- Is Alibaba carpet ride over for Yahoo? @ USA TODAY - 10 hours ago
Most of Yahoo's value is derived from 22.4% stake in Alibaba. What happens now that BABA has gone public?
- [$$] Alibaba Debut Makes a Splash @ The Wall Street Journal - 17 hours ago
Alibaba shares surged 38% to $93.89 in their market debut, making the Chinese e-commerce giant one of the most valuable companies in the U.S.
- [$$] Sizing Up Microsoft's Payout @ Barrons.com - 18 hours ago
Big tech companies sit on mountains of cash, and investors continue to clamor for a bigger chunk of it. The world's No. 1 software manufacturer, Microsoft had $86 billion in cash at last count. Founded ...
- Alibaba IPO: Stock surges 38% in market debut @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 9:13 PM EDT
Alibaba Holding Group's initial public offering was a monster success, roaring out of the gate Friday at a 38% premium to its offer price, sucking $21.8 billion into the Chinese online powerhouse's coffers....
- Actavis Enters New Markets To Boost Profits, Sales @ Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 6:08 PM EDT
Generic-drugmaker Actavis (ACT) has moved its headquarters to Ireland and is trying to develop its own branded drugs to cut costs and boost revenue. The company, formerly known as Watson Pharmaceuticals, ...
- Smooth debut for Alibaba after biggest U.S. IPO ever @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:59 PM EDT
Alibaba Group came out with a monster roar Friday as its shares began trading at $92.70, up more than 36% from its IPO price of $68. The rest of the day was relatively stable for the new stock, analysts ...
- Lindsay's Capital Allocation Initiative Shows Potential Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:55 PM EDT
Lindsay (LNN) continues to grow with capital allocation plan, sustained growth in infrastructure business and development of new Road Zipper system.
- athenahealth Up to Buy on High EHR Adoption Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:50 PM EDT
For fiscal 2014, athenahealth, Inc. (ATHN) saw two estimates move north over the last 60 days causing the Zacks Consensus Estimate to move up 8.0% to its current level of 27 cents.
- Bristol-Myers' (BMY) Yervoy Label Expanded in Canada Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:40 PM EDT
Bristol-Myers' (BMY) Yervoy gained Canadian approval for treating adults newly diagnosed with advanced melanoma.
- Why Yahoo! (YHOO) Stock Is Down Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:40 PM EDT
Shares of Yahoo! (YHOO) fell in afternoon trading Friday after Alibaba (BABA) began trading after its much-anticipated IPO.
- Caterpillar says machinery sales fell in August Associated Press - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:38 PM EDT
Caterpillar said Friday that sales of its heavy machinery fell 10 percent in August on weaker results outside of North America. The Peoria, Illinois, company said in a regulatory filing that dealer sales ...
- Tibco Software Inc. Slides; CFO Says 'We're In A Transition' Benzinga - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:36 PM EDT
Tibco Software Inc. (NASDAQ: TIBX ) shares slid Friday after the company posted lackluster third-quarter results and forecast fourth-quarter earnings well below expectations. In the year to date, shares ...
- AXIS Capital: Steady Performer Despite Expense Concerns Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 4:05 PM EDT
On Sep 19, 2014, we issued an updated research report on AXIS Capital Holding Limited (AXS).
- Walmart (WMT) Woes to Continue, Higher Costs Ahead Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:55 PM EDT
On Sep 15, 2014, we issued an updated research report on Wal-Mart Stores Inc (WMT). The retail giant reported second-quarter fiscal 2015 results on Aug 14.
- Why BlackBerry (BBRY) Stock Is Gaining Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:46 PM EDT
BlackBerry (BBRY) shares are up following a positive note from analysts at Morgan Stanley (MS) on Friday.
- TECO Energy Customers Grow on Thriving Florida Economy Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:40 PM EDT
On Sep 18, we have issued an updated research report on TECO Energy, Inc. (TE).
- Yahoo Is Both Winner and Loser in Alibaba's IPO @ BusinessWeek - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:38 PM EDT
Alibaba's IPO was a windfall for Yahoo, but it also sent Yahoo's own share price tumbling
- Will Carnival (CCL) Sail Through Earnings Season? Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:35 PM EDT
Florida-based cruiser Carnival Corporation (CCL) is set to report third-quarter 2014 results on Sep 23, 2014.
- Jefferies: Intel's Dividend Could Rise 45% In 2 Years @ Barrons.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:19 PM EDT
Shares of Intel (INTC) have climbed 19% since the start of 2014 thanks in part to improving PC sales. He writes: …its new cap structure target positions it to buyback stock and lower the share count by 8%, and 2) our forecast for profit growth in 2015, driven by its 14nm-MPUs which we think will drive higher margins, …
- Why Vale SA (VALE) Stock Hit a One-Year Low Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:16 PM EDT
Shares of Vale SA (VALE) hit a 52-week low Friday after Moody's (MCO) said falling iron ore prices would continue to affect construction and mining stocks for the near future.
- Why Kinross Gold (KGC) Stock Is Declining Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 3:02 PM EDT
Kinross Gold (KGC) shares are down as the price of gold continues to fall.
- Why Caterpillar (CAT) Stock Is Falling Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 2:51 PM EDT
Caterpillar (CAT) stock is lower after the company said its sales for the three month period that ended in August declined by 10% from the same period the previous year.
- Principal Financial Remains Well Poised on Fee-Based Model Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 2:50 PM EDT
On Sep 19, we issued an updated research report on Principal Financial Group Inc. (PFG).
- Why Verizon (VZ) Stock Is Climbing Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 2:39 PM EDT
Verizon (VZ) shares are climbing on Friday, benefiting from the expected 20 million iPhone 6 units.
- AbbVie (ABBV) Declares 42c Quarterly Dividend @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 2:30 PM EDT
AbbVie (ABBV) declares a quarterly dividend of 42 cents a share payable on Nov. 17 to all shareholders of record as of Oct. 15.
- Despite Woes, McDonald's Hikes Dividend for 38th Straight Year @ Barrons.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 1:43 PM EDT
Say what you will about McDonald's (MCD)--and a lot has been said--but it just increased its dividend for the 38th consecutive year. Still, Morgan Stanley's John Glass and team worry that McDonald's streak could be in jeopardy if the fast-food giant doesn't turn its business around: McDonald's announced 5% dividend increase …
- MSCI Soars on Dividend Increase, Buyback Announcement Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 1:40 PM EDT
Shares of MSCI Inc. (MSCI) increased 5.8% on Thursday, Sep 18 with the company boosting shareholders' value through the inception of a dividend program.
- McDonald's Hikes Dividend by 5%, Maintains Payout Trend Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 1:30 PM EDT
McDonald's Corp. (MCD) hiked its quarterly dividend by 4 cents to 85 cents per share, a 5% increase from the prior dividend payout.
- Silicon Valley Legend Larry Ellison Steps Down as CEO of Oracle Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 1:16 PM EDT
The CEO of Oracle, Larry Ellison, has stepped down from his role, what is next for ORCL?
- Wet Seal Hits 52-Week Low on Poor Q2, Bleak Outlook Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 1:10 PM EDT
Shares of Wet Seal Inc. (WTSL) hit a new 52-week low of 60 cents on Sep 18 after reporting disappointing second-quarter fiscal 2014 results on Sep 10.
- Why General Electric (GE) Stock Is Still a 'Buy' at TheStreet @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 1:07 PM EDT
TheStreet Ratings team reiterates its 'buy' rating for General Electric (GE) with a ratings score of B.
- Why SeaDrill (SDRL) Stock Is Down Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 12:35 PM EDT
SeaDrill (SDRL) is falling Friday after the drilling company announced that Tor Olav Troeim will not seek reelection to its board of directors.
- How Will GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Stock Be Affected by This Lawsuit? @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 12:27 PM EDT
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) shares are rising despite the company being fined $489 million by the Chinese government.
- Alibaba's Financial Health Profile Lines Up Well Against Other Tech Companies @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 12:23 PM EDT
Alibaba is not without its issues, but just from a standpoint of financial health, the company compares very favorably to other high-tech companies.
- Why J.C. Penney (JCP) Stock Continues to Fall Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 12:03 PM EDT
Shares of J.C. Penney (JCP) continued to drop Friday after Credit Suisse (CS) said Thursday the department store chain could face some difficulties in the near future.
- Methanex (MEOH) Restarts Chile Plant at Punta Arenas Site Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 12:00 PM EDT
Methanex Corporation (MEOH) announced that it has restarted its Chile I plant at its site in Punta Arenas.
- Why Texas Instruments (TXN) Stock Is Rising Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 11:42 AM EDT
Texas Instrument (TXN) shares are climbing after the company raised its quarterly dividend by 13% on Friday.
- Will Ascena (ASNA) Post a Surprise this Earnings Season? Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 11:40 AM EDT
Ascena (ASNA) is slated to report fourth-quarter fiscal 2014 results on Sep 22.
- 3 Chinese Stocks That Are Better Bargains than Alibaba @ Kiplinger - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
Looking for a foothold in the Chinese market with dividends to boot? Consider this threesome.
- AGCO (AGCO) Hits 52-Week Low on Weak Q2, Outlook Bleak Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
Shares of AGCO (AGCO) hit 52-week low of $46.23 on Sep 18.
- Why Coca-Cola Stock Remains A 'Buy' At TheStreet @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 11:28 AM EDT
TheStreet Ratings team reiterates its 'buy' rating and ratings score of A on Coca-Cola (KO) stock.
- How Will Clorox (CLX) Stock React To Its CEO Shakeup? @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 11:26 AM EDT
Clorox (CLX) shares are climbing after the company announced a transition at its CEO position slated to take place November 20.
- Why Red Hat (RHT) Stock Is Down Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 11:25 AM EDT
Red Hat (RHT) is falling Friday after guiding below analysts' estimates for earnings and revenue in the third quarter and despite beating estimates in the second quarter.
- Owens-Illinois Hits 52-week low: Should You Dump It Now? Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 11:20 AM EDT
Shares of Owens-Illinois, Inc. (OI) hit a 52-week low of $27.80 on September 18.
- Cantor, Wedbush And Others Weigh In On Alibaba Group Holding Ltd Benzinga - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 11:18 AM EDT
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (NYSE: BABA ) is getting a lot of chatter on Twitter Friday morning, and analysts are also sharing their opinions. In the past week, Cantor Fitzgerald, Wedbush, Atlantic Equities ...
- Story Stocks from Briefing.com Briefing.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 11:17 AM EDT
Story Stocks from Briefing.com
- Sanderson Farms Hikes Dividend; to Pay Special Dividend Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 11:10 AM EDT
Sanderson Farms, Inc. (SAFM) announced a 10% increase in its quarterly dividend rate, which now stands at 22 cents. This, along with a special dividend payment of 50 cents, will be paid on Oct 14, 2014 ...
- Why TIBCO Software (TIBX) Stock Is Declining Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 10:49 AM EDT
TIBCO Software (TIBX) shares fell after reporting third quarter earnings and revenue below analysts' expectations.
- Alibaba launches largest IPO in U.S. history, steps up as Silicon Valley competitor @ San Jose Mercury News - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 10:45 AM EDT
Chinese Internet juggernaut Alibaba shone in its trading debut on the New York Stock Exchange Friday, as the company takes the title of the largest public offering in the United States and the world's ...
- Why Rockwell Collins (COL) Stock Is Rising Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 10:30 AM EDT
Rockwell Collins (COL) stock is gaining after the company issued its fiscal 2015 earnings guidance and announced it approved an additional $500 million to expand its share repurchase program.