- [$$] GE CEO Plans to Cut Costs, Increase Sales @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 33 minutes ago
Chief Executive Jeff Immelt pledged to cut costs and boost sales at the conglomerate's industrial businesses, as the company tries to improve profits despite a smaller contribution from its giant lending ...
- Oracle shares volatile after earnings @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
Oracle shares trade between slight gains and losses in the extended session, after the tech company reports quarterly results above Wall Street estimates.
- David Tepper's 'One Big Play Versus The Market' In Airline Stocks @ Forbes - 4 hours ago
Evidence of?David Tepper?s magic touch has been manifest numerous times over his career. This year in particular, his ?one big play versus the market? doubled and tripled, helping propel his firm, Appaloosa Management, to gross returns of more than 40%. The play also happened to be in a sector?Warren Buffett?loathes. Tepper …
- GE sees double-digit industrial profit growth next year Reuters - 4 hours ago
- Should You Pull In to This Convenience Store Chain? @ Motley Fool - 5 hours ago
The Pantry, CST Brands, and TravelCenters of America are raking in the dough.
- After-hours buzz: Oracle, Paychex, Herman Miller @ CNBC - 5 hours ago
Check out which companies are making headlines after the bell Wednesday:
- Earnings Expected to Increase for Oracle @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
Wall Street is expecting higher profit for Oracle when the company reports its second quarter results on Wednesday, December 18, 2013. The consensus estimate is calling for profit of 64 cents a share, a rise from 60 cents per share a year ago. The consensus estimate remains unchanged over the past [...]
- Forbes Earnings Preview: Carnival @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
Carnival reports its fourth-quarter earnings on Thursday, December 19, 2013, and the consensus earnings per share estimate is zero cents per share. The consensus estimate is down from three months ago when it was 10 cents, but is unchanged over the past month. Analysts are expecting earnings of $1.55 per share [...]
- Earnings Increase Expected for Walgreen @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
Wall Street is optimistic about Walgreen, which is slated to report its first quarter results on Friday, December 20, 2013. Analysts project a profit of 72 cents a share, a rise from 58 cents per share a year ago. Over the past three months, the consensus estimate has fallen from 77 [...]
- Earnings for CarMax Projected to Rise @ Forbes - 5 hours ago
Analysts expect higher profit for CarMax when the company reports its third quarter results on Friday, December 20, 2013. The consensus estimate is calling for profit of 48 cents a share, reflecting a rise from 41 cents per share a year ago. The consensus estimate is up from three months ago [...]
- Macy's Strong Growth And Low Payout Ratio Make It A Buy @ Seeking Alpha - 9 hours ago
Shares of Macy's Inc. ( M ) have gone up by $12.59, or 32.3% since the beginning of this year. Can this be justified by better fundamentals and good prospects for the future, or is the company too expensive ...
- Pentair Hits 52-Week High on Upbeat Guidance Zacks - 9 hours ago
Pentair attained a 52-week high on Dec 17 following the announcement of its 2014 outlook.
- General Mills Misses Q2 Earnings, Revs Zacks - 9 hours ago
General Mills reported dismal second-quarter fiscal 2014 results missing the Zacks Consensus Estimate for both revenues and sales due to lower sales in the U.S retail business and high input costs in the ...
- Lennar Beats 4Q Earnings, Revs Zacks - 10 hours ago
Lennar Corporation beat the Zacks Consensus Estimate on both earnings and revenues for the fourth quarter 2013
- Midday movers: Ford, General Mills, FedEx & More @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
Take a look at some of Wednesday's midday movers:
- FedEx: A Whole Bunch of Nothing? @ Barrons.com - 12 hours ago
Heading into FedEx's (FDX) earnings report this morning, some analysts had predicted great things. Instead, FedEx delivered a whole bunch of nothing. The Wall Street Journal has the details on FedEx's earnings: FedEx Corp. said its fiscal second-quarter profit rose 14% as the shipping giant reported higher ground-shipping …
- Is Selling Lulu a No-No? @ Motley Fool - 12 hours ago
Lululemon athletica's recent report gives much hope, considering the reports from The Wet Seal, Pacific Sunwear of California, and Ascena Retail Group.
- Failing To Deliver, FedEx Is A Sell @ Seeking Alpha - 13 hours ago
This morning FedEx ( FDX ) reported earnings that were generally weaker than analysts were expecting (press release available here). In the quarter, earnings were $1.57 on $11.4 billion in sales, and analysts ...
- [$$] General Mills Profit Rises @ The Wall Street Journal - 14 hours ago
General Mills said its fiscal second-quarter revenue fell slightly, reflecting the later U.S. Thanksgiving holiday this year.
- FedEx Profit Misses Estimates as Express Shipping Slows @ Bloomberg - 14 hours ago
FedEx Corp. said fiscal second- quarter profit rose 14 percent, less than analysts forecast, as customers moving to cheaper shipping options outpaced cost reductions at its airline unit.
- FedEx earnings fall short of expectations @ CNBC - 14 hours ago
FedEx reported quarterly earnings that fell shy of market expectations on Wednesday.
- [$$] Johnson Controls Outlook Disappoints @ The Wall Street Journal - 14 hours ago
Johnson Controls offered a disappointing 2014 earnings outlook for the maker of batteries and other automotive parts.
- FedEx Profit Climbs But Misses Street View @ Fox Business - 16 hours ago
FedEx's second-quarter profit climbed 14% amid stronger ground-shipping revenue, although its bottom line missed Wall Street estimates.
- Gentherm Growth Story Set To Continue @ Seeking Alpha - 18 hours ago
The stock price of Gentherm ( THRM ) has put in a stellar performance through 2013 with a rise of 78% to a shade over 24$. With CEO Dan Stoker announcing good results for the 3rd quarter and a raft of ...
- Nike: China, Emerging Markets Could Offset North America Growth @ Seeking Alpha - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 8:04 PM EST
Sports giant Nike ( NKE ) is scheduled to report its Q2 2014 results on December 19. (Fiscal years end with May.) The company's results in the previous quarter were encouraging on account of 7.7% year-over-year ...
- Deere & Company Is Still A Great Stock For Dividend Growth Investors @ Seeking Alpha - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 6:05 PM EST
Deere & Company ( DE ) has had some amazing growth in FY2013, with revenue, income, earnings per share and the dividend all up, while its payout ratio actually went down. However, its earnings are expected ...
- Does Aeropostale Have Further To Fall? @ Motley Fool - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 5:32 PM EST
Aeropostale continues to disappoint. Avoid and go with retailers picking up the slack?
- Is 3M Going Too Far in Its Efforts to Reward Shareholders? @ Motley Fool - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 4:26 PM EST
3M jacked up its dividend, announced a huge share buyback, and will spend billions on future acquisitions -- all funded by a pile of new debt.
- Earnings for ConAgra Foods Expected to Fall @ Forbes - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 3:15 PM EST
Analysts expect decreased profit for ConAgra Foods when the company reports its second quarter results on Thursday, December 19, 2013. Although ConAgra reported profit of 57 cents a year ago, the consensus estimate calls for earnings per share of 55 cents. The consensus estimate remains unchanged over the past month, but …
- Earnings Increase Expected for FedEx @ Forbes - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 3:15 PM EST
Optimism surrounds FedEx, as it gets ready to report its second quarter results on Wednesday, December 18, 2013. Analysts are expecting the company to book a profit of $1.64 a share, up from $1.39 a year ago. Over the past three months, the consensus estimate has increased from $1.61. Analysts are [...]
- Earnings for Rite Aid Expected to Fall @ Forbes - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 3:15 PM EST
Wall Street is expecting lower profit for Rite Aid when the company reports its third quarter results on Thursday, December 19, 2013. Analysts are expecting earnings per share of four cents after the company booked a profit of 7.00 cents a share a year earlier. The consensus estimate hasn't changed over [...]
- Earnings for Darden Restaurants Expected to Fall @ Forbes - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 3:15 PM EST
Analysts expect decreased profit for Darden Restaurants when the company reports its second quarter results on Thursday, December 19, 2013. Although Darden reported profit of 26 cents a year ago, the consensus estimate calls for earnings per share of 21 cents. The consensus estimate hasn't changed over the past month, but …
- Estimates Fall for Nike @ Forbes - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 3:15 PM EST
Nike reports its second-quarter earnings on Thursday, December 19, 2013, and the consensus earnings per share estimate is 58 cents per share. The consensus estimate is down from three months ago when it was 61 cents, but is unchanged over the past month. For the fiscal year, analysts are expecting earnings [...]
- Earnings Increase Expected for Steelcase @ Forbes - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 3:14 PM EST
Wall Street is expecting higher profit for Steelcase when the company reports its third quarter results on Wednesday, December 18, 2013. The consensus estimate is calling for profit of 26 cents a share, a rise from 21 cents per share a year ago. The consensus estimate hasn't changed over the past [...]
- Ulta Beauty Shareholders Should Take Heart @ Motley Fool - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 1:58 PM EST
Ulta Beauty falls short of third-quarter earnings estimates.
- 3M sets year's biggest U.S. buyback plan, raises dividend Reuters - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 1:18 PM EST
(Reuters) - 3M Co, whose products range from Post-It notes to films used in flat-panel TVs, said it could buy back up to $22 billion of shares in the five years through 2017, joining a list of companies announcing big capital returns to shareholders. The stock, which hit an all-time high of $134.15 in November, has risen …
- Tiffany Hits a New 52-week High Zacks - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 12:02 PM EST
Shares of Tiffany gained momentum following the company's impressive third-quarter fiscal 2013 performance and hit a new 52-week high of $91.10.
- How Does FedEx Look Going Into Earnings? @ Motley Fool - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 12:02 PM EST
A look at FedEx before earnings and how it stacks up against United Parcel.
- Nu Skin Attains 52-Week High Zacks - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 12:00 PM EST
Shares of Nu Skin reached a new 52-week high of $133.89 on Dec 16, with the share price rising a phenomenal 263.2% year-to-date.
- Best 4 Yielding Buy-Rated Stocks: MIC, PBCT, AINV, RAI @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 11:30 AM EST
These 4 dividend stocks are rated a Buy by TheStreet
- Best Of The Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks: Top 5 Companies: LRY, DUK, MO, TE, PDLI @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 11:30 AM EST
These 5 dividend stocks are rated a Buy by TheStreet
- What To Hold: 5 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks KFN, HGT, CORR, EVEP, SJT @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 11:30 AM EST
These 5 dividend stocks are rated a Hold by TheStreet
- Kroger and Whole Foods Are for Different Types of Investors @ Motley Fool - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 10:34 AM EST
Kroger and Whole Foods are both likely to be long-term winners, but they’re also likely to take different paths to success. You should know which is more fitting for you.
- ChinaEdu's CEO Discusses Q3 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 10:23 AM EST
Julia Huang Thank you, Helen, and thank you everyone for joining us today. We are pleased to report another successful quarter with our operational and financial performance in line with our expectations. ...
- 3 Unconventional Dividends to Consider for 2014 @ Motley Fool - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 10:12 AM EST
Pattern Energy, Hannon Armstrong, and NRG Yield offer interesting approaches for investing in renewable energy.
- Will Carnival (CCL) Surprise This Earnings Season? Zacks - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 9:00 AM EST
Carnival is set to report fourth-quarter fiscal 2013 results on Dec 19.
- 3M Boosts Dividend, Issues Upbeat 2014 Guidance @ Fox Business - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 8:15 AM EST
Shares of blue-chip conglomerate 3M rallied on an upbeat outlook for 2014 earnings and share repurchases.
- Sanderson Farms, Jabil Circuit in focus Tuesday @ MarketWatch - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 5:30 AM EST
Shares of Sanderson Farms and Jabil Circuit may see active trading Tuesday, with the companies on tap to report quarterly results. Boeing shares may also see action following news of a dividend hike.
- National Express says on track for full-year Reuters - Tue, Dec 17, 2013 3:01 AM EST
British transport group National Express said it was on track to meet its full-year expectations after positive fourth quarter trading, led by its UK coach business. The bus and train operator said on Tuesday core UK express coach revenue was expected to increase by 9 percent in the fourth quarter and 6 percent for the …
- Boeing Hikes Dividend 50%, Announces $10 Billion Share Repurchase @ Forbes - Mon, Dec 16, 2013 4:50 PM EST
Boeing raises its dividend to 73 cents per share after board approves an additional $10 billion for share repurchase program