- New Feature: Peter Lynch Below-Earnings-Line Screen; Screening Stocks That Are Traded Below ... GuruFocus.com - 6 hours ago
Dear subscribers, we have created a new Peter Lynch Below-Earnings-Line Screen for you and you can use the screen to find the stocks that have historically had strong correlations between stock prices ...
- Are These Battered Stocks Making A Turnaround? @ Investopedia - 7 hours ago
Previously beaten down, these four stocks are trending higher, indicating a turnaround is in effect. Should you get on board?
- Van Eck Plans Emerging Market Bond ETF for Higher Yields Zacks - 8 hours ago
Investors may soon have another option in the bond ETF space thanks to a filing from Van Eck.
- Overcome Doubt and Learn to Trade with Confidence Zacks - 10 hours ago
How to take emotion out of your trading decisions and never second guess yourself.
- The Investor's Definiton of Insanity: Ritholtz Chart @ Bloomberg - 11 hours ago
Have a look a the chart above (click on the chart for a larger interactive version). This chart ranks the past 15 years of returns for eight major asset classes (large-cap stocks, small-cap stocks, developed-market ...
- Why knowledge is important for sovereign risk assessments Market Realist - 13 hours ago
Sovereign bonds may be issued by governments of developed market (EFA), emerging market (EEM), and frontier market economies. Countries are classified as developed, emerging, or frontier markets depending ...
- Index-Linked Certificates Of Deposit: Upside Potential, Low Risk @ Investopedia - 13 hours ago
Index-linked CDs generate returns similar to indexes, without the potential for loss.
- Genworth Financial (GNW): Moving Average Crossover Alert Zacks - 17 hours ago
Genworth Financial (GNW): Moving Average Crossover Alert
- A Safer Way To Play The Biotech Sector... For A Potential 5% Gain StreetAuthority Network - 17 hours ago
I keep coming back to biotech stocks, and for good reason -- the trends are up and the moves are big. However, with the stock market facing an important crossroads on the charts, I want to sleep
- Zacks Investment Ideas feature highlights: First Trust NASDAQ Technology Dividend Index Fund, SPDR S&P … Zacks - 17 hours ago
Zacks Investment Ideas feature highlights: First Trust NASDAQ Technology Dividend Index Fund, SPDR S&P Global Infrastructure ETF and Global X SuperDividend U.S. ETF
- Take control of your target date fund Consumer Reports - 17 hours ago
You may have thought that after you put your money into a target-date fund, it would stay there until you retire. But taking such an approach could be a bad idea. The reason: Fund managers tinker...
- Falling Earnings Estimates Signal Weakness Ahead for Egalet (EGLT) Zacks - 18 hours ago
Egalet has seen negative earnings estimate revisions for the current quarter along with a significant decline in its share price for the past month
- Building An All-ETF Portfolio @ Investopedia - 22 hours ago
Balance is the key when selecting an all-ETF portfolio that will hedge against market volatility.
- Considering a Unique Muni ETF for Portfolio Diversity, Income ETF Trends - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 3:33 PM EDT
Despite some high-profile scares in the municipal debt market, muni bonds and related exchange traded funds are still a relatively safe asset class, provide attractive tax-equivalent yields and offer increased ...
- The Millionaire's Retirement Plan @ Investopedia - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 2:00 PM EDT
We show you how to hit the millionaire mark step by step.
- Storm The Castle: Lennar (LEN) @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 1:27 PM EDT
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Lennar (LEN) as a "storm the castle" (crossing above the 200-day simple moving average on higher than normal relative volume) candidate
- Growth Stocks Are Back In Favor @ Forbes - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 12:07 PM EDT
Bob Turner: At Turner, we're encouraged by what we see in the market in general. Growth stock investing has come back into favor for good reason. We believe the economy is well-positioned to accelerate. Earnings continue to be extraordinarily robust and valuations are compelling. Equities are still one of the [...]
- Associated Estates Realty Corp Stock Upgraded (AEC) @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 11:11 AM EDT
Associated Estates Realty (NYSE:AEC) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from a hold to buy.
- How to Spot the Garbage in News @ Bloomberg - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 10:39 AM EDT
One of the keys to succeeding on these tests was to have strong reading comprehension skills. Toward that end, I taught what I like to call active reading. I can randomly pick up any newspaper article or analyst report, and find holes and flaws merely by asking questions the author left unanswered. Active reading often …
- Is It Time To Sell Out Of Longer Term Municipal Bonds? Benzinga - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 10:32 AM EDT
Longer-term municipal bonds with maturities of around 15 years to 25 years looked very attractive at the beginning of the year as they yielded the same or more than comparable taxable bonds. That's rare. ...
- Workers spend more time planning vacation than retirement CNNMoney.com - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 10:02 AM EDT
Without a doubt, figuring out how to invest the money in your nest egg can be daunting. Yet many people spend more time researching which car to buy or where to go on vacation than they do investigating ...
- Barbarian At The Gate: KLA-Tencor (KLAC) @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 10:02 AM EDT
Trade-Ideas LLC identified KLA-Tencor (KLAC) as a "barbarian at the gate" (strong stocks crossing above resistance with today's range greater than 200%) candidate
- I'll Beat the Market Yet @ Kiplinger - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 8:07 AM EDT
The aim of my venture into individual stocks is to prevail when the market plunges or languishes for years.
- Mitek (MITK) is Oversold: Can It Recover? Zacks - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 7:07 AM EDT
Mitek (MITK) is Oversold: Can It Recover?
- Moving Average Crossover Alert: KEMET (KEM) Zacks - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 7:03 AM EDT
Moving Average Crossover Alert: KEMET (KEM)
- How early retirees can build an income bridge Bankrate.com - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
Congratulations: The years you've spent maxing out your tax-advantaged retirement accounts and diligently socking money into after-tax savings have paid off and you're able to retire well before you're old enough to collect Social Security or pensions. Now the challenge is how to manage money in early retirement: specifically, …
- The Barbell Investment Strategy @ Investopedia - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 2:00 AM EDT
It's the standard conventional wisdom offered regarding modern portfolio theory, or even regarding investing itself: Strike an acceptable balance between risk and reward. The median is the socially prudent ...
- Dissecting Leveraged ETF Returns @ Investopedia - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 11:00 PM EDT
These funds are a relatively new product to most investors, but they could be what you need for increased returns.
- Who Will Be The next Lending Club? @ Forbes - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 4:36 PM EDT
As founder of the financial technology company CircleUp (we provide access to investments in innovative consumer and retail businesses) I pay close attention to innovation happening in and around financial services. And there's no company more impressive than Lending Club. Lending Club is a massive success. In seven years …
- 4 Large-Cap Healthcare Stocks To Watch @ Investopedia - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 3:35 PM EDT
Healthcare continues to a be a hot sector. Here are four pharma stocks to keep an eye on for entry points.
- All About Zero Coupon Bonds @ Investopedia - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
Zero-coupon bonds are bonds that do not make any interest payments (which investment professionals often refer to as the "coupon") until maturity. For investors, this means that if you make an ...
- A Muni Bond ETF That Targets Dedicated Revenue Streams ETF Trends - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 1:36 PM EDT
A spate of municipal defaults have left some market participants skittish, but investors can consider a revenue-based municipal debt exchange traded fund to hedge potential risks in the muni bond market. ...
- This Beaten Down Stock Has Over 100% Upside StreetAuthority Network - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 1:00 PM EDT
Let me tell you, if you are a contrarian investor and looking for a place to hunt for bargains, this is it. Are you familiar with the S&P/ TSX
- Why Apple's New Bonds Are Less Juicy Than These 5 Junk Bonds @ Forbes - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 12:34 PM EDT
We know that both chicken and oil are products that consumers in the U.S. and everywhere else will demand for decades to come. The same thing cannot be said for Apple’s iPhones and iPads.
- Don't Miss Out: Top 3 Yielding Buy-Rated Stocks: SBR, ARI, PNNT @ TheStreet.com - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
These 3 dividend stocks are rated a Buy by TheStreet
- Questar Corp Stock Downgraded (STR) @ TheStreet.com - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 11:14 AM EDT
Questar (NYSE:STR) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from from a buy to hold.
- Getting Positive Results With Market-Neutral Funds @ Investopedia - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 11:00 AM EDT
Find out how these mutual funds can add some flavor to your bland portfolio.
- Little-known investment option in your 401(k) plan CNBC - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 10:20 AM EDT
- Trade-Ideas: American Tower (AMT) Is Today's Momo Momentum Stock @ TheStreet.com - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 10:18 AM EDT
Trade-Ideas LLC identified American Tower (AMT) as a momo momentum candidate
- Today's Momo Momentum Stock Is Netflix (NFLX) @ TheStreet.com - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 10:14 AM EDT
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Netflix (NFLX) as a momo momentum candidate
- Home Depot, Target, Gap, Hewlett-Packard and Salesforce.com are part of Zacks Earnings Preview: Zacks - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 8:55 AM EDT
Home Depot, Target, Gap, Hewlett-Packard and Salesforce.com are part of Zacks Earnings Preview:
- Mutual Funds that Beat the Market for Over a Decade @ TheStreet.com - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 8:53 AM EDT
Passive investing is all the rage now that retail investors are giving up on trying to beat The Street. But the move away from trading and actively managed funds ...
- CVR Partners (UAN): Moving Average Crossover Alert Zacks - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 8:41 AM EDT
CVR Partners (UAN): Moving Average Crossover Alert
- Two Medalists From My Buy List @ Morningstar - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
I bought shares of a Silver-rated fund and a Gold-rated fund.
- Why hhgregg (HGG) Could Be Positioned for a Slump Zacks - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 6:55 AM EDT
hhgregg has been witnessing negative earnings estimate and a fall in its share price for past one month
- Where Top Down Meets Bottoms Up @ Investopedia - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 3:00 AM EDT
Find the investing "sweet spot" by combining these two styles.
- The Basics Of Municipal Bonds @ Investopedia - Sun, Aug 17, 2014 11:00 AM EDT
Investing in these bonds may offer a tax-free income stream but they are not without risks.
- A Holistic Approach To Trading Gold @ Investopedia - Sun, Aug 17, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
Combine technicals and fundamentals to tune out noise and confirm trends in this commodity.
- Bond Funds Boost Income, Reduce Risk @ Investopedia - Sun, Aug 17, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
These funds can provide stable returns for those who depend on their investment income.
- [$$] Why Your Cash Isn't Trash @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Aug 16, 2014 9:54 AM EDT
Weekend Investor : Your cash might be earning more than you think—even as it loses value to inflation.