
Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding will announce its December quarter earnings before the U.S. market opens on Thursday. Here are the key things to watch.
- Apple demand buoys SK Hynix and LG Display @ Financial Times - 3 hours ago
Apple's record results have had a positive knock-on effect upon its suppliers, with South Korea's SK Hynix and LG Display both posting solid fourth-quarter earnings. The two companies are among the main ...
- Nucor (NUE) Earnings Report: Q4 2014 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
The following Nucor (NUE) conference call took place on January 27, 2015, 02:00 PM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Roche Sees Profit, Sales Increasing @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
Roche posted a 16% drop in annual profit as the Swiss drug maker booked large impairments and restructured its debt, but the company expects sales and profit to increase this year.
- H&M Profit Beats Expectations @ The Wall Street Journal - 4 hours ago
Swedish clothing retailer Hennes & Mauritz reported a stronger-than-expected rise in net profit for the fourth quarter, and said that it plans to open 400 new stores in 2015.
- STMicro Warns of Slack Sales @ The Wall Street Journal - 4 hours ago
STMicroelectronics, Europe’s largest semiconductor maker, expects weaker demand for its chips early this year as it swung into the black in the fourth quarter, with lower costs offsetting a decline in ...
- STMicro posts in-line Q4, sees return to revenue growth Reuters - 5 hours ago
FRANKFURT/PARIS, Jan 28 (Reuters) - Europe's largest semiconductor maker, STMicroelectronics, on Wednesday reported fourth-quarter results in line with expectations and said it expected to return to revenue growth in 2015, thanks in part to the benefit of a weaker euro. The company reported fourth-quarter revenue of …
- LG Display sees first quarter profit falling from fourth quarter on seasonally weak demand Reuters - 5 hours ago
South Korea's LG Display Co Ltd said on Wednesday that profit in the first quarter would decline from the preceding quarter, as the display maker enters a seasonally weak period for consumer electronics ...
- Roche Forecasts Higher Earnings After 2014 EPS Misses Estimates @ Bloomberg - 6 hours ago
Roche Holding AG (ROG) , the world’s biggest seller of cancer drugs, forecast that revenue and profit will increase in 2015 after last year’s earnings missed analysts’ estimates. Sales will increase by a “low to mid-single digit” percentage and core earnings per share growth will exceed that, Basel, Switzerland-based Roche …
- Apple iPhone sales trample expectations as profit sets global record Reuters - 6 hours ago
Apple Inc quarterly results smashed Wall Street expectations with record sales of big-screen iPhones in the holiday shopping season and a 70 percent rise in China sales, powering the company to the largest profit in corporate history. Apple's cash pile is now $178 billion, enough to buy IBM or the equivalent to $556 for …
- CIT Group’s Profit Soars as it Routs Expectations @ The Wall Street Journal - 7 hours ago
CIT Group Inc. said its profit nearly doubled in the most recent quarter as the firm reported an increase in net finance margin and continued growth of its commercial business.
- Apple posts record quarterly earnings on soaring iPhone sales @ Los Angeles Times - 8 hours ago
Apple Inc.'s decision last year to enlarge the iPhone screen fattened the company's wallet too.
- Apple ascendant: 74.5M iPhones sold last quarter @ USA TODAY - 9 hours ago
Record iPhone sales -- 74.5million -- send Apple shares in orbit, up 5%. Apple Watch to ship in April.
- Electronic Arts Reports Profitable Holiday Season @ The Wall Street Journal - 9 hours ago
Electronic Arts swung to a profit on stronger than expected revenue in the holiday quarter, as more consumers snapped up software for discounted videogame consoles and downloaded more digital content.
- Prologis (PLD) Earnings Report: Q4 2014 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - 11 hours ago
The following Prologis (PLD) conference call took place on January 27, 2015, 12:00 PM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Apple shatters iPhone sales record; Apple Watch to ship in April @ Los Angeles Times - 11 hours ago
Apple Inc. sold nearly 74.5 million iPhones during the last three months of 2014 -- more than in all of its fiscal year 2011 -- powering a quarter of record profit that soared past Wall Street expectations....
- Here’s How Apple’s $18 Billion IPhone-Fueled Profit Stacks Up Bloomberg - 11 hours ago
Apple Inc. (AAPL) reported a record $18 billion in quarterly profit today, one of the biggest in corporate history, fueled by holiday sales of larger-screened iPhones. Just how does that three-month haul ...