- Is Green Mountain Coffee Roasters a Buy Now? @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 3 hours ago
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters stock has been surging higher over the last couple of months, but is currently pulling back.
- Your 401(k) Plan: 3 Ways to Tell If It's Any Good @ Motley Fool - 9 hours ago
401(k) plans are often criticized, but how do you know if your plan is bad or good? Find out here.
- The Most Diversified Inflation-Proof Retirement Portfolio @ Seeking Alpha - 10 hours ago
As a result of the global financial crisis, elevated levels of sovereign debt and extremely expansive monetary policies by all major central banks around the world have led to growing concerns about inflation ...
- New Job? What Should You Do With Your Old 401(k)? @ Motley Fool - 10 hours ago
If you've changed jobs, or may leave your job, chances are that you have a 401(k) or other employer-sponsored retirement plan. What should you do with it?
- 5 Tips for Beginner Real Estate Investors @ Motley Fool - 10 hours ago
Knowing these five elements can be crucial to determining your success as a real estate investor and how well you accomplish your goals.
- Why Staples May Be Popular, But Is Certainly Not Profitable @ Seeking Alpha - 13 hours ago
Staples, Inc. ( SPLS ) has been the leading global distributor of office products for several decades, operating over 2,000 stores in 25 countries and generating larger profits than both of its direct ...
- Creating A Winning Good-Yielding Blue Chips Portfolio @ Seeking Alpha - 15 hours ago
I tried to create a good-yielding large-cap stock portfolio that can outperform the market by a big margin, but at the same time, would have a very low risk. The following screen shows such a promise. ...
- This Market's Best Defensive Stock Is Probably Not The One You Think StreetAuthority Network - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 2:40 PM EST
The stock market is quickly closing in on new highs despite looking overvalued. The S&P 500's Shiller price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio is now over 25 -- around 52% above its historical average of
- Before You Quit Your Job, Know the Rules for Rolling Over Retirement Savings @ Motley Fool - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 1:05 PM EST
Along with stringent rules for rollovers, access and information are big issues for many working retirement-savers. Here are some things that workers should know about IRA or 401(k) account rollovers.
- Peter Lynch's 2 Key Tips for Young Investors @ Motley Fool - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 12:05 PM EST
Peter Lynch offers two key tips for young investors to start saving for retirement today and begin a lifetime of successful long-term investing.
- Deep Value And Event-Driven Investment Idea: Interoil Exploration And Production @ Seeking Alpha - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 12:04 PM EST
(Editors' Note: This article covers a stock trading at less than $1 per share and/or has less than a $100 million market cap. Please be aware of the risks associated with these stocks.)
- Will We Be in a Bear Market for the Rest of the Year? @ Motley Fool - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 12:03 PM EST
Could these recent market pullbacks stretch out into a year-long bear market?
- Beware the Market Whiplash of Geopolitics @ The New York Times - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 10:51 AM EST
Ukraine’s crisis illustrates the risks of short-term investing in many emerging markets.
- Wells Fargo: A Good Dividend Pick? @ Seeking Alpha - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 9:09 AM EST
Wells Fargo ( WFC ) is one of the largest banks in the U.S. with a market cap of $245 billion. The bank suffered from severe economic downturn and faced critical situation during the financial meltdown ...
- Caesarstone, Home Depot, and Trex: 3 Housing Companies for Your Watchlist @ Motley Fool - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 8:01 AM EST
Check out these three housing recovery plays.
- 25 Must-Read Quotes from Warren Buffett's Letter to Shareholders @ Motley Fool - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 7:01 AM EST
The best quotes from Warren Buffett's annual letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders.
- Thank Vladimir Putin For This Week's Bank Of America Gains @ Seeking Alpha - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 3:40 AM EST
Bank of America ( BAC ) was up 4.8% on the week ended March 7th, a period mostly devoid of especially good economic news or a notable corporate event. However, there was an important change that occurred ...
- [$$] Next Stop for the Nasdaq: 5000 @ Barrons.com - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 3:33 AM EST
That would be the Nasdaq Composite's March 10, 2000, closing high of 5048.62, after which the tech-stock-laden index promptly fell almost 80%, as investors divorced themselves from all things tech-related. The Nasdaq hasn't come close to that level since, but it is on course to do so now, and perhaps sooner than many think. …
- Lessons From the Bull Market @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 12:30 AM EST
Weekend Investor: U.S. stocks have bounced back to record highs since the financial crisis. Here's how to avoid errors that cost many investors dearly during the rebound.
- The Bond Bombshell @ Motley Fool - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 12:00 AM EST
But try telling that to Peter Lynch. Try telling that to Warren Buffett. You can't go wrong Lynch's views on bonds can be summarised in these three short sentences: "The reason that stocks do better than bonds is not hard to fathom. The dividends are raised." He went on to say: "The dividend is such an important factor …
- Retirement Woes Remain As Housing, Stock Markets Rebound @ Investopedia - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 8:10 PM EST
Despite a rebounding stock market and recent housing gains, retiring comfortably remains an elusive goal for the majority of Americans, recent surveys have found.
- A Bellwether Says The Severe Winter Hurt Advisor Recruitment Business Insider - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 7:14 PM EST
FA Insights is a daily newsletter from Business...
- 7 Things Your Financial Advisor Should Not Tell You US News - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:06 PM EST
Here are some statements you should not expect (or may not even want) to hear from a financial advisor (and some things they should never tell you). Your financial advisor doesn't really know it better than anyone else. There is "proven low predictive power" for success in picking stocks or mutual funds, says Fran Kinniry, …
- Why Should You Invest In Emerging Markets? @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 3:46 PM EST
By Gregg S. Fisher, CFA Over the past 20 years, from January 1992 to December 2012, China's GDP per capita grew about 17 times and India's GDP per capita grew about 4 or 5 times. These are astronomical ...
- Realty Income Corporation (O) Roof Leaking Today @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 1:18 PM EST
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Realty Income Corporation (O) as a "roof leaker" (crossing below the 200-day simple moving average on higher than normal relative volume) candidate
- Where To Invest Now? U.S. Growth Funds And Junk Bonds @ Forbes - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 12:53 PM EST
An uncomplicated investment strategy that works: Stick with funds that are outperforming their peers. These 11 fit the bill.
- New First Trust ETF Combines Two Successful Methodologies @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 12:36 PM EST
The new fund is a combination of quantitative screening and relative strength in a fund of funds.
- Trade-Ideas: F5 Networks (FFIV) Is Today's Momo Momentum Stock @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 10:47 AM EST
Trade-Ideas LLC identified F5 Networks (FFIV) as a momo momentum candidate
- Things you can do that Wall Street can't @ USA TODAY - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 10:24 AM EST
Be blissfully ignorant, for one thing.
- Crises Can Create Investment Opportunities US News - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 9:18 AM EST
However, during crises, some investors, including myself, have frequently found opportunities to build up long-term positions in select stock markets that have become very reasonable, often even mispriced. Take South Korea in 1999, during their "International Monetary Fund crisis," or in China in the early 2000s, when …
- No Other Vendor For Dividends; The National Oilwell Varco Story @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 9:12 AM EST
The last time I wrote about National Oilwell Varco, Inc. ( NOV ) I stated, "…I'm going to be pulling the trigger on a very small batch of this particular name right now." Since the last article, ...
- The market is up 170% since 2009, but are you? MarketWatch - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 9:10 AM EST
- Alzheimer's Research Stocks - Technical And Other Considerations @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 8:38 AM EST
Editor’s Note: This article covers a stock trading at less than $1 per share and/or with less than a $100 million market cap. Please be aware of the risks associated with these stocks.
- Is Omega Healthcare (OHI) Ready to Breakout? Zacks - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 8:34 AM EST
Is Omega Healthcare (OHI) Ready to Breakout?
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Coca-Cola, Sony, Visa, Ambev and Banco Itau Zacks - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 8:00 AM EST
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Coca-Cola, Sony, Visa, Ambev and Banco Itau
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Nike, Pixelworks, iShares Biotech Index ETF, ABB and Intel Zacks - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 7:57 AM EST
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Nike, Pixelworks, iShares Biotech Index ETF, ABB and Intel
- AdvisorShares Debuts YieldPro ETF Zacks - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 6:35 AM EST
AdvisorShares adds to active ETFs line-up. New fund to target high yield bond space and offer volatility protection.
- BlackRock Kelso Capital's CEO Discusses Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 11:03 PM EST
James Maher - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Thanks, Larry. Good afternoon and thank you for joining our call today. We are pleased with our performance in 2013. Highlights include new investments ...
- Paranoia strikes deep with new market highs @ USA TODAY - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 5:46 PM EST
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean you can't sell.
- Stock Market Fear is Tapering, Greed is Back ETFguide - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 4:19 PM EST
The stock market’s wild mood swings from fear to greed and back are in full swing again. And this time around, the investing public’s fear of missing out on potential stock gains is greater than its fear ...
- Is it time to take your chips and cash out? @ Motley Fool - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 3:15 PM EST
A little investing advice inspired by Kenny Rogers.
- Stocks Are Two-Faced, And One Is A Pathological Liar @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 1:36 PM EST
Introduction I believe that it behooves all investors that invest in common stocks to have a coherent understanding of what I consider the most important principle regarding investing in stocks. Moreover, ...
- Why Shares of Energy Recovery, Inc. Popped Today @ Motley Fool - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 1:02 PM EST
Is this meaningful or just another movement?
- Seeing Through Emerging Market Volatility @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 11:58 AM EST
By Sharon Fay Stock markets in emerging markets (EMs) have gotten off to a rough start this year after a challenging 2013. Valuations have fallen and volatility remains high. So should investors add exposure ...
- Hot Small-Cap Picks Abound; Fund Managers Like Copart, Heico @ TheStreet.com - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 11:58 AM EST
Don't be fooled by their stellar run, small-cap stocks still have plenty of steam. But beware speculative biotech stocks.
- THL Credit Management Discusses Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 11:50 AM EST
James K. Hunt Thank you, Stephanie. Good morning. Thank you for joining this morning's call covering the results of THL Credit's fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2013. Our earnings announcement ...
- Where Are The Opportunities In Emerging Markets? @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 8:49 AM EST
By Patricia Oey Last month, I wrote an article entitled Are Emerging Markets Cheap? to shed some light on some of the assumptions that underlie the opinion that emerging markets are trading at attractive ...
- Time to Shop for Retail ETFs Again ETF Trends - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 8:15 AM EST
Retail stocks and exchange traded funds struggled in December and January. Blame it on the weather, investors’ skittishness regarding holiday sales reports, soft economic data or all three factors. Either ...
- Learn Your Strengths / Weaknesses, And Get Better Returns @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 8:02 AM EST
If you're a regular reader of the Income Surfer, you know that this site is all about balance. Balance in our personal lives by making sure to pursue our passions and spending time with loved ones. Balance ...
- Understanding the Mutual Fund vs. ETF Cost Difference ETF Database - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 7:00 AM EST
A lot has been made of the difference between ETF and mutual fund expenses, and for good reason. As the ETF world continues to expand, investors are granted hundreds of low-cost alternatives to many popular ...