- A New Way To Manage Risk When Trading FX DailyFX - 4 hours ago
A New Way To Manage Risk When Trading FX
- Is it possible to be perfectly hedged against risk? @ Investopedia - 9 hours ago
Learn what it means to mitigate the market risk of a portfolio through hedging and to what extent hedging can reduce downside potential.
- 10 Forex Misconceptions @ Investopedia - 9 hours ago
The currency markets are full of myths that can harm a trader's chances at success.
- The Dip In Stock Ownership Is Due To A Change In Perception Market Realist - 11 hours ago
The number of Americans investing in stocks (SPY)(IVV) is decreasing. Conservatism toward stocks has caused a dip in stock ownership.
- Why Avoiding The Stock Market Could Cost You Market Realist - 11 hours ago
Do you avoid the stock market? Shun diversification? Trade inefficiently? We examine three common bad behaviors among investors and provide tips.
- Abner Herrman's Top Three Holdings GuruFocus.com - 11 hours ago
In recent days hedge funds have been filing their form 13-F, which is a quarterly report of equity holdings by filed institutional investment managers with at least $100 million in equity assets under ...
- Worried about a stock market crash? Read this CNNMoney.com - 13 hours ago
Many investors still can't shake the memory of the stock market crash of 2008. Fearing a repeat, they've stayed on the sidelines by keeping their money in cash. They missed out on the great bull run of ...
- Lattice Strategies Enters ETF Space With Three Funds ETF Trends - 13 hours ago
Lattice Strategies, the San Francisco-based money manager with an emphasis on risk-focused research and investment strategy design, made its foray into the exchange traded funds business today with three ...
- 3 Tax-Efficient 'Bucket' Portfolios for Retirees @ Morningstar - 19 hours ago
Our model portfolios are designed to facilitate in-retirement cash flows--and to limit Uncle Sam's take.
- Get Your Rally Caps On! @ Barrons.com - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 5:19 PM EST
One and all, big and small: The stock market is at new highs and in the absence of a crushing increase in interest rates by the Federal Reserve, there is little in the way to stop it. More stocks are going up each day than down.
- India Equity Valuations Rich But Profit Growth Promising, William Blair Says @ Barrons.com - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 4:16 PM EST
As India's government unveils its budget this weekend, investors will be asking, did I miss it? Indian equities continue to outperform other emerging markets. The S&P BSE Sensex Index turned in a flat performance Wednesday, but is just 2.3% below its record close of 29,681.77 reached on Jan. 29. The iShares MSCI India …
- The Return To 1999 For Nasdaq Stocks @ Forbes - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 3:42 PM EST
In March 2000 when the Nasdaq traded at its all-time highs, the index traded at well over 100 times earnings, and the 10-year yield was 6.66%. As an investor, you could exit a market with record high valuations and get a risk free, nearly 7% return on your money in Treasuries. Today, the Nasdaq has a price/earnings multiple …
- GE: A Cheap Bet Shares Will Rally on Earnings @ Barrons.com - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 1:53 PM EST
General Electric, which is as widely held as it is mistrusted, is doing something rarely seen in recent years: trading strongly into earnings. With first-quarter earnings scheduled for April 17, investors are buying bullish calls in anticipation shares rally on the news. General Electric (GE) earnings are rarely treated …
- How To Become A Successful Forex Trader @ Investopedia - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 1:00 PM EST
Discover a framework that will help you build your own profitable forex trading strategy.
- Why Corporate Bonds Could Perform Well Market Realist - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 11:06 AM EST
A tailwind for both Treasuries as well as investment-grade corporate bonds (LQD) is the hike in interest rates that could take place later this year.
- Retirement Savers, Don’t Count on Washington to Protect You @ Money - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 10:40 AM EST
Regulations that would protect the interests of retirement savers are finally gaining traction in Washington. But don't pop the champagne corks just yet.
- 10 Investing Apps to Supercharge Your Portfolio US News - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 10:23 AM EST
Remarkably, it now only takes a tap or two to locate valuable investment information or move your money from one asset to another. "Investing is an inherently fast-paced, on-the-go industry, rendering it an especially good fit for mobile technology," says Raul Moreno, co-founder and CEO of iBillionaire, an app and website …
- Speculating Is a Dumb Way to Invest US News - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 9:16 AM EST
It's understandable that most investors do not achieve market returns which are theirs for the taking. A cautionary note: Although I am going to use the returns of the Standard & Poor's 500 index in the examples that follow, that index is not a proxy for the U.S. stock market.
- These 4 Swing Trades Could Place You in the Money @ Investopedia - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 7:30 PM EST
Take advantage of moves both higher and lower with swing trades based on trend channels.
- The proven way to retire rich CNNMoney.com - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 6:01 PM EST
Looking for more money for your retirement? Who isn't? This study reveals that there is one sure-fire way to get it. The study Last year, the National Bureau of Economic Research with professors from the ...
- Tapping Retirement Funds Early – Without A Penalty @ Investopedia - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 5:48 PM EST
The IRS offers several ways to skirt the 10% penalty on early retirement distributions.
- Ten Worst Mistakes Beginner Investors Make @ Investopedia - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 5:01 PM EST
Here are the ten worst mistakes beginning investors make.
- Reversing a Declining Pattern in Earnings Per Share GuruFocus.com - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 4:49 PM EST
In this article, let's take a look at CR Bard Inc. (BCR), a $13.07 billion market cap company, which is a diversified maker of therapeutic and diagnostic medical devices has exposure to the vascular, urology, ...
- Stern Advice - Don't wait for Washington to protect retirement investors Reuters - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 4:09 PM EST
After years of talk about how to protect retirement savers, the White House has gotten behind a Labor Department proposal that would require financial advisers to put clients' interests ahead of their own. Consumer champion Sen. Elizabeth Warren, who says she is not running for president, is doing wall-to-wall media …
- Q&A: How Many ETFs Do You Need for a Well-Rounded Portfolio? ETFguide - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 1:46 PM EST
Q. How many ETFs do I need to own to have a balanced and diversified portfolio? – C.L. in Plano, TX A. One of the common investing fallacies is that the number of holdings within your investment portfolio should increase ...
- Does your portfolio need alternative investments? Consumer Reports - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 1:15 PM EST
Alternative investments are a little like alternative music: Ask 10 people what they are and you’ll get 10 different answers. Simply put, alternative investments are anything that aren’t mainstre...
- How To Minimize ETF Fees @ Investopedia - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 1:01 PM EST
ETFs offer broad exposure to a variety of styles, sectors, regions and more. But the fees can be a bit steep. Here are ways to minimize them.
- What is the difference between investing and trading? @ Investopedia - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 1:00 PM EST
Investing and trading are two very different methods of attempting to profit in the financial markets. The goal of investing is to gradually build wealth over an extended period of time through the buying ...
- Invesco’s Mortgage REIT Turns Winner in Fannie-Freddie Debt Bet @ Bloomberg - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 12:52 PM EST
While the REIT was sitting on $15 million of paper losses at the end of last year after it bought more as prices slumped, a reversal this year has left the firm with gains on its purchases as well as “attractive” income from coupon payments, according to Chief Executive Officer Richard King.
- Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Costco, Starbucks Will Help Nasdaq Top 5000 @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 11:16 AM EST
The Nasdaq Composite is about 40 points shy of the 5000 mark, helped by more than just the obvious tech stocks Apple, Amazon and Netflix.
- 4 Ways to Invest in Millennials US News - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 10:32 AM EST
The mass of millennials in this country is surpassing the bulge of baby boomers. According to recent U.S. Census Bureau estimates, millennials now log in at 75.3 million people, outnumbering the 74.9 million baby boomers. Millennials are those born between the early 1980s and the early 2000s -- in other words, the children …
- 401(k) Investors: Avoid These 20 Mistakes @ Morningstar - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 7:00 AM EST
While company retirement plans often have guardrails, investors can goof with contributions, investment selections, loans, and withdrawals.
- 'Fast Money' Recap: Everyone Wants a Piece of the Apple Pie @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 5:00 AM EST
The trading panel discussed the Federal Reserve, utility stocks and Russia.
- 10 of the biggest investing mistakes you’re making (and how to stop) MarketWatch - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 3:27 AM EST
Investors’ bad habits and blind spots can be bad news for their portfolios.
- 4 Tax-Free Muni Bond ETFs to Consider @ Investopedia - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 6:00 PM EST
Tax free municipal bond ETFs are an excellent way to build wealth slowly. Here are 4 you should consider.
- 3 Best Bets in Emerging Market Gov't Bond ETFs @ Investopedia - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 4:20 PM EST
These 3 emerging market government bond ETFs are worth your attention...but beware of the risks.
- The Most Dominant Stocks in 2015 Taking Nasdaq to 5,000 and Beyond @ 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 2:05 PM EST
24/7 Wall St. wanted to find out which of the major Nasdaq stocks would lead the index back over 5,000 -- and perhaps ultimately to new all-time highs.
- The Proven Way to Retire Richer Money - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 10:44 AM EST
Looking for more money for your retirement? Who isn't? This study reveals that there is one sure-fire way to get it.
- ECB Distorting Debt Markets as UniCredit Bonds Converge With ANZ @ Bloomberg - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 10:35 AM EST
The difference in yields between similar-maturity covered bonds of the two companies has almost disappeared since the central bank began buying debt in October, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. The ECB has bought 48.7 billion euros ($55 billion) of covered bonds and 3 billion euros of ABS as part of efforts to …
- The Best Vanguard Funds for Income @ Kiplinger - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 9:00 AM EST
Our picks include some new bond funds, a couple of longtime standouts and a dividend-oriented stock fund.
- Portfolio soaring? Fire your financial advisor now @ CNBC - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 9:00 AM EST
If your portfolio went up 17 percent last year, your advisor did not focus on the one thing you were assured was the top concern: downside protection.
- Even if Rates Rise, the Sky Won’t Fall @ Money - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 6:30 AM EST
Q: With interest rates predicted to rise in 2015, what should I consider doing with my mutual fund bond holdings now? About 35% of my retirement portfolio is in bonds as part of a target date retirement ...
- 4 reasons to boost your foreign-stock exposure @ MarketWatch - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 6:01 AM EST
What goes down might come up, writes Jonathan Clements. And you should be prepared.
- A New Guru ETF That Mimics The All-Time Greats @ Forbes - Sun, Feb 22, 2015 11:14 PM EST
When it comes to investing, originality is overrated. You get no brownie points for using only your own research. Returns are returns. So, if you can piggyback on the research of famous investors like Warren Buffett or Peter Lynch, why wouldn’t you? I’ve spilt quite a bit of ink writing about
- Options Demystified: A Pictorial Guide for the Intelligent Investor @ Forbes - Sun, Feb 22, 2015 8:13 PM EST
Video It is little wonder why value investors tend to show little interest in options. The first issue is one of perception: these financial instruments seem so specialized, short-term, and mathematically daunting, it is hard for value investors to feel much connection to them. Another issue is that of message: the people …
- Nasdaq 5000 and Beyond @ Barrons.com - Sat, Feb 21, 2015 12:01 AM EST
The Nasdaq held 5000 for barely 48 hours before crashing 80% in the next 31 months. The Nasdaq is still trying, though it seems to be a matter of days now. “What was propelling the Nasdaq in the year 2000 was a dream. What’s driving the Nasdaq today is reality,” says Gavin Baker, who runs the Nasdaq-focused Fidelity …
- Four Reasons to Boost Your Foreign-Stock Exposure @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Feb 20, 2015 7:13 PM EST
Consider adding to both emerging markets and developed foreign markets, columnist Jonathan Clements says.
- Retirement Planning Essentials for Your Clients @ Investopedia - Fri, Feb 20, 2015 5:30 PM EST
You may have heard these retirement planning tips before, but has your client actually put them into action yet?
- Are Financial Advisors Becoming Dinosaurs? @ Investopedia - Fri, Feb 20, 2015 5:01 PM EST
Technology is transforming the field of wealth management. Has the shift made financial advisors obsolete?
- Equities: The Best-Performing Asset Class In The Long Run Market Realist - Fri, Feb 20, 2015 4:05 PM EST
Equities are the best-performing asset class over the long run. The CAGR for equities over the last 20 years, not considering the dividends, is 13%.