- Is Your Broker Acting In Your Best Interest? @ Investopedia - 1 hour 15 minutes ago
Learn the clues you'll need to determine whether you've chosen a reputable professional.
- Should You Add Cimarex Energy to Your Portfolio? GuruFocus.com - 6 hours ago
In this article, let's take a look at Cimarex Energy Co. (XEC), a $12.32 billion market cap company, which is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company with operations in the Mid-Continent, ...
- Must-read: How to avoid 3 common investing mistakes Market Realist - 8 hours ago
To feel more comfortable about investing in risky assets, consider focusing on how one’s overall wealth is doing rather than focusing on each asset in isolation.
- 5 investing secrets of the wealthy that everyone should follow CNNMoney.com - 10 hours ago
Just because you can't afford the lifestyle of the super rich doesn't mean you can't invest like them. "Money doesn't guarantee you are a better investor than someone with less money," says Mindy ...
- 7 Investing Mistakes And How To Avoid Them @ Investopedia - 11 hours ago
No investor is flawless. Here are some common investing fallacies and a step-by-step guide on how to avoid them.
- Why inefficient and excessive trading can drastically cut profits Market Realist - 12 hours ago
Many investors tend to move in and out of positions in an inefficient way, reducing their potential profits. This may be because individual investors are often overly confident in their own abilities to ...
- A Simple Method To Outperform Buffett's Heirs StreetAuthority Network - 12 hours ago
You do not get to be one of the world's wealthiest investors without being able to make some pretty amazing deals. Shares of Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE:
- Why you should invest like Harvard @ MarketWatch - 12 hours ago
The Harvard University endowment has recently lagged the returns of a simple index fund, but a closer look, and a longer time horizon, puts their returns in a very different light.
- When Paying Off Debt With Your 401(K) Makes Sense @ Investopedia - 13 hours ago
The experts warn against touching your retirement savings early, but there are situations where it is the best financial decision.
- These Healthcare Stocks Remain Strong Bets @ Investopedia - 13 hours ago
Healthcare continues to perform strongly, holding up well during the recent stock index pullback. Here are four healthcare stocks to keep an eye on.
- Bond links: Should you follow Gross to Janus? @ MarketWatch - 13 hours ago
In today’s bond linkfest, we have links to columns discussing whether or not investors should continue to put their money with Bill Gross, another on risk assessment in your retirement fund, and more.
- Portfolio Analysis: A $200,598 Retirement Plan Strikes Out US News - 14 hours ago
Whenever we try something new, the excitement of getting started frequently overtakes us. We begin with unrealistic expectations and end disappointed. The investing experience of many people follows this ...
- Health Insurance Innovations (HIIQ) Enters Oversold Territory Zacks - 16 hours ago
Health Insurance Innovations (HIIQ) Enters Oversold Territory
- Delphi (DLPH) Is in Oversold Territory: What's Next? Zacks - 16 hours ago
Delphi (DLPH) Is in Oversold Territory: What's Next?
- Surviving Bear Country @ Investopedia - 21 hours ago
Stay calm, play dead and keep your eyes open for attractive valuations.
- Understand Your Role In The Investing Process @ Investopedia - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 8:00 PM EDT
Knowing what to expect when managing your assets will help you achieve your financial goals.
- Must-know: Why investors avoid stocks in their portfolio Market Realist - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 6:05 PM EDT
Why do some investors shy away from stocks? Behavioral finance studies have found that investors are roughly twice as sensitive to losses as they are to gains.
- Why you should leave credit research to the professionals Market Realist - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 5:00 PM EDT
3. Leave the heavy lifting to the pros. And by “heavy lifting,” I mean credit research. Our credit research team offers insight in their quarterly Municipal Credit Highlights.
- Investors Lose More Money Anticipating Corrections Than From Corrections Themselves Business Insider - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 4:19 PM EDT
FA Insights is a daily newsletter from Business...
- Get More By Paying Less For Your Funds @ Forbes - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 3:35 PM EDT
Get more, pay less. This promise has people jumping in most areas of life. A bottle of Domaine Leroy Musigny Grand Cru for the price of two-buck Chuck. A penthouse suite instead of a motel room. A free flight upgrade to first class. All of these decisions are no-brainers, so [...]
- New emerging market real estate ETF brings exposure to China, South Africa Reuters - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 2:07 PM EDT
A new exchange-traded fund tracking the real estate industry in emerging market countries debuted on Monday, offering investors a novel entry into a growth sector that also carries risks from markets like China in the midst of downturn. The Guggenheim Emerging Markets Real Estate ETF, launched by Guggenheim Investments, …
- Why you should overcome these 3 bad investing behaviors Market Realist - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 2:05 PM EDT
Do you avoid the stock market? Shun diversification? Trade inefficiently? Russ and guest blogger Nelli Oster — an investment strategist on Russ’ team — examine three common bad behaviors among investors....
- Why investing in long-term municipal bonds makes more sense Market Realist - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 1:00 PM EDT
The middle portion of the municipal yield curve (short and intermediate maturities) is looking relatively pricey at this juncture.
- Best Performing Utility ETFs This Year Zacks - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 12:59 PM EDT
These utility ETFs have been strong performers this year.
- [video] How Can Investors Be Wise Amid Global Unrest? @ MarketWatch - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 12:01 PM EDT
J.P. Morgan Funds global market strategist James Liu explains how investors can stay disciplined during constant global unrest. Photo: AP.
- The Ultimate Guide to Buying a Mutual Fund US News - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 10:53 AM EDT
With more than 7,700 mutual funds on the market, it's no surprise investors feel overwhelmed when making investment decisions. There are plenty of factors to consider when choosing a mutual fund: past performance, manager tenure and expense ratio. Many investors begin the investment process by shopping for funds based …
- Looking For Profit In Privately-Held Companies @ Investopedia - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 10:00 AM EDT
Private companies offer unique opportunities for those with the knowledge and resources to take advantage.
- Wait to Buy Bonds Right Before You Retire -- Don't Be So Conservative @ TheStreet.com - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 9:54 AM EDT
Waiting to invest in bonds until you are nearly ready to retire will help boost the returns in your retirement portfolio.
- Great Mutual Funds You Can Own for Just $100 @ Kiplinger - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 9:20 AM EDT
Your investment options are limited if money is tight, but these three picks should help get you started on a shoestring budget.
- Worthington Industries (WOR) Enters Oversold Territory Zacks - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 9:04 AM EDT
Worthington Industries (WOR) Enters Oversold Territory
- Must-know: Working the municipal bond portfolio Market Realist - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 9:00 AM EDT
Flex more muni muscle with a flexible municipal fund. “Unconstrained” investing has gotten quite a bit of press this year.
- Immersion (IMMR): Moving Average Crossover Alert Zacks - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 8:49 AM EDT
Immersion (IMMR): Moving Average Crossover Alert
- #PreMarket Prep Guest List For The Week Of September 29, 2014 Benzinga - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 7:57 AM EDT
There will be a wide variety of topics this week on Benzinga’s #PreMarket Prep broadcast, sponsored by Charles Schwab, including mutual bonds, real estate investment trusts and municipal bonds. Be sure ...
- What Makes GrafTech International (GTI) a Strong Sell? Zacks - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 7:02 AM EDT
GrafTech International is a stock to drop as it has witnessed negative trend in earnings estimate revisions and has seen its price decline significantly.
- When You Do—and Don’t—Need a Pro to Manage Your Money @ Money - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
Q: “At what net worth should I consider getting a money manager?” A: There is no magic number for when you need help. Similarly, you don’t have to wait for your net worth to hit a certain mark to seek ...
- Why Leveraged Investments Sink @ Investopedia - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
This powerful tool can have you swimming in money or drowning in underwater equity.
- [$$] Stock Valuations Go Under the Lens @ The Wall Street Journal - Mon, Sep 29, 2014 6:01 AM EDT
With Stock Prices Near 'Perfection,' Future Gains Need Ideal Conditions
- [$$] @ The Wall Street Journal - Sun, Sep 28, 2014 7:57 PM EDT
One reason stocks were so troubled last week is that they are getting closer to what Wall Street, in its inimitable slang, calls being "priced for perfection." It means that stock prices are so high that gains depend on a very favorable investing environment, with strong corporate profits, low interest rates, low inflation …
- Mitigate Your Equity Risk @ Investopedia - Sun, Sep 28, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
If you think holding a few different stocks is enough, you may be in for an unpleasant surprise.
- Financial Advice With Zero Return @ Investopedia - Sun, Sep 28, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
Discover how a recent study indicates that many advisors do not increase investment returns.
- Steven Cohen's New Holding - Stage Stores Inc. GuruFocus.com - Sat, Sep 27, 2014 1:44 PM EDT
Steven Cohen (Trades, Portfolio)’s SAC Capital returned about 19% in 2013, Forbes reported, in spite of criminal proceedings against the firm for insider trading.
- The High-Yield 'Sweet Spot' That's Led To 14% Annual Returns StreetAuthority Network - Sat, Sep 27, 2014 12:12 PM EDT
As many of my long-time readers know, I generally like to have my portfolio holdings equally split among three types of dividend stocks: High-Yield Opportunities, Fast Dividend Growers, and Steady
- 3 wealth-building secrets that the rich already know @ MarketWatch - Sat, Sep 27, 2014 9:44 AM EDT
Here’s what columnist Jonathan Clements learned from rubbing elbows with the seven-figure-portfolio crowd.
- A Guide To Investor Fees @ Investopedia - Fri, Sep 26, 2014 10:00 PM EDT
Fees are one of the most important determinants of investment performance and something that every investor should know.
- Why we’ve seen a solid run in the municipal bonds market Market Realist - Fri, Sep 26, 2014 4:43 PM EDT
It’s been a solid run for municipal bonds so far in 2014. And that has many investors wondering what to do next. Peter Hayes prescribes a three-step muni workout.
- Reasons Why I Will Bet on Sigma GuruFocus.com - Fri, Sep 26, 2014 4:27 PM EDT
In this article, let's take a look at Sigma-Aldrich Corp (SIAL), a $16.07 billion market cap company, which is a life science and high-tech company that develops, manufactures, purchases, and distributes ...
- Manage My Own Investments? Are You Kidding? @ Investopedia - Fri, Sep 26, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
Investors need not rely on professional advisors, but going it alone isn't easy.
- Playing Penny Stock-Like ETFs @ Investopedia - Fri, Sep 26, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
While there are no penny stock ETFs or mutual funds, a shrewd investor can pick from a number of small-cap and micro-cap equity ETFs for a similar effect.
- Bill Gross, Derek Jeter, Starboard loves Yahoo, and other must reads @ MarketWatch - Fri, Sep 26, 2014 2:11 PM EDT
Here's what every serious investor and trader needs to know this weekend.
- How Low-Volatility ETFs Can Enhance Your Success @ Investopedia - Fri, Sep 26, 2014 12:50 PM EDT
Is your equity portfolio suffering from seasickness? Check out these low-volatility ETFs known for their stability.