- Social Media Analytics: 3 ETFs Recently Blowing Up On Twitter Benzinga - 2 hours 46 minutes ago
As social media's relevance in the investing world continues to grow, so does the importance of keeping track of what is said in the sphere. Market Prophit compiles and analyzes social media commentary ...
- ETF Market Vital Signs, Feb. 26 @ Barrons.com - 3 hours ago
Two down days in a row for the S&P 500, but the benchmark remains 0.2% from its all-time high. Daily performance for the largest U.S. exchange-traded funds: (Non-leveraged or inverse ETFs that traded more ...
- An Attractive Time to Invest in TIPS @ Kiplinger - 3 hours ago
Ebbing inflation fears have created an opportunity for investors interested in long-term inflation protection for their portfolios.
- ETFs with holdings in Nordstrom Market Realist - 3 hours ago
This article discusses ETFs with holdings in Nordstrom.
- 2 Internet ETFs Flexing Their Muscles Benzinga - 5 hours ago
The Federal Communications Commission approved the policy known as net neutrality in a vote on Thursday . This procedure ensures that users will not be subjected to any government or corporate controls ...
- US stock indexes on record-breaking spree Market Realist - 7 hours ago
US stocks are not looking back. US stock indexes have been on a record-setting spree that continued in the week ended February 20, 2015.
- Exchange-traded funds that hold big pharma Market Realist - 11 hours ago
The SPDR Healthcare Select Sector ETF (XLV) is focused on big pharma companies, healthcare equipment and supplies, and biotechnology companies.
- PowerShares Reopens Creations for 11 ETFs @ Barrons.com - 12 hours ago
Fund company PowerShares reopened creation unit activity in 11 exchange-traded funds following a one-day suspension that unmoored at least one ETF from the value of its assets. PowerShares said late on Wednesday that so-called authorized participants can create new shares again. This blog noted one such incident in the …
- Sell Underperforming Funds With Large Personal Unrealized Capital Gains? @ Morningstar - 13 hours ago
Guidelines to help determine whether to stay put or sell.
- ETF Market Vital Signs, Feb. 25: 'Absence of Negatives' @ Barrons.com - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 5:17 PM EST
It was quiet out there. Stocks finished little changed, while bonds and gold rose. Here's where we stand: Earnings are over, Greece didn't wreck the world and oil prices have stabilized. That's Nowheresville. ...
- The Best Biotech ETF Isn't Always The Biggest Benzinga - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 3:06 PM EST
Biotechnology ETFs have leapt out of the gate in 2015 with another strong spurt of momentum that has catapulted them to the top of sector rankings. The unequivocal asset leader in this category is the ...
- Why ETF Creation Halts Are Dangerous, in Two Charts @ Barrons.com - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 1:04 PM EST
Exchange-traded funds can jump off the rails and trigger higher trading costs when disruptions hit their normal trading mechanism. A good example cropped up on Wednesday, just hours after PowerShares announced that it "temporarily" suspended new creation units for 11 ETFs. The $481 million PowerShares DB Oil Fund (DBO) …
- PowerShares 'Temporarily' Halts Creations in 11 ETFs @ Barrons.com - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 11:26 AM EST
Fund company PowerShares "temporarily suspended" share creations in nearly a dozen commodities and currency exchange-traded funds on Wednesday as it assumes full responsibility for those funds' management. The suspension affects 11 ETFs including the $4 billion PowerShares DB Commodity Index Tracking Fund (DBC) and the …
- As Investors Exit Emerging Markets, Valuations Attractive? @ Barrons.com - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 11:11 AM EST
Slow growth and market underperformance in developing markets continues to undermine the resolve of emerging market investors. This is the largest monthly outflow since the Lehman crisis in 2008," write Pavillion Global Market's Pierre Lapointe, head of global strategy and research, and Alex Bellefleur, global macro strategist. …
- Hartford Funds is Third to Partner With Eaton Vance on ETMFs @ Barrons.com - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 9:23 AM EST
Eaton Vance (EV) locked down Hartford Funds as its third partner for a hybrid fund type that blends characteristics of mutual funds with those of exchange-traded funds. Hartford, which manages $73 billion,announced on Wednesday that it will partner with Eaton Vance for NextShares products, the brand name for recently approved …
- The Russell 2000 Index's Achilles' Heel @ Morningstar - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 7:00 AM EST
The index's popularity and concentrated turnover put it at a disadvantage to its peers.
- Top U.S. Equity Funds for Your Taxable Account @ Morningstar - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 7:00 AM EST
These offerings combine low tax-cost ratios and strong performance in the same package.
- ETF Market Vital Signs, Feb. 24: How High? @ Barrons.com - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 6:24 PM EST
Stocks and bonds rose in tandem on Tuesday as Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen at once laid the groundwork for an interest rate hike later this year and assuaged markets in saying it's not likely ...
- Goldman Sachs Gets Go-Ahead for Active, Index-Tracking ETFs @ Barrons.com - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 5:06 PM EST
Regulators this week granted Goldman Sachs (GS) permission to launch both actively managed and index-based exchange-traded funds, clearing the way for the firm's asset management arm to step into the fast-growing ...
- 3 ETFs For Dividend Growth Investors Benzinga - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 3:47 PM EST
The world of income investing is primarily split between high-yield stocks and those that are consistently growing their dividends. The latter category exhibits companies with consistent profits and growth ...
- Meet Jeff Gundlach’s New Bond King ETF @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 2:57 PM EST
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) announced it released a new ETF in Tuesday’s trading session, the SPDR DoubleLine Total Return Tactical ETF (NYSEARCA: TOTL). The ETF was developed by SSGA and DoubleLine ...
- Why the FOMC minutes soothed Treasuries Market Realist - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 2:50 PM EST
The FOMC's minutes helped Treasuries claw some losses back. The three-year and five-year securities' yields fell by ten bps each on February 18.
- 'King of Bonds' Dives into ETFs @ Barrons.com - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 1:24 PM EST
Jeffrey Gundlach's actively managed bond exchange-traded fund hit the market on Tuesday, a closely watched debut in an industry where passive indexes are usually touchstones. The SPDR DoubleLine Total Return Tactical exchange-traded fund (TOTL) is a partnership between the $64 billion bond manager and State Street Global …
- The Vanguard Energy ETF (VDE) Is Much Cheaper than Peers Market Realist - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 12:05 PM EST
It's very clear in the analysis below that the Vanguard Energy ETF is much cheaper than its peers. This has been Jack Bogle's legacy.
- Comparing 4 Major Energy ETFs by Operating Performance Market Realist - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 8:05 AM EST
With respect to the four major energy ETFs, the year-to-date return of the S&P Oil & Gas SPDR XOP has been the highest year-to-date (12.6%).
- 9 ETF Picks for a World Ruled by Central Banks @ Barrons.com - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 5:30 AM EST
It’s been tough to beat the red-hot U.S. stock market in recent years, but active managers – as they always do – predict the tables may soon turn. These tactical managers argue their flexible strategies are custom-made to navigate ripples caused by Federal Reserve rate hikes at home and quantitative easing overseas. Robbie …
- ETF Market Vital Signs, Feb. 23: All Eyes Turn to Yellen @ Barrons.com - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 5:43 PM EST
Stocks ran in place today, but bonds rallied ahead of Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen's testimony on Capitol Hill. The growth-oriented PowerShares QQQ (QQQ) advanced with the help of Apple (AAPL) ...
- The Best Vanguard Funds for Income @ Kiplinger - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 9:00 AM EST
Our picks include some new bond funds, a couple of longtime standouts and a dividend-oriented stock fund.
- Japan, Natural Gas And NASDAQ Composite ETFs To Watch This Week Benzinga - Sun, Feb 22, 2015 11:47 AM EST
The cohesive plan laid out by leaders of Greece and key Eurozone heads of state was the primary catalyst for stocks continuing to march higher last week. Stocks continue to climb a wall of worry that underscores ...
- Best And Worst ETFs Of The Week Amid Greek Relief Deal Benzinga - Sat, Feb 21, 2015 2:13 PM EST
The SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSE: SPY ) hit new all-time highs on Friday as news of a deal to extend the duration of the Greek bailout and work on a long-term finance solution had been reached. Despite the late ...
- BlackRock Reimagines the Bond Index @ Barrons.com - Sat, Feb 21, 2015 12:01 AM EST
Fund companies have turned up the volume to 11 in recent months in pitching the merits of “smart beta.” This pedantic term—often ridiculed by the same industry that has foisted it upon investors—refers to nontraditional indexing, pretty much any index that weights stocks according to anything but their size. The torrent …
- Japan: GDP Lower As Exports Rise & Inflation Tested, Barclays Says @ Barrons.com - Fri, Feb 20, 2015 5:01 PM EST
Barclays cut its GDP forecasts saying inflation and public investment will pose challenges in the months ahead. Barclays analysts Kyohei Morita, Yuichiro Nagai and James Barber cut their fiscal 2014 real GDP forecast for Japan to -0.8% from -0.4% and lowered their calendar 2015 GDP forecast to 1.1% from 1.8%. They write …
- ETF Market Vital Signs, Feb. 20: Greek Deal! @ Barrons.com - Fri, Feb 20, 2015 4:31 PM EST
After a see-saw of conflicting reports, stocks rallied after Athens reached an agreement to secure financing for the next four months, less than the six months Athens requested. Well, glad that's settled... ...
- Recent record-breaking week: How did US financial markets fare? Market Realist - Fri, Feb 20, 2015 2:10 PM EST
US stocks had a record-breaking week ending February 13. The S&P 500 hit record highs, and the DJIA ended above the psychologically important 18,000 level.
- Money Pours into Europe, Junk Bond Funds @ Barrons.com - Fri, Feb 20, 2015 11:36 AM EST
European stocks look like the crowded trade du jour. Money flows are unequivocal. Europe-themed stock mutual and exchange-traded funds raked in $5.8 billion in the week ended Feb. 18, according to Bank ...
- Global ETF holdings of gold on the rise Market Realist - Fri, Feb 20, 2015 9:05 AM EST
There are 14 known gold ETF holdings. These include the SPDR Gold Trust (GLD), the largest physical-gold-backed ETF.
- Trouble in index city @ USA TODAY - Fri, Feb 20, 2015 7:02 AM EST
Any boob can buy an index fund, and they call that sloth. Oh, you've got trouble.
- ETF Market Vital Signs, Feb. 19: About That Greece Bailout Deal… @ Barrons.com - Thu, Feb 19, 2015 5:19 PM EST
Well, that didn't go well: Germany denied Greece's request for a bailout extension, the cease-fire between Russia and Ukraine is falling apart and Wal-Mart (WMT) slumped after the retail giant projected ...
- KraneShares Introduces New Emerging Market ETF Benzinga - Thu, Feb 19, 2015 3:40 PM EST
Niche ETF provider KraneShares is well-known for its cutting edge China-based indexes that provide unique exposure to a wide range of asset classes. More recently, they expanded their lineup to include ...
- Understanding XLE’s Holdings and Industry Exposure Market Realist - Thu, Feb 19, 2015 2:06 PM EST
The Select SPDR Energy ETF (XLE) has exposure to four major industries, upstream oil & gas, midstream (pipes and storage), downstream, and energy services.
- The SPDR Energy ETF (XLE): Structural Analysis Market Realist - Thu, Feb 19, 2015 10:07 AM EST
As a result of this earnings decline, the forward price-to-earnings ratio or PE of XLE has risen to 21.6x.
- Legg Mason Steps into ETF On-Deck Circle, Nabs Two Vanguard Vets @ Barrons.com - Thu, Feb 19, 2015 9:45 AM EST
Asset manager Legg Mason (LM) took a firm step toward launching exchange-traded funds by poaching a pair of Vanguard Group specialists. How Legg Mason ultimately decides to proceed will say a lot about what big money managers really think about transparency and hybrid fund structures that promise to shield stock pickers …
- Vanguard Energy ETF Will Ride Energy Rebound Up @ Kiplinger - Thu, Feb 19, 2015 8:00 AM EST
If you're brave, investing in this broad-based sector fund will prove rewarding when oil prices stop falling.
- Why growth and dividend ETFs invest in BlackRock Market Realist - Wed, Feb 18, 2015 8:05 PM EST
When we look at ETFs in the financial sector, BlackRock is preferred in the asset management category—due to its size, diversified portfolio, and end markets.
- 3 ETFs Propelled By Japan's Recession Recovery Benzinga - Wed, Feb 18, 2015 5:33 PM EST
Japan has emerged from its recession following good but not great economic data from the last quarter of the year where the economy expanded at an annualized rate of 2.2 percent. The gain comes after contracting ...
- The Top Oil & Gas Holdings of the Energy ETF (XLE) Market Realist - Wed, Feb 18, 2015 4:06 PM EST
The top five holdings in XLE account for 45% of its market cap, making it a very concentrated ETF.
- Why should you invest in insurance ETFs? Market Realist - Wed, Feb 18, 2015 4:05 PM EST
Insurance ETFs are poised to gain from industry growth. As interest rates improve, insurers should see better earnings due to higher investment returns.
- 2 Homebuilder ETFs Establish New Uptrend Benzinga - Wed, Feb 18, 2015 2:50 PM EST
Coming off a year marked by tepid returns and high volatility, the homebuilding sector has recently broken out to new highs and is looking to prove skeptics wrong. The recovery in real estate prices along ...
- Emerging Market Stock Declines Over As Fed, Oil Mix? @ Barrons.com - Wed, Feb 18, 2015 12:59 PM EST
"Prospects for EM equities in aggregate are relatively bright, assuming, as we do, that the price of oil will now stabilize," write the analysts at Capital Economics. Capital Economics John Higgins writes: "We don’t expect higher interest rates in the U.S. to cause investors to flee equity markets in the emerging world. …
- Energy Select Sector SPDR (XLE) Crashes 20% On Crude Oil Volatility Market Realist - Wed, Feb 18, 2015 12:01 PM EST
In this series, we'll dissect the performance and constituents of the Energy Select Sector SPDR Fund (XLE).