- Don't Dump On The Dogs @ Investopedia - 2 hours 21 minutes ago
Just because a stock is in a slump doesn't mean it's time to sell. Some value managers make a living by investing in "dogs."
- How to save for retirement while in your 20s Bankrate.com - 2 hours 21 minutes ago
I'm interested in individual retirement accounts. What should I look for and with whom should I start the conversation on retirement savings?
- Weave Your Own Retirement Safety Net @ Investopedia - 8 hours ago
Build savings to support yourself in case pension plans and Social Security fall through.
- Emerging Market at 3-year High: 3 ETFs Worth A Look Zacks - 8 hours ago
Compelling valuations, political reforms and hopes of a QE in the Euro zone are leading to the surge in emerging markets stocks.
- Three reasons why I like target funds: Jerry Lynch @ CNBC - 16 hours ago
Here are three reasons why financial advisor Jerry Lynch likes target-date funds.
- Good Time to Buy Avago Technology? @ Fox Business - 17 hours ago
Can Avago Technology and Weatherford International make you money?
- Abbott: A Brighter Future GuruFocus.com - 18 hours ago
In this article, let's take a look at Abbott Laboratories (ABT), a $64.06 billion market cap company, which is a diversified health care products company that is now focused on nutritionals, diagnostics, ...
- How To Use The Top Yahoo! Finance Tools @ Investopedia - 20 hours ago
Yahoo has a set of tools that rival the professional ones so individuals are not at a disadvantage. Here is a guide for investors to find the top tools.
- Don't Miss Out: Top 3 Yielding Buy-Rated Stocks: AI, SBR, PNNT @ TheStreet.com - 20 hours ago
These 3 dividend stocks are rated a Buy by TheStreet
- An Amazing Chemical Company (and more) GuruFocus.com - 21 hours ago
In this article, let's take a look at E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (DD), a $60.34 billion market cap company, which is a broadly diversified company and is the second-largest U.S.
- Moving Average Crossover Alert: American Software (AMSWA) Zacks - 22 hours ago
Moving Average Crossover Alert: American Software (AMSWA)
- Style Drift Can Hurt Mutual Fund Returns @ Investopedia - Thu, Aug 28, 2014 5:00 AM EDT
Small, gradual changes in a portfolio manager's stated strategies can be a big risk for investors.
- Bull of the Day: AmTrust (AFSI) Zacks - Thu, Aug 28, 2014 1:00 AM EDT
This insurer still offers investors attractive upside potential.
- Buying Stocks When The Price Goes Down: Big Mistake? @ Investopedia - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 9:00 PM EDT
Averaging down is a trumpeted strategy that has merit, but when it is used carelessly, it can amount to throwing money away.
- The Cost And Consequences Of Bad Investment Advice @ Investopedia - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 9:00 PM EDT
Is your advisor working for you, or for him/herself? Find how to tell the difference.
- Essential Retirement Tips for Boomers @ Fox Business - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 8:30 PM EDT
Retirement planning can easily become an overwhelming process, but here's some tips to reduce some of the anxiety.
- 6 Really Bad and Sad Portfolio Types ETFguide - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 5:23 PM EDT
We live in a Golden Era of misaligned investment portfolios. These are rogue, poorly designed portfolios (401k, IRA, Roth IRA, UGMA, 529 plans, etc.) that are architecturally unsound. And for whatever ...
- Stocks Are Red Hot. Investors Are Cold Sober Bloomberg - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 4:15 PM EDT
The stock market ain't the party it used to be. Yet the mood among investors is dour and businesslike. "People are still worried," says William Rutherford, who runs his own investment firm in Portland, Oregon. The mood was exuberant and more than a little crazy: In the first 70 days of 2000 alone, the Nasdaq Composite …
- With S&P at 2,000, Investor Vertigo Is a Healthy Sign @ Bloomberg - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 4:15 PM EDT
The stock market ain't the party it used to be. Yet the mood among investors is dour and businesslike. As the S&P 500 Index reaches 2,000, part of a worldwide rally that's brought global stocks to an unprecedented $66 trillion in value, advisers say their clients aren't celebrating. "People are still worried," says William …
- Home Depot Consistently Increased Its Dividend; Is It Enough? GuruFocus.com - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 3:44 PM EDT
In this article, let's take a look at The Home Depot, Inc. (HD), a $125.31 billion market cap company, which is the world's largest home improvement retailer.
- Taxation Rules For Bond Investors @ Investopedia - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 1:00 PM EDT
Several factors affect the taxable interest that must be reported. Learn more here.
- 5 Stocks With Big Insider Buying @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 12:31 PM EDT
Insiders at these companies have been scooping up shares of their own stock lately.
- Price to Earnings Ratios Mislead Investors @ Forbes - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 11:48 AM EDT
Its pleasing simplicity and ease of application make the price to earnings (P/E) ratio one of the most commonly used valuation metrics in the world. Almost every financial website, from Bloomberg to Google Finance, puts the P/E near the top of the page, right near the stock price and market [...]
- An Emerging Markets ETF to the Core ETF Trends - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
The iShares Core MSCI Emerging Markets ETF (NYSEArca: IEMG) debuted in October 2012 as part of the first wave of iShares core ETFs geared toward cost-conscious investors. Although IEMG is still two months ...
- Portfolio Analysis: A $95,000 Investment Account Gets Political US News - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 10:23 AM EDT
In truth, it's alarming whenever a person's investment portfolio has subpar performance. Simply put, if a person's investment portfolio can't perform well during favorable periods, how can they expect to do well during less favorable times? This week's portfolio report card is for Charles in Sweetwater, Oklahoma. Charles …
- Revive Your Portfolio @ Investopedia - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 9:00 AM EDT
Increase your annual returns by rebalancing your investments now.
- QuickLogic (QUIK): Moving Average Crossover Alert Zacks - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 8:53 AM EDT
QuickLogic (QUIK): Moving Average Crossover Alert
- Moving Average Crossover Alert: Intrexon (XON) Zacks - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 8:52 AM EDT
Moving Average Crossover Alert: Intrexon (XON)
- 5 Reasons To Trade Bonds @ Investopedia - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
Investors can find great financial opportunities in the bonds markets.
- 11 Ways to Play Emerging Markets @ Morningstar - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
Emerging markets look relatively inexpensive right now. Here are Morningstar analysts' best ideas.
- Why women should think differently about retirement planning Consumer Reports - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
A healthy man of 65 has a 40 percent likelihood of living to age 85, the Society of Actuaries reports, but for a 65-year-old woman, the odds are better than even. Women live longer, so they need ...
- Bull of the Day: RCS Capital (RCAP) Zacks - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 1:00 AM EDT
This wholesale broker-dealer is in the right place at the right time.
- Why Indian stocks are a buy right now @ MarketWatch - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 12:01 AM EDT
There’s strong potential upside in Indian stocks, as long-awaited economic reforms will propel economic growth for years to come, writes investment strategist Henry To.
- A Guide To Core-Satellite Investing @ Investopedia - Wed, Aug 27, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Find out how this approach reduces risk and costs so you can maximize your portfolio's return.
- Community Investing 101 @ Investopedia - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
Discover a type of socially responsible investing that helps to contribute to noble causes close to home.
- Why are you risking your hard-earned capital in the first place? @ MarketWatch - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 1:56 PM EDT
Here's a neat trick you should use to think about your money, your portfolios, and your entire net worth.
- The Risks Of Sovereign Bonds @ Investopedia - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 1:00 PM EDT
Sovereign debt can play an important role in providing international diversification to individual investors.
- How To Protect Yourself From Rising Interest Rates @ Investopedia - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 1:00 PM EDT
Today's historically low interest rates have just one way to go. How should you prepare for their inevitable rise?
- Are High-Yield Bonds Too Risky? @ Investopedia - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 1:00 PM EDT
Despite their reputation, the debt securities known as "junk bonds" may actually reduce risk in your portfolio.
- How The Stock Market Works @ Investopedia - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 12:43 PM EDT
Learn what it means to own stocks and shares, why shares exist, how you buy and sell them.
- Banco Santander-Chile (BSAC) is Oversold: Can It Recover? Zacks - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 9:07 AM EDT
Banco Santander-Chile (BSAC) is Oversold: Can It Recover?
- Globus Medical (GMED): Moving Average Crossover Alert Zacks - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 9:04 AM EDT
Globus Medical (GMED): Moving Average Crossover Alert
- Cinedigm (CIDM): Moving Average Crossover Alert Zacks - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 9:02 AM EDT
Cinedigm (CIDM): Moving Average Crossover Alert
- Stratasys, SeaWorld Entertainment, China Mobile, Apple and China Unicom highlighted as Zacks Bull and … Zacks - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 8:33 AM EDT
Stratasys, SeaWorld Entertainment, China Mobile, Apple and China Unicom highlighted as Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day
- Mapping Out Dynamic Portfolio Allocation With ETFs ETF Trends - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 8:20 AM EDT
The ongoing proliferation of the exchange traded products industry is allowing advisors and investors to take increasingly tactical approaches to asset allocation and portfolio building. Low-cost, highly ...
- Combating Retirement's Silent Killer: Inflation @ Investopedia - Tue, Aug 26, 2014 3:00 AM EDT
Inflation can devour a once secure nest egg. Learn how to protect yours.
- 10 Ways ETFs Can Grow Your Portfolio @ Investopedia - Mon, Aug 25, 2014 9:00 PM EDT
Implement the core/satellite approach used by money managers for better returns and lower risk.
- Market-Based Asset Allocation Lowers Your Risk @ Investopedia - Mon, Aug 25, 2014 9:00 PM EDT
Not all investors are incredibly brave with their money. Thankfully, there are ways to measure your risk level.
- Understanding And Playing The Dow Jones Industrial Average @ Investopedia - Mon, Aug 25, 2014 9:00 PM EDT
Learn strategies for investing in this price-weighted index and how to interpret its movements.
- 5 Reasons Why ETFs Work For Young Investors @ Investopedia - Mon, Aug 25, 2014 6:00 PM EDT
ETFs contain all of the characteristics that make them the perfect investment opportunity for young investors.