- David Winters Purchases 4 International Stocks in Q4 GuruFocus.com - 13 minutes ago
David Winters (Trades, Portfolio)’ Wintergreen Fund (Trades, Portfolio) is a global value fund that invests anywhere in the world in almost any asset class.
- What are the advantages of an index fund over an ETF? @ Investopedia - 3 hours ago
Diversifying a portfolio is one of pillars of investing basics, and an index fund can provide an investor with exposure to large segments of the market.
- Credit Suisse: 9 Best Banking Stocks to Add to Your Portfolio Right Now @ TheStreet.com - 5 hours ago
Financial stocks have a lot riding on them this year. Credit Suisse put forth its best ideas for the sector.
- GE: Traders Get Bullish On Succession Chatter @ Barrons.com - 5 hours ago
Speculation is swirling that Jeff Immelt, GE’s chairman and chief executive, could be replaced by Jeff Bornstein, GE’s (GE) chief financial officer. Bornstein’s “focus on costs, cash flow, earnings quality, and transparency is getting traction,” Barclays’ Scott R. Davis recently opined in a research note. There is a view …
- Biotechnology: One of the Last Great Growth Frontiers for Retail Investors @ Forbes - 6 hours ago
In 1986, Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) went public at a valuation of about $500 million. If you were fortunate enough to invest $10,000 in Microsoft on the first day of trading at $28/share (Microsoft’s stock price closed at $27.75 that day), your shares would be worth nearly $7 million today after
- Stay Away From Basic Materials And Energy -- Buy Healthcare, Financials, And Technology Instead @ Forbes - 9 hours ago
Chuck Self: iSectors is an outsourced investment management firm that has a suite of 14 low-cost exchange traded fund based asset allocation models. We distribute only to financial advisors -- so financial advisors are our clients. We help these financial advisors with outsourced investment solutions for their clients. …
- What to Do When Your 401(k) Doesn't Cut It US News - 10 hours ago
Yet there comes a juncture when any plan's investment formula must be questioned, and possibly retired in favor of something better. "Answering the question, 'What's the best allocation for me?' can be daunting," says Dirk Quayle, founder, president and board member of NextCapital, a digital advice firm based in Chicago. …
- 10 Smart Ways to Boost Your Investing Results @ Money - 10 hours ago
You don't have to be an investing genius to improve your returns. Just follow a few simple steps.
- Premier Financial posts 4Q profit Associated Press - 11 hours ago
The Huntington, West Virginia-based bank said it had earnings of 37 cents per share. The multi-bank holding company posted revenue of $14.2 million in the period. For the year, the company reported profit ...
- The only 5 investments you need to own MarketWatch - 11 hours ago
One small group of ETFs offer a good opportunity for investors right now, says Jeff Reeves.
- 10 investing tips to beat Wall St. even without a ‘fiduciary rule’ @ MarketWatch - 11 hours ago
Even if Obama’s new fiduciary rule is DOA, you can beat Wall Street as a do-it-yourself investor managing your portfolio without paying any of Wall Street’s excessive advisory fees. So here are the 10 ...
- 5 Stocks Insiders Love Right Now @ TheStreet.com - 13 hours ago
Insiders at these companies have been scooping up shares of their own stock lately.
- Why Warren Buffett is wrong about investing in global stocks @ MarketWatch - 14 hours ago
Warren Buffett is a big booster of U.S. stocks, but columnist Brett Arends counters that an ‘America-first’ investment strategy is shortsighted.
- What to do with a big, fat inheritance CNNMoney.com - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 6:30 PM EST
I just inherited $250,000 that I want to invest, but I'm concerned that stocks may be overvalued and bonds might be hurt by rising interest rates. Should I invest this money gradually to protect myself ...
- Avery Dennison Reported Significant EPS Improvement GuruFocus.com - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 4:23 PM EST
In this article, let's take a look at Avery Dennison Corporation (AVY), a $4.88 billion market cap company.
- This New ETF Focuses On Quality, Value And Momentum Benzinga - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 3:41 PM EST
ArrowShares Advisors LLC and Ford Equity Research have teamed up to create the Arrow QVM Equity Factor ETF (NYSE: QVM ). The new ETF will compliment ArrowShares' two existing ETFs, the Arrow Dow Jones ...
- Starting to invest: It's not as tough as you might think @ Los Angeles Times - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 3:17 PM EST
Darlene probably speaks for a lot of people:
- Here’s why Nasdaq 5000 should spook you @ Fortune - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 11:32 AM EST
The law of large numbers is hard to get around.
- 5 Health Care Stocks to Trade for Breakout Gains in March @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 7:08 AM EST
Here's a technical look at five of the best breakout setups in the health care sector right now.
- Petrobras fall from grace roils wider Lat Am debt markets @ Financial Times - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 6:10 AM EST
Moody's decision last week to strip Brazil's oil company Petrobras of its investment grade status and send it two notches into junk territory triggered a sharp sell-off in the country's markets and raised ...
- Making Sense Of The Most Traded Market In The World @ Investopedia - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 12:00 AM EST
Technical indicators are extremely useful for forex traders; find out how you can get started with these powerful tools.
- First Take: Back to the future — Nasdaq 5000 circa 2015 @ USA TODAY - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 6:06 PM EST
The tech-packed index tops 5000 for the first time since the dot-com crash in 2000.
- Back to the Future: Dow Industrials, S&P 500 Hit New Highs, Nasdaq Clears 5,000 @ Barrons.com - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 5:44 PM EST
It's back to the future as the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the S&P 500 hit new all-time highs today--and soon the Nasdaq Composite may be joining them, as the tech-heavy index closed above 5,000 for the first time since the dot-com boom. The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 155.93 points, or 0.9%, to 18288.63--a …
- Apparel Retailers Break Out: How to Pocket Gains @ Barrons.com - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 4:07 PM EST
The breakout event was driven by Gap Inc. (GPS), which jumped Friday after the company announced a new $1 billion share buyback program, which follows its previous $500 million program announced last October. They may not have formed official breakouts but many, such as L Brands (LB) have been in solid bull trends for …
- 3 Ageless Lessons for Nasdaq 5000 ETFguide - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 4:04 PM EST
Back to the future! The Nasdaq Composite Index (NasdaqGIDS:^IXIC) just crossed 5,000. Other stock market yardsticks like the Dow Jones Industrial Average (NYSEARCA:DIA) and S&P 500 (NYSEARCA:VOO) sit atop ...
- Buying ETFs on Margin Versus Leveraged ETFs @ Investopedia - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 3:37 PM EST
Leveraged ETFs and investing in an ETF on margin both have their advantages and disadvantages.
- How To Mitigate Mistakes Made Due To Behavioral Biases Market Realist - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 12:06 PM EST
Mitigate mistakes made due to behavioral biases by thinking long-term and using ETFs as a tool to diversify your portfolio.
- Yahoo Has Been A Disappointment Since Alibaba Spinoff - Will Things Change For The Bulls? Benzinga - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 11:52 AM EST
Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ: YHOO ) shares have been a disappointment for the bulls ever since peaking out in mid-November 2014. Since then, shares have traded lower by more than 15 percent while the NASDAQ has ...
- Strategies for Investing in the World's Fastest-Growing Economies US News - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 11:41 AM EST
Let's say you've decided your portfolio would benefit from some type of international diversification. After all, with roughly half the world's market capitalization residing outside the U.S., there must be opportunity somewhere. Many people instinctively look for stocks, bonds, mutual funds or exchange-traded funds that …
- Why Warren Buffett is giving bad advice to disciplined investors @ MarketWatch - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 9:22 AM EST
Surprisingly, Buffett’s annual investor letter had some bad advice for disciplined investors. We have seen this same advice from Buffett several times before and decided to pen this article.
- Real Estate Notes: A Smart Investment Alternative US News - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 8:55 AM EST
After three decades of working in different areas of the real estate business, including owning a number of rental properties, the three T's of landlording, tenants, toilets and trash, were wearing thin on Don DeMarco. The Silver Spring, Maryland-based real estate entrepreneur has seen a lot, making a lot of money and …
- Six Reasons Why VCs Reject Good Startups Entrepreneur - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 12:30 AM EST
- Top Reasons Forex Traders Fail @ Investopedia - Sun, Mar 1, 2015 11:00 AM EST
This market can be treacherous for unprepared investors. Find out how to avoid the mistakes that keep FX traders from succeeding.
- Larger Stock Buybacks Are A Signal Of Increasing Stock Market Efficiency @ Forbes - Sun, Mar 1, 2015 9:32 AM EST
You don't have to go far these days to find someone shouting that corporations buying back their own stock is a sign with all that's wrong with the financialisation of our society. Instead of just enriching shareholders companies ought to be expanding their businesses by investing the money internally. This
- Stocks Over Bonds @ Barrons.com - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 12:01 AM EST
Enter the $820 million Pimco Dividend and Income Builder fund (PQIZX). Despite the considerable experience his firm has in fixed-income investing, manager Brad Kinkelaar runs a fund (with three other managers, including the firm’s new chief investment officer, Dan Ivascyn) that’s heavily skewed toward stocks—its target …
- 10 Ways To Avoid Losing Money In Forex @ Investopedia - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 9:00 PM EST
When approached as a business, forex trading can be profitable and rewarding. Find out what you need to do to avoid big losses as a beginner.
- Why The Disposition Effect Is Risky In The Long Term Market Realist - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 6:05 PM EST
The disposition effect is risky in the long term. This behavior is especially prevalent among risk-averse investors.
- What investments have been the poorest historical performers? @ Investopedia - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 4:33 PM EST
Learn about low performance investments and how they are used by investors. Find out which investments lose funds and how to protect investment value.
- Revenue Growth Is the Key for Bed Bath & Beyond GuruFocus.com - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 3:12 PM EST
In this article, let's take a look at Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (BBBY), a $13.9 billion market cap company, operating more than 1,500 stores in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada, and Mexico.
- Ametek Offers Good Opportunities for Growth GuruFocus.com - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 3:02 PM EST
In this article, let's take a look at Ametek Inc. (AME), a $12.84 billion market cap company, which is a leading global niche-market manufacturer of electronic instruments and electro-mechanical devices....
- 8 Questions That Will Help Set the Right Expectations With Investors Entrepreneur - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 11:30 AM EST
- The Dip In Stock Ownership Is Due To A Change In Perception Market Realist - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 10:06 AM EST
The number of Americans investing in stocks (SPY)(IVV) is decreasing. Conservatism toward stocks has caused a dip in stock ownership.
- How early retirees can build an income bridge Bankrate.com - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 5:00 AM EST
If throughout your career you maximized savings into your tax-advantaged retirement accounts and diligently socked money into after-tax savings, you may be able to retire early -- well before you're old enough to collect Social Security or pensions. Now the challenge is how to manage money in early retirement: specifically, …
- A New Way To Manage Risk When Trading FX DailyFX - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 10:00 PM EST
A New Way To Manage Risk When Trading FX
- Is it possible to be perfectly hedged against risk? @ Investopedia - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 5:11 PM EST
Learn what it means to mitigate the market risk of a portfolio through hedging and to what extent hedging can reduce downside potential.
- 10 Forex Misconceptions @ Investopedia - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 5:00 PM EST
The currency markets are full of myths that can harm a trader's chances at success.
- Why Avoiding The Stock Market Could Cost You Market Realist - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 3:41 PM EST
Do you avoid the stock market? Shun diversification? Trade inefficiently? We examine three common bad behaviors among investors and provide tips.
- Abner Herrman's Top Three Holdings GuruFocus.com - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 3:00 PM EST
In recent days hedge funds have been filing their form 13-F, which is a quarterly report of equity holdings by filed institutional investment managers with at least $100 million in equity assets under ...
- Worried about a stock market crash? Read this CNNMoney.com - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 1:38 PM EST
Many investors still can't shake the memory of the stock market crash of 2008. Fearing a repeat, they've stayed on the sidelines by keeping their money in cash. They missed out on the great bull run of ...
- Lattice Strategies Enters ETF Space With Three Funds ETF Trends - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 1:30 PM EST
Lattice Strategies, the San Francisco-based money manager with an emphasis on risk-focused research and investment strategy design, made its foray into the exchange traded funds business today with three ...