- CLEAR Coalition supports Governor Wolf's bold budget that invests in our students and our working fa … PR Newswire - 18 hours ago
HARRISBURG, Pa., March 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Leaders of the CLEAR Coalition congratulated Gov. Tom Wolf on his bold 2015-2016 budget proposal and vowed to work with the legislature to form bipartisan support for the vision that Gov. Wolf has outlined today. "The governor's proposed budget is a blueprint for moving Pennsylvania …
- Richmond Fed's Economic Quarterly Surveys the Labor Market Marketwired - 19 hours ago
In the U.S. labor market, unemployed individuals that are actively looking for work are more than three times as likely to become employed as those individuals that are not actively looking for work and ...
- Energy Transformation in U.S. Just Beginning, Says John Kingston, McGraw Hill Financial Institute Pr … PR Newswire - 22 hours ago
WASHINGTON, March 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- John Kingston, President of the McGraw Hill Financial Institute, will be testifying before the U.S. House of Representatives Energy and Commerce Committee and Energy and Power Subcommittee today. The hearing, entitled "21st Century Energy Markets: How the Changing Dynamics of World …
- U.S. Has Most Middle Market Companies on a Global Comparison, Though Segment Can Be Overlooked: HSBC Business Wire - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 5:00 AM EST
- Harper Government Reinforces Support for the Mining Industry during PDAC 2015 PR Newswire - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 8:45 AM EST
Canada's mining sector continues to innovate and contribute to our economy. The mining and mineral processing industry generates about $60 billion for Canada's GDP, employs some 380,000 Canadians, including 10,000 Aboriginal Peoples, and accounts for one-fifth of Canada's merchandise exports.
- Fitch Affirms Uruguay at 'BBB-'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 4:29 PM EST
Fitch Ratings has affirmed Uruguay's Long-term foreign IDR at 'BBB-' and the local currency IDR at 'BBB'. Fitch has also affirmed the issue ratings on Uruguay's senior unsecured foreign- and local-currency bonds at 'BBB-' and 'BBB', respectively.
- Fitch Rates Alaska's $258MM Bonds and BANs; Affirms Outstanding GOs at 'AAA' Business Wire - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 3:53 PM EST
Fitch Ratings has assigned the following ratings to obligations of the state of Alaska:
- Harper Government invests in projects helping to keep Canadian seniors active, engaged and informed PR Newswire - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 1:30 PM EST
TORONTO, Feb. 27, 2015 /CNW/ - The Honourable Alice Wong, Minister of State (Seniors), announced today that seniors across Canada will soon have new opportunities to put their energy, experience and leadership skills into action and make a difference in their communities. The Government of Canada has approved over 1,850 …
- Research and Markets: Employee Benefits in Malta - 2015 Review Business Wire - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 9:25 AM EST
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Employee Benefits in Malta" report to their offering.
- Accenture Awarded Contract to Enhance Finnish State Treasury Insurance Claims System Business Wire - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 12:30 AM EST
Accenture has won a public tender and signed a four-year framework agreement with the Finnish State Treasury to develop and maintain a range of IT applications that supp
- Fitch Rates Texas $200MM GO Water Bonds 'AAA'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 6:21 PM EST
Fitch Ratings has assigned a 'AAA' rating to approx. $200 million in State of Texas general obligation water financial assistance bonds, series 2015D.
- Fitch Affirms Wasco Union School District, CA's GO Bonds at 'AA-'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 1:14 PM EST
Fitch Ratings affirms Wasco Union School District, California general obligation bonds as follows:
- Bluewolf Announces AppealsTrak, a Salesforce Fullforce Certified Solution for Unemployment Insurance Marketwired - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 9:00 AM EST
Today, Bluewolf, a global business consulting firm, announced its Salesforce Fullforce certified solution, AppealsTrak, an end-to-end management system that empowers U.S. public sector agencies to modernize ...
- The Fraser Institute: Government Employees in Quebec Paid 10.8 per Cent More Than Comparable Private-Sector … Marketwired - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 6:30 AM EST
Government workers in Quebec receive higher wages and likely more generous non-wage benefits than their private sector counterparts, finds a new study by the Fraser Institute, an independent, non-partisan ...
- Fitch Upgrades California GO to 'A+'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 12:21 AM EST
Fitch Ratings assigns an 'A+' rating to the following general obligation bonds of the state of California:
- Fitch Rates Cameron County, TX LT Bonds 'AA-'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 4:39 PM EST
Fitch Ratings assigns an 'AA-' rating to the following Cameron County, TX's limited tax bonds:
- Fitch Affirms Various Tamarac, FL Ratings; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 1:54 PM EST
Fitch Ratings has affirmed the following ratings of Tamarac, FL :
- Fitch Affirms Mexico at 'BBB+'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 11:58 AM EST
Fitch Ratings has affirmed Mexico's long-term foreign and local currency IDRs at 'BBB+' and 'A-', respectively. The issue ratings on Mexico's senior unsecured foreign and local currency bonds are also affirmed at 'BBB+' and 'A-' respectively.
- Fitch Affirms Chicago, IL's ULTGOs at 'A-'; Outlook Negative Business Wire - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 5:19 PM EST
In accordance with its policy for review of outstanding ratings, Fitch Ratings has affirmed the following Chicago, IL bond ratings:
- How the Rising Dollar Ripples Across the Economy Business Wire - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 1:17 PM EST
The strengthening U.S. dollar is a double-edged sword for the economy and investors, according to a report released today by The American Institute for Economic Research.
- Second-hand economy in Canada worth $30 billion annually, report finds CNW Group - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 8:12 AM EST
Second-hand economy in Canada worth $30 billion annually, report finds
- Fitch Affirms Brunswick County, NC's at GOs at 'AA'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 5:24 PM EST
Fitch Ratings affirms the ratings on the following county obligations:
- Legg Mason Affiliates Offer Prescriptions For Sparking Global Economic Growth PR Newswire - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 9:00 AM EST
Legg Mason posed this simple yet complicated question to chief investment managers and portfolio managers at its seven affiliates, hoping to provide insights for institutional and retail investors. Policy in this area is intrinsically political, and thus not necessarily logical.
- Economic outlook positions Ontario as one of the growth leaders PR Newswire - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 8:00 AM EST
OTTAWA, Feb. 23, 2015 /CNW/ - The sudden collapse in oil prices has significantly altered the economic landscape in Canada and around the world. While some provinces will be negatively impacted, Ontario joins Manitoba and British Columbia as economic growth leaders this year, according to The Conference Board of Canada's …
- Fitch Rates Ohio Treasurer of State $110MM Bonds 'AA'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Thu, Feb 19, 2015 6:15 PM EST
Fitch Ratings has assigned an 'AA' rating to the following state of Ohio capital facilities lease-appropriation bonds:
- AMAPCEO Releases Ontario Pre-Budget Submission Marketwired - Thu, Feb 19, 2015 4:05 PM EST
As part of Ontario's pre-budget consultations the AMAPCEO President, representing 12,000 professional public sector employees, released its budget submission and a brief on the proposed Ontario Retirement ...
- Fitch Rates Maryland's $1.2B GOs 'AAA'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Thu, Feb 19, 2015 2:21 PM EST
Fitch Ratings assigns an 'AAA' rating to the following state of Maryland general obligation bonds, state and local facilities loan of 2015, first series, consistin
- Fraser Institute News Release: A Decade of Spending Increases Above Inflation and Population Growth Hindering … Marketwired - Thu, Feb 19, 2015 8:30 AM EST
The Alberta government's spending increases over the past decade-soaring $49 billion higher than inflation plus population growth would require- have hindered its ability to balance its books in the shadow ...
- Swedish government borrowing increases as deficit grows GlobeNewswire Europe - Thu, Feb 19, 2015 3:33 AM EST
Sweden`s central government budget deficit will grow this year as tax income slows and interest-rate payments increase. The Debt Office`s new forecast shows deficits of SEK 80 billion in 2015 and SEK 34 ...
- Fitch Affirms Schertz, Texas' GOs and COs at 'AA'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Wed, Feb 18, 2015 4:13 PM EST
Fitch Ratings affirms the following Schertz, TX outstanding bonds at 'AA':
- Study: Reinsurance Tax Proposal Pushes Anti-Growth Agenda PR Newswire - Wed, Feb 18, 2015 3:25 PM EST
According to the report by Alan Cole, an Economist at the Tax Foundation's Center for Federal Tax Policy, a measure in President Obama's FY 2016 budget and similar legislation proposed by Reps. Richard Neal (D-MA) and Bill Pascrell (D-NJ) and Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ) to tax foreign reinsurers would cost the economy more …
- Fitch Rates Sarasota County, FL's Sales Surtax Bonds 'AA+'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Wed, Feb 18, 2015 2:16 PM EST
Fitch Ratings has assigned an 'AA+' rating to the following revenue bonds of Sarasota County, FL :
- Video: OPIC Support Allowed California Business to Grow, Develop Sustainable Agriculture in Brazilian … Business Wire - Wed, Feb 18, 2015 2:05 PM EST
With the help of financing from the Overseas Private Investment Corporation , the U.S. Government’s development finance institution, California-based company Sambazon success
- Research and Markets: Employee Benefits in Ukraine: 2015 Business Wire - Wed, Feb 18, 2015 12:39 PM EST
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Employee Benefits in Ukraine" report to their offering
- The Fraser Institute: News Release; Government Employees in Ontario Paid 11.5 Per Cent More Than Comparable … Marketwired - Wed, Feb 18, 2015 6:25 AM EST
Government workers in Ontario receive higher wages and likely more generous non-wage benefits than their private sector counterparts, finds a new study by the Fraser Institute, an independent, non-partisan ...
- Fitch Rates Nevada's $310 MM GO Bonds 'AA+'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Tue, Feb 17, 2015 5:55 PM EST
Fitch Ratings assigns an 'AA+' rating to the following State of Nevada general obligation limited tax bonds:
- Thomson Reuters Checkpoint Releases Special Report on the President's Fiscal Year 2016 Budget GlobeNewswire Europe - Tue, Feb 17, 2015 12:17 PM EST
NEW YORK, February 17, 2015 - Thomson Reuters Checkpoint has released a special report, President`s Fiscal Year 2016 Budget . The President`s budget contains a host of individual and business tax proposals. ...
- Falling oil prices, weaker Canadian dollar turn the tables on the provincial outlook: CIBC World Mar … PR Newswire - Tue, Feb 17, 2015 7:30 AM EST
TORONTO, Feb. 17, 2015 /CNW/ - Falling oil prices and a now-weaker Canadian dollar have turned the tables on the outlook for provincial economies, finds a new report from CIBC World Markets. "A dramatic drop in oil prices, juxtaposed against a still-healthy U.S. economy, has turned the tables on relative provincial growth, …
- Legislation Proposed to Washington Voters: Tie Tax Breaks to Jobs and Wages Business Wire - Mon, Feb 16, 2015 1:15 PM EST
New polling shows that more than two-thirds of likely Washington voters support tying tax breaks for aerospace companies to requirements for maintaining jobs and providing living w
- Fitch Rates NYC Transitional Finance Auth's $700MM Future Tax Secured Bonds 'AAA'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Fri, Feb 13, 2015 5:30 PM EST
Fitch Ratings assigns an 'AAA' rating to the following New York City Transitional Finance Authority subordinate fixed-rate future tax secured bonds:
- Fitch Rates Birmingham-Jefferson Civic Center Auth Revs 'AA-'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Fri, Feb 13, 2015 5:17 PM EST
Fitch Ratings has assigned an initial public rating of 'AA-' to the following special tax bonds to be issued by the Birmingham-Jefferson Civic Center Authority :
- Fitch Rates Bernalillo County, NM's GO Bonds 'AAA'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Fri, Feb 13, 2015 3:52 PM EST
Fitch Ratings assigns an 'AAA' rating to the following Bernalillo County, NM bonds:
- Nation’s Workforce Leaders to Convene in Washington for NASWA Winter Meeting Business Wire - Fri, Feb 13, 2015 2:12 PM EST
The nation’s leaders responsible for heading State Workforce Agencies will gather in Washington, D.C., February 19-20, for the National Association of State Workforce Agencies’ Winter Policy Forum.
- Fitch Affirms Presidio ISD, TX's ULT Bonds at 'A'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Thu, Feb 12, 2015 2:57 PM EST
Fitch Ratings takes the following rating action on Presidio Independent School District, Texas' unlimited tax bonds:
- Fitch Affirms Taft School District, California's GOs at 'A+'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Thu, Feb 12, 2015 2:28 PM EST
Fitch Ratings has affirmed the following Taft City School District, California's general obligation bonds at 'A+':
- Brandywine Global Considers Energy Cost Declines A Broad Blessing For Worldwide Economies PR Newswire - Thu, Feb 12, 2015 12:00 PM EST
PHILADELPHIA, Feb. 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The global collapse of energy prices has analysts everywhere grasping for answers. The Global Fixed Income team at Brandywine Global, an affiliate of Legg Mason, believes there are real benefits to the current situation – which well-positioned investors can exploit. "The collapse …
- Fitch Rates Louisiana's $228MM GO Bonds 'AA'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Wed, Feb 11, 2015 3:23 PM EST
Fitch Ratings assigns an 'AA' rating to the following general obligation issue of the state of Louisiana:
- Fitch Affirms Washoe County School District, NV GOs at 'AA-'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Wed, Feb 11, 2015 2:50 PM EST
Fitch Ratings has affirmed the following Washoe County School District, NV ratings at 'AA-':
- B.C. Retailers Caution Against Tax Increase, Encourage Province to Target Illegal Tobacco Market Marketwired - Wed, Feb 11, 2015 1:25 PM EST
The Western Convenience Stores Association is cautioning Minister De Jong and the Clark government against including a tobacco tax increase in next week's provincial budget.
- New Research from the Stanford Graduate School of Business Could Give Policymakers More Tools to Foresee … Business Wire - Wed, Feb 11, 2015 10:00 AM EST
If Ken Singleton’s current research had been complete in 2007, policymakers would have had a sharper signal that risk premiums in bond markets were anomalously low leading up to the economic crisis — and, perhaps, another clue that the calamity was coming and how severe it would be.