- Bond links: The bears have been vanquished @ MarketWatch - 39 minutes ago
After a surprise 2014, next year looks just as good, writes David Waring.
- 'Tis The Season For Tax-Loss Harvesting @ Investopedia - 2 hours 13 minutes ago
With the end of the year upon investors are looking for ways to reduce their tax bill. One tactic that is often used is tax-loss harvesting.
- Should I invest in ETFs or index funds? @ Investopedia - 4 hours ago
Learn advantages to investing in exchange-traded funds, or ETFs, and index funds, and decide whether to include them in your investment portfolio.
- 5 Great ETFs for 2015 @ Kiplinger - 4 hours ago
These exchange-traded funds promise to do as well as their mutual-fund counterparts at a fraction of the cost
- 11 ETFs that could make your new year @ MarketWatch - 5 hours ago
Here are a few picks that run the gamut. MarketWatch asked several investing experts each to recommend ETFs for 2015 — funds that ought to perform well, or that are at least worth watching.
- Year-End Review: How to Evaluate Your Retirement Accounts in 15 Minutes or Less Money Talks News - 6 hours ago
Do you know how hard your money worked for you in 2014? If not, it’s time to do a 15-minute checkup of your investments and make some plans for 2015. Check out the video below as Money Talks News founder ...
- No Bargains in Rising Market: Why Not Buy High and Sell Higher? @ TheStreet.com - 6 hours ago
It is a rare and risky strategy, though some funds are proving it can be hugely rewarding.
- After U.S. Stock Rally, Some See Danger in New Year @ The Wall Street Journal - 19 hours ago
Abreast of the Market: Last week’s stock rebound was so sharp you could carve your holiday turkey with it. But year-end moves by managers drove some of the share buying, and there is a risk they could ...
- Wealthy Investors Aren't Likely to Benefit from myRA @ Morningstar - Sun, Dec 21, 2014 7:00 AM EST
A higher-yielding, guaranteed investment seems appealing, but myRA won't make sense for most high-income savers.
- The best thing you can do now for your portfolio CNNMoney.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 5:25 PM EST
The stock market roller coaster is back. The Dow and S&P 500 shed over 4% in December before rebounding sharply this week. Take your pick of what to be most concerned about: cheap oil, a flat-lining Europe, ...
- Physical Precious Metals: Tips to Avoid Tarnishing Your Portfolio FINRA - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 12:50 PM EST
Precious metals are notorious for price movements that can pique investor interest during upswings and downswings alike. If you are thinking that now is the time to invest in physical precious metals such as silver, gold or maybe palladium or platinum, be aware of the risks involved. Enforcement actions by the Commodity …
- Target Date Funds Are Setting Up Millennials For A Stock Market Shock--And Some Don't Even Know It @ Forbes - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 11:03 AM EST
At the end of 2013, 65% of 20-somethings had more than 80% of their 401(k)s invested in stocks, up from the 48% who were so stock heavy at the end of 2007.
- How to Invest an Inheritance @ Money - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 10:12 AM EST
Q: I’m 22 years old and inherited quite a bit of money from a parent who passed away. What is the best thing to do with the money in terms of investing and long-term growth? — Val Step One: Before all ...
- ‘The Colbert Report’ leaves us 5 important investing rules to live by @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 9:34 AM EST
In honor of the final episode of “The Colbert Report,” MarketWatch highlights investing lessons that can be gleaned from the long-running satirical TV show.
- Profit From Holiday Spending With This ETF @ Investopedia - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 9:30 AM EST
As Americans finish purchasing the last of their holiday gifts, the consumer discretionary sector will continue to be one of the primary beneficiaries.
- How 5 Individual Investors Beat The Best Wall Street Has To Offer @ Forbes - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 8:54 AM EST
Forbes has been interviewing some of the nearly 1000 Marketocracy members who have outperformed the top mutual fund manager for the past decade. How can individual investors beat the best Wall Street has to offer? Let me introduce you to 5 of them and let them tell you in their own words.
- A Popular Emerging-Markets Consumer ETF Rocked by Currency Volatility @ Morningstar - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 7:00 AM EST
Large exposures in South Africa, Brazil, and Chile have weighed on the performance of this fund.
- 'Fast Money' Recap: No Explanation for Thursday's Market Rally @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 5:00 AM EST
The trading panel discussed energy companies, Nike and other retailers.
- The EMB Emerging Market Bond ETF: Use Caution @ Investopedia - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 6:34 PM EST
Investing in emerging market bonds might sound creative and fun, but sometimes it’s more profitable in keeping it simple and close to home.
- W.W. Grainger Should Be a Profitable Investment GuruFocus.com - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 5:10 PM EST
In this article, let's take a look at W.W. Grainger, Inc (GWW), a $16.92 billion market cap company, which is the largest global distributor of industrial and commercial supplies, such as hand tools, electric ...
- SAFT ON WEALTH-Wherever you go, there you are Reuters - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 4:41 PM EST
Here is the thing about investing: wherever you go, there you are. Which is another way of saying that we carry our problems, weaknesses and foibles as investors around with us, no matter how we approach ...
- Value Won't Be Enough To Save Emerging Markets Next Year @ Forbes - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 4:08 PM EST
Emerging markets are risky business. It´s become increasingly difficult for investors to play these markets passively through index funds like ETFs. Pick a country, and you might get a wrong. It´s a stock pickers world. But top down investors know that sometimes a stock is cheap for a reason: the
- Will Stock Market VOOdo Continue? @ Investopedia - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 2:30 PM EST
The Vanguard S&P 500 ETF (VOO) offers a relatively safe investment opportunity for people who aren't sure which way the market is headed.
- HIGHLIGHTS-Analysts' view of U.S. municipal bond market in 2015 Reuters - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 2:18 PM EST
The $3.6 trillion U.S. municipal bond market had a blockbuster year when it came to returns, beating many analysts' expectations. Supply contracted sharply in the first half of 2014, helping drive up prices. ...
- Garmin Is Somewhat Expensive At These Levels GuruFocus.com - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 2:16 PM EST
In this article, let's take a look at Garmin Ltd. (GRMN), a $10.32 billion market cap company that provides navigation, communications and information devices for the aviation, marine, general recreation, ...
- 8 Smart Tax Moves for Investors US News - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 1:09 PM EST
Good investors are good tax planners. Tax planning isn't as fun as investing -- or fun at all -- but it helps you keep as much of that hard-won investment income as possible. Dan Solin, a wealth advisor ...
- What is a good interest coverage ratio? @ Investopedia - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 11:10 AM EST
Learn the importance of the interest coverage ratio, one of the primary debt ratios analysts use to evaluate a company's financial health.
- Emerging Market ETFs Look Cheap ETF Trends - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 10:00 AM EST
Investors who are seeking cheaper plays in today’s markets will have to look to emerging market exchange traded funds where valuations are more attractive than U.S. equities. “There’s a of ...
- What to Do When Everything Looks Expensive @ Forbes - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 9:25 AM EST
Is Apple stock cheaper than IBM’s? How do high yield municipal bonds compare to corporate high yield? Are stocks in Europe cheap compared to stocks in the U.S.? Questions like these are on every active investor’s mind at the moment, and for good reason: Everything looks a bit expensive at the
- Before Interest Rates Rise, Revisit Your Bond Holdings US News - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 8:31 AM EST
When it comes to headlines, it's bonds, bonds and more bonds. You may be wondering, "Why have I been hearing so much about bonds lately?" Chances are the chitchat was closely linked to rumors ...
- Buyinb Facebook Stock, A Beginner's Guide @ Investopedia - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 10:01 PM EST
This straightforward guide helps the novice investor feel more adept at buying a stock, such as Facebook (FB).
- A Closer Look at Facebook's Fundamentals GuruFocus.com - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 4:18 PM EST
In this article, let's take a look at Facebook (FB), a $208.22 billion market cap company, which is one of the world's largest Internet companies, based on users and market capitalization.
- Ready to Follow Ray Dalio on this Stock GuruFocus.com - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 3:07 PM EST
In this article, let's take a look at Fiserv, Inc. (FISV), a $16.85 billion market cap company that is a leading provider of technology to financial services companies.
- 4 Sector ETFs Nearing Support Benzinga - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 3:05 PM EST
The current pullback from the early December high has the S&P 500 down 5 percent and below its 50-day moving average for the first time since October. While the close below the moving average for the second ...
- Top Forex Trading Apps @ Investopedia - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 3:01 PM EST
A brief overview of the top apps that help forex traders with on time information, charts and more.
- Top Stock Market Apps For News Or Trading Or Both! @ Investopedia - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 3:01 PM EST
When it comes to managing finances and tracking the markets on the go, there are a number of excellent apps that can be downloaded and installed onto your mobile device.
- 15 Investing Ideas for 2015 US News - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 2:05 PM EST
Ring in the new year with a portfolio refresh. No sooner do Christmas and the holidays disappear that you realize it's time to make another list and check it twice: investment resolutions for 2015 . If ...
- Don't make emerging markets your investing blind spot Morningstar - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 12:58 PM EST
Performance and diversification properties make them good supporting players for most portfolios.
- 3 reasons to expect you'll lose to S&P 500 in 2014 CNBC - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 11:58 AM EST
- Retirement: 7 financial goals for the end of the year @ USA TODAY - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 11:32 AM EST
A little time spent at the end of the year can make your retirement easier.
- This Company Focuses on Consumer Preferences in the Entire World GuruFocus.com - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 10:30 AM EST
In this article, let's take a look at The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. (EL), a $27.71 billion market cap company that is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of skin care, makeup and fragrance ...
- Rob Arnott: Emerging Markets Are Worth the Risk @ Bloomberg - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 10:30 AM EST
Everybody loves a good story. But when people invest based on those stories, they can lose money, says Rob Arnott. The 60-year-old founder and chairman of Research Affiliates prefers to stick to the data. ...
- Shorting Pinnacle’s stock could be difficult to cover Market Realist - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 9:45 AM EST
The short-interest ratio for Pinnacle Entertainment (PNK) dropped from 13 days as of October 31, 2014, to five days as of November 14, 2014.
- Portfolio Analysis: An Adventurous $496,000 Investment Plan US News - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 9:09 AM EST
All investment portfolios are comparable to a novel, where each individual chooses their own personal genre and classification. If your investment portfolio were a novel, what genre would it be: adventure, ...
- 3 key questions to ask when investing in U.S. equities Morningstar - Wed, Dec 17, 2014 1:00 AM EST
Answering these questions can help you build a U.S. equity portfolio you can live with for many years.
- What does Long Position Mean? @ Investopedia - Tue, Dec 16, 2014 7:50 PM EST
In the investing world, a long position refers to having a positive investment balance in a stock, bond, commodity, etc. This is done by simply buying and owning the investment. For example, a person who ...
- Interested In West African Debt? Look Here First @ Investopedia - Tue, Dec 16, 2014 7:01 PM EST
Promising high yields that the Eurozone and U.S. can't match, West African sovereign debt has caught the attention of savvy investors.
- Are Advisors Off Alternatives? @ Investopedia - Tue, Dec 16, 2014 5:56 PM EST
With stocks surging, financial advisers and their wealthy clients are asking why they should continue to bother with poorly performing alternatives.
- Get your portfolio ready for 2015 and beyond CNNMoney.com - Tue, Dec 16, 2014 5:12 PM EST
I don't know where to invest in today's environment. Stocks seem overvalued and vulnerable to a crash. If I buy bonds, I'll lose when interest rates go up. Is there any place I can earn a decent return ...
- 6 Ways To Play The 'Harvesting Super-Cycle' Benzinga - Tue, Dec 16, 2014 4:07 PM EST
On December 15, investment bank Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS ) issued a research note titled "Cash In On the Harvesting Super-Cycle," initiating coverage on six U.S. publicly traded private equity ...