- [$$] Whole Foods Again Lowers Sales View @ The Wall Street Journal - 34 minutes ago
Whole Foods said third-quarter earnings rose 6%, but the specialty supermarket again lowered its sales projections for the fiscal year.
- Tesoro Corp. 2Q profit falls 1.3 percent Associated Press - 59 minutes ago
Tesoro Corp. (TSO) on Wednesday reported profit that declined by 1.3 percent in its second quarter, and missed analysts' expectations. The San Antonio-based company said earnings fell to $224 million, ...
- [$$] Insurers Post Lackluster Results @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
MetLife, Allstate and Hartford Financial reported lackluster operating earnings for the second quarter, in part due to higher storm and catastrophe-related property claims.
- Snapchat could become latest start-up to reach a $10-billion valuation @ Los Angeles Times - 1 hour 4 minutes ago
Last year, Snapchat decided Facebook's $3-billion offer wasn't cool. You know what's cool? $10 billion.
- Sprint ekes out penny profit Investor's Business Daily - 1 hour 10 minutes ago
The wireless service provider in Q2 earned 1 cent a share — its 1st quarterly profit in more than 6 years — vs. views for a 1-cent loss. But Sprint (S) lost highly valued "postpaid" subscribers ...
- Lorillard e-cig revenue drops Investor's Business Daily - 1 hour 10 minutes ago
The tobacco company's Q2 EPS rose 4% to 84 cents, missing views by 5 cents. Revenue dipped 1.4% to $1.27 bil, under views for $1.34 bil as sales of e-cigarettes fell 35% to $37 mil on increased competition. ...
- Taser Q2 earnings fell Investor's Business Daily - 1 hour 11 minutes ago
Taser (TASR) Q2 earnings fell 13% to 7 cents a share, but beat views by 1 cent. Revenue rose 16% to $37.52 mil. Shares rose 16.2% to 13.36.
- Phillips 66 misses, Valero tops Investor's Business Daily - 1 hour 11 minutes ago
Valero Energy's (VLO) Q2 EPS rose 27% to $1.22, in line with an earlier announcement, beating views by a penny. Revenue rose 2.6% to $34.9 bil, beating estimates for $29.2 bil. Refining throughput volumes ...
- Merck, J&J, Baxter Provide Healthy Dividend Stream @ Investor's Business Daily - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
Drugmakers aim to help people live healthier lives, but they aren't immune to patent losses. Merck (MRK), which has recently faced a number of patent expirations, on Tuesday reported Q2 sales that slowed ...
- Will Clorox (CLX) Beat Q2 Earnings on Sound Fundamentals? Zacks - 2 hours 8 minutes ago
The Clorox Company (CLX) will release fourth-quarter fiscal 2014 financial results on Aug 1, before the market opens.
- Biotech Earnings Put These ETFs in Focus Zacks - 2 hours 10 minutes ago
Following solid results from Amgen, among others, these biotech ETFs could be ones to watch.
- Will Church & Dwight (CHD) Miss Q2 Earnings on Soft Demand? Zacks - 2 hours 28 minutes ago
Our proven model does not conclusively project Church & Dwight Co. Inc. (CHD) as likely to beat earnings this quarter.
- Analysts Chime In On Twitter's Earnings Beat Benzinga - 2 hours 29 minutes ago
Twitter (NYSE: TWTR ) released a major earnings beat on Tuesday. The company reported $0.02 compared with estimates of a $0.01 loss. User growth and pent up usage thanks to the 6.5 billion impressions ...
- Litigation Costs, Dark Pools and Other Scandals Crush Global Banks @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 37 minutes ago
Billions in additional litigation costs continue to weigh down the banking sector and stock price performance in 2014.
- Earnings Near For Navigator Holdings, WhiteWave Foods @ Investor's Business Daily - 2 hours 45 minutes ago
Earnings reports are approaching for several new issues, including three that are in sound chart patterns. Navigator Holdings (NVGS) is set to announce Q2 results Wednesday after the close. The U.K.-based ...
- Concho Resources Sees Strong Growth In Delaware Basin @ Investor's Business Daily - 2 hours 45 minutes ago
Growth prospects are solid for several large-cap oil and gas producers. With a Composite Rating of 98, Concho Resources (CXO) is an institutional-quality name in IBD's Oil & Gas-U.S. Exploration and Production ...
- Shutterfly posts bigger 2Q loss Associated Press - 2 hours 46 minutes ago
Shutterfly Inc. (SFLY) on Wednesday reported a wider loss in its second quarter, and beat analysts' expectations. The Redwood City, California-based company reported a loss of $27.1 million, or 70 cents ...
- [video] MetLife Misses Street Earnings Estimate Despite Overseas Strength @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 49 minutes ago
MetLife posted second quarter earnings of $1.39 a share on revenue of $17.8 billion.
- After-hours buzz: WFM, YELP, WTW & more @ CNBC - 2 hours 55 minutes ago
Check out which companies are making headlines after the bell Wednesday: Whole Foods, Yelp, Weight Watchers & more.
- Will Becton, Dickinson (BDX) Surprise This Earnings Season? Zacks - 2 hours 58 minutes ago
We are optimistic about a number of key product initiatives pursued by Becton, Dickinson (BDX).
- Will hhgregg (HGG) Disappoint This Earnings Season? Zacks - 2 hours 58 minutes ago
hhgregg Inc. (HGG) is set to report its first quarter fiscal 2015 results before the opening bell on Jul 31. Last quarter, this specialty retailer of consumer and other home products posted in-line results. ...
- First Quantum Minerals earnings up, copper sales jump Reuters - 3 hours ago
Canadian base metal miner First Quantum Minerals Ltd on Wednesday reported higher earnings in the latest quarter as copper sales jumped. The Vancouver-based company, which primarily mines copper but also ...
- [video] Earnings tradebook: WW gains, SFLY clicks @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
The FM traders break down trades on Weight Watchers and Shutterfly following their earnings reports.
- Barrick Lowers Annual Cost Forecast in Efficiency Drive @ Bloomberg - 3 hours ago
Barrick Gold Corp. (ABX) reduced its cost forecasts for the year as the world’s largest producer of the precious metal seeks to improve efficiencies amid lower gold prices. So-called all-in sustaining costs are forecast at $900 to $940 an ounce of gold, compared with a previous range of $920 to $980, Barrick said today …
- Can 3D Systems (DDD) Surprise This Earnings Season? Zacks - 3 hours ago
3D Systems Corp. (DDD) is set to report second-quarter 2014 results on Jul 31 before the opening bell. Last quarter, it posted a negative surprise of 8.3%.
- Can Western Union (WU) Keep Its Earnings Streak Alive in Q2? Zacks - 3 hours ago
Western Union (WU) is slated to release second quarter earnings on Jul 31, we wait to see how the company fares amid regulatory issues.
- Yelp reports 2Q profit Associated Press - 3 hours ago
Yelp Inc. (YELP) on Wednesday reported a second-quarter profit after posting a loss in the same period a year ago. The company's results beat analysts' expectations. The San Francisco-based company reported ...
- Will Microchip (MCHP) Surprise on Q1 Earnings Season? Zacks - 3 hours ago
Microchip Technology, Inc (MCHP) is scheduled to report first-quarter fiscal 2015 results after the closing bell on Jul 31.
- [$$] Kraft Foods Group Profit Tumbles @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
Kraft Foods Group Inc. said second-quarter profit fell more than 40%, as a slight increase in revenue couldn't offset a substantial extraordinary gain in the same quarter a year ago.
- Barrick Gold reports second-quarter loss Reuters - 3 hours ago
Barrick Gold Corp , the world's largest gold miner, reported a net loss in the second quarter on the back of a weaker gold price and lower gold and copper sales volumes. Barrick reported a net loss of $269 million, or 23 cents per share, in the three months ended June 30, compared to a net loss of $8.56 billion, or $8.55 …
- Whole Foods Falls 5% On Weak EPS, Sales Outlook @ Barrons.com - 3 hours ago
Shares of Whole Foods Market (WFM) fell more than 5% in aftermarket trading after the specialty food seller lowered its sales forecast. Analysts were looking for 39 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters. Whole Foods now sees earnings per share in a range of between $1.52 and $1.54 per share, versus its previous …
- [video] Yelp dips on earnings @ CNBC - 3 hours ago
Neil Doshi, CRT Capital, analyzes Q2 earnings by Yelp.
- Will Burger King (BKW) Disappoint This Earnings Season? Zacks - 3 hours ago
Burger King Worldwide, Inc. (BKW) is slated to report its second-quarter 2014 results on Aug 1, 2014.
- Jitterbugging With Amazon, Google, Facebook, Apple And Microsoft @ Forbes - 3 hours ago
The jitterbugging action of big cap super growth properties makes me anxious. If the market is mispricing many of these names, maybe it's mispricing the valuation structure of the market, itself. Maybe we're open to a 5% to 10% correction or even a 10% spurt upwards. In the good old [...]
- Kraft 2Q profit falls 42 percent Associated Press - 3 hours ago
Kraft Foods Group Inc. on Wednesday reported net income that declined by 42 percent in its second quarter, and missed analysts' expectations. The Northfield, Illinois-based company said earnings fell to ...
- Will Weyerhaeuser (WY) Beat Earnings Estimates This Quarter? Zacks - 3 hours ago
Weyerhaeuser Company (WY) is scheduled to report its second-quarter 2014 results on Aug 1 before the market opens. The Zacks Consensus Estimate for the quarter is pegged at 34 cents per share.
- Kraft Foods Misses Q2 Views; Revenue Grows Just 0.7% Benzinga - 3 hours ago
Kraft Foods (NASDAQ: KRFT ) second-quarter profits fell 42 percent and missed Street estimates while the company complained about difficulties in growing its revenue. Kraft cited a raft of woes ranging ...
- Whole Foods (WFM) Earnings Mixed on Weak Comps, Kraft (KRFT) Misses Zacks - 3 hours ago
Neither Whole Foods Market (WFM) nor Kraft Foods (KRFT) managed to impress investors after the bell Wednesday.
- How Will MetLife (MET) Stock Be Affected By Its Second Quarter Earnings Results? @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
MetLife (MET) reported a mixed bag of earnings results, missing analysts second quarter profit expectations while beating their revenue guidance.
- Yelp's Earnings Review: Awesome! Zacks - 3 hours ago
This represents a 61% year over year growth in revenues for Yelp.
- Will Live Nation (LYV) Beat Q2 Earnings on Revenue Growth? Zacks - 3 hours ago
We expect California-based entertainment company Live Nation Entertainment, Inc. (LYV) to beat expectations when it reports second-quarter 2014 results on Jul 31.
- Twitter's surge revives valuation debate Reuters - 3 hours ago
Twitter reported on Tuesday that its active users jumped 24 percent to 271 million in the second quarter. If Facebook was trading at Twitter's valuation, it would be worth nearly $1 trillion. Twitter's shares finished almost 20 percent higher at $46.30, giving the company a market value of about $27.3 billion.
- Akamai Technologies (AKAM) Falls in After-Hours Trading Despite Earnings Beat @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
Akamai Technologies (AKAM) fell in after-hours trading Wednesday despite the company's second-quarter earnings that beat analysts' expectations.
- Whole Foods profit rises but sales miss Associated Press - 3 hours ago
Whole Foods Market Inc. on Wednesday reported earnings that rose by 6.3 percent in its fiscal third quarter, but its stock fell after sales missed Wall Street estimates. The Austin, Texas-based company ...
- Will P&G (PG) Overcome Headwinds to Beat Earnings Estimates? Zacks - 3 hours ago
The Procter & Gamble Company (PG) is set to report fourth-quarter and full-year fiscal 2014 results on Aug 1, before the market opens.
- How Will Kraft Foods (KRFT) Stock React To Its Second Quarter Earnings Results? @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
Kraft Foods (KRFT) reported second quarter earnings and revenue below analysts expectations on Wednesday.
- Western Digital Slides Despite Q4 Beat @ Barrons.com - 3 hours ago
Western Digital (WDC) was falling after hours despite a better-than-expected fiscal fourth quarter. The disk drive maker said it earned $1.85 a share on revenue of $3.65 billion. Analysts were expecting ...
- Owens-Illinois Lags Q2 Earnings on Asia Pacific Weakness Zacks - 3 hours ago
Owens-Illinois, Inc.'s (OI) Q2 adjusted earnings per share dipped 1% to 80 cents and fell short of the Zacks Consensus Estimate.
- Stocks Pare Losses After Fed Statement Morningstar - 3 hours ago
Stocks pared early losses today after upbeat economic data and no signs that the Fed was going to raise rates sooner than expected. As expected, the Fed announced today that it is keeping key rates in place and is trimming another $10 billion from its bond-buying program. The Fed also said that the economy is doing better …
- Kraft Foods profit falls 42% @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Kraft Foods Group Inc. reported late Wednesday its second-quarter profit fell to $482 million, or 80 cents a share, from $829 million, or $1.38 a share, a year ago. The year-ago ...