- Heinz-Kraft News Lifts Food & Beverage ETF Benzinga - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 1:55 PM EDT
This week it was announced that Kraft Foods Group Inc (NASDAQ: KRFT ) would combine with H.J. Heinz Co . in a move engineered by Brazil-based 3G Capital and Berkshire Hathaway Inc (NYSE: BRK-B ). The ...
- New China Bond ETF Named The Best Of 2014 Benzinga - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 1:14 PM EDT
ETF.com held its annual awards gala in New York last week to honor the best and brightest in the exchange-traded fund world. Funds, sponsors, and individuals that have made a significant impact on the ...
- FOMC Statement Moves Financial Markets Market Realist - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 11:51 AM EDT
Two rallies after the FOMC statement led the NASDAQ Composite Index to its highest closing in 15 years, just below its all-time high of 5,048.62 in 2000.
- India Continues to Be a Bright Spot Among Emerging-Markets Countries @ Morningstar - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
We take a close look at the fund options.
- 2 New ETFs Going After Hedge Funds Benzinga - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 3:44 PM EDT
The leading developer of liquid alternative investment products, IndexIQ , launched two new ETFs Tuesday. The IQ Hedge Long/Short Tracker ETF (NYSE: QLS) and the IQ Hedge Event-Driven Tracker ETF (NYSE: ...
- Buybacks and Dividends at All-Time High in 2014, Even More Seen in 2015 @ 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 12:20 PM EDT
Buybacks and dividends hit a new combined high in 2014, and there looks to be enough runway that 2015 may be yet another record for returning capital to investors.
- Why Biotech, Copper And Euro ETFs Should Be Key This Week Benzinga - Sun, Mar 22, 2015 5:38 PM EDT
The Federal Reserve helped buoy stock prices last week and the SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSE: SPY ) is within close proximity of recapturing its all-time highs. In addition, the bond market received a shot of ...
- Analyzing How You Can Hedge Your Currency Exposure Market Realist - Fri, Mar 20, 2015 7:05 PM EDT
You can hedge your currency exposure by investing in currency-hedged ETFs. You should consider currency-hedged ETFs when you invest internationally (ACWI)(VEU).
- Best And Worst ETFs Of The Week Amid 'Patient' Federal Reserve Benzinga - Fri, Mar 20, 2015 4:00 PM EDT
Janet Yellen and the Federal Reserve calmed the markets this week with the iteration of its intent not to rush the first rate hike cycle in more than six years. The Fed actually removed the word "patient" ...
- Why Currency-Hedged ETFs Gained Popularity Market Realist - Fri, Mar 20, 2015 3:05 PM EDT
You should consider currency-hedged ETFs to safeguard your foreign investments. Currency-hedged ETFs are gaining popularity among investors.
- Small-Cap Indexing: Popularity Can Be a Pain @ Morningstar - Fri, Mar 20, 2015 12:00 PM EDT
While the Russell 2000 might be the first and most well-known small-cap stock index, it has underperformed similar indexes.
- Gold prices retreat from $1,153 levels Market Realist - Fri, Mar 20, 2015 3:05 AM EDT
Gold prices for April futures contracts continued trading in a downward trend. Prices broke the key support level on March 10, 2015.
- Small-Cap Growth ETFs Restore Leadership Role Benzinga - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 3:59 PM EDT
Small-cap ETFs were shunned in 2014 for lackluster performance that lagged far behind their large-cap peers. Nevertheless, funds that track small-cap stocks are shaking off that weakness this year and ...
- The Only S&P 500 Index Funds You Will Ever Need @ Morningstar - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
We highlight the five best funds in a crowded field.
- Investors Bet Big On Currency-Hedged German ETF Benzinga - Wed, Mar 18, 2015 3:34 PM EDT
Germany has been one of the strongest European markets in 2015 as its foremost index, the German DAX, hit an all-time high of 12,000 this week. This historic bullish momentum for German stocks is linked ...
- S&P 500 Index Futures In Rally Mode Despite 'Patient' Being Removed From Fed Statement Benzinga - Wed, Mar 18, 2015 2:43 PM EDT
Joel Elconin is the co-host of Benzinga's #PreMarket Prep , a daily trading idea radio show. S&P 500 index futures were ripping higher by 21 points at 22 at 2088.25 on Wednesday afternoon. This is taking ...
- ETF Performance Is Not All Written in the Stars @ Morningstar - Wed, Mar 18, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
A look at how the Morningstar Rating for funds applies to ETFs.
- 2 New Super-Dividend ETFs Benzinga - Tue, Mar 17, 2015 4:33 PM EDT
Global X launched two new super-dividend ETFs to try and provide income-seeking investors with a high-yield option in the current low interest-rate environment. To date, Global X's super-dividend and income ...
- Global X Adds New REIT And Emerging Market Dividend ETFs Benzinga - Tue, Mar 17, 2015 4:30 PM EDT
Global X Funds has expanded its suite of income-oriented ETFs to include two new high yield funds with an international twist. The Global X SuperDividend Emerging Markets ETF (NYSE: SDEM) and Global X ...
- 3 Cinderella ETFs For March Madness Benzinga - Tue, Mar 17, 2015 2:49 PM EDT
A Cinderella story is one of great achievement and excitement. Characterized by overcoming the odds despite having all the chips stacked against you, these stories tend to have a following of doubters ...
- Here's An ETF To Look At For Your St. Patrick's Day Benzinga - Tue, Mar 17, 2015 2:40 PM EDT
It is mid-March and that means two things: March Madness and St. Patrick's Day. The latter is a reason to dress up in green, drink beer and eat some bangers and mash. Ireland: Regaining There wasn't much ...
- 2 New Homebuilder ETNs Benzinga - Tue, Mar 17, 2015 1:35 PM EDT
UBS released two new ETNs last week, adding to its huge list of exchange-traded securities. The ETRACS ISE Exclusively Homebuilders ETN (NYSE: HOMX) and the ETRACS Monthly Reset 2xLeveraged ISE Exclusively ...
- Barron's Recap: What's Next For ETFs? Benzinga - Sun, Mar 15, 2015 12:00 PM EDT
This weekend in Barron's online: the 2015 Barron's ETF Roundtable, boosting diversity in Silicon Valley, Merrill Lynch's "Advisor to the Stars," as well as the prospects for Eaton, C.H. Robinson, ...
- Small-Cap, Yen And Crude Oil ETFs To Watch This Week Benzinga - Sun, Mar 15, 2015 11:44 AM EDT
Economic data continued to disappoint last week amid a strengthening U.S. dollar that weighed on stock prices. The SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSE: SPY ) will open 2.90 percent off its all-time high on Monday and ...
- Best And Worst ETFs Of The Week Amid Euro Meltdown Benzinga - Sat, Mar 14, 2015 12:29 PM EDT
The stock market experienced a volatile week of trading with the SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSE: SPY ) finishing down 1 percent as investors fretted over a number of economic threats. The combination of a strong ...
- Why ETFs prefer traditional over alternative asset managers Market Realist - Fri, Mar 13, 2015 5:05 PM EDT
ETFs prefer traditional asset managers over alternative asset managers that have less flexibility to alter investments in portfolio companies.
- Why did gold prices hit the week’s high? Market Realist - Fri, Mar 13, 2015 5:05 PM EDT
Gold prices are in a deep downward trend. They declined almost 36% since August 2011. Gold prices continued their downward trend in February 2015
- 3 Financial ETFs Exploding Higher On Stress Test News Benzinga - Fri, Mar 13, 2015 2:28 PM EDT
The results of financial stress tests of the nation’s largest banks were recently released and surprised expectations by besting capital requirements. The majority of the financial and banking institutions ...
- New Frontier For Chinese ETFs Benzinga - Fri, Mar 13, 2015 2:08 PM EDT
Another milestone was reached in the ETF industry Thursday as CSOP FTSE China A50 ETF (NYSE: AFTY ) became the first ETF to be listed in the U.S. by a Chinese asset management company. Similar A-share ...
- What are the key ETFs that hold Regions Financial? Market Realist - Fri, Mar 13, 2015 1:05 PM EDT
Key financial sector ETFs hold Regions Financial (RF). Regions Financial forms ~0.44% of the Financial Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLF) portfolio.
- Play Defense With This ETF @ Morningstar - Fri, Mar 13, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
A low-cost way to access 39 consumer defensive firms found in the S&P 500.
- 3 New ETFs For The Timid Investor Benzinga - Thu, Mar 12, 2015 4:38 PM EDT
Direxion, one of the largest issuers of leveraged and inverse ETFs, has added three new products to its lineup. All three ETFs track indexes created by independent research firm Value Line. The ETFs will ...
- Why Currency Hedged ETFs Are Just Getting Started Benzinga - Thu, Mar 12, 2015 2:57 PM EDT
Investors in traditional international funds are waking up to the realization that currencies play a vital role in generating returns. The majority of funds that track both developed and emerging markets ...
- Consider Currency-Hedged ETFs While Investing Internationally Market Realist - Wed, Mar 11, 2015 6:05 PM EDT
This article explains why you should consider currency-hedged ETFs while investing in other developed markets.
- Composite stock market indices indicate forward-looking growth Market Realist - Wed, Mar 11, 2015 2:06 PM EDT
A market index acts as a forward-looking growth indicator for an economy. Most economies publish their GDP (gross domestic product) figures at a lag.
- Non-Farm Payroll Report shakes up markets Market Realist - Wed, Mar 11, 2015 11:51 AM EDT
The primary mover for equities and fixed-income markets was the Non-Farm Payroll Report released March 6. US non-farm payrolls rose by 295,000 in February.
- 3 Country ETFs Hitting Lows Benzinga - Wed, Mar 11, 2015 11:16 AM EDT
Of the 24 developed country stock markets around the globe, the U.S. is trailing all but two heading into this week. The performance has not improved with the S&P 500 hitting a new one-month low on Tuesday. ...
- Latin America ETFs Show Troubling Trend Benzinga - Wed, Mar 11, 2015 11:07 AM EDT
Slowing growth, crippling inflation and currency upheaval are just some of the factors involved in the concerning trend of Latin America stocks. The largest economic mainstays, Mexico and Brazil, have ...
- ETFs Moving On Looming Fed Rate Hike Benzinga - Wed, Mar 11, 2015 11:04 AM EDT
The better-than-expected jobs number publicized March 6 sent the market into a downward spiral, as many believe a 2015 rate hike has become more plausible, ending the Federal Reserve's five-year zero interest ...
- Silver prices continue the downward trend in March 2015 Market Realist - Wed, Mar 11, 2015 10:43 AM EDT
Silver prices have been in a deep downward trend since April 2011—due to a stronger dollar, improved US economic outlook, and sluggish demand.
- Strong dollar drives gold prices lower: Will it break the channel? Market Realist - Wed, Mar 11, 2015 10:15 AM EDT
Gold prices for the April delivery settled at the day’s low—down by 0.55%. It hit the yearly low on March 10, 2015. The volume for the day totaled 170,223 contracts.
- Hedge Your Exposure To The Yen While Investing In Japan Market Realist - Wed, Mar 11, 2015 10:06 AM EDT
Hedge your exposure to the yen by investing in currency-hedged ETFs.
- 4 New ETFs Worth a Look @ Kiplinger - Wed, Mar 11, 2015 8:00 AM EDT
We wade through the swamp of esoteric and risky new exchange-traded funds to find four worth your while.
- Silver prices could break the support of $15.50 per ounce Market Realist - Tue, Mar 10, 2015 5:06 PM EDT
Prices settled just above the important support level on March 9, 2016. The April futures for silver might test the next key support of $15.50 per ounce.
- Bullish Catalysts Are Boosting These Regional Bank ETFs Benzinga - Tue, Mar 10, 2015 4:33 PM EDT
While the market fell almost 2 percent on Friday, the regional bank sector bucked the trend as it was the only sector to finish in the green. The strength can be attributed to two major factors, Fed stress ...
- Why you should invest in homebuilder ETFs like XHB and ITB Market Realist - Mon, Mar 9, 2015 6:05 PM EDT
ETFs present another investment avenue. Apart from pure homebuilder ETFs, there are many other ETFs that offer exposure to homebuilders.
- Will silver prices break below key support? Market Realist - Mon, Mar 9, 2015 11:55 AM EDT
Market sentiments for silver prices are bearish and bullish traders could see resistance at silver prices at $16.50 per ounce levels.
- Collateral damage of silver prices continues on sluggish demand Market Realist - Mon, Mar 9, 2015 11:47 AM EDT
A heavy sell-off from precious metals traders and jewelers due to sluggish demand led the massive decline of silver last week in the bullion market.
- U.S. Dollar, Dow Jones and Utility ETFs To Watch This Week Benzinga - Sun, Mar 8, 2015 8:59 AM EDT
Friday’s better than expected jobs number sent the stock market into a tailspin and the week ahead will be a closely watched indicator of investor commitment. The positive economic data and recent selling ...
- Gold Bugs Squashed Despite Chaos In The Broad Market Benzinga - Fri, Mar 6, 2015 2:06 PM EST
Joel Elconin is the co-host of Benzinga's #PreMarket Prep , a daily trading idea radio show. SPDR Gold Trust ETF (NYSE: GLD ) shares were trading lower by $3.12 (2.7 percent) at $11.88 in Friday's session. ...