- Three Investing Resolutions for 2015 @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
It’s time to look ahead as a profitable year winds down.
- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Here Are My ABCs of Financial Literacy @ TheStreet.com - 7 hours ago
Here's another peek into Cramer's playbook for successful investing.
- The First Step To Taking Control Of Your Investments @ Forbes - 13 hours ago
Often, I find that successful, busy people let the investment selections they made when they started their career keep getting carried over from year to year until they retire. This worked out well for those who invested in stocks and whose careers coincided with the America’s ascendance to become the world’s economic superpower. …
- Here's a look inside Ray Dalio's new strategy @ CNBC - 15 hours ago
Ray Dalio's hedge fund Bridgewater Associates is poised to grow even larger.
- The one major investing mistake you're making CNNMoney.com - 16 hours ago
Imagine you're buying your first stock. You do all the research, painstakingly build an Excel worksheet to make calculations, and think about it really hard. The day you hit "buy," you're kind ...
- Q&A: Why Can’t Leveraged ETFs be Bought and Held? ETFguide - 16 hours ago
Dear ETFguide, You and just about all the other ETF specialists are very adamant about using leveraged ETFs as short-term trades only. Please comment about what I’ve done for a 5-year period of time that ...
- Ho! Ho! Ho! You should save more! @ USA TODAY - 20 hours ago
Santa gave you a bull market, but you didn't invest, did you?
- If You Missed The Rally, Then You Just Made The Most Classic Mistake In Investing Business Insider - Thu, Dec 25, 2014 9:05 AM EST
The past two months have been challenging for...
- Two and a Half Reasons to Like Stocks Now @ Barrons.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 3:27 PM EST
Analyzing financial markets is especially tricky in the holiday season simply because activity slows and psychological forces wane. Because of that, we cannot get easily a true picture. But there’s an ...
- Is a REIT a type of ETF? @ Investopedia - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 3:10 PM EST
Learn the differences between real estate investment trusts, or REITs, and exchange-traded funds, or ETFs, to see how the two combine to make a unique investment.
- What is a country ETF? @ Investopedia - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 3:10 PM EST
Learn about the operational basics of exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and the foreign investment opportunities and advantages offered by country ETFs.
- Being choosy paid off for mutual-fund investors in 2014 Associated Press - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 11:57 AM EST
Go big and stay home. Anyone who followed that strategy with their mutual funds in 2014 is likely sitting on another year of healthy returns. Funds that focus on stocks of the biggest companies were some ...
- The best way to invest for retirement income CNNMoney.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 9:11 AM EST
My wife and I have accumulated a good-size nest egg that we now need to draw on to pay retirement living expenses. Can you suggest a portfolio for generating current income? ?K.G., Dover, Delaware When ...
- 5 Stocks Insiders Are Snapping Up: Seattle Genetics and More @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Dec 24, 2014 8:22 AM EST
Insiders usually buy their own shares because they think the stock is a bargain and has tremendous upside.
- 3 wealth-building secrets that the rich already know @ MarketWatch - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 4:11 PM EST
Here’s what columnist Jonathan Clements learned from rubbing elbows with the seven-figure-portfolio crowd.
- Smith & Nephew (SNN) Stock Jumping Today on Takeover Speculation @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 2:44 PM EST
Smith & Nephew (SNN) stock is gaining today as reports suggest a takeover offer from Stryker (SYK) is forthcoming.
- ETFs for Generating Solid Current Income ETF Trends - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 2:07 PM EST
Ten-year Treasury yields have plunged 26.2% this year, prompting investors to push billions into income-generating asset classes and exchange traded funds. The more than $10 billion that has flowed into ...
- 5 Stocks With Major Insider Buying: Agios Pharmaceuticals and More @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 1:44 PM EST
Insiders usually buy their own shares because they think the stock is a bargain and has tremendous upside.
- Play Stocks That Gain From Fatter Wallets @ Barrons.com - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 12:32 PM EST
Wage growth has been stuck at an annual rate of about 2% since the Great Recession, as high unemployment and a lack of demand have meant companies feel little pressure to compete for skilled workers. However, ...
- This Simple Equation Will Tell You How Much Of Your Portfolio To Invest In Stocks Business Insider - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 10:12 AM EST
A balanced investment portfolio is important to...
- Prioritize This Task Before Buying Your Next Individual Stock ETFguide - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 10:06 AM EST
The age of not having a believable investment plan is over. But that still hasn’t solved the problem of having too many investment choices. That leaves the prudent investor with no other option but to ...
- 5 Great ETFs for 2015 @ Kiplinger - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 9:30 AM EST
These exchange-traded funds promise to do as well as their mutual-fund counterparts at a fraction of the cost
- Don’t Believe What You Read (Except This Column) @ Morningstar - Tue, Dec 23, 2014 7:00 AM EST
The $72 million investment fantasy.
- Bond links: The bears have been vanquished @ MarketWatch - Mon, Dec 22, 2014 6:32 PM EST
After a surprise 2014, next year looks just as good, writes David Waring.
- 'Tis The Season For Tax-Loss Harvesting @ Investopedia - Mon, Dec 22, 2014 4:59 PM EST
With the end of the year upon investors are looking for ways to reduce their tax bill. One tactic that is often used is tax-loss harvesting.
- Should I invest in ETFs or index funds? @ Investopedia - Mon, Dec 22, 2014 3:11 PM EST
Learn advantages to investing in exchange-traded funds, or ETFs, and index funds, and decide whether to include them in your investment portfolio.
- 11 ETFs that could make your new year @ MarketWatch - Mon, Dec 22, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Here are a few picks that run the gamut. MarketWatch asked several investing experts each to recommend ETFs for 2015 — funds that ought to perform well, or that are at least worth watching.
- Year-End Review: How to Evaluate Your Retirement Accounts in 15 Minutes or Less Money Talks News - Mon, Dec 22, 2014 1:03 PM EST
Do you know how hard your money worked for you in 2014? If not, it’s time to do a 15-minute checkup of your investments and make some plans for 2015. Check out the video below as Money Talks News founder ...
- No Bargains in Rising Market: Why Not Buy High and Sell Higher? @ TheStreet.com - Mon, Dec 22, 2014 12:29 PM EST
It is a rare and risky strategy, though some funds are proving it can be hugely rewarding.
- After U.S. Stock Rally, Some See Danger in New Year @ The Wall Street Journal - Mon, Dec 22, 2014 12:07 AM EST
Abreast of the Market: Last week’s stock rebound was so sharp you could carve your holiday turkey with it. But year-end moves by managers drove some of the share buying, and there is a risk they could ...
- Wealthy Investors Aren't Likely to Benefit from myRA @ Morningstar - Sun, Dec 21, 2014 7:00 AM EST
A higher-yielding, guaranteed investment seems appealing, but myRA won't make sense for most high-income savers.
- The best thing you can do now for your portfolio CNNMoney.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 5:25 PM EST
The stock market roller coaster is back. The Dow and S&P 500 shed over 4% in December before rebounding sharply this week. Take your pick of what to be most concerned about: cheap oil, a flat-lining Europe, ...
- Physical Precious Metals: Tips to Avoid Tarnishing Your Portfolio FINRA - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 12:50 PM EST
Precious metals are notorious for price movements that can pique investor interest during upswings and downswings alike. If you are thinking that now is the time to invest in physical precious metals such as silver, gold or maybe palladium or platinum, be aware of the risks involved. Enforcement actions by the Commodity …
- Target Date Funds Are Setting Up Millennials For A Stock Market Shock--And Some Don't Even Know It @ Forbes - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 11:03 AM EST
At the end of 2013, 65% of 20-somethings had more than 80% of their 401(k)s invested in stocks, up from the 48% who were so stock heavy at the end of 2007.
- How to Invest an Inheritance @ Money - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 10:12 AM EST
Q: I’m 22 years old and inherited quite a bit of money from a parent who passed away. What is the best thing to do with the money in terms of investing and long-term growth? — Val Step One: Before all ...
- ‘The Colbert Report’ leaves us 5 important investing rules to live by @ MarketWatch - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 9:34 AM EST
In honor of the final episode of “The Colbert Report,” MarketWatch highlights investing lessons that can be gleaned from the long-running satirical TV show.
- Profit From Holiday Spending With This ETF @ Investopedia - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 9:30 AM EST
As Americans finish purchasing the last of their holiday gifts, the consumer discretionary sector will continue to be one of the primary beneficiaries.
- How 5 Individual Investors Beat The Best Wall Street Has To Offer @ Forbes - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 8:54 AM EST
Forbes has been interviewing some of the nearly 1000 Marketocracy members who have outperformed the top mutual fund manager for the past decade. How can individual investors beat the best Wall Street has to offer? Let me introduce you to 5 of them and let them tell you in their own words.
- A Popular Emerging-Markets Consumer ETF Rocked by Currency Volatility @ Morningstar - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 7:00 AM EST
Large exposures in South Africa, Brazil, and Chile have weighed on the performance of this fund.
- 'Fast Money' Recap: No Explanation for Thursday's Market Rally @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Dec 19, 2014 5:00 AM EST
The trading panel discussed energy companies, Nike and other retailers.
- The EMB Emerging Market Bond ETF: Use Caution @ Investopedia - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 6:34 PM EST
Investing in emerging market bonds might sound creative and fun, but sometimes it’s more profitable in keeping it simple and close to home.
- W.W. Grainger Should Be a Profitable Investment GuruFocus.com - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 5:10 PM EST
In this article, let's take a look at W.W. Grainger, Inc (GWW), a $16.92 billion market cap company, which is the largest global distributor of industrial and commercial supplies, such as hand tools, electric ...
- SAFT ON WEALTH-Wherever you go, there you are Reuters - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 4:41 PM EST
Here is the thing about investing: wherever you go, there you are. Which is another way of saying that we carry our problems, weaknesses and foibles as investors around with us, no matter how we approach ...
- Value Won't Be Enough To Save Emerging Markets Next Year @ Forbes - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 4:08 PM EST
Emerging markets are risky business. It´s become increasingly difficult for investors to play these markets passively through index funds like ETFs. Pick a country, and you might get a wrong. It´s a stock pickers world. But top down investors know that sometimes a stock is cheap for a reason: the
- Will Stock Market VOOdo Continue? @ Investopedia - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 2:30 PM EST
The Vanguard S&P 500 ETF (VOO) offers a relatively safe investment opportunity for people who aren't sure which way the market is headed.
- HIGHLIGHTS-Analysts' view of U.S. municipal bond market in 2015 Reuters - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 2:18 PM EST
The $3.6 trillion U.S. municipal bond market had a blockbuster year when it came to returns, beating many analysts' expectations. Supply contracted sharply in the first half of 2014, helping drive up prices. ...
- Garmin Is Somewhat Expensive At These Levels GuruFocus.com - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 2:16 PM EST
In this article, let's take a look at Garmin Ltd. (GRMN), a $10.32 billion market cap company that provides navigation, communications and information devices for the aviation, marine, general recreation, ...
- 8 Smart Tax Moves for Investors US News - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 1:09 PM EST
Good investors are good tax planners. Tax planning isn't as fun as investing -- or fun at all -- but it helps you keep as much of that hard-won investment income as possible. Dan Solin, a wealth advisor ...
- What is a good interest coverage ratio? @ Investopedia - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 11:10 AM EST
Learn the importance of the interest coverage ratio, one of the primary debt ratios analysts use to evaluate a company's financial health.
- Emerging Market ETFs Look Cheap ETF Trends - Thu, Dec 18, 2014 10:00 AM EST
Investors who are seeking cheaper plays in today’s markets will have to look to emerging market exchange traded funds where valuations are more attractive than U.S. equities. “There’s a of ...