- 3 Tips for a Perfect Investment Plan @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 37 minutes ago
When you want to evaluate your investment returns, what do you compare them with?
- Fairchild Semiconductor, E*Trade Financial, Gilead Sciences, Roche and Biogen Idec highlighted as Zacks … Zacks - 48 minutes ago
Fairchild Semiconductor, E*Trade Financial, Gilead Sciences, Roche and Biogen Idec highlighted as Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day
- Finding Mutual Funds With the Highest Rate of Return @ Fox Business - 12 hours ago
Dave Says: When it comes to finding the best mutual funds, use this criteria.
- The Fed giveth, and oil taketh away @ MarketWatch - 18 hours ago
Mom-and-pop investors appear to be coming back into the market in force as the averages continue to march higher, but the market itself is making a bet on oil that suggests any gains made from equities ...
- Why Diversification Doesn���t Always Mitigate Risk @ TheStreet.com - 19 hours ago
A colorful, balanced asset-class-based pie chart does not equate to sensible level of risk.
- 5 Land Mines to Avoid in Funding Your 401(k) TheStreet.com - 21 hours ago
Way too many investors make mistakes over and over again that could easily reduce the value of their 401(k) plans.
- Have You Upped Your Global Stock ETF Game? ETF Trends - 22 hours ago
Most investors show a preference to their home countries, or “home country bias,” but with exchange traded funds, portfolio diversification and global markets are easy to access. Investment experts argue ...
- Mellanox Technologies (MLNX) In A Perilous Reversal @ TheStreet.com - 22 hours ago
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Mellanox Technologies (MLNX) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate
- Analog Devices (ADI) Enters Oversold Territory Zacks - 23 hours ago
Analog Devices (ADI) Enters Oversold Territory
- Arch Capital (ACGL) is Oversold: Can It Recover? Zacks - 23 hours ago
Arch Capital (ACGL) is Oversold: Can It Recover?
- Increasing Interest Rates Brings New Market Returns On Asset @ TheStreet.com - 23 hours ago
Tapering and the ultimate withdrawal of a monetary stimulus will lead to higher interest rates, a welcome sign for investors who have faced weak returns.
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Regions Financial, Federal National Mortgage Association, Wells Fargo, … Zacks - Mon, Jul 28, 2014 7:52 AM EDT
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Regions Financial, Federal National Mortgage Association, Wells Fargo, JPMorgan Chase and AbbVie
- Should You Buy a Single-Family Home to Rent Out? @ TheStreet.com - Mon, Jul 28, 2014 7:38 AM EDT
A study shows that many investors would like to dabble in the single-family home rental market -- but it's not easy to do, and the risks are scary.
- 6 steps to a bulletproof retirement portfolio CNBC - Mon, Jul 28, 2014 7:30 AM EDT
- Falling Earnings Estimates Signal Weakness Ahead for FX Energy (FXEN) Zacks - Mon, Jul 28, 2014 7:14 AM EDT
FX Energy one such stock that can be considered to drop as it has witnessed a significant price decline and has seen negative earnings
- These 3 big dividend property groups are smashing the ASX 200 @ Motley Fool - Sun, Jul 27, 2014 8:55 PM EDT
6% to 7% yields are still possible!
- The Day I Sold Everything: Questions Answered @ Seeking Alpha - Sun, Jul 27, 2014 4:38 PM EDT
Thank you all who have commented on my article, "The Day I Sold Everything." I am humbled, bemused, overwhelmed and impressed by you all. I appreciate the comments, both pro, con and critical! ...
- Gen X Must Step Up Its Retirement Savings @ TheStreet.com - Sun, Jul 27, 2014 2:00 PM EDT
Many Gen X-ers are lagging behind their counterparts when it comes to saving enough money for retirement.
- 3 Retirement Secrets You Need to Know @ Motley Fool - Sun, Jul 27, 2014 1:50 PM EDT
Your dream retirement may be easier to attain than you may think, and here are three reasons why.
- This Is Why Shorting Stocks Is So Brutal Business Insider - Sun, Jul 27, 2014 12:28 PM EDT
It's just not a great idea to short stocks...
- How Much Further Can The STI Rise? @ Motley Fool - Sun, Jul 27, 2014 5:34 AM EDT
Janet Yellen, the chair of the US Federal Reserve, in her semi-annual Monetary Report to the Congress, told American lawmakers that a wide range of assets including stocks, bonds and property had risen. Compare Janet Yellen’s appraisal of the markets with that of Christine Lagarde who is the head of the International Monetary …
- Sitting on the fence is an attractive option @ Financial Times - Sun, Jul 27, 2014 3:20 AM EDT
This year has been a brutal one so far for fund managers, though you would not know it from the headline figures. Equity markets have moved largely sideways and volatility has remained low, but underneath ...
- Wonga: large lessons for big investors @ Financial Times - Sun, Jul 27, 2014 3:15 AM EDT
The Church of England's indirect investment in Wonga, the UK payday lender, has been called humiliating, embarrassing and incompetent. But at the beginning of this month the investment debacle seemed to ...
- 10 Reasons You Need a Roth IRA @ Motley Fool - Sun, Jul 27, 2014 1:01 AM EDT
While all tax-advantaged retirement accounts have excellent benefits, there are a lot of features that make Roth IRAs especially beneficial.
- Why Visa Is My Largest Holding, With Further Gains Expected @ Seeking Alpha - Sat, Jul 26, 2014 10:45 AM EDT
When constructing a well balanced portfolio, I believe in letting long term winners ride especially when their fundamental outlook hasn't changed. Why cut a good thing short to take funds out to chase ...
- Going for Growth @ Barrons.com - Sat, Jul 26, 2014 5:31 AM EDT
As a child growing up in Paris' wealthy 16th Arrondissement, an elite enclave of French high society, Fabrice Vecchioli was fascinated by his long talks with his grandfather about stocks and bonds. Investing for his own account, the elder Vecchioli made money through World Wars I and II and the Great Depression. "He said …
- Don't Invest in Target Date Retirement Funds Without Knowing These 3 Things @ Motley Fool - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 5:05 PM EDT
Don't blindly invest in a target-date fund without knowing the answers to these questions.
- Forward Testing Various Investment Alternatives Against A High-Risk, High-Dividend Portfolio @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 4:06 PM EDT
Many individual investors are leaving their money on the sidelines right now because the averages have been hitting all time highs. Some of the people that I contact are fearful of putting their hard earned ...
- Has The Fed Doomed Buy And Hold? @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 2:57 PM EDT
In December 2008, the Federal Reserve embarked upon the most expansionary monetary policy in U.S. history. In an unprecedented action, the Fed moved its Federal Funds Target Rate to a range of 0% to 0.25% ...
- Brazil's Coming Melt-Up @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 1:49 PM EDT
"If there is no struggle, there is no progress." - Frederick Douglass Political change can be more stimulative than all the Quantitative Easing in the world. While central banks can attempt to ...
- Today's Market: Mergers And Acquisitions Rumors Driving These Stocks Higher @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 12:34 PM EDT
The M&A activity has really carried this market over the course of the year, as investors have sought guidance anywhere they can get it. As more transactions are announced, market participants view this ...
- What To Hold: 3 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks PMT, HR, SPLS @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
These 3 dividend stocks are rated a Hold by TheStreet
- Buy-and-hold investing is impossible @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 11:23 AM EDT
Whether it is making moves on the edge of a portfolio or hiring a money manager who adapts and tries to guide the portfolio, it’s basic human nature to want to avoid pain, writes Chuck Jaffe.
- Morningstar Inc Stock Downgraded (MORN) @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 11:15 AM EDT
Morningstar (Nasdaq:MORN) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from from a buy to hold.
- Freescale Semiconductor Ltd Stock Upgraded (FSL) @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 11:13 AM EDT
Freescale Semiconductor (NYSE:FSL) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from a sell to hold.
- 5 Investing Lessons I Learned Eating Lunch with Tom Gayner @ Motley Fool - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 10:12 AM EDT
Tom Gayner is the President and Chief Investment Officer of Markel, a specialty insurer located 102 miles south of Motley Fool HQ. Mr. Gayner kindly invited me and three other Fools to have lunch with ...
- 10 Questions to Ask Before Investing in a Sector US News - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 9:58 AM EDT
Maybe you believe technology is a good bet, but don't want to invest in only one technology stock, such as Intel, Apple, Microsoft or Facebook.
- Theravance (THRX) Is in Oversold Territory: What's Next? Zacks - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 7:50 AM EDT
Theravance (THRX) Is in Oversold Territory: What's Next?
- Cabot Microelectronics (CCMP) Enters Oversold Territory Zacks - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 7:49 AM EDT
Cabot Microelectronics (CCMP) Enters Oversold Territory
- SunCoke Energy Partners (NDRO) is in Overbought Territory: What's Next? Zacks - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 7:45 AM EDT
SunCoke Energy Partners (NDRO) is in Overbought Territory: What's Next?
- Can the Uptrend Continue for SEI Investments (SEIC)? Zacks - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 7:30 AM EDT
Can the Uptrend Continue for SEI Investments (SEIC)?
- 3 Stocks for Young Professionals With $20,000 to Invest @ Motley Fool - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 7:05 AM EDT
These three industry-leading stocks have rewarded investors for years and will continue to do so.
- S&P 500: Still Trading Below 2000 A Decade From Now? @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 2:22 AM EDT
The stock market continues to rise like an unstoppable rocket. On Thursday, stocks as measured by the S&P 500 Index (NYSEARCA: SPY ) marked yet another new all-time high at 1987. And it is only a matter ...
- Foreign Direct Investment @ Investopedia - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 9:10 PM EDT
Foreign Direct Investment is a form of cross-border investment.
- Yellen's Recent Statements Notwithstanding, Many High-Quality Small-Caps Still Undervalued @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 6:08 PM EDT
By Royce Funds Small-caps have underperformed the broader market so far in 2014. Recent comments from Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen only added fuel to the fire.
- Enagas: A 5% Yield Solid Dividend Growth Stock With Improved Outlook @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 4:50 PM EDT
In a previous article from January 2014 we analyzed the Spanish gas network operator Enagas (OTCPK: ENGGY ) and recommended it as an attractive option for income or dividend growth investors willing to ...
- Is Investing About Pontification Or Profits? @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 4:09 PM EDT
Why Do We Invest? There is not one correct or proper answer to the question of why do we invest? However, if we answer the question honestly, we can possibly improve our investment outcomes. Having worked ...
- Why Owners Of Cigna Should Take Profits @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 3:18 PM EDT
Cigna Corp. (NYSE: CI ) has been on a tear in the last three months. Current stock owners love this uptrend and hope to keep riding this wave, but at one point the wave will die out -- and I believe it's ...
- Investors Are Getting Nervous About The Quality Of Assets @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 2:57 PM EDT
It looks like a bunch of cross asset relationships have broken down recently. I propose a quick overview and try to draw some conclusions. The first signal comes from stocks and bonds. As can be seen below, ...
- Get Emerging Markets Exposure With This ETF @ Investopedia - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 2:36 PM EDT
When volatility in the U.S. market increases, it is often natural for traders to reactively put their money to work in other areas of the world.