- Sphere 3D: A Ticking Time Bomb Set To Self-Destruct? @ Seeking Alpha - 32 minutes ago
Sphere 3D (Nasdaq: ANY; TSXV: ANY.V) can thank a former regulatory target with a lousy trading record for much of the buying pressure that has allowed its highflying stock to resist the forces of gravity....
- Trade-Ideas: W R Grace (GRA) Is Today's "Storm The Castle" Stock @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 11 minutes ago
Trade-Ideas LLC identified W R Grace (GRA) as a "storm the castle" (crossing above the 200-day simple moving average on higher than normal relative volume) candidate
- India ETFs Aren’t Done Yet ETF Trends - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
Exchange traded funds tracking Indian equities have been among the brightest spots in what has generally been a shiny year for emerging markets ETFs. In the run-up to and in the aftermath Narendra Modi’s ...
- Trade-Ideas: Under Armour (UA) Is Today's Momo Momentum Stock @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Under Armour (UA) as a momo momentum candidate
- 5 Obstacles to Early Retirement US News - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
Early retirement is a dream for many employees toiling away at dissatisfactory jobs. The 2014 Retirement Confidence Survey by the Employee Benefit Research Institute found that half of all workers have less than $10,000 saved for retirement.
- Bulls Take Notice - Caution Suggested As Credit Markets And Equity Markets Diverge @ Seeking Alpha - 2 hours 50 minutes ago
Summary Divergence with small cap stocks and junk bonds persists Credit spreads widening suggests building short-term financial stress Markets oversold and how risk areas react will be telling
- Huntington Bancshares' Problem With Too Much Profitability @ Motley Fool - 2 hours 59 minutes ago
Don't let excessive profits be the downfall of your investment.
- Is There Such a Thing as Too Much Indexing? US News - 3 hours ago
Cheap, productive and a breeze to understand: It's easy to see why index funds are so popular. Financial advisors say index funds are like protein: They're the building blocks of your portfolio, but it's important to indulge your appetite for other flavors of investments, too. The most important thing to understand is …
- New Lifetime High Reached: Federal Realty Investment (FRT) @ TheStreet.com - 3 hours ago
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Federal Realty Investment (FRT) as a new lifetime high candidate
- Why A Short Covering Rally Might Come for Quicksilver (KWK) Stock Zacks - 4 hours ago
Why A Short Covering Rally Might Come for Quicksilver (KWK) Stock
- United Technologies (UTX) Enters Oversold Territory Zacks - 4 hours ago
United Technologies (UTX) Enters Oversold Territory
- Medicines (MDCO) is Oversold: Can It Recover? Zacks - 5 hours ago
Medicines (MDCO) is Oversold: Can It Recover?
- Rock-Tenn (RKT): Moving Average Crossover Alert Zacks - 5 hours ago
Rock-Tenn (RKT): Moving Average Crossover Alert
- 3 reasons to hold Telstra Corporation Ltd shares @ Motley Fool - 12 hours ago
Current shareholders shouldn’t overlook Telstra’s future potential.
- 2014 Mid-Year Call Performance And Updates @ Seeking Alpha - 18 hours ago
Call Context Before getting into my call performance and update details, there are a few things I need to mention that are important to all of my individual calls.
- 3 High-Yielding MLP ETFs That Carry Below-Average Risk @ Seeking Alpha - 20 hours ago
Investments focusing on master limited partnerships (or MLPs) have performed very well recently. Many have seen double-digit returns year-to-date, and a few are even north of 20%. As a result of the popularity ...
- 5 Stocks Insiders Love Right Now @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 1:03 PM EDT
Insiders at these companies have been scooping up shares of their own stock lately.
- [$$] The 'Tycoon Trade': Big Money for Pricey Stocks @ Barrons.com - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 12:28 PM EDT
It's a basic fact that many investors overlook because of the sticker shock associated with the stock prices. Recent earnings reports from Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) and Netflix (NFLX) are a reminder of this market dynamic. Other pricey shares include Google (GOOG), Priceline (PCLN) and Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway …
- This Is Why Shorting Stocks Is So Brutal Business Insider - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 12:11 PM EDT
It's just not a great idea to short stocks...
- CYS Investments Inc Stock Upgraded (CYS) @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 11:13 AM EDT
CYS Investments (NYSE:CYS) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from a sell to hold.
- Whirlpool (WHR) Marked As A Barbarian At The Gate @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 11:00 AM EDT
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Whirlpool (WHR) as a "barbarian at the gate" (strong stocks crossing above resistance with today's range greater than 200%) candidate
- Young Americans Prefer Bank Investments, Not Stock Market @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 11:00 AM EDT
That's a problem, because younger Americans aren't going to meet their giant retirement savings burden with low-yielding cash investments.
- Why the Faltering Junk Bond Market May Signal Deeper Problems Ahead ETFguide - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 10:02 AM EDT
Not many have noticed but the performance of high yield bonds (also known as “junk bonds”) are breaking down. The decline in high yield corporate debt has been modest (-1.5%) thus far, so it’s still ...
- Celgene (CELG) Is Today's Momo Momentum Stock @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 9:50 AM EDT
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Celgene (CELG) as a momo momentum candidate
- How Warren Buffett Defied Popular Thinking on Risk @ Motley Fool - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 9:32 AM EDT
Buffett shows how smart people can fail miserably in evaluating risk.
- High-Yielding JPMorgan Needs To Yield More For Me Then I'll Consider It @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 9:23 AM EDT
The last time I wrote about JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM ) I stated, "Due to the stock being overbought, 2015 earnings estimate cuts, and declining return on equity, I will not be pulling the trigger ...
- Millennials Choose Cash -- And Why That's Not So Great Forbes - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 9:11 AM EDT
Some two out of five Millenials—39%—prefer cash as the long-term investment for money they don’t need for at least 10 years, according to a new Bankrate.com report, roughly three times the number who chose ...
- Kinder Morgan And Magellan Health: Jim Simons And Insiders Seem To Love These Stocks @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 8:24 AM EDT
Renaissance Technologies, a hedge fund managed by billionaire, mathematician and philanthropist Jim Simons, is one of the most successful firms in the financial segment. With a highly diversified portfolio ...
- Southern First Bancshares (SFST) Enters Overbought Territory Zacks - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 7:49 AM EDT
Southern First Bancshares (SFST) Enters Overbought Territory
- NASDAQ OMX (NDAQ) is Overbought: Is A Drop Coming? Zacks - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 7:46 AM EDT
NASDAQ OMX (NDAQ) is Overbought: Is A Drop Coming?
- Moving Average Crossover Alert: Kraton (KRA) Zacks - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 7:35 AM EDT
Moving Average Crossover Alert: Kraton (KRA)
- Get 7-9% Retirement Income And Grow Principal Using CEFs: A Model Portfolio @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 6:32 AM EDT
As regular readers are aware, I've been writing on the subject of using closed-end funds as a means to generate high income while maintaining a stable capital base. I laid out a basic case in Part 1 of ...
- [audio] Consistency leads to successful investing @ MarketWatch - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 6:10 AM EDT
C. Thomas Howard, director of research at AthenaInvest and author of "Behavioral Portfolio Management," tells Chuck Jaffe investors can find a lot of ways to achieve investment success. But he ...
- Hennessy Advisors Would Be A Perfect Addition To One Of Its Own Funds @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 5:00 AM EDT
Company overview Hennessy Advisors (NASDAQ: HNNA ) is an investment manager that offers domestic equity, sector, specialty, balanced and fixed income products.
- Here's Why You Should Ignore Short-Term Fears About Seadrill @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 1:02 AM EDT
There have been quite a lot of developments for Seadrill (NYSE: SDRL ) over the last few days - the company decided to raise capital through debt offering and also offered to redeem the previously outstanding ...
- Should you buy Macquarie Group Ltd? @ Motley Fool - Tue, Jul 22, 2014 8:45 PM EDT
The investment bank appears to be a promising long-term buy and hold but it’s important to consider the downside risks.
- Sector Performance Update - First Half 2014 @ Seeking Alpha - Tue, Jul 22, 2014 7:38 PM EDT
Separating the Signal from the Noise Market noise obscures the true relationships among individual sectors and true industry-specific performance. By stripping away market and broad macroeconomic effects, ...
- Are You SIFI? @ Seeking Alpha - Tue, Jul 22, 2014 7:30 PM EDT
[Originally published on 5/6/2014] "Financial crises are always and everywhere due to problems of short-term debt" quoth Doug Diamond, and wisely. Not so, according to the Office of Financial ...
- Cramer: Post earnings, 3 stocks with more upside @ CNBC - Tue, Jul 22, 2014 6:39 PM EDT
Cramer thinks now is a good time to look at companies that have rallied post quarter, and then attempt to determine which could have more upside.
- The Olstein All Cap Value Fund's 2014 First Quarter Letter to Shareholders GuruFocus.com - Tue, Jul 22, 2014 6:24 PM EDT
Dear Fellow Shareholders:
- How to supercharge your portfolio and retire with $2.66 million @ Motley Fool - Tue, Jul 22, 2014 6:08 PM EDT
Careful forethought and planning can make your seriously rich!
- 3 great reasons to buy Coca-Cola Amatil Ltd today @ Motley Fool - Tue, Jul 22, 2014 5:43 PM EDT
Don’t let doubts over the short-term restrict you from long-term gains.
- Dividend Growth Investing: An Open Portfolio For Your Review @ Seeking Alpha - Tue, Jul 22, 2014 5:30 PM EDT
Introduction: As an investor, I count myself among those who use the strategy known as Dividend Growth. For my own investing, tied into that strategy is the factor of valuation. Now, valuation becomes ...
- A DGI Portfolio: Case For Passive Income From Stock Dividends - Part 3 @ Seeking Alpha - Tue, Jul 22, 2014 5:13 PM EDT
Those of you who have not read the part-1 or part-2 of this series of articles, you can read them here and here. In the part-2 of this series, I attempted to demonstrate the strength of a Dividend Growth ...
- Retirement Strategy: Coca-Cola Earnings Were Just Fair, Should Dividend Investors Head For The Hills … @ Seeking Alpha - Tue, Jul 22, 2014 3:41 PM EDT
As I have discussed often, dividend investors for retirement have a unique strategy that affords us the ability to maintain an income stream that has historically moved higher in both good and bad times, ...
- Why Dex Media Is Attractive In Less Than 1,000 Words @ Seeking Alpha - Tue, Jul 22, 2014 3:26 PM EDT
Overview Dex Media (NASDAQ: DXM ) is an overleveraged firm in a declining business and this distress has led to an overreaction and hence an incredible opportunity in the firm's common stock.
- How To Predict The Next Recession @ Seeking Alpha - Tue, Jul 22, 2014 3:14 PM EDT
How To Predict The Next Recession The stock market's rise and global economic growth will continue as long as 6 key indicators are not triggered.
- Shrinkage in Prologis Convertible Bonds: It's All About Price @ Forbes - Tue, Jul 22, 2014 2:51 PM EDT
Just over three months ago I wrote a piece here suggesting that instead of putting their cash in the convertible bonds of storage giant Prologis, investors would be better off storing it under their mattresses. Since then, the bonds have dropped about 3% while accruing a little less than a point [...]
- ETFs To Tap Into India’s Rising Consumer Confidence ETF Trends - Tue, Jul 22, 2014 2:33 PM EDT
After Narendra Modi’s win in the recent national elections, consumer confidence levels in India jumped in the second quarter, lifting the country to the top position globally. Investors can capitalize ...
- Amgen Can Propel Over $120 With Earnings Right Around The Corner @ Seeking Alpha - Tue, Jul 22, 2014 2:22 PM EDT
The last time I wrote about Amgen Inc. (NASDAQ: AMGN ) I stated, "Due to the low dividend payout ratio, inexpensive valuation based on next year's earnings estimates, and the stock price going on ...