- Assembly Member Sharon Quirk-Silva Vows to Protect Prop 13 and Oppose Split Roll Marketwired - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 7:44 PM EST
Orange County Business Council welcomed Assembly Member Sharon Quirk-Silva, California State Assembly, 65th District, to its Advocacy and Government Affairs Committee meeting today. Business leaders voiced ...
- Fitch Rates El Paso, Texas Refunding GOs 'AA'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 4:50 PM EST
Fitch Ratings assigns an 'AA' rating to the following El Paso, Texas general obligation bonds:
- Fitch: California Must Contain Spending to Continue Rebound Business Wire - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 2:49 PM EST
California is benefiting from an economic and revenue rebound, combined with three consecutive balanced budgets. However, continuing this progress will require the state to resist restoring spending levels and prioritize the payoff of past borrowing for operations, Fitch Ratings says.
- Fitch Affirms Placerville Union School District, CA's $5MM GO Bonds at 'AA-'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 1:03 PM EST
Fitch Ratings affirms its 'AA-' rating on the following Placerville Union School District, CA general obligation bonds:
- Fitch Rates New Hampshire's $84MM GO Bonds 'AA+' Business Wire - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 9:39 AM EST
Fitch Ratings has assigned an 'AA+' rating to the State of New Hampshire's general obligation capital improvement bonds consisting of:
- Minister of State Bernier Participates in Startup Canada Day on the Hill Marketwired - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 4:00 PM EST
The Honourable Maxime Bernier, Minister of State , today delivered remarks as part of Startup Canada Day taking place on Parliament Hill. Organized by Startup Canada, this event brings entrepreneurs and ...
- Atlanta Selected to Join Global Cities Initiative’s New Exchange Network Business Wire - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 1:00 PM EST
Today, Atlanta is joining a new exchange network created by the Global Cities Initiative, a joint project of Brookings and JPMorgan Chase. The Exchange is a network of metropolitan areas committed to establishing actionable plans that will promote greater global trade and economic competitiveness.
- Aqua New Jersey Pitches Municipalities on Benefits of Partnering with Private Water and Wastewater U … Business Wire - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 12:56 PM EST
Aqua New Jersey, Inc. courted several municipalities at the New Jersey League of Municipalities event this week in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Today: Unifor stresses job creation PR Newswire - Thu, Nov 21, 2013 10:11 AM EST
OTTAWA, Nov. 21, 2013 /CNW/ - Unifor Economist Jim Stanford and Assistant to the President Dave Moffat will be speaking today before the House of Commons Standing Committee on Finance, in pre-budget consultations. ...
- Tomorrow: Unifor stresses job creation PR Newswire - Wed, Nov 20, 2013 3:00 PM EST
OTTAWA, Nov. 20, 2013 /CNW/ - Unifor Economist Jim Stanford and Assistant to the President Dave Moffat will be speaking Thursday, Nov. 21, before the House of Commons Standing Committee on Finance, in ...
- Survey Reveals that American Public Schools Provide a 'Fee Education' Business Wire - Wed, Nov 20, 2013 8:00 AM EST
The short window between back-to-school time and the holiday shopping season traditionally gives families a short spending reprieve. But new research shows American families face an ongoing budget crunch due to fees assessed by U.S.
- Study Reveals $30 Billion Economic Impact of the Maritime Industry in Washington State Business Wire - Tue, Nov 19, 2013 5:30 PM EST
The maritime industry in Washington State generated a total of $30 billion in direct, indirect and induced revenues in 2012 and is responsible for over 148,000 workers according to a comprehensive study commissioned by the Economic Development Council of Seattle and King County and the Workforce Development Council of Seattle-King …
- Fitch Affirms Pawtucket, RI's GO Bonds at 'BBB-'; Outlook Revised to Positive Business Wire - Tue, Nov 19, 2013 4:07 PM EST
Fitch Ratings has affirmed the rating on the following City of Pawtucket, Rhode Island's outstanding general obligation bonds:
- Fitch Rates South Carolina's $146MM GOs 'AAA'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Tue, Nov 19, 2013 3:16 PM EST
Fitch Ratings assigns an 'AAA' rating to approximately $146.4 million of State of South Carolina general obligation bonds, consisting of:
- Fitch Affirms Coral Springs, FL's GOs and Revs; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Tue, Nov 19, 2013 2:32 PM EST
Fitch Ratings takes the following rating actions on Coral Springs, FL's bonds:
- Fitch Rates Bexar County, Texas' LT and ULT Rfdg Bonds 'AAA'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Tue, Nov 19, 2013 2:00 PM EST
Fitch Ratings assigns an 'AAA' rating to the following Bexar County, Texas obligations:
- Unifor calls for release of CETA details, warns of repercussions for key economic sectors PR Newswire - Tue, Nov 19, 2013 11:05 AM EST
OTTAWA, Nov. 19, 2013 /CNW/ - Speaking to the federal Standing Committee on International Trade this morning, Unifor National President Jerry Dias expressed concerns about what has been released so far about the proposed free trade deal with Europe, urging that the full text of the deal be made public. "In free trade deals, …
- Fitch Rates Texas Public Finance Authority's $45MM GOs 'AAA'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Tue, Nov 19, 2013 9:46 AM EST
Fitch Ratings has assigned an 'AAA' rating to the following Texas Public Finance Authority state of Texas general obligation bonds:
- As Government Small Business Loans Prove Unreliable, ACBL Remains Steadfast PR Newswire - Mon, Nov 18, 2013 8:01 PM EST
LOS ANGELES, Nov. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- For years, the U.S. Small Business Administration has been the primary source of aid for modest-sized companies looking to compete in an increasingly tough marketplace. Yet, while recent events have illustrated a weakening confidence in government agencies, the innovative lending …
- Fitch Rates District of Columbia's $500MM GOs 'AA-'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Mon, Nov 18, 2013 6:08 PM EST
Fitch Ratings assigns an 'AA-' rating to District of Columbia general obligation , series 2013A bonds.
- Fitch Rates Westchester County, NY's LTGO Bonds 'AAA'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Mon, Nov 18, 2013 3:29 PM EST
Fitch Ratings has assigned an 'AAA' rating to the following Westchester County, NY bonds:
- Fitch Affirms Lakeport USD, CA's GO Bonds at 'A+'; Outlook Negative Business Wire - Mon, Nov 18, 2013 1:28 PM EST
Fitch Ratings affirms the following Lakeport Unified School District, California's general obligation bonds:
- Fitch Rates Cleburne, TX Ltd Tax Bonds 'AA-'; Stable Outlook Business Wire - Mon, Nov 18, 2013 1:06 PM EST
Fitch Ratings has assigned an 'AA-' rating to the following Cleburne, Texas bonds:
- Minister of State Bernier Celebrates Global Entrepreneurship Week 2013 Marketwired - Mon, Nov 18, 2013 10:17 AM EST
The Honourable Maxime Bernier, Minister of State , made the following statement to mark the start of Global Entrepreneurship Week 2013, which takes place from November 18 to 24:
- GloPal - A New Global Networking Platform Connects and Engages the Palestinian Diaspora Business Wire - Mon, Nov 18, 2013 9:00 AM EST
A new initiative from PITA, the Palestinian IT Association of Companies, has been created with the objective of forming new business opportunities and interactions with the Palesti
- Fitch Rates Weber County, Utah's GOs 'AAA'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Mon, Nov 18, 2013 8:54 AM EST
Fitch Ratings has assigned the following rating to Weber County , Utah's general obligation bonds:
- Associated PA Constructors: Transportation funding bill represents 60,000 jobs PR Newswire - Fri, Nov 15, 2013 10:48 AM EST
HARRISBURG, Pa., Nov. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As indications grow stronger that the General Assembly will consider a $2.4 billion transportation funding measure next week, a trade association for the highway construction industry noted that nearly 60,000 jobs are riding on the measure's success or failure. "It's a pretty …
- Gas Tax Fund: Building Success in First Nation Communities PR Newswire - Fri, Nov 15, 2013 9:39 AM EST
OTTAWA, Nov. 15, 2013 /CNW/ - The Honourable Bernard Valcourt, Minister of Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development, announced today that new funding to support infrastructure projects in First Nation communities through the Gas Tax Fund (GTF) will be available in 2014-2015. "Our Government is proud to invest in important …
- Fitch Places Puerto GO and Related Debt Ratings on Rating Watch Negative Business Wire - Thu, Nov 14, 2013 4:48 PM EST
Fitch Ratings has placed the 'BBB-' ratings of the following Commonwealth of Puerto Rico debt on Rating Watch Negative:
- CAGW Releases November WasteWatcher Business Wire - Thu, Nov 14, 2013 3:51 PM EST
Today Citizens Against Government Waste released its WasteWatcher, a monthly dispatch to members of the news media, highlighting some of the most prominent fiscal issues affecting American taxpayers.
- Canada's Gas Tax Fund Delivers for Communities Marketwired - Thu, Nov 14, 2013 10:00 AM EST
This week, the Government of Canada is making available the second installment of the annual $2-billion federal Gas Tax Fund for municipal infrastructure. The Honourable Denis Lebel, Minister of Infrastructure, ...
- Latest American Community Survey Shows Utah’s Housing Value at $209,000 and Homeownership Rate at 69.7 … Business Wire - Thu, Nov 14, 2013 8:00 AM EST
The U.S. Census Bureau today released the latest statistics from the American Community Survey, which cover a three-year period from 2010-2012 and are available for areas with a population of 20,000 or more.
- Public sector compensation robbing Canadians of retirement savings CNW Group - Thu, Nov 14, 2013 6:30 AM EST
Public sector compensation robbing Canadians of retirement savings
- Canada's Unexpected Export Driver? Tourism Marketwired - Thu, Nov 14, 2013 12:01 AM EST
Strengthening the Canadian tourism industry would significantly impact the Canadian economy, according to new research released today by Deloitte. The report, Passport to growth: How international arrivals ...
- BMO Economics: U.S. Will See Faster Growth in 2014 Marketwired - Wed, Nov 13, 2013 4:02 PM EST
The fiscal challenges that dragged on much of 2013, from government cutbacks to consumer debt, are expected to abate next year and open the doors for GDP to continue revving up, according to a new report ...
- Fitch Rates Ocean City, MD's GO Bonds 'AA-'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Wed, Nov 13, 2013 12:58 PM EST
Fitch Ratings assigns an 'AA-' rating to the following general obligation bonds of the town of Ocean City, Maryland :
- Independent Living Centers View Partnerships As Key To Ensuring "No Wrong Door" For California Veterans … PR Newswire - Wed, Nov 13, 2013 12:47 PM EST
SACRAMENTO, Calif., Nov. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- California's veterans deserve timely access to services since they served us when we needed them most. Gateways to veterans services rely on extensive collaboration among a wide array of providers. The current state of affairs often is referred to as the "Great Myth" because, …
- Minister Moore Highlights Benefits of Canada-EU Trade Agreement for British Columbia at B.C. Business … Marketwired - Wed, Nov 13, 2013 11:34 AM EST
Today, as co-chair of the first annual B.C. Business Summit, the Honourable James Moore, Minister of Industry and Minister Responsible for British Columbia, delivered an opening address that laid out the ...
- Fitch Rates Cook County, IL, ULTGOs 'AA-'; Outlook Negative Business Wire - Tue, Nov 12, 2013 5:27 PM EST
Fitch Ratings has assigned an 'AA-' rating to the following Cook County, Illinois , bonds:
- Fitch Rates New Jersey Building Authority's $299MM Bonds and BANs 'A+' Business Wire - Tue, Nov 12, 2013 5:05 PM EST
Fitch Ratings assigns an 'A+' rating to the following issues of the New Jersey Building Authority :
- Fitch Expects to Rate Jefferson County, AL's Series 2013 GO Warrants 'BBB-'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Mon, Nov 11, 2013 3:17 PM EST
Fitch Ratings expects to assign a 'BBB-'rating to the following Jefferson County, Alabama general obligation warrants:
- Avis Budget Group Recognized as 2014 Military Friendly Employer GlobeNewswire - Mon, Nov 11, 2013 11:06 AM EST
PARSIPPANY, N.J. -- Avis Budget Group, Inc. announced today that it has earned the 2014 Military Friendly Employer(R) title from Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse. Companies competed ...
- Is It Possible to Raise Revenues While Lowering Taxes and Not Cutting Spending? Yes, Only With A Shadow … PR Newswire - Mon, Nov 11, 2013 9:58 AM EST
NEW YORK, Nov. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Creating a Shadow Tax in the US would cut through party lines, dramatically increase government revenues, and increase gainful employment. Partisan bickering and confusion has led to the Great Recession and recently a government shutdown. Both sides have elements of truth and elements …
- Long-time staff at Ottawa Bell call centre told to relocate or get laid off PR Newswire - Mon, Nov 11, 2013 9:58 AM EST
OTTAWA, Nov. 11, 2013 /CNW/ - Bell Canada has announced that the positions of seven long-time employees working out of an Ottawa call centre, members of Unifor local 6004, are being relocated to the Creekbank Campus in Mississauga. While the workers were told they can retain their position if they relocate to Mississauga, …
- Fitch Downgrades Chicago, IL's ULTGOs to 'A-'; Outlook Negative Business Wire - Fri, Nov 8, 2013 7:45 PM EST
Fitch Ratings has downgraded the following Chicago, IL bond ratings:
- Fitch Rates Ocean County, NJ's GOs 'AAA'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Fri, Nov 8, 2013 4:59 PM EST
Fitch Ratings has assigned an 'AAA' rating to the following general obligation bonds of the county of Ocean, New Jersey :
- Fitch Rates Carroll County, Maryland's $26MM GOs 'AAA'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Fri, Nov 8, 2013 4:52 PM EST
Fitch Ratings assigns an 'AAA' rating to the following general obligation bonds of Carroll County, Maryland :
- North Carolina Farm Bureau: US Government May 'Hold Hostage' Final Tobacco Buyout Owed to NC Farmers PR Newswire - Fri, Nov 8, 2013 3:51 PM EST
RALEIGH, N.C., Nov. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The US Government is considering withholding millions in non-taxpayer dollars owed to North Carolinians that depend on this income as part of the landmark tobacco buyout settlement. In 2004, the American Jobs Creation Act established the Tobacco Transition Payment Program (TTPP) …
- Dedicated Infrastructure Fund a Positive Sign in Ontario's Fall Economic Statement: CivicAction PR Newswire - Fri, Nov 8, 2013 3:45 PM EST
TORONTO, Nov. 8, 2013 /CNW/ - Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA) residents are making their voices heard. The Trillium Trust, a dedicated infrastructure investment fund introduced in Ontario's fall economic statement, represents a good first step towards dedicated funding to make it easier for people and goods to …
- Fitch Rates Sugar Land, TX's Ltd Tax COs 'AAA'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Fri, Nov 8, 2013 2:58 PM EST
Fitch Ratings has assigned an 'AAA' rating to the following Sugar Land, TX's limited tax obligations:--$25.17 million combination tax and revenue certificates of obligat