- Asia stocks turn mixed after Fed taper; emerging markets watched @ CNBC - 12 minutes ago
Asian stocks were mixed on Thursday after the Federal Reserve unveiled a cut in monetary stimulus but vowed to keep interest rates low.
- Ansell, CSL, Commonwealth Bank, Suncorp – Dividend prospects for 2014 @ Motley Fool - 12 minutes ago
The rally in stock prices has seen a tightening of dividend yields.
- Novak Djokovic Hires Boris Becker as Coach @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 minutes ago
Novak Djokovic gave tennis an off-season jolt Wednesday by hiring former world No. 1 Boris Becker as his coach.
- [$$] Busy BP Still Has Work to Do @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 minutes ago
The U.K. oil major is determined to get back to operational normality after the Deepwater Horizon disaster. It still has work to do.
- [$$] Jabil Loses in Apple's Generation Game @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 minutes ago
Investors thinking about the iPhone 6 should pay attention to some worrying signs about Apple's existing business.
- [$$] EU Finance Ministers Agree on Bank Resolution System @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 minutes ago
Deal ends standoff between Berlin, other European capitals over design of 'Single Resolution Mechanism,' and its ability to tap European taxpayer money as last resort.
- [$$] ConvergEx Settles Fraud Charges for $151 Million @ The Wall Street Journal - 14 minutes ago
ConvergEx Group agreed to pay more than $151 million to settle criminal and civil charges that it inflated fees when trading for clients.
- [$$] EU Probes Aid to Spanish Soccer Clubs @ The Wall Street Journal - 14 minutes ago
The European Commission launched a formal investigation into alleged illegal aid for seven Spanish soccer clubs, including Real Madrid and FC Barcelona.
- [$$] Volvo Truck Sales Rise @ The Wall Street Journal - 14 minutes ago
Swedish truck maker Volvo continued to report healthy demand last month for its Volvo brand of heavy-duty trucks even as sales of its minor brands stagnated.
- [$$] Fresh Fighting Erupts in South Sudan @ The Wall Street Journal - 15 minutes ago
More than 400 people have died in days of political and ethnic violence, officials said, as new violence was reported outside the capital Juba.
- [$$] Egypt's Morsi Charged With Treason, Could Face Death Penalty @ The Wall Street Journal - 15 minutes ago
Egyptian authorities charged ousted President Mohammed Morsi with treason, espionage, and sponsoring terrorism, alleging he collaborated with Iran and allied militant groups to destabilize the country....
- [$$] Pussy Riot, Greenpeace Activists Could Go Free After Russia Passes Amnesty @ The Wall Street Journal - 16 minutes ago
Russia's parliament passed a sweeping amnesty that could pave the way for the jailed members of the punk group Pussy Riot and environmental activists from Greenpeace facing charges from an Arctic protest ...
- [$$] World Watch @ The Wall Street Journal - 16 minutes ago
- [$$] EU Calls Italy's Treatment of Migrants 'Appalling' @ The Wall Street Journal - 16 minutes ago
Video shot at the Lampedusa detention center and shown by Italian broadcaster RAI on Monday has caused outrage over the treatment of undocumented migrants.
- [$$] Merkel's Europe Fix Has Few Takers @ The Wall Street Journal - 16 minutes ago
Angela Merkel, delivering the inaugural parliamentary address of her third term as German chancellor, offered a familiar remedy for Europe's ills: more Europe. The trouble is that few may be willing to ...
- What's News: Business & Finance @ The Wall Street Journal - 16 minutes ago
What's News: Business & Finance
- China's shares may be cheap, but they could get cheaper @ CNBC - 19 minutes ago
Stocks trading on the China's mainland exchanges are looking cheap, but as Beijing's reform agenda kicks in, they may get even cheaper.
- [video] Asian Markets Welcome Fed Tapering @ MarketWatch - 27 minutes ago
Markets across Asia breathed a sigh of relief after the U.S. Federal Reserve started gradually pulling back on its aggressive stimulus measures. The WSJ’s Jake Lee spoke to HSBC economist Leif Eskesen....
- NAB sees ‘years of modest economic growth’ ahead @ Motley Fool - 27 minutes ago
Growth challenges await for the Australian economy.
- Citi picks AIA for Asia distribution deal @ Financial Times - 28 minutes ago
Citigroup has picked AIA Group as its partner in a multibillion-dollar distribution deal that will allow the Asian life insurer's products to be sold through the US bank's network across the region. If ...
- Westfield’s Peter Allen to ease breakup concerns @ Motley Fool - 53 minutes ago
Shares continue to fall since the proposal was made.
- Rupee mildly weaker after U.S. Fed's taper decision Reuters - 53 minutes ago
- Yuan gains stature as China relaxes currency controls CNNMoney.com - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
China is slowly relaxing its grip on the yuan, allowing the currency to hit record highs against the U.S. dollar. So far this year, the yuan has gained 3% against the dollar, and that trend may well continue ...
- This will be our biggest market by far: Airbus @ CNBC - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
Asia is set to become the biggest market for Airbus, the company's CEO told CNBC following a deal to supply new aircraft to Malaysia's AirAsiaX.
- World markets set for rally following Fed announcement CNNMoney.com - 1 hour 10 minutes ago
World markets were poised to rally Thursday after the Federal Reserve surprised some experts by announcing a modest reduction, or tapering, in its bond buying program. Some market watchers had been holding ...
- Why the Dow Jumped 300 Points @ Motley Fool - 1 hour 21 minutes ago
The Fed finally kicked off the long-awaited taper, but Wall Street's reaction was not as expected.
- Graham Mackay, Who Built Beer Empire, Dies at 64 @ The New York Times - 1 hour 21 minutes ago
Mr. Mackay helped transform South Africa’s biggest brewer into SABMiller, one of the world’s biggest beer conglomerates.
- [video] We're Seeing Positive Signs in PC Market: HP's Chu @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 33 minutes ago
Dec. 19 (Bloomberg) -- Hewlett-Packard's Robert Chu discusses the outlook for the PC industry with Rishaad Salamat on Bloomberg Television's "On The Move Asia." (Source: Bloomberg)
- My Top 5 dividend stocks for 2014 @ Motley Fool - 1 hour 38 minutes ago
In the next year we’ll see big dividend stocks continue to remain high as investors seek better returns for their cash.
- Aquila Advances After China’s Baosteel Buys Stake: Sydney Mover @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
Aquila Resources Ltd., developing an iron ore project in Australia, rose the most in five months in Sydney trading after China’s Baosteel Group Corp. bought a stake.
- China Grave Developer Leads Surge in IPO Stocks on Fed Support @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 45 minutes ago
Fu Shou Yuan International Group Ltd., a Chinese developer of graveyards, soared on its Hong Kong trading debut as optimism the Federal Reserve will keep interest rates near record lows stoked demand for ...
- Why Micron Technology Shares Dropped 5% Today @ Motley Fool - 1 hour 49 minutes ago
Word on the Street is SK Hynix is building a new factory. Are Micron investors panicking -- or just taking profits off the table?
- Asia front and centre at ANZ AGM @ Motley Fool - 1 hour 54 minutes ago
ANZ's top brass have stood behind the bank's Asian strategy.
- Santos says GLNG signs gas purchase agreement with Origin Energy Reuters - 1 hour 59 minutes ago
Australia's Santos Ltd has signed a second gas purchase agreement with rival Origin energy to help supply its Gladstone liquefied natural gas (LNG) export plant in eastern Australia, Santos company said on Thursday. Origin will supply Santos with 100 petajoules (PJ) of gas at oil-linked prices for five years beginning …
- Amarin, Vivus, and Teva: The 3 Biggest Management Shake-Ups of 2013 @ Motley Fool - 2 hours 6 minutes ago
Forget Steve Ballmer and Ron Johnson. These are the management shake-ups that health-care investors were watching this year.
- Can Naver Sustain its Share Price Rise? Some Say No @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 9 minutes ago
The popularity of mobile chat app Line has boosted the stock price of its operator Latest local media and brokerage reports have been filled with headlines that paint a rosy picture for Naver, which is based in South Korea but whose app gained popularity in Japan. a local brokerage, went as far as saying that Line has …
- [video] AirAsia CEO Sees `Massive' Opportunity in Europe @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 26 minutes ago
Dec. 19 (Bloomberg) -- Tony Fernandes, group chief executive officer of AirAsia Bhd., Asia’s biggest budget carrier, talks about the company's business strategy including its decision to order 25 Airbus ...
- Venezuela's president calls for higher gas prices Associated Press - 2 hours 41 minutes ago
- Heard On The Field @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 46 minutes ago
Novak Djokovic gave tennis an off-season jolt Wednesday by hiring former world No. 1 Boris Becker as his coach.
- Nikkei rises 1.5 percent as Fed's taper signals confidence in U.S. economy Reuters - 2 hours 48 minutes ago
Japan's Nikkei share average jumped 1.5 percent on Thursday morning to within striking distance of its year high, as global equity markets took the glass half-full view after the U.S. Federal Reserve announced it would start to unwind its historic stimulus. Tokyo stocks were also bolstered by a surge in the dollar/yen …
- Kerry Logistics Jumps 11% on Hong Kong Trading Debut @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 49 minutes ago
Kerry Logistics Network Ltd., a unit of billionaire Robert Kuok’s Kerry Properties Ltd., jumped as much as 10.8 percent in its Hong Kong trading debut today.
- Nikkei rises 1.5 pct as Fed's taper signals confidence in US economy Reuters - 2 hours 49 minutes ago
* Nikkei may top 16,000 and end that level at year end - analyst * Fed taper eases market uncertainty * JPMorgan and others sell futures to lock in profits from Wed - traders By Ayai Tomisawa TOKYO, Dec 19 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average jumped 1.5 percent on Thursday morning to within striking distance of its …
- My top 2 small-cap stocks for 2014 (and beyond) @ Motley Fool - 2 hours 50 minutes ago
This Fool believes 1300 Smiles and Silver Chef will handsomely reward long-term shareholders.
- RBS clamps down on multi-dealer online chat rooms - report Reuters - 2 hours 56 minutes ago
(Reuters) - Royal Bank of Scotland Group's (LSE:RBS) markets division has banned the use of multi-dealer online chat rooms, joining rival banks that have taken similar action in response to regulatory ...
- Brazil's Gafisa sees fewer launches, Tenda recovery in 2014 Reuters - 2 hours 58 minutes ago
Brazilian homebuilder Gafisa SA plans to rein in new projects and expenses next year as it seeks to cut debt and boost profitability, executives said on Wednesday. Its Gafisa unit, which builds mid-priced homes, will launch between 1.5 billion reais ($647 million) and 1.7 billion reais worth of new projects next year, …
- The Laptop: Cheaper but Still a Workhorse @ The New York Times - 3 hours ago
Laptops under $400 will not be the fastest speed demons with the most dazzling displays, but the choices are enough to meet a variety of needs.
- CMT MTN Pte. Ltd -- Moody's assigns a definitive A2 rating to CMT's MTN drawdown @ Moody's - 3 hours ago
Singapore, December 19, 2013-- Moody's Investors Service has assigned a definitive A2 senior unsecured rating to the SGD100 million notes issued by CMT MTN Pte Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of CapitaMall ...
- [video] Airbus CEO on Order for A330s From AirAsia X @ Bloomberg - 3 hours ago
Dec. 19 (Bloomberg) -- Airbus SAS Chief Executive Officer Fabrice Bregier talks about the order for 25 A330s from AirAsia X Bhd., the long-haul subsidiary of Asia’s largest low-cost carrier. He spoke yesterday ...
- China funeral company to soar in HK debut, leads spate of 1st day pops Reuters - 3 hours ago
Fu Shou Yuan International Group Ltd, China's largest provider of funeral services, is set to jump 59 percent in its Hong Kong trading debut on Thursday, leading a pack of first-day trading pops in the ...
- Shock resignation of Realestate.com.au owner – is it an opportunity? @ Motley Fool - 3 hours ago
Assurances were provided that the business was on track to deliver against its strategy in FY2014.