- Unpredictable Event Or Bad Investment? @ Investopedia - 10 hours ago
When investments head south, your 20/20 hindsight can show you who's at fault.
- Is it Time to Buy Mellanox Technologies? @ Fox Business - 12 hours ago
Today's stock recommendation is Mellanox, a trailblazing Israeli tech company.
- The Best Retirement Plans For Millennials @ Investopedia - 13 hours ago
Retirement is decades away, but if you make yourself start saving even a little now, all that time can make your money grow big time. Two smart options.
- Are Structured Retail Products Too Good To Be True? @ Investopedia - 13 hours ago
Spot a rotten investment before you get seduced by its sweet promise of profit.
- Old Line Bancshares (OLBK) Enters Overbought Territory Zacks - 20 hours ago
Old Line Bancshares (OLBK) Enters Overbought Territory
- Nordic American Offshore (NAO) is Oversold: Can It Recover? Zacks - 20 hours ago
Nordic American Offshore (NAO) is Oversold: Can It Recover?
- PACCAR (PCAR) Is in Oversold Territory: What's Next? Zacks - 20 hours ago
PACCAR (PCAR) Is in Oversold Territory: What's Next?
- Are You A Good Client? @ Investopedia - 20 hours ago
Investing is a team sport in which the client and financial professional must work together.
- January Effect Revives Battered Stocks @ Investopedia - 20 hours ago
Make sure you buy in low to ride this phenomenon for all it's worth.
- Top 5 Critical Retirement Plan Mistakes To Avoid @ Investopedia - 20 hours ago
These five common retirement mistakes can get you into financial trouble at a point when you most need stability.
- Investing "Road Less Traveled" May Lead To Riches @ Investopedia - 21 hours ago
Using the same strategy year after year may be comfortable, but it's not always profitable.
- 6 investment techniques of money managers Bankrate.com - 22 hours ago
Investing 6 Common Investment Strategies Of Fund Managers The criteria that mutual fund managers use to select their assets vary widely according to the individual manager. So when choosing a fund, you should look closely at the manager's investment style to make sure it fits your risk-reward profile. "Investment style …
- How target-date funds work -- and don't work Bankrate.com - 22 hours ago
Target-date funds have fast become the favored tool among retirement savers who have neither the expertise nor the inclination to manage their own account. Billed as "set it and forget it" investment options because they automatically adjust their asset mix as investors age, target-date funds held some $595.5 billion in …
- What's better for you: An ETF or a mutual fund? Bankrate.com - 22 hours ago
Investing Mutual Funds Vs. ETFs: Which Is Better? ETFs are soaring in popularity, but don't trade in all your mutual funds for exchange-traded funds just yet. Between 2001 and July 2014, the number of ETFs climbed from 102 to 1,375, according to the Investment Company Institute, the trade association for the mutual fund …
- Is Your Broker Acting In Your Best Interest? @ Investopedia - Wed, Oct 1, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Learn the clues you'll need to determine whether you've chosen a reputable professional.
- Beyond iBillionaire ETF’s Marketing Sizzle IndexUniverse.com - Wed, Oct 1, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Can an equal-weighted large-cap ETF make you invest like a billionaire?In early August, Direxion Shares launched the Direxion iBillionaire Index ETF , which aims to track the investments of b...
- Should You Add Cimarex Energy to Your Portfolio? GuruFocus.com - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 6:23 PM EDT
In this article, let's take a look at Cimarex Energy Co. (XEC), a $12.32 billion market cap company, which is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company with operations in the Mid-Continent, ...
- Must-read: How to avoid 3 common investing mistakes Market Realist - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 5:00 PM EDT
To feel more comfortable about investing in risky assets, consider focusing on how one’s overall wealth is doing rather than focusing on each asset in isolation.
- 5 investing secrets of the wealthy that everyone should follow CNNMoney.com - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 3:02 PM EDT
Just because you can't afford the lifestyle of the super rich doesn't mean you can't invest like them. "Money doesn't guarantee you are a better investor than someone with less money," says Mindy ...
- 7 Investing Mistakes And How To Avoid Them @ Investopedia - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 2:00 PM EDT
No investor is flawless. Here are some common investing fallacies and a step-by-step guide on how to avoid them.
- Why inefficient and excessive trading can drastically cut profits Market Realist - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 1:00 PM EDT
Many investors tend to move in and out of positions in an inefficient way, reducing their potential profits. This may be because individual investors are often overly confident in their own abilities to ...
- A Simple Method To Outperform Buffett's Heirs StreetAuthority Network - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 1:00 PM EDT
You do not get to be one of the world's wealthiest investors without being able to make some pretty amazing deals. Shares of Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE:
- Why you should invest like Harvard @ MarketWatch - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 12:51 PM EDT
The Harvard University endowment has recently lagged the returns of a simple index fund, but a closer look, and a longer time horizon, puts their returns in a very different light.
- When Paying Off Debt With Your 401(K) Makes Sense @ Investopedia - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 12:00 PM EDT
The experts warn against touching your retirement savings early, but there are situations where it is the best financial decision.
- These Healthcare Stocks Remain Strong Bets @ Investopedia - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 11:40 AM EDT
Healthcare continues to perform strongly, holding up well during the recent stock index pullback. Here are four healthcare stocks to keep an eye on.
- Bond links: Should you follow Gross to Janus? @ MarketWatch - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 11:24 AM EDT
In today’s bond linkfest, we have links to columns discussing whether or not investors should continue to put their money with Bill Gross, another on risk assessment in your retirement fund, and more.
- Portfolio Analysis: A $200,598 Retirement Plan Strikes Out US News - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 10:16 AM EDT
Whenever we try something new, the excitement of getting started frequently overtakes us. We begin with unrealistic expectations and end disappointed. The investing experience of many people follows this ...
- Health Insurance Innovations (HIIQ) Enters Oversold Territory Zacks - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 8:26 AM EDT
Health Insurance Innovations (HIIQ) Enters Oversold Territory
- Delphi (DLPH) Is in Oversold Territory: What's Next? Zacks - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 8:22 AM EDT
Delphi (DLPH) Is in Oversold Territory: What's Next?
- Surviving Bear Country @ Investopedia - Tue, Sep 30, 2014 4:00 AM EDT
Stay calm, play dead and keep your eyes open for attractive valuations.
- Understand Your Role In The Investing Process @ Investopedia - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 8:00 PM EDT
Knowing what to expect when managing your assets will help you achieve your financial goals.
- Must-know: Why investors avoid stocks in their portfolio Market Realist - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 6:05 PM EDT
Why do some investors shy away from stocks? Behavioral finance studies have found that investors are roughly twice as sensitive to losses as they are to gains.
- Why you should leave credit research to the professionals Market Realist - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 5:00 PM EDT
3. Leave the heavy lifting to the pros. And by “heavy lifting,” I mean credit research. Our credit research team offers insight in their quarterly Municipal Credit Highlights.
- Investors Lose More Money Anticipating Corrections Than From Corrections Themselves Business Insider - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 4:19 PM EDT
FA Insights is a daily newsletter from Business...
- Get More By Paying Less For Your Funds @ Forbes - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 3:35 PM EDT
Get more, pay less. This promise has people jumping in most areas of life. A bottle of Domaine Leroy Musigny Grand Cru for the price of two-buck Chuck. A penthouse suite instead of a motel room. A free flight upgrade to first class. All of these decisions are no-brainers, so [...]
- New emerging market real estate ETF brings exposure to China, South Africa Reuters - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 2:07 PM EDT
A new exchange-traded fund tracking the real estate industry in emerging market countries debuted on Monday, offering investors a novel entry into a growth sector that also carries risks from markets like China in the midst of downturn. The Guggenheim Emerging Markets Real Estate ETF, launched by Guggenheim Investments, …
- Why you should overcome these 3 bad investing behaviors Market Realist - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 2:05 PM EDT
Do you avoid the stock market? Shun diversification? Trade inefficiently? Russ and guest blogger Nelli Oster — an investment strategist on Russ’ team — examine three common bad behaviors among investors....
- Why investing in long-term municipal bonds makes more sense Market Realist - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 1:00 PM EDT
The middle portion of the municipal yield curve (short and intermediate maturities) is looking relatively pricey at this juncture.
- Best Performing Utility ETFs This Year Zacks - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 12:59 PM EDT
These utility ETFs have been strong performers this year.
- [video] How Can Investors Be Wise Amid Global Unrest? @ MarketWatch - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 12:01 PM EDT
J.P. Morgan Funds global market strategist James Liu explains how investors can stay disciplined during constant global unrest. Photo: AP.
- The Ultimate Guide to Buying a Mutual Fund US News - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 10:53 AM EDT
With more than 7,700 mutual funds on the market, it's no surprise investors feel overwhelmed when making investment decisions. There are plenty of factors to consider when choosing a mutual fund: past performance, manager tenure and expense ratio. Many investors begin the investment process by shopping for funds based …
- Looking For Profit In Privately-Held Companies @ Investopedia - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 10:00 AM EDT
Private companies offer unique opportunities for those with the knowledge and resources to take advantage.
- Wait to Buy Bonds Right Before You Retire -- Don't Be So Conservative @ TheStreet.com - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 9:54 AM EDT
Waiting to invest in bonds until you are nearly ready to retire will help boost the returns in your retirement portfolio.
- Great Mutual Funds You Can Own for Just $100 @ Kiplinger - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 9:20 AM EDT
Your investment options are limited if money is tight, but these three picks should help get you started on a shoestring budget.
- Worthington Industries (WOR) Enters Oversold Territory Zacks - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 9:04 AM EDT
Worthington Industries (WOR) Enters Oversold Territory
- Must-know: Working the municipal bond portfolio Market Realist - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 9:00 AM EDT
Flex more muni muscle with a flexible municipal fund. “Unconstrained” investing has gotten quite a bit of press this year.
- Immersion (IMMR): Moving Average Crossover Alert Zacks - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 8:49 AM EDT
Immersion (IMMR): Moving Average Crossover Alert
- #PreMarket Prep Guest List For The Week Of September 29, 2014 Benzinga - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 7:57 AM EDT
There will be a wide variety of topics this week on Benzinga’s #PreMarket Prep broadcast, sponsored by Charles Schwab, including mutual bonds, real estate investment trusts and municipal bonds. Be sure ...
- What Makes GrafTech International (GTI) a Strong Sell? Zacks - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 7:02 AM EDT
GrafTech International is a stock to drop as it has witnessed negative trend in earnings estimate revisions and has seen its price decline significantly.
- When You Do—and Don’t—Need a Pro to Manage Your Money @ Money - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
Q: “At what net worth should I consider getting a money manager?” A: There is no magic number for when you need help. Similarly, you don’t have to wait for your net worth to hit a certain mark to seek ...