- Japan stocks rise on earnings, weaker yen @ MarketWatch - 6 minutes ago
LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- Japanese stocks are closing out the week on an upbeat note, with the Nikkei Average up 0.5% in early Friday trading, and the Topix 0.4% higher. With a flat lead from the U.S. ...
- Starbucks sales in Americas region up slightly more than expected Reuters - 1 hour 16 minutes ago
The third fiscal quarter report from the world's biggest coffee chain followed disappointing quarterly results from McDonald's Corp and Dunkin' Donuts parent Dunkin' Brands. Shares in Starbucks were down 2.4 percent to $78.50 in extended trading following its results. Chipotle and Starbucks are two of the top-performing …
- Questcor Investor's Business Daily - 1 hour 34 minutes ago
Questcor (QCOR) Q2 earnings climbed 37% to $1.85 a share, beating estimates by 11 cents. Revenue jumped 51% to $279 mil, above views for $261 mil, as prescriptions of rheumatoid arthritis gel Athcar increased ...
- Wabtec hits high on outlook Investor's Business Daily - 1 hour 34 minutes ago
Thanks to freight and transit growth, the railroad equipment manufacturer's Q2 revenue rose 15% to $731 mil, but still missed views for $738 mil. Earnings bumped up 18% to 91 cents a share, topping by ...
- Airline Stocks Swing To Sharp Losses Despite Hefty Q2 Profits @ Investor's Business Daily - 1 hour 40 minutes ago
The adage "buy the rumor, sell the news" was in full play within the airline sector Thursday. United Continental (UAL) and its peers reported earnings that topped estimates Thursday as passenger ...
- [$$] Universal Health Services Profit Falls @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 56 minutes ago
Universal Health Services' second-quarter profit fell slightly, as operating charges offset a 10% increase in revenue.
- Why Life Time Fitness, Inc. Stock Looked Weak Today @ Motley Fool - 2 hours 5 minutes ago
Is this meaningful? Or just another movement?
- Volatile Day For DFT After Stellar Quarterly Report @ Investor's Business Daily - 2 hours 11 minutes ago
Most people think of real estate investment trusts as plodding stocks that give decent returns over the long haul, but won't report a blow-out quarter that sends the stock into a frenzy. DuPont Fabros ...
- Netherlands Leaders Near Highs: Lyondell, NXP, Sensata @ Investor's Business Daily - 2 hours 30 minutes ago
Netherlands suffered more than its share of tragedy when a Malaysia Airlines jet crashed July 17 in Ukraine, killing 298 people, at least 193 of them were reported to be Dutch. The country has so far been ...
- Baidu, Inc. Shares Rise 7% on Second-Quarter Earnings Surprise @ Motley Fool - 2 hours 37 minutes ago
Chinese search titan Baidu beat Wall Street's earnings targets in the second quarter, sending shares as much as 7.6% higher after Thursday's closing bell.
- Visa Inc. Tops Expectations as Earnings Jump 15% @ Motley Fool - 2 hours 39 minutes ago
Thanks to strong revenue growth, Visa announced another impressive quarter as its earnings per share rose 15% over last year to stand at $2.17.
- NetSuite Reports Quarterly Earnings - Positive Signs @ Forbes - 2 hours 50 minutes ago
It's always interesting to hear NetSuite's earnings calls for a number of reasons. Firstly they are a good measure of where we are in terms of the broader shift from legacy technology products to cloud ones. Secondly, it's always interesting in respect of the fact that NetSuite, alongside other big [...]
- RF Micro Devices, Inc. Destroys Q1 Estimates; Shares Surge @ Motley Fool - 2 hours 57 minutes ago
Radio signal expert RF Micro Devices blew analyst estimates out of the water in the first quarter, and took steps toward the pending merger with TriQuint Semiconductor.
- Update: Pandora Beats Earnings But Market Is Clearly Nearing Saturation @ Seeking Alpha - 3 hours ago
After hours on Thursday, Pandora (NYSE: P ) announced positive earnings results, but gave guidance below analyst consensus. Total revenue increased 38% y/y to $219 million, driven by 39% advertising revenue ...
- Why Under Armour, Nokia, and Trulia Are Today's 3 Best Stocks @ Motley Fool - 3 hours ago
Earnings season pushes UA and Nokia higher on a slow day for the market.
- Visa 3Q profit rises 11% @ USA TODAY - 3 hours ago
Credit card giant's net income climbed by 11% in its fiscal third quarter and topped analysts' expectations.
- Profits Tell of a Turnaround by Major Airlines, and Point to the Start of a New Era @ The New York Times - 3 hours ago
American, United and Delta all posted record quarterly profits after a turbulent period of bankruptcies and mergers.
- Under Armour Eyes Global Playing Field As Strong Q2, Views Bolster Ambitions Investor's Business Daily - 3 hours ago
Under Armour stock hurtled to a new high Thursday after strong second-quarter results bolstered the fitness gear maker's ambitions to grab the spotlight as a global brand. Driven by gains in apparel and ...
- Update: McDonald's Earnings @ Seeking Alpha - 3 hours ago
McDonald's (NYSE: MCD ) American same store sales decreased by 2.5% for the second quarter compared to Q2 2013. It fell by 1% in May and by 3.5% in June. Total company sales rose by 1% to $7.18 billion. ...
- [$$] Starbucks Posts Higher Results @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
Starbucks said its quarterly earnings rose 23% on stronger sales across its regions, along with improved transaction volumes and higher tickets.
- Starbucks Brews Positive Earnings While Dunkin' Brands Melts Zacks - 3 hours ago
Dunkin' Brands reported earnings before the bell this morning, and the Starbucks impact is very evident.
- Carter’s will explore opportunities in China, Mexico, and Brazil Market Realist - 3 hours ago
Carter's forecast 2Q 2014 net sales to increase approximately 8% to 10% over the second quarter of fiscal 2013 and adjusted diluted earnings per share to be around $0.46.
- Starbucks Trounces Wall Street's Expectations... Again @ Motley Fool - 3 hours ago
Starbucks reported earnings results for its fiscal third-quarter after the market closed today. Here’s what investors need to know.
- USA Compression increases quarterly dividend to 50c from 49c theflyonthewall.com - 3 hours ago
USA Compression announced an increased cash distribution of 50c per unit on its common and subordinated units for Q2, which corresponds to an annualized distribution rate of $2.00 per unit, up from Q1 ...
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company's (BMY) CEO Lamberto Andreotti Q2 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcri … Seeking Alpha - 3 hours ago
At this time, I would like to turn the call over to Mr. John Elicker, Senior Vice President Investor Relations and Public Affairs. Thank you, John.
- Starbucks Trades Up Following Earnings Report Benzinga - 3 hours ago
Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ: SBUX ) reported its Q3 2014 earnings Thursday after the market close, reporting an EPS of $0.67 versus estimated $0.66, beating by $0.01. EPS were Up 22 percent from the ...
- Should You Take a Chance With Qualcomm? @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 3 hours ago
Qualcomm stock has failed to make positive progress in recent times and is currently pulling back.
- Under Armour Gets Bets Right as Shares Close Up 14 Percent StockTwits - 3 hours ago
Under Armour looking flashy today following stronger than expected earnings. The company has traders talking, and most think there\'s further upside to the company in the coming days.
- How Will Time Warner (TWX) Stock React To Board's Challenge To Murdoch? @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
Time Warner's (TWX) board of directors wants Twenty-First Century Fox's (FOXA) Rupert Murdoch to bid more than they think he'll be able to pay.
- Simon Property increases funds from operations and keeps dividend Market Realist - 4 hours ago
Occupancy percentage increased to 96.5% from 95.1% a year ago—an increase of 140 basis points.
- Starbucks posts higher profit ,revenue as traffic improves @ MarketWatch - 4 hours ago
Coffee chain raises outlook for the current quarter.
- Is Xerox (XRX) Likely to Disappoint on Q2 Earnings? Zacks - 4 hours ago
Xerox Corporation (XRX) is scheduled to report its second-quarter 2014 results before the opening bell on Jul 25.
- [$$] Health-Care IT Firm Cerner Posts Higher Profit @ The Wall Street Journal - 4 hours ago
Health-care information-technology company Cerner Corp.'s second-quarter earnings rose 14% on quarterly gains in both bookings and revenue.
- How Will Starbucks (SBUX) Stock React To Its Third Quarter Earnings Results? @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
Starbucks (SBUX) reported a growth in earnings per share and revenue for the 2014 third quarter.
- Why HomeAway (AWAY) Stock Is Up in After-Hours Trading Today @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
HomeAway (AWAY) is gaining after-hours Thursday after beating analysts' estimates for earnings and revenue in the second quarter.
- Visa (V) Stock Falls in After-Hours Trading Despite Earnings Beat @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
Visa (V) fell in after-hours trading on Thursday despite the credit card company's third-quarter earnings that beat analysts' expectations.
- Maxim Integrated raises quarterly dividend by 8% to 28c per share theflyonthewall.com - 4 hours ago
A cash dividend of 28c per share will be paid on September 4, to stockholders of record on August 21. This represents an 8% increase in the dividend compared to the prior quarter.
- Starbucks Introduces Its 2015 Earnings and Sales Outlook @ 24/7 Wall St. - 4 hours ago
Starbucks Corp. (NASDAQ: SBUX) has announced its third quarter earnings its fiscal 2014. Howard Schultz and friends reported that adjusted earnings were $0.67 per share and revenue grew %11 to $4.2 billion. ...
- Will TCF Financial (TCB) Miss Q2 Earnings Estimates? Zacks - 4 hours ago
TCF Financial Corporation (TCB) is scheduled to report its second-quarter 2014 results on Jul 25.
- Starbucks Profit Exceeds Estimates After Food Menu Boost Sales @ Bloomberg - 4 hours ago
Starbucks Corp. (SBUX) , the world’s biggest coffee-shop chain, reported a 23 percent gain in fiscal third-quarter profit after selling more food in the U.S., topping analysts’ estimates. Net income climbed to $512.6 million, or 67 cents a share, from $417.8 million, or 55 cents, a year earlier, the Seattle-based company …
- Stocks End Flat; Data, Earnings In Focus Morningstar - 4 hours ago
Stocks were little changed today after earnings and economic data. Initial unemployment claims fell 19,000 to 284,000 last week, the lowest level since February 2006 and well below the 310,000 claims expected by economists. New home sales dropped 8.1% in June to a seasonally adjusted rate of 406,000. Facebook's (FB) …
- Why TAL International Group, Inc. Stock Plunged Today @ Motley Fool - 4 hours ago
Is this meaningful or just another movement?
- Why Dr. Pepper Snapple Group (DPS) Stock Was Higher Today @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
Dr. Pepper Snapple Group (DPS) stock closed higher after reporting 2014 financial results that beat analyst expectations.
- Pandora (P) Stock Falls in After-Hours Trading Despite Positive Quarter @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
Pandora (P) is falling after-hours Thursday despite beating analysts' expectations for earnings and revenue in the second quarter.
- Why QUALCOMM (QCOM) Stock Closed Lower Today @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
Shares of QUALCOMM (QCOM) closed down on very heavy trading volume after the chipmaker said said it's struggling to collect license revenue from handset makers in China.
- CMS Energy Beats Q2 Earnings Estimates on Higher Revenues Zacks - 4 hours ago
In second-quarter 2014, CMS Energy Corporation's (CMS) earnings and revenues surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate.
- Here's What Drove Under Armour, Inc.'s Latest Beat and Raise @ Motley Fool - 4 hours ago
Under Armour stock is up 15% following its latest quarterly report. Here's why.
- 3 Stocks Pushing The Basic Materials Sector Lower @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
TheStreet highlights 3 stocks pushing the Basic Materials sector lower today.
- 3 Stocks Pushing The Health Care Sector Lower @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
TheStreet highlights 3 stocks pushing the Health Care sector lower today.
- 3 Stocks Pushing The Consumer Goods Sector Lower @ TheStreet.com - 4 hours ago
TheStreet highlights 3 stocks pushing the Consumer Goods sector lower today.