- [video] China remains a stock picker's market: Fidelity @ CNBC - 2 hours 26 minutes ago
Catherine Yeung, Investment Director at Fidelity Worldwide Investment, explains the firm's bullish outlook on China and expects more mini-stimulus from the government.
- Earnings Expectations For The Week Of September 15 Benzinga - 7 hours ago
Ostensible economic bellwether FedEx (NYSE: FDX ) is scheduled to step into the earnings spotlight midweek, and the consensus forecast calls for earnings growth. Analysts are also looking for earnings ...
- [$$] Qualcomm Out, MediaTek In @ Barrons.com - Sat, Sep 13, 2014 2:25 AM EDT
During a discussion at last week's World Economic Forum in Tianjin, China, Minister of Cyberspace Affairs Lu Wei pointedly suggested to a fellow panelist, Qualcomm Executive Chairman Paul Jacobs, that "we should make money together." The remark was notable because Beijing has deemed the licensing practices of the U.S. …
- [$$] Jackpot for Alibaba @ Barrons.com - Sat, Sep 13, 2014 12:01 AM EDT
Alibaba Group is the next big one. Alibaba dominates Chinese e-commerce and already is highly profitable, with net income from operations of more than $1 billion in the June quarter on revenue of $2.5 billion. It's more established and profitable than either Facebook (FB) or Twitter (TWTR) when they went public. The …
- [$$] Alibaba IPO: A Big Deal, and, Backers Argue, a Real Steal @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 5:58 PM EDT
Salespeople at banks working on Alibaba's IPO say the initial price range for the shares values the company at a discount to rivals such as China's Tencent.
- Palo Alto Networks' Solid Results Drive Up Price Targets Zacks - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 5:10 PM EDT
A number of analysts raised their price targets for Palo Alto Networks (PANW) after it announced strong fiscal fourth quarter 2014 results and provided an encouraging sales guidance for fiscal first quarter ...
- Stocks End Lower After Spending, Sentiment Data Morningstar - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 4:30 PM EDT
U.S. Market Stocks were lower today after economic data. Retail sales rose 0.6% in August from July levels, roughly in line with economist’s expectations. Sales were up 0.3% excluding auto sales. July’s ...
- SeaDrill Slips to 52-Week Low on Weak Industry Outlook Zacks - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 4:20 PM EDT
SeaDrill Limited (SDRL) slipped to a 52-week low of $32.37 on Sep 11.
- Abbott Labs (ABT) to Repurchase Shares for $3B Zacks - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 3:50 PM EDT
In an effort to increase shareholder value, Abbott Laboratories' (ABT) board of directors has approved a new share repurchase program.
- Why Starbucks (SBUX) Stock Is Down Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 2:52 PM EDT
An investment firm reportedly sold 6.2 million shares of Starbucks (SBUX) between yesterday's close and today's session.
- Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, Inc. Rallies On 5-Year Plan; Analysts Applaud Benzinga - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 2:22 PM EDT
Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, Inc. (NASDAQ: ULTA ) gained more than 20 percent Friday after the company unveiled a five-year plan for impressive growth. Analysts broadly applauded the Bolingbrook, ...
- Morgan Stanley Highlight's Potential Catalysts For FedEx Corporation Earnings Benzinga - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 2:18 PM EDT
Morgan Stanley freight analyst William Greene previewed FedEx Corporation (NYSE: FDX ) earnings on Friday. FedEx is set to release first quarter 2015 results September 17. Greene discussed whether or not ...
- Beware of Load Fees in Mutual Funds Zacks - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 12:58 PM EDT
Loads take money out of your return either before, during, or after your investment in the fund.
- Why 21Vianet (VNET) Stock Is Recovering Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 12:21 PM EDT
Shares of 21Vianet (VNET) surged Friday to recover its major losses from earlier in the week after Morgan Stanley (MS) defended the company's core business despite fraud allegations.
- The Cooper Companies Up to Strong Buy on Higher Outlook Zacks - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 12:10 PM EDT
Driven by strong fiscal 2014-third-quarter results, higher fiscal 2014 guidance and the recent acquisition of Sauflon Pharmaceuticals, The Cooper Companies Inc. (COO) has been witnessing a positive trend ...
- Activis traders eyeing breakout optionMONSTER - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 12:04 PM EDT
Activis is sitting at record highs, and traders are ready for a breakout. optionMONSTER's Heat Seeker monitoring program detected the purchase of 2,000 October 240 calls for $6.10. An equal number of September ...
- Is Dollar Tree a Value Addition to Your Portfolio at the Moment? Zacks - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 12:00 PM EDT
We believe, Dollar Tree Inc. (DLTR) is progressing well with its growth endeavors, including store expansion, omni-channel development, revamping of store formats and venture into new markets.
- L Brands Could Double Sales On Bras and Body Wash @ Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 11:38 AM EDT
Foreign markets may not have gotten their fill of camisoles and scented shower gel just yet. Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works parent L Brands (LB) could well be on its way to doubling sales with ...
- Darden Investors More Worried About Olive Garden StockTwits - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 11:37 AM EDT
Darden Restaurants Inc., which owns Olive Garden and LongHorn Steakhouse chains, posted earnings in line with figures it had pre-announced this month. It also retained its profit forecast.
- Lululemon Athletica inc. Rallies But Fails To Impress Analysts Benzinga - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 11:34 AM EDT
Lululemon Athletica inc. (NASDAQ: LULU ) shares opened sharply higher Friday on both an apparent short squeeze and investor enthusiasm for better-than-expected second-quarter results. But better than expected ...
- Olin Corporation Down to Strong Sell on Weak Q2 Earnings Zacks - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 11:10 AM EDT
Zacks Investment Research downgraded Olin Corporation (OLN) to a Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell) on Sep 12, 2014 due to disappointing second-quarter results, with earnings and revenue declining 14.8% and 12.5% ...
- Putin's Ukraine Adventure Is Tanking The Entire Russian Economy Business Insider - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 10:23 AM EDT
Russian central bank keeps rates on hold.
- Why L Brands (LB) Stock Is Rising Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 10:03 AM EDT
L Brands (LB) shares are up after having coverage initiated with a 'buy' rating by analysts at Wunderlich Securities.
- Metlife (MLU) Upgraded From Hold to Buy @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 9:31 AM EDT
Metlife (MLU) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from Hold to Buy with a ratings score of A-.
- Francesca's Misses on Q2 Earnings & Sales; Q3 Outlook Low Zacks - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 9:30 AM EDT
Francesca's Holdings Corp.'s (FRAN) earnings of 24 cents per share in the second quarter of 2014 missed the Zacks Consensus Estimate of 27 cents by 11.1%.
- How Will Dollar Tree (DLTR) Stock React To This Coverage Initiation? @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 9:28 AM EDT
Dollar Tree (DLTR) shares had coverage initiated with a 'buy' rating and $68 price target by analysts at UBS (UBS) on Friday.
- Middlefield Banc (MBCN) Initiatedd From to Buy @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 9:25 AM EDT
Middlefield Banc (MBCN) has been initiated by TheStreet Ratings from to Buy with a ratings score of A.
- Life Time Fitness (LTM) Upgraded From Hold to Buy @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 9:22 AM EDT
Life Time Fitness (LTM) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from Hold to Buy with a ratings score of B.
- Will This Ratings Upgrade Help Advisory Board (ABCO) Stock Today? @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 9:22 AM EDT
Advisory Board (ABCO) was upgraded to 'outperform' from 'market perform' at Wells Fargo (WFC).
- Honda Gains from Business Expansion & Product Launches Zacks - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 9:20 AM EDT
On Sep 11, 2014, we issued an updated research report on Honda Motor Co. Ltd. (HMC).
- Home Loan Servicing Soltns (HLSS) Upgraded From Hold to Buy @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 9:15 AM EDT
Home Loan Servicing Soltns (HLSS) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from Hold to Buy with a ratings score of B-.
- Company News for September 12, 2014 Zacks - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 9:14 AM EDT
Companies in the News are: FIVE,FLWS,KR,BBRY
- Google (GOOGL) Upgraded From Hold to Buy @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 9:13 AM EDT
Google (GOOGL) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from Hold to Buy with a ratings score of A-.
- Enlink Midstream Partners (ENLK) Downgraded From Buy to Hold @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 9:09 AM EDT
Enlink Midstream Partners (ENLK) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from Buy to Hold with a ratings score of C.
- Will This Ratings Initiation Help HanesBrands (HBI) Stock Today? @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 8:57 AM EDT
HanesBrands (HBI) was initiated with a 'buy' rating at Wunderlich Securities.
- Nabors (NBR) to Buy Back Shares Worth $250M Zacks - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 8:50 AM EDT
Nabors Industries Ltd. (NBR) announced that it will repurchase shares worth approximately $250 million from UBS Investment Bank.
- Progressive August Earnings Improve on Higher Premiums Zacks - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 8:10 AM EDT
Progressive Corp.'s (PGR) operating earnings for Aug 2014 came in at 14 cents per share, exhibiting an improvement of 55% higher year over year.
- Why Netflix (NFLX) Stock Is Gaining Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 8:10 AM EDT
Barclays (BCS) upgraded its rating on the Internet TV network to "equal weight" from "underweight," saying its international estimates are likely achievable.
- Collapsing Russian Car Sales Hit GM, Ford, Toyota, VW @ 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
The last time we looked at sales of cars and light commercial vehicles in Russia, the situation was bad and headed toward being worse.
- Lululemon Q2 Earnings & Revenues Beat, Shares Jump 13.9% Zacks - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
Shares of Lululemon (LULU) surged 13.9% as the company's second-quarter fiscal 2014 earnings of 33 cents per share cruised ahead of the Zacks Consensus Estimate of 29 cents as well as the company's forecast ...
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Micron Technology, SanDisk, Stratasys, Cirrus Logic and Quiksilve … Zacks - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 7:59 AM EDT
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Micron Technology, SanDisk, Stratasys, Cirrus Logic and Quiksilver
- Experts & Pundits Speak On Lululemon Athletica inc. Earnings Benzinga - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 7:55 AM EDT
Lululemon Athletica Inc. 's (NASDAQ: LULU ) second quarter earnings report from this morning included better than expected earnings. The athletic apparel company reported a 13 percent increase in revenue ...
- Will NVIDIA (NVDA) Crush Estimates at Its Next Earnings Report? Zacks - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 7:01 AM EDT
NVIDIA (NVDA) might be in a good position to beat earnings at its next report. This company has seen a nice streak of beating earnings estimates, especially when looking at the previous two reports.
- Can Mallinckrodt public limited (MNK) Keep the Earnings Streak Alive This Quarter? Zacks - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
Mallinckrodt public limited could be a great candidate for another beat after a solid performance in the last two quarters.
- Why the Earnings Streak Will Continue for Micron (MU) Zacks - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 6:59 AM EDT
Micron (MU) might be in a good position to beat earnings at its next report. This company has seen a nice streak of beating earnings estimates, especially when looking at the previous two reports.
- Why the Earnings Streak Will Continue for Halcon Resources (HK) Zacks - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 6:55 AM EDT
Halcon Resources could be a great candidate for another beat after a solid performance in the last two quarters.
- Traders look for JetBlue to soar optionMONSTER - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 5:47 AM EDT
Traders are making cheap bets that JetBlue will take off by early next year. More than 2,200 January 15 calls traded in a strong buying pattern as premiums rose from $0.15 to $0.22 yesterday, according ...
- Danfoss Offers to Buy AC-Drive Maker Vacon in $1.34 Billion Deal @ Bloomberg - Fri, Sep 12, 2014 3:56 AM EDT
Danfoss A/S, a Danish maker of refrigeration parts, offered to buy Vacon Oyj, a Finnish producer of air conditioner drives, for 1.04 billion euros ($1.34 billion). Vacon shares jumped above the offer price. Danfoss, controlled by Danish billionaire Joergen Mads Clausen, will pay 34 euros a share, the Nordborg, Denmark-based …
- Ashmore earnings hit by sterling strength @ Financial Times - Thu, Sep 11, 2014 10:10 PM EDT
Shares in Ashmore tumbled on Thursday as the emerging market fund management group suffered a sharp fall in profits because of the strength of sterling. The FTSE 250 listed group was also hit by a contraction ...
- RadioShack warns of possible Ch. 11 bankruptcy Associated Press - Thu, Sep 11, 2014 7:29 PM EDT