- This Undervalued, Oversold High-Dividend Stock Now Has 4 High-Yield Dividends To Offer @ Seeking Alpha - 1 hour 1 minute ago
Shopping for steady high-yield income? Seaspan, ( SSW ), not only has oversold common shares with a 5%-plus dividend yield, it also recently introduced a new, E-series preferred dividend, (SSW-E), which ...
- GM Says the New Silverado Is Doing Better Than You Think @ Motley Fool - 1 hour 26 minutes ago
Sales were down again in February -- but that's not the whole story, says GM.
- 3 Consumer Companies Thriving in Spite of the Cold Weather @ Motley Fool - 4 hours ago
Foot Locker, Boston Beer, and L Brands aren't making any excuses and delivering sound performance in spite of the harsh weather. This speaks wonders about these companies and their management teams.
- Royalties Trouble Ahead for Qualcomm? @ Motley Fool - 4 hours ago
As smartphones become more ubiquitous around the world, their average selling prices, or ASPs, are likely to fall.This will mean lower royalties for Qualcomm for every smartphone sold, since it collects ...
- A Big Quarter for Big Lots? Take a Closer Look @ Motley Fool - 7 hours ago
Shares of Big Lots surged following the release of fourth quarter earnings; however, the news was not all good.
- AMD Could Still Double in 2014, At Intel’s Expense @ 24/7 Wall St. - 9 hours ago
Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (NYSE: AMD) had an unusual end-of-week gain. It was a move that would have been missed by many investors. Still, this all fits in with the ongoing theme of a turnaround. 24/7 ...
- Will Recent Apple Moves Be the Engine for Success? @ Motley Fool - 9 hours ago
New CFO, retail head, and an overseas hiring binge could be the start of a new growth phase.
- Can Krispy Creme Cook Up An Earnings Beat? @ Motley Fool - 10 hours ago
Krispy Kreme is set to report fourth-quarter results for fiscal 2013, so let's take a look and see if we should buy shares before the release.
- Wells Fargo: A Good Dividend Pick? @ Seeking Alpha - 11 hours ago
Wells Fargo ( WFC ) is one of the largest banks in the U.S. with a market cap of $245 billion. The bank suffered from severe economic downturn and faced critical situation during the financial meltdown ...
- Money Woes, Frantic Schedules, Crazy Weather -- Nothing Can Stop this Dollar Store Chain @ Motley Fool - 11 hours ago
Despite a shortened holiday season, cold temperatures, a bad economy, and storms, shoppers flocked to Dollar Tree stores. Is there more good news in store at the other dollar store chains?
- Costco Misses Earnings: Time to Sell or Buying Opportunity? @ Motley Fool - 12 hours ago
Is the recent earnings miss from Costco a buying opportunity or a reason to sell?
- [$$] General Dynamics Raises Payout @ Barrons.com - 17 hours ago
Dividends are again gaining altitude at General Dynamics. General Dynamics has paid dividends without interruption since 1979. On Tuesday, the shares (GD) took off to a new 52-week high of $113.57 on the New York Stock Exchange. In February, Jefferies raised its price target on General Dynamics to $125 a share;
- [$$] Research Reports @ Barrons.com - 17 hours ago
Many may be obtained through Thomson Reuters at thomson.com/financial or 800-638-8241. Dillard's • DDS-NYSE Neutral • Price $91.27 on March 4 by Credit Suisse We are downgrading the apparel and furnishings retailer to Neutral from Outperform.
- [$$] Bank Payouts Are Pointing Up @ Barrons.com - 17 hours ago
Many banks are expected to increase their quarterly dividend payments soon, edging decisively away from the dark days of the 2007-08 meltdown. During the credit crisis, troubled banks were forced to cut dividend payments in return for taxpayer money to stanch self-inflicted wounds. If the banks pass pending Federal Reserve …
- Markets End Mixed on "Jobs Friday" @ Motley Fool - 23 hours ago
Nike gets a boost as one of its retailers posts better than expected earnings.
- [$$] Verizon to Buy Back Up to 100 Million Shares @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:50 PM EST
Verizon Communications Inc. on Friday said its board has authorized the company to repurchase up to 100 million shares as the period for its previous buyback program wrapped up.
- Buckle February Comps Decline Zacks - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:30 PM EST
Buckle witnessed a 1.4% fall in comparable-store sales (comps) for the 4 weeks ended Mar 1, 2014.
- This Fund Closed in a Positive Terrain as Boeing Continued Its Uptrend GuruFocus.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:30 PM EST
Over the past days hedge funds have been filing their form 13-F, which is a quarterly report of equity holdings by filed institutional investment managers with at least $100 million in equity assets under ...
- Why Palo Alto Networks (PANW) Spiked on Friday @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:29 PM EST
Palo Alto Networks (PANW) soared on Friday afternoon on a mistrial ruling in its infringement suit with Juniper Networks (JNPR).
- Why Salesforce.com (CRM) Was Down Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:25 PM EST
In a filing Tuesday the company said that it could not distinguish between revenue from subscriptions from new customers and upgrades from existing ones.
- BNY Mellon's Revenue Growth on Track Zacks - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:15 PM EST
On Mar 5, 2014, we issued an updated research report on The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation.
- Why iPhone market share loss is the main reason for Apple’s drop Market Realist - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:13 PM EST
The stock dropped about 9% in a single trading session after the company released its latest earnings report for fiscal Q1 2014 quarter on January 27, 2014.
- 3D Systems Is Most Certainly A Good Buy In 2014 @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:11 PM EST
With the economic revolution three-dimensional printing technology presents to the world, investors are asking the more tangible question about major industry player, 3D Systems ( DDD ). Is their stock ...
- Superior Industries International Management Discusses Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:10 PM EST
Stephen J. Borick Good morning, everybody, or afternoon. So as all of you can see we had good results for the year and we're moving forward in 2014 with some very exciting information and news that I'm ...
- Fund Managers Mason Hawkins, Chase Coleman Add to Positions GuruFocus.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:58 PM EST
Chase Coleman (Trades, Portfolio) of Tiger Global Management and Mason Hawkins (Trades, Portfolio) of Southeastern Asset Management both found two stocks within their portfolios worth growing this week....
- [$$] Bed Bath & Beyond Cuts Fourth-Quarter Guidance @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:57 PM EST
The home-furnishings retailer said individual stores closed for a full day 464 times in the quarter because of severe weather, contributing to the lower earnings estimate.
- Bed Bath & Beyond says weather hampers 4Q profit Associated Press - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:56 PM EST
Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. said Friday that cold weather put the chill on its fourth-quarter profit. The Union, N.J., company, which operates Bed Bath & Beyond, Cost Plus World Market and other stores, is ...
- Bed Bath & Beyond Warns Q4 Earnings Hit by 'Adverse Weather' TheStreet.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:54 PM EST
Bed Bath & Beyond is the latest retail chain to warn that Wall Street's expectations of $1.65 a share on $3.26 billion of revenue for the most recent quarter are too high.
- Verizon (VZ) Declares 53c Quarterly Dividend @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:51 PM EST
Verizon (VZ) declares a quarterly dividend of 53 cents a share, payable on May 1 to all shareholders of record as of April 10.
- Bed, Bath & Beyond cuts forecast @ MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:50 PM EST
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Bed, Bath & Beyond Inc. on Friday cut its fiscal fourth-quarter outlook after snowstorms led to 464 times a store was closed for a full day and 1,923 times a store was closed ...
- Blue Light Specials In The Market: Financials @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:42 PM EST
This week's circular brings a list of Blue Light Specials in the Financials Aisle of the stock market. Consumer DiscretionaryConsumer StaplesEnergy Financials Health CareIndustrialsInformation TechnologyMaterialsTelecomUtilities...
- Why Twitter Is Falling Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:28 PM EST
Twitter released its annual report on Thursday and the market responded negatively to it today. Twitter closed down 2.4% at $53.53.
- Why Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold (FCX) Is Down Today (Update) @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:24 PM EST
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (FCX) dips on Friday after the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the largest copper producer in Africa, announced to miners that it would start an electricity-rationing program ...
- Pall Corp. Hits 52-Week High Zacks - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:20 PM EST
Shares of Pall Corp. reached a 52-week high of $87.24 on Thursday, Mar 6, 2014.
- Foot Locker's CEO Discusses Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:19 PM EST
Lauren B. Peters We sure do, John. Thank you, and let me thank all of you who have joined us this morning to cover the details of a Foot Locker’s 2013 results and to hear about our current view of 2014....
- Penn West Petroleum's CEO Discusses Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Our actual results could differ materially from any conclusions, forecasts or projections in such forward-looking information. Such material factors and assumptions were applied in drawing any conclusions ...
- Why Checkpoint Systems, Inc. Shares Dropped Today @ Motley Fool - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:15 PM EST
Is Checkpoint's plunge meaningful? Or just another movement?
- Is the Law of Large Numbers Finally Catching up with Ross Stores? @ Motley Fool - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:07 PM EST
Erstwhile high-flyer Ross Stores has disappointed its investors for the second quarter running. The recovering economy is partly to blame for this, as is the company's blistering past growth rate, which ...
- This Brewer Is Focused on the Future @ Motley Fool - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 3:55 PM EST
In a recent conference call, the Boston Beer Company made it clear that it will forsake short-term results for long-term earnings.
- Big Lots' CEO Discusses Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 3:55 PM EST
Tim Johnson Thanks, Andy and good morning everyone. For the fourth quarter of fiscal 2013 U.S. comparable store sales decreased 3% which was consistent with our guidance previously provided on December ...
- Why Ambarella (AMBA) Is Falling Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 3:55 PM EST
Shares of Ambarella (AMBA) are falling Friday after the company announced it expects lower gross margins in the first quarter, and despite beating analysts' estimates for earnings and revenue in the fourth ...
- 21Vianet (VNET) Tumbles Despite Earnings Win @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 3:49 PM EST
21Vianet (VNET) tumbled on Friday despite posting better-than-expected earnings and sales for its fourth quarter.
- Tyco Shareholders Approve Dividend Hike Zacks - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 3:45 PM EST
Tyco recently got shareholders' approval for increasing its dividend payout.
- Logitech Up on Higher Guidance Zacks - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 3:37 PM EST
Logitech International recently provided an encouraging outlook for fiscal 2014 and 2015 on its Analyst and Investor Day on Mar 6, 2014.
- [$$] Foot Locker Run Has Legs @ Barrons.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 3:31 PM EST
While many retailers are grumbling about lousy weather hurting business, Foot Locker is outrunning nature's elements. The footwear retailer announced better-than-expected fiscal fourth-quarter earnings of $121 million, or 81 cents per share, easily exceeding the consensus estimates of $112 million and 76 cents per share, …
- Qualcomm Should Tread Carefully Amid Smartphone Saturation, China Troubles @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 3:26 PM EST
Having ridden the mobile revolution to new highs, Qualcomm ( QCOM ) rewarded its shareholders with the announcement of a 20% hike in quarterly dividends and the addition of $5 billion to its share buyback ...
- McDermott Wins Multiple Contract Zacks - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 3:10 PM EST
McDermott International has won three consecutive contracts, the most recent one from Brunei Shell Petroleum Company Sdn. Bhd.
- Weather Lowers Fred's February Sales Zacks - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 3:05 PM EST
Bad weather in February marred the sales results at discount retailer Fred's Inc. in February 2014
- Why Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies (QTWW) Is Up Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 2:57 PM EST
Shares of Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies (QTWW) are gaining Friday following fourth quarter results that beat analysts' revenue estimates.
- Market Boost Bolsters Household Worth @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 2:56 PM EST
By David Urani So we got an employment report that was better than anticipated, with 175k jobs being added in what really could have been a worse month with the weather and all. And now the ball goes into ...