- Delving Into Insider Investments @ Investopedia - 41 minutes ago
Keeping tabs on company executives can provide clues about where a stock is headed.
- Why Geopolitical Risk Could Actually Be Good For Your Portfolio @ TheStreet.com - 2 hours 6 minutes ago
The turmoil in the world isn't all bad news.
- Investment Misselling A Global Problem @ Investopedia - 4 hours ago
When banks and advisors focus on fees and commissions, it is investors and the market that take the hit.
- Financial Wisdom From Three Wise Men @ Investopedia - 4 hours ago
Learn nine simple rules to success from the talented Buffett, Gartman and Pearson.
- Going All-In: Comparing Investing And Gambling @ Investopedia - 4 hours ago
People often compare stocks to gambling, but how close are they really?
- Philip Morris Plans to Expand in Emerging Markets GuruFocus.com - 5 hours ago
In this article let's take a look at Philip Morris International Inc. (PM), the global tobacco giant that sells cigarettes in over 200 countries, which manufactures and markets the number one cigarette ...
- The Importance Of Diversification @ Investopedia - 12 hours ago
Without this risk-reduction technique, your chance of loss will be unnecessarily high.
- AdviceIQ: Money lessons from baseball @ USA TODAY - 23 hours ago
When watching this year's World Series, you can learn a lot about baseball and money.
- Short Interest: What It Tells Us @ Investopedia - Sun, Oct 19, 2014 1:00 AM EDT
This figure can be a real eye-opener about the market sentiment surrounding a given stock.
- Profiting In Bear And Bull Markets @ Investopedia - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 11:00 PM EDT
There are many ways to profit in both bear and bull markets. The key to success is using the tools for each market to their full advantage.
- How To Be The Perfect Copycat Investor @ Investopedia - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
The long-term success of legendary investor Warren Buffett has attracted a host of copycats over the years, and that could be because replicating Buffett’s strategy has made people money.
- Andre Kostolany: Germany's Stock Market Guru @ Investopedia - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
We can learn a lot from Kostolany and his "steady or shaky hand" investing philosophy.
- Tips For Controlling Investment Losses @ Investopedia - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
A profit/loss plan helps investors recognize mistakes and invest logically, rather than emotionally.
- Catching Comeback Stocks For Clients @ Investopedia - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
We'll give you the clues you need to assess which stocks can make a turnaround.
- The Value Investor's Handbook @ Investopedia - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
Learn the technique that Buffett, Lynch and other pros used to make their fortunes.
- Catching A Lift On The Penny Express @ Investopedia - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
The popularity of the penny stock market has grown, but are these stocks a safe bet?
- 4 Steps To Creating A Better Investment Strategy @ Investopedia - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
Make your trading safer and more streamlined by following these simple guidelines.
- Signs That It Might Be Time To Sell @ Investopedia - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
In the stock market, knowing when to sell is just as important as knowing when to buy.
- [$$] What’s in Your 529 Plan? @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 12:09 AM EDT
College savings plans diversify beyond plain-vanilla stocks and bonds.
- [$$] The Real Reasons to Worry About Stocks @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 12:09 AM EDT
Whenever turmoil hits financial markets, as it has this month, investors, analysts and the media tend to look for something to blame. Fear of an Ebola pandemic. Weak German industrial data. Disappointing ...
- [$$] The Risks of Insuring Against Risks @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Oct 18, 2014 12:09 AM EDT
Whenever the stock market turns turbulent, brokers and financial advisers trot out structured notes as an alternative. Here’s why you should be wary.
- A Guide To Risk Warnings And Disclaimers @ Investopedia - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 11:00 PM EDT
Learn what the phrase "Past performance may not reflect future performance" really means.
- Finding Your Investing Comfort Zone @ Investopedia - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
Choosing the right investments for you is the best way to feel comfortable with your portfolio.
- Public Storage (PSA) Is Today's Strong And Under The Radar Stock @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 3:29 PM EDT
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Public Storage (PSA) as a strong and under the radar candidate
- Apple, Yahoo, and Gilead: Treats In A Tricky Market @ Forbes - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 3:17 PM EDT
Recent market volatility has produced some frightening headlines and unpleasant surprises to shareholders. Monster swings in the market are not likely over yet since earnings season isn't even half-way through. Nervous investors and opportunistic traders alike are preparing themselves for a scary ride all the way to Halloween. …
- Buy This Not That: 3 Stocks To Buy And 1 To Avoid @ Forbes - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 12:27 PM EDT
Barry James: My father, Dr. Frank James, founded James Investment Research 42 years ago. We strive to provide our clients with peace of mind about their investments. So, when we look at the world of investing, we always look at it through a worldview of risk and what impact it [...]
- A Look Into The Secrets Of Venture Capitalism @ Investopedia - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 12:17 PM EDT
Venture capitalists own an equity stake in the start-up and have a say in the functioning of the company. Investments are generally made in early stages of a company with long term high growth potential....
- Storm The Castle Stock Of The Day: Illinois Tool Works (ITW) @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 12:08 PM EDT
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Illinois Tool Works (ITW) as a "storm the castle" (crossing above the 200-day simple moving average on higher than normal relative volume) candidate
- Q&A: Retirement investing advice in volatile market @ USA TODAY - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 11:43 AM EDT
Don't make decisions based on short-term market movements or it could derail your long-term plan.
- Young Investors Should Start Off With Less Risky ETFs ETF Trends - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
Investors are typically overweight equities and gradually scale back their stock exposure as they hit their golden years. However, some argue that young investors should not be over-allocated toward stocks ...
- Best Of The Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks: Top 3 Companies: FDUS, MAIN, DOM @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
These 3 dividend stocks are rated a Buy by TheStreet
- 3 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: NSLP, MITT, SIR @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
These 3 dividend stocks are rated a Hold by TheStreet
- RadNet (RDNT) Flagged As Strong On High Volume @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 10:00 AM EDT
Trade-Ideas LLC identified RadNet (RDNT) as a strong on high relative volume candidate
- Strong On High Relative Volume: QLogic (QLGC) @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 10:00 AM EDT
Trade-Ideas LLC identified QLogic (QLGC) as a strong on high relative volume candidate
- 3 Strategies for Market Volatility and Your 401(k) @ Fox Business - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 9:57 AM EDT
With the markets in roller-coaster mode and Ebola panic spreading, is it time to tweak your 401(k)?
- Portfolio Analysis: A $569,742 Retirement Plan With Sluggish Performance US News - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 9:11 AM EDT
Although the Standard & Poor's 500 index is still hanging on to its year-to-date gain, stock market volatility or the Chicago Board Options Exchange Market Volatility Index, also known as "VIX," has advanced more than 85 percent over the past three months. My latest portfolio report card is for M.T. in Cave Creek, Arizona. …
- Who Benefits From Retirement Annuities @ Investopedia - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
Annuities guarantee some degree of fixed income in retirement. But is the security worth the fees and less favorable tax treatment? How to decide.
- How to Help Your Kid Get Started Investing @ Money - Fri, Oct 17, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
Q: I want to invest $5,000 for my 35-year-old daughter, as I want to get her on the path to financial security. Should the money be placed into a guaranteed interest rate annuity? Or should the money go ...
- Evaluating Country Risk For International Investing @ Investopedia - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 11:00 PM EDT
Investing overseas begins with determining the risk of the country's investment climate.
- Fears That Pimco and Other Big Firms Could Be Unable to Unload Risky Bonds @ The New York Times - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 9:02 PM EDT
Financial experts warn that a small group of giant asset managers that have amassed high-risk, high-yield bonds could find themselves unable to raise enough cash during a sell-off.
- Recommendation: Go beyond traditional stocks and bonds Market Realist - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 5:00 PM EDT
Finally, it’s worth considering incorporating non-traditional, or alternative, strategies into your investing arsenal. With such investments, you can potentially enhance diversification and amplify your ...
- Six Lessons for Muni Bond Buyers @ Forbes - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 4:29 PM EDT
Are you in a high tax bracket? Looking for fixed income? Think about tax-exempt bonds, those issued by state and local governments. If you are investing outside a tax-deferred account like an IRA, you’ll probably get a better aftertax return on municipal bonds than on taxable bonds issued by corporations [...]
- What is Abner Herrman Investing In? GuruFocus.com - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 3:59 PM EDT
Over the past few days, hedge funds have been filing their form 13-F, which is a quarterly report of equity holdings by institutional investment managers with at least $100 million in equity assets under ...
- Recommendation: Keep municipal bonds in mind Market Realist - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 1:00 PM EDT
While no longer cheap per se after their extraordinary run in 2014, municipal bonds continue to look attractive versus both Treasuries and corporate bonds.
- Top 9 Questions Investors Should Ask Management @ Investopedia - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 12:00 PM EDT
Find out how to get the answers you want without getting the company line.
- 3 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: PMT, WRE, APL @ TheStreet.com - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
These 3 dividend stocks are rated a Hold by TheStreet
- What To Buy: Top 3 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks: TAXI, PNNT, MARPS @ TheStreet.com - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
These 3 dividend stocks are rated a Buy by TheStreet
- The Conventional Money Wisdom That Millennials Should Ignore @ Money - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 11:19 AM EDT
Maybe a 401(k) loaded with stocks isn't the best savings tool for some young people.
- Trader's Corner - An Interview With A Success @ Investopedia - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 10:00 AM EDT
You too can use the strategies of one man who turned $11,000 into more than $18 million in 18 months.
- Voya Financial (VOYA) Enters Oversold Territory Zacks - Thu, Oct 16, 2014 7:29 AM EDT
Voya Financial (VOYA) Enters Oversold Territory