- Stay Away From Exxon Mobil Stock Ahead of Fourth-Quarter Earnings @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Holding Exxon stock is too great of a risk amid a jittery market that seems ready to punish anything with poor fundamentals.
- Microsoft Is Worst Dow Stock of Year @ 24/7 Wall St. - 14 hours ago
Poor earnings have hurt Microsoft so badly that its share price drop is the largest among the 30 Dow Jones Industrial Average stocks so far this year.
- Energy may see further weakness as key names report Reuters - 14 hours ago
- Can LinkedIn Recruit More Investors With Q4 Earnings? @ Investor's Business Daily - 15 hours ago
LinkedIn (LNKD) is expected to announce a third consecutive year-over-year earnings per share gain of more than 30% when it posts its Q4 results after the close Thursday. The stock continues to rebound ...
- U.S. Stocks Fall Nearly 3% on Fears That QE Has Reached Its Limits @ Barrons.com - 20 hours ago
Ostensibly, investors were disappointed by data on U.S. economic growth, but the deeper issue is a nascent feeling that the worldwide quantitative easing (QE) cycle has reached the limits of encouraging growth. At McDonald’s, Thompson settled into the C-suite in mid-2012, just after the Golden Arches’ eight-year operational …
- Amid Smartphone War, Samsung Hikes Its Payout @ Barrons.com - 20 hours ago
Samsung Electronics, a traditionally stingy tech behemoth, dividend-wise, is boosting its payout. The company pays a final dividend annually, in addition to a KRW500 interim dividend. The increase comes as Samsung (ticker:ticker::005930.Korea) battles for smartphone market share with high-end Apple and low-price Chinese …
- Research Reports @ Barrons.com - 20 hours ago
The research reports excerpted here were issued recently by investment and research firms. Many may be obtained through Thomson Reuters at www.thomson.com/financial or 800-638-8241. Some are available ...
- Last Week @ Barrons.com - 20 hours ago
Apple went against the general trend of disappointing earnings, blowing past analysts’ estimates for the holiday quarter and posting net income of $18 billion, up 38% from the year-earlier period. Yahoo! said it would spin off its nearly $40 billion stake in Alibaba Group Holding, in a tax-free move that should give Yahoo! …
- Review @ Barrons.com - 21 hours ago
Dow Indicator | Preview China reported last week the slowest GDP growth in more than two decades. A McKinsey report anticipates that Internet investments by Chinese companies could potentially contribute up to 14 trillion renminbi ($2.24 trillion), or 22% of GDP growth in the next decade. By 2025, that spending, says …
- Charting the Market @ Barrons.com - 21 hours ago
Amazon.com Investors gave Jeff Bezos the thumbs-up as the e-commerce giant returned to profit in the fourth quarter and sales rose 15%, suggesting better spending control. Harman International Industries ...
- MasterCard Profit Surges 29% @ The Wall Street Journal - 22 hours ago
MasterCard said its fourth-quarter profit jumped 29% as the credit-card company posted higher purchase volume and revenue.
- AMD Bets With a New Stack of Chips @ Barrons.com - 23 hours ago
After a tough slog in recent years, Advanced Micro Devices has begun to make real progress in its transition from semiconductor designer for consumers’ personal computers to supplier of chips powering everything from advanced avionics to the latest Microsoft Xbox. Under CEO Lisa Su, an engineer who was promoted to the …
- Tyson Foods (TSN) Earnings Report: Q1 2015 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 9:27 PM EST
The following Tyson Foods (TSN) conference call took place on January 30, 2015, 09:00 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Chevron (CVX) Earnings Report: Q4 2014 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 8:39 PM EST
The following Chevron (CVX) conference call took place on January 30, 2015, 11:00 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Simon Property Group (SPG) Earnings Report: Q4 2014 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 8:19 PM EST
The following Simon Property Group (SPG) conference call took place on January 30, 2015, 11:00 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- InPlay from Briefing.com Briefing.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 8:00 PM EST
InPlay from Briefing.com
- Google Rises: Street Sees Fairly Routine Q4 @ Barrons.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 7:34 PM EST
Shares of Google (GOOGL) today closed up $24.32, or almost 5%, at $537.55, despite the company yesterday afternoon missing Q4 revenue and earnings expectations as it dealt with the impact of the rising U.S. dollar and as prices of ads sold on its properties declined. We believe the valuation is reasonable at 18x forward …
- Xerox (XRX) Earnings Report: Q4 2014 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 7:09 PM EST
The following Xerox (XRX) conference call took place on January 30, 2015, 10:00 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Altria profit meets estimates Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 6:37 PM EST
The maker of Marlboro, Virginia Slims and other cigarettes and tobacco products earned 66 cents a share, up 16% vs. Q4 2013 and in line with analyst estimates. Revenue rose 4.8% to $4.61 bil, topping views ...
- Costco to issue $5 dividend Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 6:37 PM EST
The warehouse-club chain announced plans for a $5-per-share special dividend to return $2.2 bil to investors as its cash holdings swell. It's Costco Wholesale's (COST) 1st special payout since issuing ...
- Idexx guides '15 sales below Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 6:37 PM EST
The veterinary diagnostic and health care company's Q4 EPS rose 16% to 95 cents, beating views by 15 cents. Revenue dipped 0.6% to $351.9 mil, under views for $373.2 mil. Idexx Laboratories (IDXX) sees ...
- Google Spending Cuts Profit as Mobile Competition Hits Sales @ Bloomberg - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 6:18 PM EST
Fourth-quarter profit, excluding some items, was $6.88 a share on revenue of $14.5 billion, Google said in a statement Thursday, compared with analysts’ average projections for $7.11 and $14.7 billion. Expenses jumped as Google added more staff and real estate, while currency fluctuations dented revenue. While Facebook …
- American Savings Bank reports $12M profit in Q4 @ The Business Journals - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 6:05 PM EST
American Savings Bank reported a profit of $12 million in the fourth quarter, down slightly from $12.2 million in the fourth quarter of 2013, its parent company, Hawaiian Electric Industries, Inc., said Friday. For all of 2014, the Honolulu-based bank reported $51.5 million in profits, compared to $57.5 million in 201 …
- Google (GOOG) Earnings Report: Q4 2014 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 6:05 PM EST
The following Google (GOOG) conference call took place on January 29, 2015, 04:30 PM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Legg Mason (LM) Earnings Report: Q3 2015 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 5:48 PM EST
The following Legg Mason (LM) conference call took place on January 30, 2015, 08:00 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Amazon Spikes on Earnings Beat, Broadcom Rises on Quarterly Performance: Tech Winners & Losers @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 5:34 PM EST
Amazon soars by double digits, after posting stronger than expected earnings on the strength of its cloud business. Broadcom also rose, following its fourth-quarter earnings beat.
- Analysts Cut Alibaba Stock Estimates After Earnings @ Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 5:08 PM EST
Several analysts lowered their price targets on Alibaba (BABA), a day after the China Internet giant reported fiscal third-quarter earnings that fell short. Alibaba beat earnings views, but its revenue's ...
- Altria Forecast Trails Some Estimates as Sales Volumes Fall @ Bloomberg - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 5:06 PM EST
Profit per share in 2015 will be $2.75 to $2.80, Richmond, Virginia-based Altria said Friday in a statement. Chief Executive Officer Martin J. Barrington has raised cigarette prices to make up for falling sales as consumers quit or switch to alternatives such as electronic vaporizers. Reynolds American Inc., Altria’s …
- Horseman Capital raises position in BNY Mellon Market Realist - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 5:05 PM EST
Available in more than 100 markets worldwide, BNY Mellon’s services enable institutions and individuals to manage and service their financial assets.
- Tyco International (TYC) Stock Declines Today on Weak Guidance @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:50 PM EST
Tyco International (TYC) shares are falling after the company projected second quarter earnings below analysts' expectations.
- AbbVie Shares Slump as Hepatitis C Projections Disappoint @ Bloomberg - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:37 PM EST
The drugmaker said Friday that sales of its hepatitis C drug Viekira Pak would take until the end of 2015 to be on pace for more than $3 billion in annual sales. “The hepatitis C guidance is disappointing,” Alex Arfaei, an analyst at BMO Capital Markets Corp., said in a telephone interview. Viekira Pak is part of a new …
- Correction: Earns-United Bankshares story Associated Press - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:36 PM EST
In a story Jan. 29 about United Bankshares Inc.'s financial results, The Associated Press reported erroneously, in a report generated by Automated Insights using data from Zacks Investment Research, that ...
- Updates, advisories and surprises @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:31 PM EST
A roundup of the latest corporate earnings reports and what companies are saying about future quarters.
- Simon Property Group (SPG) Stock Drops Today on Mixed Earnings @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:27 PM EST
Simon Property Group (SPG) shares are falling after the company reported fourth quarter earnings that beat expectations but missed revenue estimates.
- Mastercard and Amazon are big market movers Associated Press - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:25 PM EST
Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Friday on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Stock Market: NYSE MasterCard Inc., up 65 cents to $82.03 The processor of debit and credit card payments ...
- Ingersoll-Rand beats expectations with five-fold increase in quarterly earnings @ The Business Journals - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:18 PM EST
Ingersoll-Rand's fourth quarter earnings shot up more than five-fold to $255.5 million, or 95 cents per share, compared with the fourth quarter a year ago. "We continued to create value in 2014 through growth, operational excellence and balanced capital allocation," says Michael Lamach, CEO of Ingersoll-Rand, in a news …
- Valero Energy (VLO) Stock Closed Higher Today After Oil Rallied @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:18 PM EST
Shares of Valero Energy (VLO) closed higher as oil prices rocketed more than 8% higher on Friday, their biggest one-day gain in two and a half years.
- American CEOs Most Bearish on Earnings Since 2008 Crisis @ Bloomberg - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:16 PM EST
The percentage of companies cutting profit forecasts during this earnings season has outpaced those with upward revisions by 8.6 percentage points, the widest margin in six years, according to data compiled by Bespoke. Plunging oil and a strengthening dollar are wreaking havoc on earnings this month as Procter & Gamble …
- Boston Properties (BXP) Earnings Report: Q4 2014 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:15 PM EST
The following Boston Properties (BXP) conference call took place on January 30, 2015, 09:00 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Coach (COH) Stock Closed Lower Today on Falling Sales @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:14 PM EST
Coach (COH) stock ended the trading session lower Friday, after the company reported a big drop in sales and profit from last year.
- United Continental (UAL) Stock Closes Lower Today as Oil Rebounds @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:14 PM EST
United Continental (UAL) stock closed lower today as oil rallied.
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Stock Closes Down Today as Oil Prices Rally @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:03 PM EST
Shares of Delta Air Lines (DAL) closed down Friday as oil prices rallied and closed more than 8% higher.
- What to Watch in the Week Ahead and on Monday, Feb. 2 Reuters - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 4:02 PM EST
Wall Street expects the media company to report earnings per share of $1.08 on Tuesday, up from $1.03 a year earlier, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. Hurt by generic competition for its Singulair asthma drug and its Nasonex allergy treatment, Merck & Co is expected to report lower fourth-quarter earnings on Wednesday. …
- Exxon Mobil Earnings: What to Watch @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 3:53 PM EST
EARNINGS FORECAST: Net income of $1.34 a share is the consensus of analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters, compared with $1.91 in the prior-year period.
- Mattel’s profits, sales fall as Barbie disappoints @ The Business Journals - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 3:52 PM EST
Mattel Inc. reported a 59 percent plunge in fourth-quarter profits, dragged down by falling sales of key brands such as Barbie and Fisher-Price. El Segundo-based Mattel(Nasdaq: MAT), which released preliminary ...
- Barrick Gold (ABX) Stock Higher Today as Gold Gains @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 3:46 PM EST
Shares of Barrick Gold (ABX) are up as gold moved higher on Friday, a day after a 2% slide on expectations for a U.S. interest rate rise.
- Nabors Industries (NBR) Stock Higher Today as Oil Prices Rally @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 3:36 PM EST
Shares of Nabors Industries (NBR) are up as oil prices rocketed more than 8% higher on Friday, their biggest one-day gain in two and a half years.
- Hanesbrands (HBI) Stock Declines Today on Weak 2015 Guidance @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 3:34 PM EST
Hanesbrands (HBI) shares are falling after the company issued weak full year revenue guidance.
- InvenSense Falls: Apple, Samsung Biz Pressures Prices; Bulls Defend @ Barrons.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 3:32 PM EST
Shares of sensor make InvenSense (INVN) are down 79 cents, or 5%, at $15.02, recovering from the worst of last night's sell-off in late trading, when the stock dropped 12% despite the company beat fiscal Q3 expectations and offered an above-consensus Q4 view. Brian Blair of Rosenblatt Securities, who has a Neutral rating …
- Lower Oil Prices Help Truck Demand, Paccar Says @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 3:31 PM EST
Lower oil prices should cause more U.S. consumer spending, which will stimulate demand for commercial trucks this year, Paccar said.