- One Website Picks Favorite Dividend Stocks With a Growth Kicker @ Barrons.com - 43 minutes ago
Dividend stocks, almost by definition, tend to not offer investors much capital appreciation potential to go along with their rich cash payouts. That's because companies that pay out a lot of cash tend ...
- Delta Among Most Innovative Airlines of 2014: IdeaWorksCompany @ 24/7 Wall St. - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
IdeaWorksCompany has announced its list of the five airlines that have demonstrated "the greatest prowess in the areas of ancillary revenue, a la carte pricing, and loyalty marketing."
- Top Dividend Stocks in Three Sectors to Buy for Growth and Income in 2015 @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 33 minutes ago
Some dividend stocks deliver both growth and income. Here are some top picks for the new year.
- Why EMC Posted 13-Year High on Friday @ 24/7 Wall St. - 3 hours ago
What is making EMC's stock so attractive, the company's performance or activist investors seeking higher returns?
- Last-Minute Holiday Sales Look Encouraging for U.S. Retailers @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
A strengthening U.S. economy likely made this holiday season a relatively merry one for retailers.
- Short Interest in Sprint Rises @ 24/7 Wall St. - 6 hours ago
Is it any wonder short sellers like Sprint? Its financial struggles and risky efforts to add subscribers have continued as it operates in the shadows of much larger rivals.
- Short Interest in Facebook Rises Slightly @ 24/7 Wall St. - 6 hours ago
In the most recently reported period, the number of Facebook shares sold short rose slightly.
- Apple’s Short Interest Plummets @ 24/7 Wall St. - 7 hours ago
Maybe the market has reacted so sharply to the rise in Apple's stock that short sellers of the shares have abandoned them in droves.
- Bulls shop for Conn's comeback optionMONSTER - 8 hours ago
Someone apparently thinks that Conn's is ready for a comeback. optionMONSTER's Heat Seeker monitoring program detected heavy call volume in the beaten-down retailer on Wednesday. About 5,900 January 19s ...
- Traders give Rite Aid time to rally optionMONSTER - 9 hours ago
Traders are looking Rite Aid to rally by the second half of next year. optionMONSTER's Heat Seeker detected heavy buying in the July 7 calls, with more than 6,000 contracts trading for $1.10 to $1.15. ...
- AQR Capital increases position in Biogen Idec Market Realist - Thu, Dec 25, 2014 8:59 AM EST
Biogen Idec is a global biotechnology company focused on discovering, developing, manufacturing, and marketing therapies for a variety of diseases.
- AQR Capital increases stake in Intel Market Realist - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 2:59 PM EST
Intel generated ~$5.7 billion in cash from operations. The company paid quarterly dividends of $1.1 billion and repurchased 122 million shares for $4.2 billion.
- Noble Corp. (NE) Stock Is Down Today as Oil Prices Decline @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 12:28 PM EST
Noble Corp. (NE) is falling Wednesday as oil prices resume their decline.
- Continental Resources (CLR) Stock Is Down Today as Oil Prices Drop @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 11:48 AM EST
Continental Resources (CLR) is falling Wednesday as oil prices resume their decline.
- Spirit AeroSystems turned the financial corner in 2014 @ The Business Journals - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 11:45 AM EST
Spirit AeroSystems turned the financial corner in 2014 Daniel McCoy When CEO Larry Lawson came to Spirit AeroSystems Inc. in 2013, he made it clear there would be a strong focus on cash. "When you ...
- Coffee Giant Starbucks Must Address 2 Nagging Challenges in 2015 @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 11:08 AM EST
If its rapid growth is to continue, Starbucks will have to tackle the issues of crowded lines at its stores and slowing traffic due to more mobile purchasing by consumers.
- The Two Best Big Banks for 2015 @ Barrons.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 11:02 AM EST
MKM Partners Volatility hurt more than it helped in the fourth quarter. Markets are obviously unpredictable, but trading units can usually manage through some level of volatility to positive effect. However, ...
- AQR Capital raises position in Gilead Sciences Market Realist - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 10:59 AM EST
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative medicines for life-threatening illnesses around the world.
- Amira Nature Foods (ANFI) Stock Spiking Today on Guidance Hike @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 10:54 AM EST
Amira Nature Foods (ANFI) stock is rising after the company increased its fiscal 2015 guidance.
- CalAmp (CAMP) Stock Is Falling Today on Low Guidance @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 10:51 AM EST
CalAmp (CAMP) is falling Wednesday after guiding below analysts' estimates for revenue in the fiscal fourth quarter.
- Energy XXI (EXXI) Stock Lower Today as Oil Prices Slump @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 10:35 AM EST
Energy XXI (EXXI) stock is down as oil prices slump.
- NQ Mobile (NQ) Stock Continues to Spike Today on Share Buyback Program @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 9:56 AM EST
NQ Mobile (NQ) stock is rising off of the company's $80 million share buyback program.
- Will FirstEnergy (FE) Stock be Helped Today by This Price Target Increase? @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 9:13 AM EST
Jefferies raised its price target today for FirstEnergy (FE) to $47 from $45 and maintained its 'buy' rating.
- American Realty Capital Properties (ARCP) Stock Falls After Receiving Waiver From Lenders @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 8:59 AM EST
American Realty Capital Properties (ARCP) is falling in pre-market trading Wednesday after announcing it received another waiver from lenders.
- Walgreen Shares Rise on Earnings Beat: What Wall Street's Saying @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 8:55 AM EST
Walgreen's fiscal first-quarter earnings beat analysts' expectations, fueled by pharmacy sales growth. Here's what analysts said.
- Here's a Reason Citigroup (C) Stock May Gain Today @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 8:47 AM EST
The company will reportedly announce the sale of its long-standing retail business in Japan to Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp.
- Will Walmart (WMT) Stock be Affected Today by Minimum Wage Hikes at Hundreds of Stores? @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 8:22 AM EST
Minimum wage increases across the U.S. will reportedly prompt the largest private employer in the country to adjust base salaries at 1,434 stores.
- Will 3M (MMM) Stock be Affected Today by This Analyst Downgrade? @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 8:05 AM EST
Shares of 3M (MMM) are slightly down in pre-market trading after Langenberg & Co. downgraded the company to 'hold' from 'buy' while raising its price target to $170 from $160.
- Conglomerate Stocks: Year in Review and Where to Profit in 2015 @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 6:03 AM EST
In 2014, investors showed they were not as patient with conglomerates as some business models often require. Here's how to think about 2015.
- 'Fast Money' Recap: Are There Any Values Left in the Market? @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 5:00 AM EST
The trading panel looked at Twitter, Alibaba and GoPro.
- What is the difference between gross margin and net margin? @ Investopedia - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 6:10 PM EST
Learn the basics of gross profit margin and net profit margin, including how each is calculated and interpreted as a metric of business profitability.
- Updates, advisories and surprises @ MarketWatch - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 6:01 PM EST
A roundup of the latest corporate earnings reports and what companies are saying about future quarters.
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM) Stock Falling in After-Hours Trading Today on Earnings Miss @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 4:48 PM EST
Cal-Maine Foods (CALM) stock is down in after-hours trading after the company's fiscal 2015 second quarter profit missed expectations.
- Will Wells Fargo (WFC) Stock be Affected by Credit Union Regulator's Lawsuit? @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 4:48 PM EST
Wells Fargo (WFC) shares closed trading up on the day the bank was sued by the National Credit Union Administration for alleged dereliction of its mortgage-backed securities trustee duties.
- Cal-Maine Foods shares fall on earnings miss @ MarketWatch - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 4:41 PM EST
Cal-Maine Foods Inc. shares fell in the extended session Tuesday after the egg producer’s quarterly earnings fell short of the Wall Street consensus.
- Chesapeake Energy (CHK) Stock Closed Up Today on $1 Billion Share Buyback Following Asset Sale @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 4:34 PM EST
Chesapeake Energy (CHK) stock was sharply up Tuesday after the company announced its $1 billion share buyback plan this morning.
- CalAmp tops 3Q profit forecasts Associated Press - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 4:18 PM EST
The Oxnard, California-based company said it had profit of 11 cents per share. Earnings, adjusted for pretax expenses and amortization costs, came to 25 cents per share. The results beat Wall Street expectations. ...
- CalAmp (CAMP) Stock Falls in After-Hours Trading on Light Guidance @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 4:16 PM EST
CalAmp (CAMP) is falling after-hours Friday after guiding below analysts' estimates for revenue for the fiscal fourth quarter.
- Cal-Maine Foods' stock falls after profit miss @ MarketWatch - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 4:14 PM EST
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Shares of Cal-Maine Foods fell 1% in after-hours trade Tuesday, after the egg producer reported a fiscal second-quarter profit that was below expectations. For the quarter ended ...
- Ford (F) Stock Gains Today on Better-Than-Expected December Sales Estimates @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 3:12 PM EST
Ford Motor (F) shares are climbing after analysts predict a 3.9% increase in December sales.
- Walgreens Analyst Roundup Following Q1 Earnings Benzinga - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 3:04 PM EST
Shares of Walgreen Company (NYSE: WAG ) surged over 3 percent Tuesday to $77.13 after beating Q1 earnings expectations . ISI Group’s Ross Muken noted that Walgreen’s management “expressed commitment to ...
- Ciena (CIEN) Stock Gains on Analyst Comments @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 3:00 PM EST
Ciena (CIEN) is gaining Tuesday following a positive note from Cowen.
- What's an example of a P&L statement? @ Investopedia - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 2:33 PM EST
Understand the basic components of a P&L statement, and how these components are presented in compiling this fundamental financial statement.
- One Factor Driving Up Exxon Mobil (XOM) Stock Today @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 2:21 PM EST
Exxon Mobil (XOM) shares are climbing after delegates from OPEC said that oil could reach as high as $80 by the end of next year.
- Third-quarter U.S. economic growth strongest in 11 years Reuters - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 2:00 PM EST
- Here's a Factor Helping U.S. Steel (X) Stock Today @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 1:42 PM EST
Shares of U.S. Steel (X) are up as Brent crude oil steadied above $61, easing preoccupations that there could be less demand for steel products the oil sector uses.
- Walgreen (WAG) Earnings Report: Q1 2015 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 1:33 PM EST
The following Walgreen (WAG) conference call took place on December 23, 2014, 08:30 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Avis Budget (CAR) Stock Gains After Hedge Fund Discloses Stake @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 12:59 PM EST
Avis Budget (CAR) is gaining Tuesday following news that Glenview Capital Management took a stake in the company, and after rival car rental company Hertz (HTZ) raised its rental prices.
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Stock Higher Today as CEO Sees Strong Turnaround Chances @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 12:57 PM EST
Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) are up today, extending gains of more than 7% since Friday, as CEO John Chen's turnaround strategy reportedly starts to come to fruition.
- American Apparel (APP) Stock Tumbling Today After Charney Said He’s Down to Last $100,000 @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 12:56 PM EST
American Apparel (APP) stock is sharply down this afternoon following comments by former CEO and founder Dov Charney.