- [$$] Hormel Earnings Top Expectations @ The Wall Street Journal - 27 minutes ago
Hormel Foods said its fiscal third-quarter earnings jumped 21%, as the packaged-foods maker reported strong profit gains and higher sales in its refrigerated-foods and Jennie-O Turkey Store segments.
- Sears 2Q loss widens on sluggish sales Associated Press - 28 minutes ago
- [$$] Sears Plans More Cost Cuts @ The Wall Street Journal - 9 minutes ago
Sears, the struggling store operator that was once a prominent fixture of the U.S. retail landscape, posted a $573 million quarterly loss and indicated that more cost cuts and changes are on the way.
- Google Losses Share Price War With Apple @ 24/7 Wall St. - 40 minutes ago
Apple split its shares, and Google split its, although in a different fashion. In the stock price increase war since the events, Apple has won handily.
- UK's Phoenix Group seeks credit rating as debt falls Reuters - 45 minutes ago
A credit rating - issued by rating agencies Standard and Poor's, Fitch and Moody's - would help Phoenix reduce the cost of its senior debt by about 50 basis points, get longer maturities, and access to wider group of investors. Phoenix said companies usually seek credit ratings from at least two agencies.
- Sears posts loss for ninth straight quarter Reuters - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
- Volvo posts surprise fall in truck shipments, U.S. only bright spot Reuters - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
World number two truck maker Volvo (VOLVb.ST) posted a surprise fall in truck shipments in July, hit by slowing economies in Europe, South America and Asia. Shipments of Volvo, Mack, UD Trucks and Renault trucks fell 9 percent year on year, versus a mean forecast in a Reuters poll of analysts for a rise of 4 percent. …
- Exxon vs Chevron: Battle of the Oil Dividend Behemoths @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 28 minutes ago
Find out how these stocks measure up against each other and the surprising direction the oil industry is headed.
- Phoenix Profit Rises as Company Restructures Bank Debt @ Bloomberg - 4 hours ago
Phoenix Group Holdings (PHNX) , the U.K.’s biggest manager of life-insurance funds closed to new customers, said first-half operating profit rose 43 percent as it reduced debt. Operating profit climbed to 266 million pounds ($441 million) from 186 million pounds a year earlier, Phoenix said in a statement from London today. …
- Vestas Heads for 1st Dividend in Decade After Turnaround Bloomberg - 5 hours ago
Vestas Wind Systems A/S (VWS) is heading for a first cash dividend payment in more than a decade, a sign the wind turbine industry led by its biggest manufacturer is prospering after a three-year slump. Vestas will meet its full-year solvency and profitability targets that are preconditions for a dividend payment, according …
- Bear of the Day: Tupperware (TUP) Zacks - 6 hours ago
Is the party over for this food container maker?
- Bull of the Day: Tata Motors (TTM) Zacks - 6 hours ago
Can this Indian automaker remain in the fast lane?
- [$$] Corporate Watch @ The Wall Street Journal - 7 hours ago
- First Take: PC sales come to HP's rescue @ USA TODAY - 8 hours ago
Revenue for the company's Personal Systems group, which includes PCs and notebooks, was up 12%.
- Youku: Future Margin Unclear Now, Morgan Stanley Downgrades @ Barrons.com - 9 hours ago
Following weaker-than-expected second-quarter earnings as well as weak third-quarter outlook, Morgan Stanley downgraded China's largest online video site Youku from Buy to Hold with a new price target of $22.6. The problem with Youku is that it has too much competition from larger, deep-pocketed competitors such as Tencent …
- Shares In Chinese Billionaire's Automaker Geely Fall After Profit Drops 20% @ Forbes - 9 hours ago
Hong Kong-traded shares in Geely, the Chinese automaker controlled by billionaire Li Shufu, lost 0.6% in early trade today after the company said yesterday profit and sales both dropped in the first half from a year earlier. Sales fell by 32% to 10.1 billion yuan, or $1.6 billion, and net [...]
- Geely Auto: 1H Sales Collapsed, But Margin Held Up; Magical Accounting? @ Barrons.com - 9 hours ago
Chinese automaker Geely Auto (0175.HK) surprised the market with a collapse in the first-half sales. Geely's first-half revenue fell 32% from a year ago to 10.2 billion yuan ($1.65 billion) on a 29% decline in sales volume and 3% fall in unit price. Gross profit margin rose 1.1 percentage points. Bernstein Research, …
- [video] Woodside: We can repeat robust 1H earnings @ CNBC - 11 hours ago
Peter Coleman, CEO of Woodside Petroleum, says he is confident that the oil producer can repeat its record first-half profits amid improvements in its underlying business.
- Smucker Retail Coffee Profits Fall 4% on Pricing and Ads @ The New York Times - 11 hours ago
The company reported net sales of $1.32 billion, down 2 percent.
- H-P results show the PC is alive and well @ MarketWatch - 12 hours ago
In an otherwise mixed bag of financial results for Hewlett-Packard, the big star of the show was its personal-computer business, writes Therese Poletti.
- Which Social Media Stock is Best for Your Portfolio? Zacks - 12 hours ago
We take a closer look at Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn and try to determine which is the best for investors.
- GasLog Q2 EPS growth slows Investor's Business Daily - 12 hours ago
The Monaco-based operator of liquefied natural gas transport vessels said EPS rose 18% to 13 cents, beating views by a penny. Growth slowed from a 160% jump in Q1. Revenue climbed 122% to $73.24 mil, above ...
- [$$] Maersk Raises Outlook on Strong Performance of Shipping Unit @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 hours ago
A.P. Møller-Maersk plans to buy back up to $1 billion of its own stock as the Danish conglomerate raised its full-year underlying profit outlook, helped by the performance of its Maersk Line container ...
- [$$] Retailer TJX Profit Rises on Increased Customer Traffic @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 hours ago
The parent of T.J. Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods bucked weak retail industry trends on Tuesday when it reported increased traffic and higher sales and profit.
- Cooper Tire Recoups Following Failed Apollo Tyres Deal Zacks - 13 hours ago
On Aug 19, 2014, we issued an updated research report on Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. (CTB).
- Valspar Concludes Valde Edge Coverage Powder Field Trial Zacks - 13 hours ago
Valspar (VAL) has completed successful trial of its breakthrough anti-corrosive solution Valde Edge Coverage Powder (ECP).
- Why JetBlue (JBLU) Stock Closed Up Today @ TheStreet.com - 14 hours ago
Cowen & Co. (COWN) applauded an expected change in the air carrier's strategy, in which it will start favoring shareholders over customers.
- 5 Healthcare Mutual Funds Riding the Medical Sectors Earnings Growth Zacks - 14 hours ago
The sector as a whole is showing 15.6% year over year earnings growth.
- Prudential Financial Well Placed on Expanded Market Reach Zacks - 14 hours ago
Prudential financial (PRU), the leading life insurer in U.S is poised for long term growth with a diversified product and geographic profile.
- L Brands beats Street 2Q forecasts Associated Press - 14 hours ago
L Brands Inc. (LB) on Wednesday reported fiscal second-quarter profit of $188.4 million. The Columbus, Ohio-based company said it had profit of 63 cents per share. The results topped Wall Street expectations. ...
- How Will Ford (F) Stock React To New Hybrid to Compete Against Toyota's (TM) Prius? @ TheStreet.com - 14 hours ago
Ford (F) plans to introduce a new hybrid gasoline-electric car in late 2018 to compete against Toyota's (TM) Prius.
- HP Reports In-Line, Revs Up Year Over Year Zacks - 14 hours ago
HP's fiscal Q3 earnings of 89 cents (non-GAAP) was in line with the Zacks Consensus Estimate, and revenues for the quarter of $27.6 billion beat our estimate of $27.0 billion.
- Hewlett-Packard Shares Shaky On Q3 Report Benzinga - 14 hours ago
Hewlett-Packard (NYSE: HPQ ) shares are volatile after the company announced better-than-expected third quarter earnings and raised guidance. Revenue beat analyst expectations by 2.3 percent at $27.6 billion. ...
- Why L Brands (LB) Stock Is Gaining in After-Hours Trading Today @ TheStreet.com - 14 hours ago
L Brands (LB) is gaining after-hours Wednesday after beating analysts' estimates for earnings and revenue in the second quarter.
- Stocks End Mostly Higher After Fed Minutes Morningstar - 14 hours ago
Stocks moved higher today after the release of the minutes from the last Fed meeting. Minutes from the last Fed meeting revealed that there was debate within the FOMC about raising rates sooner than expected due to improving economic data.
- Hewlett-Packard Delivers on Earnings and Guidance in Turnaround @ 24/7 Wall St. - 15 hours ago
Hewlett-Packard Co. (NYSE: HPQ) has reported its third-quarter earnings. The PC and IT-services giant had adjusted earnings of $0.89 per share. Revenues grew 1% from a year ago on a constant currency basis ...
- Record Earnings & Stronger Growth in Q2 Zacks - 15 hours ago
The 2014 Q2 earnings season is moving towards the finish line.
- Andersons Hits 52-Week High on Strong Ethanol Performance Zacks - 15 hours ago
Shares of The Andersons, Inc. (ANDE) soared to a 52-week high of $65.62 on aug 19, 2014.
- Wells Fargo Doubling Asset Management Business to $1T in 10 Years @ TheStreet.com - 15 hours ago
Wells Fargo seems to be trying to stake out its position in the changing banking world of the future to include ETFs and better serve investors.
- Why Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Stock Is Falling in After-Hours Trading Today @ TheStreet.com - 15 hours ago
Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) is falling after-hours Wednesday after beating analysts' estimates for revenue in the fiscal third quarter.
- Target's Q2 Conference Call Highlights Benzinga - 15 hours ago
Target (NYSE: TGT ) reported its second quarter results Wednesday morning. The retailer earned $0.78 per share, falling short of the consensus estimate by a penny. Revenue of $17.4 billion came in $20 ...
- How Will Bank Of America (BAC) Stock Be Impacted By $17 Billion Justice Department Settlement? @ TheStreet.com - 15 hours ago
Bank of America has reportedly agreed to pay $17 billion to settle a Justice Department investigation into the quality of the mortgage backed securities it sold before 2008.
- L Brands Q2 Earnings Preview: Profit And Gross Margin A Question Mark Benzinga - 15 hours ago
L Brands (NYSE: LB ) will report its second quarter results after market close on Wednesday. L Brands reported its first quarter results on May 21. The company earned $0.53 per share, topping analyst expectations ...
- Healthcare Enjoys Growth Trends: 3 Medical Stocks to Buy Zacks - 16 hours ago
Favorable industry trends in the pharma and bio-tech space makes the healthcare sector a lucrative investment destination.
- Monsanto Profit Growth to Slow Next Year on Corn Prices @ Bloomberg - 16 hours ago
Monsanto Co. (MON), the biggest developer of genetically modified crops, said profit in fiscal 2015 may increase less than in recent years because lower corn futures will probably constrain its ability to raise seed prices. Earnings-per-share in the fiscal year that begins Sept. 1 will increase by between 10 percent and …
- U.S. Chemical Output Up in July: Recovery Remains on Track Zacks - 16 hours ago
U.S. chemical production notched up its seventh straight monthly gain in July on healthy manufacturing gains.
- Why Mylan (MYL) Stock Is Advancing Today @ TheStreet.com - 16 hours ago
The drug company, along with private equity groups and others, reportedly made it to the second round of bidding for a portfolio of mature drugs being sold by GlaxoSmithKline (GSK).
- What to Expect When Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Reports Third-Quarter Earnings Today @ TheStreet.com - 16 hours ago
Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) reports third-quarter earnings after the market closes Wednesday, and here's what analysts are expecting from the tech company.
- Duke Realty Hits New 52-Week High on Strong Portfolio Growth Zacks - 16 hours ago
Shares of Duke Realty (DRE) touched a new 52-week high of $18.67 on Aug 19.
- F5 Networks (FFIV) Gains Momentum, Touches New 52-Week High Zacks - 16 hours ago
Shares of F5 Networks Inc. (FFIV) have gained momentum from its strong fundamentals and better-than-expected third quarter fiscal 2014 results released on Jul 23, 2014.