- As You Near Retirement, Capitalize on Market Opportunities US News - 2 hours 3 minutes ago
At the end of 2014, there was a steady stream of reporting around the strength of the U.S. economy: the Dow Jones industrial average and Standard & Poor's 500 index reached new highs in the fourth quarter of 2014, the Nasdaq Composite index hit its best point since the 1990s technology bubble and the U.S. Bureau of Labor …
- Why you shouldn't fear Nasdaq 5,000 @ CNBC - 2 hours 19 minutes ago
Here's why investors shouldn't fear Nasdaq 5,000 this time around.
- 5 Ways to Protect Your Portfolio From Black Swan Events @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 46 minutes ago
History: not exactly a thrilling topic in a world of short attention spans. Yet there is a great deal to learn from history if we pay attention to its lessons.
- A Portfolio For Savers Nearing Retirement @ Investopedia - 6 hours ago
Portfolio strategists are pushing more stocks on near-retirees ... but maybe not enough. Here are some 2020 target-date funds that'll do the work for you.
- What are essential steps to financial due diligence? @ Investopedia - 7 hours ago
Explore different areas of financial due diligence. Learn the steps of due diligence that may help ensure selected investments are profitable.
- Bank of America: Frenzied Trading, but Which Way? @ Barrons.com - 18 hours ago
Bank of America, whose stock seems flash-frozen ahead of key regulatory reviews, is on fire in the options market. The bank’s one-month at-the-money options are unusually expensive ahead of an important Federal Reserve decision that could reverse the stock’s near 12% year-to-date decline. Bank of America’s (BAC) one-month …
- Lower gas prices fueling saving, paying off debt @ USA TODAY - 20 hours ago
People say the drop in gas and oil prices since last year is saving them an average of $108 a month.
- One Simple Way to Save More for Your Retirement in Your 401(k) @ TheStreet.com - 21 hours ago
The damage to an individual's retirement savings that a 1% difference in fees can do over time is truly shocking.
- Five Reasons To Invest In India @ Forbes - 22 hours ago
India not overbought yet, ETF firm Emerging Global Advisors believes.
- Investors Have No Alternatives As Popular Indicators Warn Of Overvalued Markets @ Forbes - Thu, Mar 5, 2015 10:56 AM EST
With US treasuries offering real returns of about 0.5%, many investors are taking the risk and jumping into this overvalued market.
- Don't Fall in Love with Preferreds @ Barrons.com - Thu, Mar 5, 2015 10:33 AM EST
Brian Rehling, co-head of global fixed-income strategy with Wells Fargo Investment Institute, covered some of this ground in his March 4 column, “A Higher-Yield Choice for Income Investors.” But Rehling also warns investors not to load up. In a phone interview, he told Barron's, “We do find a fair number of retail investors, …
- Record ETF Flows Persist Amid Warning ’15 Will Hurt: Muni Credit @ Bloomberg - Thu, Mar 5, 2015 10:23 AM EST
Individuals this year have added about $1 billion to ETFs that purchase state and local bonds, the fastest annual start since the funds started in 2007, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Municipal securities have gained about 0.5 percent in 2015, the worst start to a year since 2011, according to Bank of America …
- Keeping Calm When the Market Goes South @ Money - Thu, Mar 5, 2015 10:00 AM EST
A financial adviser shares tips for easing anxiety in a rollercoaster market.
- Efficiently Save Toward Retirement with Cheap ETFs ETF Trends - Thu, Mar 5, 2015 10:00 AM EST
Americans’ retirement portfolios are falling short. However, Investors can utilize cheap, low-cost exchange traded funds to help maximize returns and save toward their golden years. According to the Federal ...
- Portfolio Report Card: A Poorly Designed $863,309 Advisor Managed Account ETFguide - Thu, Mar 5, 2015 9:50 AM EST
How can a person tell the difference between a healthy and unhealthy investment portfolio? Naturally, it’s by how well (or poorly) a portfolio does at addressing crucial areas like taxes, cost, diversification, ...
- Best Investments Outside of North America That You Are Not Thinking About @ TheStreet.com - Thu, Mar 5, 2015 9:27 AM EST
Three ways to diversify and get exposure to areas you likely dont have in your portfolio.
- Investor Optimism Soars to Highest Level Since Financial Crisis @ TheStreet.com - Thu, Mar 5, 2015 9:00 AM EST
Investors appear to have gotten over the 2008 financial crisis and are growing more optimistic about their finances and the economy, according to the latest Wells Fargo/Gallup survey.
- Top Target-Date Funds: Adjusting For Retirement Age @ Investor's Business Daily - Thu, Mar 5, 2015 8:02 AM EST
Target-date mutual funds geared for those retiring many years from now start out with relatively heavy asset weightings in U.S. and foreign stocks. That's because stocks, though more volatile than bonds, ...
- COLUMN-Watch that free money for IRA rollovers Reuters - Thu, Mar 5, 2015 8:00 AM EST
Today, you can get anywhere from $50 to $2,500 for rolling over a 401(k) into an Individual Retirement Account, or just by moving an IRA from another financial institution. The latest marketing twist comes from Fidelity Investments, which is offering an "IRA Match" program to new and existing customers who transfer …
- David Winters Purchases 4 International Stocks in Q4 GuruFocus.com - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 7:51 PM EST
David Winters (Trades, Portfolio)’ Wintergreen Fund (Trades, Portfolio) is a global value fund that invests anywhere in the world in almost any asset class.
- What are the advantages of an index fund over an ETF? @ Investopedia - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 4:11 PM EST
Diversifying a portfolio is one of pillars of investing basics, and an index fund can provide an investor with exposure to large segments of the market.
- Credit Suisse: 9 Best Banking Stocks to Add to Your Portfolio Right Now @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 2:45 PM EST
Financial stocks have a lot riding on them this year. Credit Suisse put forth its best ideas for the sector.
- GE: Traders Get Bullish On Succession Chatter @ Barrons.com - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 2:33 PM EST
Speculation is swirling that Jeff Immelt, GE’s chairman and chief executive, could be replaced by Jeff Bornstein, GE’s (GE) chief financial officer. Bornstein’s “focus on costs, cash flow, earnings quality, and transparency is getting traction,” Barclays’ Scott R. Davis recently opined in a research note. There is a view …
- Biotechnology: One of the Last Great Growth Frontiers for Retail Investors @ Forbes - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 1:23 PM EST
In 1986, Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) went public at a valuation of about $500 million. If you were fortunate enough to invest $10,000 in Microsoft on the first day of trading at $28/share (Microsoft’s stock price closed at $27.75 that day), your shares would be worth nearly $7 million today after
- Smartest Ways to Invest $1,000 @ Fox Business - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 12:23 PM EST
Money experts say these are some of the smartest ways for you to invest $1,000.
- Stay Away From Basic Materials And Energy -- Buy Healthcare, Financials, And Technology Instead @ Forbes - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 11:00 AM EST
Chuck Self: iSectors is an outsourced investment management firm that has a suite of 14 low-cost exchange traded fund based asset allocation models. We distribute only to financial advisors -- so financial advisors are our clients. We help these financial advisors with outsourced investment solutions for their clients. …
- What to Do When Your 401(k) Doesn't Cut It US News - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 9:39 AM EST
Yet there comes a juncture when any plan's investment formula must be questioned, and possibly retired in favor of something better. "Answering the question, 'What's the best allocation for me?' can be daunting," says Dirk Quayle, founder, president and board member of NextCapital, a digital advice firm based in Chicago. …
- 10 Smart Ways to Boost Your Investing Results @ Money - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 9:30 AM EST
You don't have to be an investing genius to improve your returns. Just follow a few simple steps.
- Premier Financial posts 4Q profit Associated Press - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 8:48 AM EST
The Huntington, West Virginia-based bank said it had earnings of 37 cents per share. The multi-bank holding company posted revenue of $14.2 million in the period. For the year, the company reported profit ...
- The only 5 investments you need to own MarketWatch - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 8:44 AM EST
One small group of ETFs offer a good opportunity for investors right now, says Jeff Reeves.
- 10 investing tips to beat Wall St. even without a ‘fiduciary rule’ @ MarketWatch - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 8:31 AM EST
Even if Obama’s new fiduciary rule is DOA, you can beat Wall Street as a do-it-yourself investor managing your portfolio without paying any of Wall Street’s excessive advisory fees. So here are the 10 ...
- 5 Stocks Insiders Love Right Now @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 7:00 AM EST
Insiders at these companies have been scooping up shares of their own stock lately.
- Why Warren Buffett is wrong about investing in global stocks @ MarketWatch - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 6:01 AM EST
Warren Buffett is a big booster of U.S. stocks, but columnist Brett Arends counters that an ‘America-first’ investment strategy is shortsighted.
- What to do with a big, fat inheritance CNNMoney.com - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 6:30 PM EST
I just inherited $250,000 that I want to invest, but I'm concerned that stocks may be overvalued and bonds might be hurt by rising interest rates. Should I invest this money gradually to protect myself ...
- Avery Dennison Reported Significant EPS Improvement GuruFocus.com - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 4:23 PM EST
In this article, let's take a look at Avery Dennison Corporation (AVY), a $4.88 billion market cap company.
- This New ETF Focuses On Quality, Value And Momentum Benzinga - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 3:41 PM EST
ArrowShares Advisors LLC and Ford Equity Research have teamed up to create the Arrow QVM Equity Factor ETF (NYSE: QVM ). The new ETF will compliment ArrowShares' two existing ETFs, the Arrow Dow Jones ...
- Starting to invest: It's not as tough as you might think @ Los Angeles Times - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 3:17 PM EST
Darlene probably speaks for a lot of people:
- Here’s why Nasdaq 5000 should spook you @ Fortune - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 11:32 AM EST
The law of large numbers is hard to get around.
- 5 Health Care Stocks to Trade for Breakout Gains in March @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 7:08 AM EST
Here's a technical look at five of the best breakout setups in the health care sector right now.
- Petrobras fall from grace roils wider Lat Am debt markets @ Financial Times - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 6:10 AM EST
Moody's decision last week to strip Brazil's oil company Petrobras of its investment grade status and send it two notches into junk territory triggered a sharp sell-off in the country's markets and raised ...
- Making Sense Of The Most Traded Market In The World @ Investopedia - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 12:00 AM EST
Technical indicators are extremely useful for forex traders; find out how you can get started with these powerful tools.
- First Take: Back to the future — Nasdaq 5000 circa 2015 @ USA TODAY - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 6:06 PM EST
The tech-packed index tops 5000 for the first time since the dot-com crash in 2000.
- Back to the Future: Dow Industrials, S&P 500 Hit New Highs, Nasdaq Clears 5,000 @ Barrons.com - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 5:44 PM EST
It's back to the future as the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the S&P 500 hit new all-time highs today--and soon the Nasdaq Composite may be joining them, as the tech-heavy index closed above 5,000 for the first time since the dot-com boom. The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 155.93 points, or 0.9%, to 18288.63--a …
- Apparel Retailers Break Out: How to Pocket Gains @ Barrons.com - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 4:07 PM EST
The breakout event was driven by Gap Inc. (GPS), which jumped Friday after the company announced a new $1 billion share buyback program, which follows its previous $500 million program announced last October. They may not have formed official breakouts but many, such as L Brands (LB) have been in solid bull trends for …
- 3 Ageless Lessons for Nasdaq 5000 ETFguide - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 4:04 PM EST
Back to the future! The Nasdaq Composite Index (NasdaqGIDS:^IXIC) just crossed 5,000. Other stock market yardsticks like the Dow Jones Industrial Average (NYSEARCA:DIA) and S&P 500 (NYSEARCA:VOO) sit atop ...
- Buying ETFs on Margin Versus Leveraged ETFs @ Investopedia - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 3:37 PM EST
Leveraged ETFs and investing in an ETF on margin both have their advantages and disadvantages.
- How To Mitigate Mistakes Made Due To Behavioral Biases Market Realist - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 12:06 PM EST
Mitigate mistakes made due to behavioral biases by thinking long-term and using ETFs as a tool to diversify your portfolio.
- Yahoo Has Been A Disappointment Since Alibaba Spinoff - Will Things Change For The Bulls? Benzinga - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 11:52 AM EST
Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ: YHOO ) shares have been a disappointment for the bulls ever since peaking out in mid-November 2014. Since then, shares have traded lower by more than 15 percent while the NASDAQ has ...
- Strategies for Investing in the World's Fastest-Growing Economies US News - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 11:41 AM EST
Let's say you've decided your portfolio would benefit from some type of international diversification. After all, with roughly half the world's market capitalization residing outside the U.S., there must be opportunity somewhere. Many people instinctively look for stocks, bonds, mutual funds or exchange-traded funds that …
- Why Warren Buffett is giving bad advice to disciplined investors @ MarketWatch - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 9:22 AM EST
Surprisingly, Buffett’s annual investor letter had some bad advice for disciplined investors. We have seen this same advice from Buffett several times before and decided to pen this article.