- Stocks Are No.1 @ Investopedia - 1 hour 30 minutes ago
Historically, stocks provide the highest returns - but only under certain conditions.
- [$$] Yes, Virginia, You Can Time the Market @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 42 minutes ago
Ahead of the Tape: Nearly all advisers agree that trying to time stocks is futile. Historical data published by research firm Dalbar show why.
- The Hidden Costs Of Investing In Mutual Funds @ Investopedia - 4 hours ago
Find the hidden fees in your portfolio, so that you can increase your rate of return.
- MS Global Franchise Fund Second Quarter 2014 Commentary GuruFocus.com - 6 hours ago
- Inverse ETFs Can Lift A Falling Portfolio @ Investopedia - 7 hours ago
These funds can reduce your exposure to market risk or enhance portfolio performance.
- Why investors should stay away from leveraged ETFs in times of volatility Market Realist - 8 hours ago
As leveraged ETFs focus on daily returns and not holding period returns, they’re not the best bet for long-term investors. Instead, they serve well for investors with short-term, typically one-day trading ...
- Investors Like Passive ETFs Over Active Funds ETF Trends - 10 hours ago
More investors want index-based investments and exchange traded funds, favoring passive fund products over actively managed strategies. Passively managed stock and bond funds attracted $336 billion in ...
- JinkoSolar (JKS) Flagged As A Storm The Castle Stock @ TheStreet.com - 12 hours ago
Trade-Ideas LLC identified JinkoSolar (JKS) as a "storm the castle" (crossing above the 200-day simple moving average on higher than normal relative volume) candidate
- Bank Of America Corporation (BAC) Highlighted As Storm The Castle Stock @ TheStreet.com - 12 hours ago
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Bank of America Corporation (BAC) as a "storm the castle" (crossing above the 200-day simple moving average on higher than normal relative volume) candidate
- Protecting Your Retirement Assets @ Investopedia - 14 hours ago
Your golden years are meant to be stress free. Keep them that way by protecting your assets.
- Retail ETFs Take It In The Shorts ETF Trends - 16 hours ago
Investors are going short retailers as the earnings season reveals uneven growth in the sector, dragging down retail-related exchange traded funds. The SPDR S&P Retail ETF (NYSEArca: XRT) has underperformed ...
- Vanguard AUM Balloons As Investors Flock To Index Funds @ Barrons.com - 16 hours ago
Money managers will often say that any given market is a stock-picker's market, and proceed to describe why their expertise allows them to choose the wheat and leave the chaff. Whether or not this is true, it seems that many investors are opting to for a much more noninterventionist approach, epitomized by the flood of …
- Moving Average Crossover Alert: Bravo Brio (BBRG) Zacks - 16 hours ago
Moving Average Crossover Alert: Bravo Brio (BBRG)
- Limelight Networks (LLNW) is Oversold: Can It Recover? Zacks - 16 hours ago
Limelight Networks (LLNW) is Oversold: Can It Recover?
- [$$] Barclays Digs Doughnuts, Upgrades Dunkin' @ Barrons.com - 18 hours ago
Dunkin' Brands Group (DNKN:Nasdaq) By Barclays Capital ($44.05, Aug. 20, 2014) We are upgrading Dunkin' Brands to Overweight from Equal Weight and raise our price target to $51 from $48. We've always been intrigued by Dunkin's (DNKN) fundamental investment thesis, with valuation as our primary concern.
- New Feature: Peter Lynch Below-Earnings-Line Screen; Screening Stocks That Are Traded Below ... GuruFocus.com - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 7:21 PM EDT
Dear subscribers, we have created a new Peter Lynch Below-Earnings-Line Screen for you and you can use the screen to find the stocks that have historically had strong correlations between stock prices ...
- Are These Battered Stocks Making A Turnaround? @ Investopedia - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 6:00 PM EDT
Previously beaten down, these four stocks are trending higher, indicating a turnaround is in effect. Should you get on board?
- Van Eck Plans Emerging Market Bond ETF for Higher Yields Zacks - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 5:44 PM EDT
Investors may soon have another option in the bond ETF space thanks to a filing from Van Eck.
- Overcome Doubt and Learn to Trade with Confidence Zacks - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 3:46 PM EDT
How to take emotion out of your trading decisions and never second guess yourself.
- The Investor's Definiton of Insanity: Ritholtz Chart @ Bloomberg - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 2:08 PM EDT
Have a look a the chart above (click on the chart for a larger interactive version). This chart ranks the past 15 years of returns for eight major asset classes (large-cap stocks, small-cap stocks, developed-market ...
- Why knowledge is important for sovereign risk assessments Market Realist - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 12:20 PM EDT
Sovereign bonds may be issued by governments of developed market (EFA), emerging market (EEM), and frontier market economies. Countries are classified as developed, emerging, or frontier markets depending ...
- Index-Linked Certificates Of Deposit: Upside Potential, Low Risk @ Investopedia - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 12:00 PM EDT
Index-linked CDs generate returns similar to indexes, without the potential for loss.
- Genworth Financial (GNW): Moving Average Crossover Alert Zacks - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 8:34 AM EDT
Genworth Financial (GNW): Moving Average Crossover Alert
- A Safer Way To Play The Biotech Sector... For A Potential 5% Gain StreetAuthority Network - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 8:30 AM EDT
I keep coming back to biotech stocks, and for good reason -- the trends are up and the moves are big. However, with the stock market facing an important crossroads on the charts, I want to sleep
- Zacks Investment Ideas feature highlights: First Trust NASDAQ Technology Dividend Index Fund, SPDR S&P … Zacks - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 8:17 AM EDT
Zacks Investment Ideas feature highlights: First Trust NASDAQ Technology Dividend Index Fund, SPDR S&P Global Infrastructure ETF and Global X SuperDividend U.S. ETF
- Take control of your target date fund Consumer Reports - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
You may have thought that after you put your money into a target-date fund, it would stay there until you retire. But taking such an approach could be a bad idea. The reason: Fund managers tinker...
- Falling Earnings Estimates Signal Weakness Ahead for Egalet (EGLT) Zacks - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 7:50 AM EDT
Egalet has seen negative earnings estimate revisions for the current quarter along with a significant decline in its share price for the past month
- Building An All-ETF Portfolio @ Investopedia - Wed, Aug 20, 2014 3:00 AM EDT
Balance is the key when selecting an all-ETF portfolio that will hedge against market volatility.
- Considering a Unique Muni ETF for Portfolio Diversity, Income ETF Trends - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 3:33 PM EDT
Despite some high-profile scares in the municipal debt market, muni bonds and related exchange traded funds are still a relatively safe asset class, provide attractive tax-equivalent yields and offer increased ...
- The Millionaire's Retirement Plan @ Investopedia - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 2:00 PM EDT
We show you how to hit the millionaire mark step by step.
- Storm The Castle: Lennar (LEN) @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 1:27 PM EDT
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Lennar (LEN) as a "storm the castle" (crossing above the 200-day simple moving average on higher than normal relative volume) candidate
- Growth Stocks Are Back In Favor @ Forbes - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 12:07 PM EDT
Bob Turner: At Turner, we're encouraged by what we see in the market in general. Growth stock investing has come back into favor for good reason. We believe the economy is well-positioned to accelerate. Earnings continue to be extraordinarily robust and valuations are compelling. Equities are still one of the [...]
- Associated Estates Realty Corp Stock Upgraded (AEC) @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 11:11 AM EDT
Associated Estates Realty (NYSE:AEC) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from a hold to buy.
- How to Spot the Garbage in News @ Bloomberg - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 10:39 AM EDT
One of the keys to succeeding on these tests was to have strong reading comprehension skills. Toward that end, I taught what I like to call active reading. I can randomly pick up any newspaper article or analyst report, and find holes and flaws merely by asking questions the author left unanswered. Active reading often …
- Is It Time To Sell Out Of Longer Term Municipal Bonds? Benzinga - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 10:32 AM EDT
Longer-term municipal bonds with maturities of around 15 years to 25 years looked very attractive at the beginning of the year as they yielded the same or more than comparable taxable bonds. That's rare. ...
- Workers spend more time planning vacation than retirement CNNMoney.com - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 10:02 AM EDT
Without a doubt, figuring out how to invest the money in your nest egg can be daunting. Yet many people spend more time researching which car to buy or where to go on vacation than they do investigating ...
- Barbarian At The Gate: KLA-Tencor (KLAC) @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 10:02 AM EDT
Trade-Ideas LLC identified KLA-Tencor (KLAC) as a "barbarian at the gate" (strong stocks crossing above resistance with today's range greater than 200%) candidate
- I'll Beat the Market Yet @ Kiplinger - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 8:07 AM EDT
The aim of my venture into individual stocks is to prevail when the market plunges or languishes for years.
- Mitek (MITK) is Oversold: Can It Recover? Zacks - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 7:07 AM EDT
Mitek (MITK) is Oversold: Can It Recover?
- Moving Average Crossover Alert: KEMET (KEM) Zacks - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 7:03 AM EDT
Moving Average Crossover Alert: KEMET (KEM)
- How early retirees can build an income bridge Bankrate.com - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
Congratulations: The years you've spent maxing out your tax-advantaged retirement accounts and diligently socking money into after-tax savings have paid off and you're able to retire well before you're old enough to collect Social Security or pensions. Now the challenge is how to manage money in early retirement: specifically, …
- The Barbell Investment Strategy @ Investopedia - Tue, Aug 19, 2014 2:00 AM EDT
It's the standard conventional wisdom offered regarding modern portfolio theory, or even regarding investing itself: Strike an acceptable balance between risk and reward. The median is the socially prudent ...
- Dissecting Leveraged ETF Returns @ Investopedia - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 11:00 PM EDT
These funds are a relatively new product to most investors, but they could be what you need for increased returns.
- Who Will Be The next Lending Club? @ Forbes - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 4:36 PM EDT
As founder of the financial technology company CircleUp (we provide access to investments in innovative consumer and retail businesses) I pay close attention to innovation happening in and around financial services. And there's no company more impressive than Lending Club. Lending Club is a massive success. In seven years …
- 4 Large-Cap Healthcare Stocks To Watch @ Investopedia - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 3:35 PM EDT
Healthcare continues to a be a hot sector. Here are four pharma stocks to keep an eye on for entry points.
- All About Zero Coupon Bonds @ Investopedia - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
Zero-coupon bonds are bonds that do not make any interest payments (which investment professionals often refer to as the "coupon") until maturity. For investors, this means that if you make an ...
- A Muni Bond ETF That Targets Dedicated Revenue Streams ETF Trends - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 1:36 PM EDT
A spate of municipal defaults have left some market participants skittish, but investors can consider a revenue-based municipal debt exchange traded fund to hedge potential risks in the muni bond market. ...
- This Beaten Down Stock Has Over 100% Upside StreetAuthority Network - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 1:00 PM EDT
Let me tell you, if you are a contrarian investor and looking for a place to hunt for bargains, this is it. Are you familiar with the S&P/ TSX
- Why Apple's New Bonds Are Less Juicy Than These 5 Junk Bonds @ Forbes - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 12:34 PM EDT
We know that both chicken and oil are products that consumers in the U.S. and everywhere else will demand for decades to come. The same thing cannot be said for Apple’s iPhones and iPads.
- Don't Miss Out: Top 3 Yielding Buy-Rated Stocks: SBR, ARI, PNNT @ TheStreet.com - Mon, Aug 18, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
These 3 dividend stocks are rated a Buy by TheStreet