- Lennox misses Street 3Q forecasts Associated Press - 3 minutes 8 seconds ago
On a per-share basis, the Richardson, Texas-based company said it had net income of $1.38. Earnings, adjusted for non-recurring costs and restructuring costs, were $1.44 per share. The results fell short ...
- Totally Rotten IBM Earnings, With Lower Backlog and Margins @ 24/7 Wall St. - 5 minutes ago
IBM released its third-quarter earnings early Monday morning, an unusual date and time for the IT services giant.
- Hasbro profit up 43 percent on higher sales of Transformers, Marvel toys Reuters - 6 minutes ago
(Reuters) - Hasbro Inc (HAS.O), the second-largest U.S. toymaker, reported a 43 percent jump in quarterly profit, helped by higher demand for its Transformers, Marvel and Stars Wars action figures in emerging ...
- Should You Sell Interpublic (IPG) Before Earnings? Zacks - 7 minutes ago
Analysts raising estimates right before earnings is a pretty good indicator of some favorable trends underneath the surface for Interpublic.
- Why Earnings Season Could Be Great for Allied World Assurance Company Holdings (AWH) Zacks - 8 minutes ago
Investors are always looking for stocks that are poised to beat at earnings season and Allied World Assurance Company Holdings may be one such company as the firm has earnings coming up pretty soon, and ...
- Why McDonald's (MCD) Stock Is Lower Today @ TheStreet.com - 8 minutes ago
Russian consumer safety regulators are conducting inspections at more than 200 of McDonald's (MCD) restaurants around the country.
- PetMed misses Street 2Q forecasts Associated Press - 9 minutes ago
The Pompano Beach, Florida-based company said it had profit of 14 cents per share. Earnings, adjusted for non-recurring costs, were 19 cents per share. The results did not meet Wall Street expectations. ...
- Story Stocks from Briefing.com Briefing.com - 9 minutes ago
Story Stocks from Briefing.com
- Webster Financial Up on Q3 Earnings Beat, Revenues Rise Zacks - 16 minutes ago
Shares of Webster Financial (WBS) rose nearly 2.7% since its third-quarter 2014 earnings release on Thursday, before the opening bell. Strong revenue growth drove earnings per share of 53 cents, which ...
- Why QEP Resources (QEP) Stock Is Surging Today @ TheStreet.com - 16 minutes ago
QEP Midstream announced the acquisition of its GP and LP units by Tesoro Logistics (TLLP)
- InPlay from Briefing.com Briefing.com - 18 minutes ago
InPlay from Briefing.com
- IBM disappoints and Apple reports — 5 things to know today @ Fortune - 24 minutes ago
Here’s what you need to know to start your day.
- Hasbro profit up 43 pct on higher sales of Transformers, Marvel toys Reuters - 30 minutes ago
Hasbro Inc, the second-largest U.S. toymaker, reported a 43 percent jump in quarterly profit, helped by higher demand for its Transformers, Marvel and Stars Wars action figures in emerging markets such ...
- [$$] Valeant Earnings Top Expectations @ The Wall Street Journal - 35 minutes ago
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, whose business model has been criticized by buyout target Allergan Inc., posted third-quarter earnings that exceeded expectations and pegged its 2015 earnings estimate at $10 a ...
- These Are The Key Numbers For Apple's September Quarter @ Forbes - 41 minutes ago
As usual revenue, gross margin and iPhone units are the critical items in Apple's quarterly results.
- IBM Abandons 2015 Earnings Forecast as CEO Divests Assets @ Bloomberg - 41 minutes ago
International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) said it will no longer reach its earnings forecast for 2015, ditching a five-year profit goal as the company struggles to transform quickly enough to cope with an industrywide shift to the cloud-computing era. “We are disappointed in our performance,” Chief Executive Officer …
- [$$] Boys' Toys Bump Up Hasbro Profit @ The Wall Street Journal - 56 minutes ago
Toy maker Hasbro Inc. said Monday that strong sales growth in its boys’ division, which includes Transformers and Marvel toys, helped drive a 43% earnings boost in its September quarter.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals Increases Full-Year Earnings Forecast @ Bloomberg - 57 minutes ago
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. (VRX) reported cash earnings per share in the third quarter that beat analysts’ estimates and raised its forecast for the full year. The drugmaker and owner of Bausch & Lomb had cash EPS of $2.11 in the quarter, it said today in a statement. Valeant, based in Laval, Quebec, predicted …
- Billionaire Indian Jeweler Gets $196 Million Warburg Investment @ Bloomberg - 58 minutes ago
Warburg Pincus LLC will invest 12 billion rupees ($196 million) in Indian billionaire T.S. Kalyanaraman’s Kalyan Jewellers Ltd. as the retailer seeks to open more stores globally to tap demand for gold ornaments. The jeweler aims to increase sales to 250 billion rupees in the next three years from 100 billion rupees in …
- Halliburton profit jumps 70 pct on strong North American market Reuters - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
Halliburton Co, the world's No.2 oilfield services provider, reported a 70 percent rise in net income attributable to the company, helped by stronger drilling activity and demand for production services ...
- Halliburton tops Street 3Q forecasts Associated Press - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
The Houston-based company said it had profit of $1.41 per share. Earnings, adjusted for non-recurring gains and to account for discontinued operations, came to $1.19 per share. The results topped Wall ...
- Is a Surprise Coming for Dow Chemical (DOW) This Earnings Season? Zacks - 1 hour 16 minutes ago
Dow Chemical has a positive Earnings ESP and a favorable Zacks Rank, suggesting that stock is poised to beat at the next earnings season.
- Should You Buy AMAG Pharmaceuticals (AMAG) Ahead of Earnings? Zacks - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
AMAG Pharmaceuticals could beat earnings estimates this season backed by favorable earnings estimate revision activity
- Why Omnicom Group (OMC) Might Surprise This Earnings Season Zacks - 1 hour 20 minutes ago
Omnicom Group could beat earnings estimates this season backed by favorable earnings estimate revision activity
- Delta to Wall Street: Don't Tell Us How to Run Our Airline @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 31 minutes ago
Delta is widely seen as the leading U.S. airline, yet some Wall Street analysts have decided it is adding too much capacity, breaking the mold of 'capacity discipline.'
- Is a Surprise Coming for ICON Public Limited (ICLR) This Earnings Season? Zacks - 1 hour 33 minutes ago
ICON Public Limited is poised to beat at earnings as it has a positive ESP and a better Zacks Rank that shows positive surprise nearly 70% of the time, and have returned over 28% on average in annual returns...
- Hasbro misses 3Q profit forecasts Associated Press - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
The Pawtucket, Rhode Island-based company said it had profit of $1.40 per share. Earnings, adjusted for restructuring costs, were $1.46 per share. The results fell short of Wall Street expectations. The ...
- Earnings Expectations For The Week Of October 20: The Crunch Continues Benzinga - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
The earnings crunch continues this week, with quarterly reports due from tech and drug giants, the big automakers, airlines and many more. Analysts are looking for year-on-year earnings growth from the ...
- European Stocks Fall Despite Strong Comeback for Asian Shares @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 54 minutes ago
Asian markets stage a comeback overnight but the gloom remain in Europe.
- Apple investors don’t need numbers to measure success @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 16 minutes ago
The company’s earnings and revenue, expected today, are only part of the story, writes Marek Fuchs.
- [video] Don't write European earnings off yet: Pro @ CNBC - 4 hours ago
Kerry Craig, market strategist at JPMorgan Asset Management, says earnings could provide respite to European stock markets as a weaker euro could help companies' results.
- Philips posts 3rd quarter loss Associated Press - 5 hours ago
AMSTERDAM (AP) — Royal Philips NV, the world's largest lighting maker, has reported a 104 million-euro ($132 million) loss for the third quarter, mostly due to a one-off charge after losing a patent infringement lawsuit against Masimo Corp. of the U.S.
- [$$] Metro Hurt by Strong Euro @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
Metro reported a 2.6% decline in fourth-quarter sales after a strong euro and asset disposals derailed growth, though the German retailer said it would meet targets for the year.
- Metro Sales Meet Estimates as Retailer Narrows Focus Amid Slump @ Bloomberg - 6 hours ago
Metro AG (MEO) , the owner of Germany’s Kaufhof department stores and the Saturn appliance chain, reported quarterly sales that met analysts’ estimates. Revenue slipped 2.6 percent to 15.1 billion euros ($19.3 billion) for the fiscal fourth quarter ended in September, meeting the average estimate of nine analysts surveyed …
- Philip Morris Plans to Expand in Emerging Markets GuruFocus.com - 6 hours ago
In this article let's take a look at Philip Morris International Inc. (PM), the global tobacco giant that sells cigarettes in over 200 countries, which manufactures and markets the number one cigarette ...
- China, Russia weigh on Philips earnings @ CNBC - 6 hours ago
In its first earnings update since revealing plans to spin off its lighting business in September, Dutch electronics giant reports net loss.
- [$$] U.S. Airlines to Deliver Strong Profits @ The Wall Street Journal - 6 hours ago
A flock of U.S. airlines is expected to report strong quarterly profits, following the lead of Delta Air. Carriers’ share prices, however, have been battered by concerns from a global economic slowdown ...
- Philips Profit Misses Analyst Estimates on Woes in China, Russia @ Bloomberg - 6 hours ago
Royal Philips NV (PHIA)’s third-quarter earnings missed analyst estimates amid sluggish demand in China and Russia. The average estimate by six analysts surveyed by Bloomberg was for 554 million euros. “We are not satisfied with our overall performance in the third quarter,” Chief Executive Officer Frans Van Houten said …
- SAP Cuts 2014 Forecast as Third-Quarter Earnings Trail Es @ Bloomberg - 7 hours ago
SAP SE, the world’s largest supplier of business-management software, cut its full-year earnings forecast after third-quarter operating profit trailed analysts’ estimates as clients shift to programs accessed over the Web. Third-quarter earnings on that basis rose to 1.36 billion euros, compared with the 1.37 billion-euro …
- Bull of the Day: Domino's (DPZ) Zacks - 7 hours ago
This pizza chain is doing something right as same store sales soared in the third quarter.
- Why Alibaba Chairman Jack Ma Invested in Hundsun @ The Wall Street Journal - 9 hours ago
For Alibaba watchers curious about what was really going on when company founder Jack Ma led a 3.3 billion yuan ($539 million) investment in a provider of financial-services software called Hundsun Technologies ...
- Weekly 3-Year Low Highlights: TNH, ASNA, TDW, AAN GuruFocus.com - 10 hours ago
According to GuruFocus list of 3-year lows; Terra Nitrogen Co LP, Ascena Retail Group Inc, Tidewater Inc, and Aaron’s Inc, have all reached their 3-year lows.
- Lessons On Corporate Dividend Payout And Retention Ratio @ Investopedia - 13 hours ago
Why are dividend payout and retention ratios important to consider when investing in company stock? What companies have high ratios?What constitutes a high dividend payout and retention ratio? Is a high ...
- Why earnings may signal business as usual this week @ CNBC - 15 hours ago
They've taken a backseat thus far-but corporate results will likely soak up the bulk of investors' attention in the weak ahead.
- Google Inc Fails To Impress With Q3 Report But Analysts Remain Optimistic @ TheStreet.com - 15 hours ago
By Sarah Roden Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOGL) (NASDAQ:GOOG) is a Mountain View, California based multinational corporation that specializes in Internet-related products and services. The Internet giant has......
- A Hedge Fund Exposed to China-based Companies GuruFocus.com - 18 hours ago
Over the past days hedge funds have been filing their form 13-F, which is a quarterly report of equity holdings by filed institutional investment managers with at least $100 million in equity assets under ...
- GE Earnings Analysis: Stock Still Heading to $29 or $30 @ 24/7 Wall St. - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 9:30 AM EDT
As we have warned over and over, GE is about to be a lot harder for analysts to understand due to its disposition of consumer finance, appliances sale and acquisitions in the hopper.
- Strategies For Quarterly Earnings Season @ Investopedia - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
Breeze through consensus estimates like the biggest Wall Street forecasters.
- [$$] GE’s Results Improve on Strength at Industrial Segment @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 12:09 AM EDT
General Electric is clocking higher industrial profits, and it has a recovering U.S. market to thank.
- [$$] Payouts Unfazed by Market Turmoil @ Barrons.com - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 12:01 AM EDT
Good news was in short supply last week amid the stock market’s tumble, with one notable exception—dividends. Take the Big Board transportation duo of Penske Automotive Group and Winnebago Industries . On Wednesday, Penske wheeled out yet another payout enhancement, while Winnebago reinstated its distribution. President …