- H&M Profit Beats Expectations @ The Wall Street Journal - 43 minutes ago
Swedish clothing retailer Hennes & Mauritz reported a stronger-than-expected rise in net profit for the fourth quarter, and said that it plans to open 400 new stores in 2015.
- STMicro Warns of Slack Sales @ The Wall Street Journal - 43 minutes ago
STMicroelectronics, Europe’s largest semiconductor maker, expects weaker demand for its chips early this year as it swung into the black in the fourth quarter, with lower costs offsetting a decline in ...
- STMicro posts in-line Q4, sees return to revenue growth Reuters - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
FRANKFURT/PARIS, Jan 28 (Reuters) - Europe's largest semiconductor maker, STMicroelectronics, on Wednesday reported fourth-quarter results in line with expectations and said it expected to return to revenue growth in 2015, thanks in part to the benefit of a weaker euro. The company reported fourth-quarter revenue of …
- InPlay from Briefing.com Briefing.com - 1 hour 13 minutes ago
InPlay from Briefing.com
- LG Display Q4 profit at four-year high, 2015 growth seen strong Reuters - 1 hour 34 minutes ago
South Korea's LG Display Co Ltd booked its highest quarterly profit in almost four years on Wednesday, buoyed by firm demand for liquid crystal displays (LCD) from television makers and client Apple Inc. Apple also reported record iPhone sales for the fiscal quarter ended Dec. 27 and plans to launch a new smartwatch in …
- LG Display sees first quarter profit falling from fourth quarter on seasonally weak demand Reuters - 1 hour 35 minutes ago
South Korea's LG Display Co Ltd said on Wednesday that profit in the first quarter would decline from the preceding quarter, as the display maker enters a seasonally weak period for consumer electronics ...
- Roche Forecasts Higher Earnings After 2014 EPS Misses Estimates @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 50 minutes ago
Roche Holding AG (ROG) , the world’s biggest seller of cancer drugs, forecast that revenue and profit will increase in 2015 after last year’s earnings missed analysts’ estimates. Sales will increase by a “low to mid-single digit” percentage and core earnings per share growth will exceed that, Basel, Switzerland-based Roche …
- Apple iPhone sales trample expectations as profit sets global record Reuters - 2 hours 12 minutes ago
Apple Inc quarterly results smashed Wall Street expectations with record sales of big-screen iPhones in the holiday shopping season and a 70 percent rise in China sales, powering the company to the largest profit in corporate history. Apple's cash pile is now $178 billion, enough to buy IBM or the equivalent to $556 for …
- CIT Group’s Profit Soars as it Routs Expectations @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 49 minutes ago
CIT Group Inc. said its profit nearly doubled in the most recent quarter as the firm reported an increase in net finance margin and continued growth of its commercial business.
- Apple posts record quarterly earnings on soaring iPhone sales @ Los Angeles Times - 4 hours ago
Apple Inc.'s decision last year to enlarge the iPhone screen fattened the company's wallet too.
- Electronic Arts Reports Profitable Holiday Season @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
Electronic Arts swung to a profit on stronger than expected revenue in the holiday quarter, as more consumers snapped up software for discounted videogame consoles and downloaded more digital content.
- Apple ascendant: 74.5M iPhones sold last quarter @ USA TODAY - 6 hours ago
Record iPhone sales -- 74.5million -- send Apple shares in orbit, up 5%. Apple Watch to ship in April.
- Prologis (PLD) Earnings Report: Q4 2014 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
The following Prologis (PLD) conference call took place on January 27, 2015, 12:00 PM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Apple shatters iPhone sales record; Apple Watch to ship in April @ Los Angeles Times - 7 hours ago
Apple Inc. sold nearly 74.5 million iPhones during the last three months of 2014 -- more than in all of its fiscal year 2011 -- powering a quarter of record profit that soared past Wall Street expectations....
- Here’s How Apple’s $18 Billion IPhone-Fueled Profit Stacks Up Bloomberg - 7 hours ago
Apple Inc. (AAPL) reported a record $18 billion in quarterly profit today, one of the biggest in corporate history, fueled by holiday sales of larger-screened iPhones. Just how does that three-month haul ...
- Yahoo shares jump; company to spin off Alibaba stake @ USA TODAY - 7 hours ago
Yahoo shares jump after company says it will spin off $40 billion stake in Alibaba into a new company.
- Lockheed Martin (LMT) Earnings Report: Q4 2014 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
The following Lockheed Martin (LMT) conference call took place on January 27, 2015, 11:00 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- AT&T losing war on mobile battleground @ Financial Times - 7 hours ago
AT&T lost more than 100,000 of its most lucrative mobile phone customers in the final three months of 2014, as the second-largest US wireless carrier fell victim to a bruising industry price war being ...
- Amgen Profit Rises 27% on Higher Sales of Key Drugs @ The Wall Street Journal - 7 hours ago
Amgen Inc. said its fourth-quarter earnings rose 27%, as sales growth was again driven by key drugs such as cancer therapy drug Kyprolis and osteoporosis treatment Prolia.
- Biz Break: Apple earnings are like nothing Silicon Valley has seen before @ San Jose Mercury News - 8 hours ago
Today: Apple announces the most dominating quarter in its history, showing how far ahead it is of the rest of Silicon Valley. Also: Yahoo spins off Alibaba holdings and beats expectations.
- AT&T posts $4B loss on expenses, wireless sales up @ USA TODAY - 8 hours ago
AT&T reports $4 billion in net loss due to higher expenses and flat sales in the wireline unit.
- VMware adjusted profit beats Street for eighth quarter in a row Reuters - 8 hours ago
- VMware adj profit beats Street for 8th qtr in a row Reuters - 8 hours ago
Virtualization software maker VMware Inc's adjusted profit beat the average analyst estimate for the eighth straight quarter due to strong demand for its products that help cut the cost of moving data ...
- Freeport, Carrizo cut budgets Investor's Business Daily - 8 hours ago
Mining company Freeport-McMoRan's (FCX) Q4 EPS plunged 70% to 25 cents, missing views by 10 cents. Revenue fell 11% to $5.23 bil, beating views for $4.9 bil. Freeport sees about $6 bil in capital expenditures ...
- Corning tops on Gorilla sales Investor's Business Daily - 8 hours ago
The maker of tough Gorilla Glass reported a 55% jump in Q4 EPS to 45 cents, beating forecasts by 7 cents a share. It was Corning's (GLW) 4th straight quarter of accelerating earnings growth. Revenue for ...
- Illumina beats on huge EPS rise Investor's Business Daily - 8 hours ago
The maker of gene sequencing systems earned 87 cents a share in Q4, a 93% rise from last year that topped views by 9 cents. Revenue grew 32% to $512 mil, above estimates for $506 mil. Illumina (ILMN) says ...
- Apple EPS Soars 48% As iPhones Top Views Investor's Business Daily - 8 hours ago
Wall Street expected Apple to report a huge holiday quarter, and it didn't disappoint. The iPhone maker's earnings and sales smashed even the most optimistic expectations, sending shares higher late Tuesday. ...
- Juniper Networks Q4 Net Beats Views; Stock Rallies Benzinga - 8 hours ago
Juniper Networks, Inc. (NYSE: JNPR ) gained in Tuesday's extended session after posting results that beat profit expectations, even as revenue fell 14 percent. The Sunnyvale, California network infrastructure ...
- Juniper Networks profit beats as cost cuts bear fruit Reuters - 8 hours ago
Juniper, which gets about two-thirds of its revenue from telecom companies, said in April that it would reduce its 9,483-strong workforce by about 6 percent and focus on its high-growth businesses. Juniper's operating expenses fell about 13.4 pct to $526.9 million in the fourth quarter, excluding a non-cash goodwill impairment …
- Freeport-McMoran (FCX) Earnings Report: Q4 2014 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - 8 hours ago
The following Freeport-McMoran (FCX) conference call took place on January 27, 2015, 10:00 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Apple Profit Rises 38% to Record High -- Recap @ The Wall Street Journal - 8 hours ago
Apple reported it sold 74.5 million iPhones over the holidays. Profit rose 38% to a record high. We live-blogged the report and the call with analysts.
- Updates, advisories and surprises @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
A roundup of the latest corporate earnings reports and what companies are saying about future quarters.
- US Steel tops Street 4Q forecasts Associated Press - 8 hours ago
United States Steel Corp. on Tuesday reported fourth-quarter results that topped Wall Street expectations. The Pittsburgh steelmaker's shares gained 8.6 percent in aftermarket trading. U.S. Steel said ...
- United Community Financial posts 4Q profit Associated Press - 8 hours ago
The Youngstown, Ohio-based company said it had profit of 6 cents per share. The bank holding company posted revenue of $16.3 million in the period. For the year, the company reported profit of $50.2 million, ...
- Cytec reports 4Q loss Associated Press - 8 hours ago
On a per-share basis, the West Paterson, New Jersey-based company said it had a loss of 41 cents. Earnings, adjusted for non-recurring costs and to account for discontinued operations, were 66 cents per ...
- Abiomed shares jump on earnings beat, outlook @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Abiomed Inc. shares jumped in the extended session Tuesday after the medical device maker's quarterly results surged past Wall Street estimates and provided a bullish outlook. ...
- VMware profit exceeds analysts' estimates on new contracts @ San Jose Mercury News - 8 hours ago
VMware, the software maker whose parent company, EMC, has been targeted by an activist investor, reported fourth-quarter profit that exceeded analysts' estimates as customers signed new multiyear deals....
- Drug Firms Report Good Q4, But Outlook Cloudy @ Investor's Business Daily - 8 hours ago
Four big drug companies gave mixed fourth-quarter reports and guidance Tuesday as patent losses and foreign-exchange rates clouded the near-term future, while gene-sequencer Illumina posted better-than-expected ...
- Apple liveblog: iPhone crushes estimates but forex issues loom @ MarketWatch - 8 hours ago
Apple's latest earnings results and analyst call likely to focus on iPhone sales and ApplePay.
- U.S. Steel Tops Wall Street Views @ The Wall Street Journal - 8 hours ago
U.S. Steel Corp. reported fourth-quarter earnings well above Wall Street estimates Tuesday as its ongoing “Carnegie Way” efficiency efforts helped results.
- Affiliated Managers Group (AMG) Earnings Report: Q4 2014 Conference Call Transcript @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
The following Affiliated Managers Group (AMG) conference call took place on January 27, 2015, 11:00 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
- Electronic Arts tops 3Q profit, sales forecasts Associated Press - 9 hours ago
Electronic Arts Inc. on Tuesday reported fiscal third-quarter net income of $142 million, after reporting a loss in the same period a year earlier. The Redwood City, California-based company said it had ...
- UMB posts 4Q profit Associated Press - 9 hours ago
The Kansas City, Missouri-based bank said it had earnings of 59 cents per share. The results fell short of Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research ...
- U.S. Steel Q4 Net Falls But Beats Views Benzinga - 9 hours ago
United States Steel Corporation (NYSE: X ) gained in Tuesday's extended session after the company beat fourth-quarter expectations despite declining steel prices. Shares of the company jumped more than ...
- Record iPhone sales drive blowout quarter for Apple Associated Press - 9 hours ago
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Apple had another blowout quarter thanks to its new plus-sized iPhones, which helped the company smash sales records for the holiday season.
- Ezcorp misses Street 1Q forecasts Associated Press - 9 hours ago
On a per-share basis, the Austin, Texas-based company said it had profit of 28 cents. Earnings, adjusted to account for discontinued operations, were 26 cents per share. The results fell short of Wall ...
- ViewPoint tops 4Q profit forecasts Associated Press - 9 hours ago
On a per-share basis, the Plano, Texas-based company said it had profit of 14 cents. Earnings, adjusted for one-time gains and costs, were 29 cents per share. The results surpassed Wall Street expectations. ...
- Amgen fourth-quarter earnings, revenue beat estimates @ Los Angeles Times - 9 hours ago
Amgen Inc., the Thousand Oaks biopharmaceutical giant, said its fourth-quarter earnings jumped 27%, beating analysts' estimates, on strong sales of its arthritis drug Enbrel.
- Apple is now a must-own stock: Analyst CNBC - 9 hours ago
- Apple’s iPhone Sales Top Estimates for Holiday Quarter Bloomberg - 9 hours ago
Apple shares rose as much as 6.7 percent in extended trading Tuesday after the company reported that sales of iPhones during the quarter ended Dec. 27 rose 46 percent to 74.5 million units, topping analysts' average estimate of 64.9 million. The sales helped push Apple's fiscal first-quarter profit to a record $18 billion, …