- [$$] T. Rowe Price Profit Jumps as Fee Revenue Rises @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 28 minutes ago
T. Rowe Price Group Inc. said its first-quarter profit rose 25% as the company reported benefits from the sale of some investments and posted higher fee revenue.
- SVB Financial Group Management Discusses Q1 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - 1 hour 54 minutes ago
Gregory W. Becker Thanks, Meghan, and thanks, everyone, for joining us. The first quarter was an outstanding start to the year. We delivered healthy growth in the core bank, maintained high credit quality ...
- Under Nadella, Microsoft Is Finding Its Mojo @ Motley Fool - 5 hours ago
Microsoft's first quarterly earnings under new CEO Satya Nadella are very encouraging.
- Why Shares of Penn National Gaming, Inc Plunged Today @ Motley Fool - 7 hours ago
Is this meaningful or just another movement?
- Why Shares of Elizabeth Arden, Inc. Jumped Again @ Motley Fool - 8 hours ago
Is this meaningful? Or just another movement?
- IPO Stocks: When You Want to Get In on Great Companies Early @ Motley Fool - 9 hours ago
Are you interested in early investment opportunities like Splunk, ServiceNow, Palo Alto Networks, and Oaktree Capital Group?
- Why Silicom Ltd. Shares Sank Today @ Motley Fool - 9 hours ago
Is Silicom's drop meaningful? Or just another movement?
- Retirement Strategy: When Should We Sell Shares? @ Seeking Alpha - 10 hours ago
More than any other issue that active portfolio managers face is, when to sell a stock. Most individual investors would agree that selling is often more difficult than buying, especially when the stock ...
- Why credit risk and liability risk matter to bond investors Market Realist - 10 hours ago
A bond portfolio must track a benchmark with a similar risk profile to the portfolio. That is, investors should choose to replicate (or buy an ETF that replicates) an index benchmark that has a risk profile ...
- Americans' gold, real estate love affair continues @ CNBC - 11 hours ago
When will Americans learn? Gallup poll finds that real estate and gold still rank as Americans' favorite long-term investment.
- This market needs time, speculators need patience @ MarketWatch - 12 hours ago
There has been some constructive action in the Nasdaq, but there is still plenty of damage to be repaired and few growth stocks showing the sort of setups an intermediate-term speculator would entertain....
- Minding the tax bite in fund investing Associated Press - 13 hours ago
How painful was tax season for you? For many investors with mutual funds in a taxable account, it was tougher this year than last. That's because the best year for stocks since 1997 pushed many funds to ...
- Is David Einhorn Right About a Tech Bubble? @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 13 hours ago
On Wednesday, world-renowned hedge fund manager David Einhorn told CNBC that we are witnessing another tech bubble.
- The Pros and Cons of Bonds US News - 15 hours ago
Investment advisors are fond of saying that bonds are the ballast for your portfolio. That's because they are usually worth more when interest rates drop. But rates have been artificially low due to the monetary policies of the Federal Reserve. There are plenty of factors to sort through as you consider how to use bonds …
- SL Green Posts Robust Q1 FFO, Ups View Zacks - 16 hours ago
SL Green Realty Corp. (SLG) reported a positive earnings surprise of 11.6% in first-quarter 2014.
- F5 Networks (FFIV) On Momo Momentum Watch Today @ TheStreet.com - 16 hours ago
Trade-Ideas LLC identified F5 Networks (FFIV) as a momo momentum candidate
- Consumers Staying Away from Stock Market Despite Record Highs @ TheStreet.com - 17 hours ago
Despite record returns in the stock market and low interest rates on cash and fixed income, nearly three in four Americans are still staying away from investing in ...
- Is A Short Squeeze Ahead for BlackBerry (BBRY)? Zacks - 17 hours ago
Is A Short Squeeze Ahead for BlackBerry (BBRY)?
- Flagstar Bancorp (FBC) Crumbles: Stock Falls by 6.1% Zacks - 19 hours ago
Flagstar Bancorp saw a big move last session, as the company's shares fell by over 6% on the day.
- 30 And Under Portfolio: Q1 2014 Update @ Seeking Alpha - 19 hours ago
Introduction This article focuses on the progress and future plans for a portfolio I created last year, the 30 and Under Portfolio. (You can find the first portfolio update here.) The portfolio consists ...
- Know Your Max Pain Level When it Comes to Options Expiration @ TheStreet.com - 19 hours ago
How delta hedging leads to pinning stocks on options expiration.
- Merck, P&G and Other Dividend Stocks You Wish You'd Bought in 2013 @ TheStreet.com - 19 hours ago
I've covered these dividend winners before, but you're not too late to get on board.
- Americans Are Still Idiots When It Comes to Investing The Fiscal Times - 20 hours ago
For all the financial pain real estate and gold have inflicted in recent years, Americans can’t seem to put an end to their long-standing love affair with those investments. The two asset classes finished first and second in a Gallup poll this month that asked Americans what they see as the “best long-term investment.” …
- FactSet: Obvious GARP Play With A Superb Business Model @ Seeking Alpha - 20 hours ago
There are at least two types of value stocks: (1) stocks whose probable growth makes them intelligent investments and (2) stocks which, even under conditions of stagnation, sell at valuations enabling ...
- Unplanned Early Retirement, Part 2 - Asset Allocations @ Seeking Alpha - 21 hours ago
This is the second of several articles I am writing to show you exactly what I am doing to cope with an unexpected job loss after middle age, but before retirement age. The first installment, titled Part ...
- Kinder Morgan Increases Dividend By 2.43%, But Is It A Buy? @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 24, 2014 12:49 AM EDT
The last time I wrote about Kinder Morgan, Inc. ( KMI ) I stated, "…I will not be adding new positions in KMI because I think I can add more to KMI at a cheaper price." Since the time the article ...
- The Importance of Valuations @ Motley Fool - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 11:03 PM EDT
Should you bank on a greater fool, or should you know how much an asset is really worth?
- Biotechnology Stocks To Keep on the Radar @ Investopedia - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 8:45 PM EDT
Health care is showing a resurgance, lead by biotechnology. Here are the opportunites to watch.
- ETF Risk And Reward Tradeoffs Today - What Will They Be Tomorrow Or Next Month? @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 7:34 PM EDT
Let's answer the last question first This picture pits the most actively-traded, widely-held ETFs against one another on the basis of the two investment dimensions that matter most, prospective reward, ...
- Prepare For Divergent Markets @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 7:09 PM EDT
By Richard Golod Overweight the U.S. - With the economy continuing to improve and monetary policy less accommodative, we may have reached the point where liquidity no longer trumps fundamentals and momentum ...
- Are These 3 Companies Doomed? @ Motley Fool - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 6:46 PM EDT
Are the doomsday predictions about J.C. Penney, Best Buy and Barnes & Noble wrong?
- Looking At The Momentum Crash Through A Technology Sector Lens @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 6:15 PM EDT
In what we have taken to calling the Icarus market, former high-flyers crashed and burned. As the broader market recovers, this group has still not risen from their ash-heaps. The fire in high-flyers burned ...
- Is The Global Growth Story In Jeopardy? @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 4:36 PM EDT
The short answer is no. While risks are higher and should, in my view, be reflected in portfolios, I view the fundamental investing backdrop as favorable. This drives my view that investors should consider ...
- Why Meritage Homes Corp's Shares Plunged Today @ Motley Fool - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 4:10 PM EDT
Is this meaningful or just another movement?
- Why Shares of Woodward Inc. Jumped Today @ Motley Fool - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 3:56 PM EDT
Is this meaningful or just another movement?
- Building A Simple Portfolio Using Fama-French, Novy-Marx And Swensen Principles @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 3:03 PM EDT
Using the principles of Fama-French, Swensen, and Novy-Marx, the following portfolio places an emphasis on value or low price/book securities, small-cap size, global diversification, and a risk reduction ...
- [$$] Potash Stock Will Help Your Portfolio Grow @ Barrons.com - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 1:44 PM EDT
Options help investors hedge stocks, and retain their profits when questions arise about prices. And so it is a neat coincidence that Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan (POT), one of the world's largest potash producers, is attracting the financial equivalent of potash ahead of Thursday's earnings: puts. The trading volume …
- Here's Why ZixCorp Shares Sank @ Motley Fool - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 1:36 PM EDT
ZixCorp reported modest growth in the first quarter but still troubles investors with its outlook. Find out whether this dip is a buying opportunity or a reason to avoid this stock altogether.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation Earnings Surge, but Share Price Sinks @ Motley Fool - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 1:14 PM EDT
The good news: The stock price is starting to look attractive again.
- Hamni Financial Corp.: How Much More Can Be Squeezed Out Of This Fully Valued Regional Bank @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 12:26 PM EDT
Hanmi Financial Corp. ( HAFC ) is a $700 million regional bank that has very little to not like about it. The books are clean, it is well capitalized, making money and a merger is on the way. But, the ...
- 5 Stocks With Big Insider Buying @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 12:25 PM EDT
Insiders at these companies have been scooping up shares of their own stock lately.
- Retirement Strategy: Adding A BDC For An Improving Economy And More Income For Retirees @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 12:07 PM EDT
In my last article, I suggested that dividend income investors consider adding Annaly Capital ( NLY ) as a dividend opportunity stock, for more income. You can review the overview right here .
- The Blue Chip Way to Emerging Markets ETF Trends - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 11:41 AM EDT
As the emerging markets investment theme has grown in prominence, some investors have pondered using more familiar, developed market companies as a way of accessing developing world growth. The new EGShares ...
- Barbarian At The Gate: SodaStream International (SODA) @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 11:33 AM EDT
Trade-Ideas LLC identified SodaStream International (SODA) as a "barbarian at the gate" (strong stocks crossing above resistance with today's range greater than 200%) candidate
- 3 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: MFA, PDM, EPB @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
These 3 dividend stocks are rated a Hold by TheStreet
- Unpacking Obama's MyRA -- and What It Can Do for You @ Motley Fool - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 11:24 AM EDT
The new MyRA is a helpful, if limited, tool for low- to middle-income households looking to start retirement planning. However, we explore another way to think about the plan -- as an alternative type ...
- AT&T: A Much-Needed Pullback @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 10:34 AM EDT
AT&T ( T ) reported Q1 earnings last evening, and you can find all the details here on Seeking Alpha. To provide a short summary, revenues were in line and EPS beat by a cent. But the stock is off close ...
- Watch Out: Barbarians At The Gate For SUPERVALU (SVU) @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 9:52 AM EDT
Trade-Ideas LLC identified SUPERVALU (SVU) as a "barbarian at the gate" (strong stocks crossing above resistance with today's range greater than 200%) candidate
- Illumina (ILMN) Showing Signs Of Being A Momo Momentum Stock @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 9:47 AM EDT
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Illumina (ILMN) as a momo momentum candidate
- Getting Bearish On Kodiak Oil & Gas @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 9:03 AM EDT
Kodiak Oil & Gas ( KOG ) is an independent energy company focused on the exploration, exploitation, acquisition and production of crude oil and natural gas in the United States. On February 27, 2014, the ...