- Retirees, here's how to rebalance your portfolio @ USA TODAY - 14 hours ago
Rebalancing is easier on paper than in reality, however.
- 5 ways to spot risk in your portfolio @ MarketWatch - 17 hours ago
U.S. stocks are expensive by historical standards and the market has been choppy since mid-September. Nervous? Look at your portfolio from these angles.
- How to protect your retirement investments now @ MarketWatch - 17 hours ago
To protect your retirement savings, advisers are recommending tactical tweaks rather than wholesale portfolio changes.
- Pass or Fail? Analyzing and Grading a $818,000 Investment Account ETFguide - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 5:23 PM EST
What’s a telltale sign of a poorly designed investment portfolio? Answer: A portfolio that underperforms indexed yardsticks. Is it reasonable to expect this type of portfolio which is unable to deliver ...
- Is the 'January Effect' Signaling a Down Year for the Stock Market? @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 3:14 PM EST
CNBC's 'Fast Money Halftime' trading panel took a look at how stocks have shaped up for the first month of 2015 and what that means for the next 11 months.
- How long will it take for a savings bond to reach its face value? @ Investopedia - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 3:11 PM EST
Learn essential information about U.S. savings bonds along with an explanation of the unique characteristics of this popular investment instrument.
- When are treasury bills best to use in a portfolio? @ Investopedia - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 11:11 AM EST
Understand the role that U.S. Treasury bills can play in an investment portfolio and why they represent one of the most liquid and secure debt obligations.
- A Covered Call ETF Strategy Produces Big Yields ETF Trends - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 9:00 AM EST
A little unknown exchange traded fund that follows a covered call strategy has generated robust dividend yields over its first year. The Recon Capital NASDAQ-100 Covered Call ETF (NasdaqGM: QYLD) , which ...
- What are the typical durations for a certificate of deposit? @ Investopedia - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 7:31 AM EST
Investing in a certificate of deposit offers individuals the ability to earn interest on idle funds with less risk than stock or bond investments.
- Company Stock in 401(k)s: Proceed With Caution @ Morningstar - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 7:00 AM EST
Although concentrated ownership of company stock in retirement plans is less common than a few years ago, it's no less risky.
- Morningstar's 5-Point Retirement Portfolio Checkup @ Morningstar - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 7:00 AM EST
Jan. 26-30: Check your savings progress, assess your asset allocation, evaluate performance, size up your individual holdings, and get new ideas with model portfolios from Morningstar.
- Looking to invest $3K for the long term? Bankrate.com - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 5:00 AM EST
If investing for retirement, you should consider tax-advantaged retirement accounts. If you work for a firm that has a 401(k) plan and the company matches all or part of your contribution, that's a good place for your retirement investment. Finally, if you are saving for a child's college education, you'll probably want …
- Investment Tips for Boomers @ Fox Business - Thu, Jan 29, 2015 12:47 PM EST
Three common investment mistakes are not saving enough for retirement, not creating a long-term investment plan and chasing performance.
- Why your 401(k) is lagging the market’s gains @ MarketWatch - Thu, Jan 29, 2015 7:56 AM EST
A stampeding bull market helped push 401(k) balances higher in 2014, but retirement savers missed most of the fun at this rodeo.
- A Quick Guide to Reviewing Your Holdings @ Morningstar - Thu, Jan 29, 2015 7:00 AM EST
Benchmarking performance and watching key metrics are essential to evaluating whether your retirement holdings are doing their job.
- 2 New ETFs Tracking Zacks Benzinga - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 5:18 PM EST
Two new ETFs hit the market January 20 that aim to capture proprietary investment strategy of research giant Zacks . The two ETFs will be managed by ETF Securities and will cover U.S. equities; one being ...
- How To Overweight Your Portfolio For More Retirement Income @ Forbes - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 1:14 PM EST
With interest rates at historic lows and more retirees looking to pocket some additional income, an overweight portfolio may offer retirees a nice payday.
- Can Robo-Advisors Survive A Bear Market? @ Forbes - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 12:48 PM EST
Online investment management services now have billions of dollars under management but they've yet to weather a significant market downturn. Are they prepared?
- CNBC survey: Bet on emerging international markets @ CNBC - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 9:52 AM EST
A new survey of the revamped CNBC Financial Advisor Council finds members bullish on emerging markets as a good way to ride out market volatility.
- A Roadmap for Assessing Retirement Portfolio Performance @ Morningstar - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 7:00 AM EST
Comparing your portfolio with a good target-date fund or a customized benchmark can help you determine how you're doing.
- Is PIMCO's Commodity Strategy (PCRDX) a Good Bet? Investopedia - Tue, Jan 27, 2015 5:41 PM EST
The PIMCO Commodity Real Return Strategy (PCRDX): is it a good bet for your portfolio?
- When Your Client's Retirement is Around the Corner @ Investopedia - Tue, Jan 27, 2015 5:38 PM EST
With thousands of Baby Boomers reaching retirement age every day, here's a guide as to how financial advisors should approach and advise them.
- Position Sizing: The Way To Profit In Forex @ Investopedia - Tue, Jan 27, 2015 1:00 PM EST
Position sizing will account for the quickest and most magnified returns that a trade can generate.
- How to Buy Savings Bonds @ Kiplinger - Tue, Jan 27, 2015 12:20 PM EST
Buying savings bonds is easy, whether you get them online, at work or at your bank.
- Rebalancing Moves You May Need to Make @ Morningstar - Tue, Jan 27, 2015 7:00 AM EST
Investors who haven't checked in for a while may find their U.S. stock allocation is oversized compared with their overseas and bond holdings.
- Is Your Retirement Portfolio's Asset Allocation on Track? @ Morningstar - Tue, Jan 27, 2015 7:00 AM EST
Some guidance on setting--and not forgetting--your portfolio's stock/bond/cash mix.
- Guru Francis Chou Answers Readers' Questions GuruFocus.com - Mon, Jan 26, 2015 7:13 PM EST
Francis Chou immigrated to Canada in 1976 with $200 to his name. Without a college degree, Chou worked as a telephone repairman for Bell Canada, then formed an investment club with co-workers after reading ...
- Motley Fool: Vanguard's best ETFs @ USA TODAY - Mon, Jan 26, 2015 3:30 PM EST
Vanguard offers more than 50 ETFs.
- Mega-funds start to beat retreat from emerging markets Reuters - Mon, Jan 26, 2015 12:38 PM EST
Big pension, insurance and sovereign funds that kept faith with emerging markets during the massive selloffs of 2013 and 2014 may be starting to waver, potentially depriving the sector of a key source of support. While emerging markets are a tiny part of the assets of these institutional investors, anecdotal evidence …
- Bond links: What does European QE mean for U.S. bonds? @ MarketWatch - Mon, Jan 26, 2015 10:18 AM EST
In today’s bond linkfest, we have links to columns discussing the potential boost for U.S. bonds from the ECB’s actions, what you need to know about interest-rate risk, whether or not there are quality ...
- An Investor's Guide to Understanding Market Research US News - Mon, Jan 26, 2015 9:15 AM EST
In fact, when we speak to investors, many express a desire for basic tools to research and weigh investment decisions, and say they prefer simple charts and news to complicated products. This tells us there is a real need for straightforward research products that support everyday investors, as they work to understand …
- Is your target-date fund ripping you off? CNNMoney.com - Sun, Jan 25, 2015 8:45 AM EST
Target-date funds have become a wildly popular option among those seeking a hands-off approach to retirement investing. But not all of these funds are created equal. Based on the year you expect to retire, ...
- Diversification Beyond Stocks @ Investopedia - Sun, Jan 25, 2015 8:00 AM EST
If you think holding several stocks means you're diversified, think again - there's much more to be done to reduce portfolio risk.
- The Lowdown On Penny Stocks @ Investopedia - Sun, Jan 25, 2015 8:00 AM EST
Think penny stocks will make you rich? If you don't understand the risks, you could end up penniless.
- Accumulators: Is Your Retirement Plan on Track? @ Morningstar - Sun, Jan 25, 2015 7:00 AM EST
Rules of thumb won't cut it for this important question; how to customize based on your own situation.
- Preferred Stocks versus Bonds: How to Choose @ Investopedia - Sun, Jan 25, 2015 4:00 AM EST
What is the difference between corporate bonds and preferred stock? The following are a list of pros and cons for each investment.
- 7 Steps To A Successful Investment Journey @ Investopedia - Sat, Jan 24, 2015 3:00 PM EST
Before you start investing, educate yourself on financial ideas and develop a strategy that agrees with your personality.
- How to Determine the Value of Your Pre-Revenue Startup Entrepreneur - Sat, Jan 24, 2015 12:30 PM EST
- Overcoming Compounding's Dark Side @ Investopedia - Sat, Jan 24, 2015 4:00 AM EST
Understanding how money is made and lost over time can help you improve your returns.
- Options -- Accessing Stakes In Apple At Less Cost @ Investopedia - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 10:01 PM EST
Finding Apple stock costly to trade? Here are multiple ways to trade it through low-cost Apple options.
- Five Minute Investing Tutorial @ Investopedia - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 8:00 PM EST
A tutorial for people who want to manage their portfolios aggressively without having it consume their lives.
- Opinions Abound In The Market; Avoid Them For The Best Results Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 5:36 PM EST
It's easy to develop opinions quickly about the stock market, but opinion doesn't often jibe with reality. Interest rates, for example, often fuel bullish or bearish sentiment. When interest rates rise, ...
- New Equity Income ETF With A Twist Benzinga - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 3:18 PM EST
A Boston-based FFMC LLC, advisors to the QuantShares ETFs , have created a new ETF with two appealing characteristics: high dividend income and capital appreciation. The QuantShares Hedged Dividend Income ...
- Betting on Starbucks' Future GuruFocus.com - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 3:04 PM EST
In this article, let's take a look at Starbucks Corp. (SBUX), a $61.91 billion market cap company, which is the world's leading coffee retailer of high-quality coffee products, which it sells through its ...
- Diversifying Your Portfolio With Real Estate And Infrastructure @ Investopedia - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 3:00 PM EST
Real estate and infrastructure are important sectors for risk-averse investors.
- Why Investors Need to Rebalance Their Portfolios @ Investopedia - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 2:00 PM EST
The best way to explain why one should rebalance their portfolio is to show what could go wrong if one doesn't.
- 8 Tips for Bond Investors Watching Rising Rates US News - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 1:24 PM EST
Interest rates will rise. As the economy improves, the Federal Reserve gets closer to raising interest rates. U.S. News contributors and Smarter Investor bloggers share their tips on how to rebalance your bond portfolio in preparation for rising rates. Consider buying a bond fund.
- Investor amnesia can doom your portfolio @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 1:14 PM EST
The worst days of the Internet bubble of 2000 will soon fall off 15-year track records for mutual funds and indexes. It could change how investors view the stock market, writes Chuck Jaffe.
- Successful Investing Goes Beyond Index Funds @ Forbes - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 10:04 AM EST
With so many different index funds to choose from, picking a few can be a gamble.
- BofI Holdings: 10 Bagger On Sale For 25% Off @ Forbes - Fri, Jan 23, 2015 9:00 AM EST
When most things get marked down 25%, crowds of buyers appear out of nowhere. But when a stock gets marked down 25%, most people take it as evidence that something is wrong and wouldn’t touch it with a 10 foot pole. That is how great companies with the potential to change whole industries, can sometimes become great bargains. …