- Capita chief upbeat on prospects after first-half boost Reuters - 19 minutes ago
British outsourcing group Capita posted an 11 percent rise in first-half organic revenue, helped by 1.3 billion pounds of major contract wins that prompted its CEO to deliver an upbeat assessment of its full-year prospects. Chief Executive Andy Parker said he is confident the company will be able to deliver full-year revenue …
- Philip Morris: Making Correct Moves @ Seeking Alpha - 59 minutes ago
As tobacco stocks offer attractive dividends, they have remained the preferred choice among dividend investors. Tobacco companies have done well to expand their margins and dividends in recent years. However, ...
- Brewin Dolphin managed assets up 2 percent in June quarter Reuters - 1 hour 44 minutes ago
UK investment management group Brewin Dolphin said net new managed funds rose 2 percent to 29.3 billion pounds in the June quarter as portfolio gains negated a net 400 million pounds of outflows. Core fee and commission income of 67 million pounds was 5 percent higher than the same period last year, the company said in …
- ING Vysya falls on earnings, CSuisse downgrade Reuters - 2 hours 0 minutes ago
Reuters Market Eye - ING Vysya Bank(VYSA.NS) falls as much as 6.7 percent after April-June net profit declines 18 percent from year earlier. Credit Suisse downgrades the stock to "neutral" from ...
- Alstom bets on sales growth in rail after GE deal in power Reuters - 2 hours 7 minutes ago
France's Alstom said it expected sustained organic sales growth at its rail arm this year but would not provide a revenue or profit target following a deal that will see General Electric buy most of its power business. The engineering group achieved record orders for rail equipment that offset a drop in sales in its power …
- Sell Microsoft Until $40 Amid Nokia Problems @ Seeking Alpha - 2 hours 27 minutes ago
After the bell on Tuesday, Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT ) delivered its quarterly results, and this quarter included the acquisition of Nokia's (NYSE: NOK ) phone unit. It was also Satya Nadella's second quarter ...
- Can Mapletree Industrial Trust Keep Going After A Strong First Quarter? @ Motley Fool - 2 hours 57 minutes ago
With the possibility of interest rates edging up, can Mapletree Industrial Trust continue growing?
- For Apple, iPhone Roars and iPad Whimpers @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
Apple reported a 13% jump in iPhone sales as it heads into a major refresh of the company's flagship product, but iPad sales slid for the second consecutive quarter.
- Apple: A Record Quarter That Slightly Disappointed @ Seeking Alpha - 3 hours ago
After the bell on Tuesday, Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL ) reported its fiscal third quarter results. For those that missed it, here was my official Apple earnings preview. Overall, Apple's report was a little disappointing, ...
- McDonald's Bad Quarter, Coke's Tough One, and the Saving Grace of Housing Data @ Motley Fool - 5 hours ago
The three things you need to know on July 23.
- Apple’s Results a Mixed Bag, But All Eyes on iPhone 6 @ Morningstar - 5 hours ago
New product pipeline buzz and management's bullishness on holiday revenue growth overshadow modestly disappointing third-quarter revenue, says Morningstar's Brian Colello.
- Apple's (AAPL) CEO Tim Cook on Q3 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript Seeking Alpha - 5 hours ago
At this time, for opening remarks and introductions, I would like to turn the call over to Nancy Paxton, Senior Director of Investor Relations. Speaking first is Apple CEO, Tim Cook;
- Apple revenue lags Street's view despite strong China growth Reuters - 5 hours ago
Apple Inc posted a smaller-than-expected 6 percent rise in quarterly revenue on Tuesday, but revenue surged 28 percent in greater China despite stiff competition in its third-largest market. It sold 35.2 million iPhones in the June quarter, a rise of about 13 percent that was in line with analysts' projections, helped …
- Why Coca-Cola Slipped and Apple Was Steady After Earnings @ Motley Fool - 6 hours ago
The blue chips despite Coca-Cola shedding 3% on an uninspiring earnings report. Meanwhile, Apple delivered mixed earnings and shares were little changed.
- Apple, Inc. Just Delivered a Solid Quarter @ Motley Fool - 7 hours ago
... but it still wasn't enough to appease Wall Street's lofty expectations.
- Should you buy Macquarie Group Ltd? @ Motley Fool - 7 hours ago
The investment bank appears to be a promising long-term buy and hold but it’s important to consider the downside risks.
- McDonald’s Profit Slips as U.S. Sales Lag Again @ The New York Times - 8 hours ago
The chain has been struggling to grow in its flagship market in the face of intensifying competition, changing eating habits and the persistent financial struggles of its lower-income customers.
- Microsoft profit stung by Nokia @ USA TODAY - 8 hours ago
- [$$] VMware's Profit Down on AirWatch Acquisition Costs @ The Wall Street Journal - 8 hours ago
Software company VMware Inc.'s second-quarter earnings fell 32% largely due to costs tied to its acquisition of mobile device management company AirWatch.
- Update: Apple Earnings @ Seeking Alpha - 8 hours ago
Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL ) reported earnings today that beat expectations by five cents per share. Revenue came in at $37.4 billion, which was $540 million below estimates. The revenue number was an increase ...
- Apple posts second straight profit gain as iPhone sales jump Bloomberg - 9 hours ago
Apple sold 35.2 million iPhones and 4.4 million Macs in the fiscal third quarter ended June 28, up 13 percent and 18 percent respectively from a year ago. The results show Apple is withstanding competition from smartphone manufacturers led by Samsung Electronics Co. (005930), amid increasing anticipation for new devices …
- Lockheed Martin Reports Q2 Earnings; Stock Rises @ Investor's Business Daily - 9 hours ago
Shares of defense contractor Lockheed Martin (LMT) gained altitude Tuesday after the company reported better-than-expected quarterly earnings and revenue and gave a generally upbeat view of what's going ...
- Can Google, Inc. Continue its Incredible Run? @ Motley Fool - 9 hours ago
After announcing a blowout quarter, the online giant is nearing its 52-week high. But is it warranted?
- [video] Juniper Networks Earnings Released, Slowing Sales @ Bloomberg - 9 hours ago
July 22 (Bloomberg) -- Bloomberg’s Cory Johnson reports on Juniper Networks earnings and slowing sales on “Street Smart.”
- Apple Profit Growth Accelerates Again, But Revenue Light Investor's Business Daily - 9 hours ago
Apple reported stronger-than-expected earnings growth late Tuesday, but fiscal Q3 sales of the iPhone and iPad lagged estimates as consumers and investors look ahead to the next smartphone models. The ...
- Discover Financial Services Delivers Impressive Results, Reports Record Earnings @ Motley Fool - 9 hours ago
As a result of impressive growth in its loan portfolio and continued expansion of interest rates, Discover Financial Services delivered record results in the second quarter.
- Apple analysts find bright spots in mixed quarter @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
A pair of Apple analysts identify the bright spots in Apple's mixed third quarter earnings report.
- [$$] Discover Profit Rises on Loan Growth @ The Wall Street Journal - 9 hours ago
Discover Financial Services said its second-quarter profit rose 7%, which the credit-card company said reflected strength in its direct banking segment in terms of loan growth and credit performance.
- [video] Apple, Microsoft earnings: A victory for tech? @ CNBC - 9 hours ago
Daniel Ives, Managing Director & Senior Analyst at FBR Capital Markets, explains why he's positive on the two tech giants.
- Apple slightly tops earnings estimate as iPhone stays strong @ USA TODAY - 9 hours ago
iPhone remains strong, but decline in iPad sales is cause for concern.
- Timberland Bancorp increases quarterly cash dividend by 25% to 5c theflyonthewall.com - 9 hours ago
Timberland's board declared an increased quarterly cash dividend to common shareholders of 5c per common share payable on August 28 to shareholders of record on August 14.
- Will Cirrus Logic (CRUS) Miss Earnings Estimates? Zacks - 9 hours ago
Cirrus Logic Inc. (CRUS) is set to report first-quarter fiscal 2015 results on Jul 23.
- UDR Poised to Ride High with Focus on Strategic Priorities Zacks - 9 hours ago
UDR Inc. (UDR) continues to focus on disciplined capital allocation, strong balance sheet position as well as cash flows enhancement to support dividend growth and operational efficiency.
- What to Watch for When Pepsi Reports Second Quarter Earnings Tomorrow @ Motley Fool - 9 hours ago
After a 10% earnings beat in the first quarter, Pepsi looks to maintain this momentum as it reports second-quarter results on Wednesday.
- [audio] Newscast: Microsoft and Apple earnings @ MarketWatch - 9 hours ago
Microsoft takes an earnings hit on Nokia purchase; Apple books higher profits but lower I-Pad sales.
- Why Spirit sees double digit revenue growth in 1Q14 Market Realist - 9 hours ago
In the 1Q14, Spirit saw 256 weather-related flight cancellations compared to 59 in the 1Q13, which negatively impacted revenue.
- Apple: June Quarter Overall Good. Focus on September's Gross Margin And iPhone Potential @ Forbes - 9 hours ago
Apple's June quarter was solid. Focus on September quarter's gross margin guidance and iPhone potential.
- ConocoPhillips: Poised To Outperform @ Seeking Alpha - 9 hours ago
ConocoPhillips (NYSE: COP ) explores for, develops and produces crude oil, bitumen, natural gas, liquefied natural gas, and natural gas liquids worldwide. After spinning off its downstream business Phillips ...
- Ingersoll-Rand ups guidance Investor's Business Daily - 9 hours ago
Citing growth in construction and industrial markets, Ingersoll-Rand (IR) raised its full-year adjusted EPS target to $3.18-$3.26 from $3.05-$3.20. In Q2, the owner of Trane, Thermo King and American Standard ...
- ARM Holdings Investor's Business Daily - 9 hours ago
ARM Holdings (ARMH) Q2 revenue jumped 17.1% to $309.6 mil, topping views for $306.15 mil. The U.K. designer of chips used in the Apple (AAPL) iPhone and other mobile devices reported fully diluted earnings ...
- Centene Q2 enrollments soar Investor's Business Daily - 9 hours ago
The health insurer earned 79 cents a share, up 13% and 7 cents above views. Revenue jumped 47% to $4.02 bil, above estimates for $3.66 bil. Medicaid enrollment hit 2.39 mil vs. 1.95 mil a year earlier ...
- Is O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY) Poised to Beat Q2 Earnings? Zacks - 9 hours ago
We expect O'Reilly Automotive Inc. (ORLY) to beat expectations when it reports second-quarter 2014 results on Jul 23, 2014
- Investors Shrug as Microsoft Makes a Ton of Money @ BusinessWeek - 9 hours ago
This was Steve Ballmer's final report card. How did the big fella do?
- Norfolk Southern: Staying Bullish As The Company Hikes Its Dividend @ Seeking Alpha - 9 hours ago
Since my primary investment objective revolves itself around the generation of income, dividend-related events are always something I tend to keep an eye on. It is these types of events that have a tendency ...
- Apple Q3 Earnings Live Blog Recap @ TheStreet.com - 9 hours ago
Apple reports fiscal third-quarter earnings after the close. While investors will be paying attention to the results, any hint on the next product cycle will likely garner more attention.
- Will Microsemi (MSCC) Disappoint This Earnings Season? Zacks - 10 hours ago
Microsemi Corporation (MSCC) is set to report third-quarter fiscal 2014 results on Jul 24.
- Apple, Inc. Earnings: More Proof We Need the iPhone 6 @ Motley Fool - 10 hours ago
The iEmpire gets a boost from Macs, iPhones while iPad sales fall well short.
- Cramer's slices into Apple earnings, dings @ CNBC - 10 hours ago
"Sure, the company gave guidance that seemed lighter than expected, but that's just Apple's style," Cramer said. Get all Cramer's insights now!
- Apple tops estimates, but stock edges lower on outlook: Recap @ MarketWatch - 10 hours ago
Apple Inc. reported fiscal third-quarter results after Tuesday's closing bell. The Cupertino, Calif.-based company will hold a call with analysts at 5 p.m. Eastern Time. MarketWatch tech reporter Ben Pimentel ...
- [$$] United Technologies Shares Slide @ The Wall Street Journal - 10 hours ago
Shares of United Technologies slid in response to weak order growth, disappointing margins and some one-time hits even as the company raised its outlook for the year.