- Why Visa Is My Largest Holding, With Further Gains Expected @ Seeking Alpha - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
When constructing a well balanced portfolio, I believe in letting long term winners ride especially when their fundamental outlook hasn't changed. Why cut a good thing short to take funds out to chase ...
- Going for Growth @ Barrons.com - 6 hours ago
As a child growing up in Paris' wealthy 16th Arrondissement, an elite enclave of French high society, Fabrice Vecchioli was fascinated by his long talks with his grandfather about stocks and bonds. Investing for his own account, the elder Vecchioli made money through World Wars I and II and the Great Depression. "He said …
- Don't Invest in Target Date Retirement Funds Without Knowing These 3 Things @ Motley Fool - 18 hours ago
Don't blindly invest in a target-date fund without knowing the answers to these questions.
- Forward Testing Various Investment Alternatives Against A High-Risk, High-Dividend Portfolio @ Seeking Alpha - 19 hours ago
Many individual investors are leaving their money on the sidelines right now because the averages have been hitting all time highs. Some of the people that I contact are fearful of putting their hard earned ...
- Has The Fed Doomed Buy And Hold? @ Seeking Alpha - 21 hours ago
In December 2008, the Federal Reserve embarked upon the most expansionary monetary policy in U.S. history. In an unprecedented action, the Fed moved its Federal Funds Target Rate to a range of 0% to 0.25% ...
- Brazil's Coming Melt-Up @ Seeking Alpha - 22 hours ago
"If there is no struggle, there is no progress." - Frederick Douglass Political change can be more stimulative than all the Quantitative Easing in the world. While central banks can attempt to ...
- Today's Market: Mergers And Acquisitions Rumors Driving These Stocks Higher @ Seeking Alpha - 23 hours ago
The M&A activity has really carried this market over the course of the year, as investors have sought guidance anywhere they can get it. As more transactions are announced, market participants view this ...
- What To Hold: 3 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks PMT, HR, SPLS @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
These 3 dividend stocks are rated a Hold by TheStreet
- Buy-and-hold investing is impossible @ MarketWatch - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 11:23 AM EDT
Whether it is making moves on the edge of a portfolio or hiring a money manager who adapts and tries to guide the portfolio, it’s basic human nature to want to avoid pain, writes Chuck Jaffe.
- Morningstar Inc Stock Downgraded (MORN) @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 11:15 AM EDT
Morningstar (Nasdaq:MORN) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from from a buy to hold.
- Freescale Semiconductor Ltd Stock Upgraded (FSL) @ TheStreet.com - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 11:13 AM EDT
Freescale Semiconductor (NYSE:FSL) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from a sell to hold.
- 5 Investing Lessons I Learned Eating Lunch with Tom Gayner @ Motley Fool - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 10:12 AM EDT
Tom Gayner is the President and Chief Investment Officer of Markel, a specialty insurer located 102 miles south of Motley Fool HQ. Mr. Gayner kindly invited me and three other Fools to have lunch with ...
- 10 Questions to Ask Before Investing in a Sector US News - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 9:58 AM EDT
Maybe you believe technology is a good bet, but don't want to invest in only one technology stock, such as Intel, Apple, Microsoft or Facebook.
- Theravance (THRX) Is in Oversold Territory: What's Next? Zacks - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 7:50 AM EDT
Theravance (THRX) Is in Oversold Territory: What's Next?
- Cabot Microelectronics (CCMP) Enters Oversold Territory Zacks - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 7:49 AM EDT
Cabot Microelectronics (CCMP) Enters Oversold Territory
- SunCoke Energy Partners (NDRO) is in Overbought Territory: What's Next? Zacks - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 7:45 AM EDT
SunCoke Energy Partners (NDRO) is in Overbought Territory: What's Next?
- Can the Uptrend Continue for SEI Investments (SEIC)? Zacks - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 7:30 AM EDT
Can the Uptrend Continue for SEI Investments (SEIC)?
- 3 Stocks for Young Professionals With $20,000 to Invest @ Motley Fool - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 7:05 AM EDT
These three industry-leading stocks have rewarded investors for years and will continue to do so.
- S&P 500: Still Trading Below 2000 A Decade From Now? @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Jul 25, 2014 2:22 AM EDT
The stock market continues to rise like an unstoppable rocket. On Thursday, stocks as measured by the S&P 500 Index (NYSEARCA: SPY ) marked yet another new all-time high at 1987. And it is only a matter ...
- Foreign Direct Investment @ Investopedia - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 9:10 PM EDT
Foreign Direct Investment is a form of cross-border investment.
- Yellen's Recent Statements Notwithstanding, Many High-Quality Small-Caps Still Undervalued @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 6:08 PM EDT
By Royce Funds Small-caps have underperformed the broader market so far in 2014. Recent comments from Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen only added fuel to the fire.
- Enagas: A 5% Yield Solid Dividend Growth Stock With Improved Outlook @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 4:50 PM EDT
In a previous article from January 2014 we analyzed the Spanish gas network operator Enagas (OTCPK: ENGGY ) and recommended it as an attractive option for income or dividend growth investors willing to ...
- Is Investing About Pontification Or Profits? @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 4:09 PM EDT
Why Do We Invest? There is not one correct or proper answer to the question of why do we invest? However, if we answer the question honestly, we can possibly improve our investment outcomes. Having worked ...
- Why Owners Of Cigna Should Take Profits @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 3:18 PM EDT
Cigna Corp. (NYSE: CI ) has been on a tear in the last three months. Current stock owners love this uptrend and hope to keep riding this wave, but at one point the wave will die out -- and I believe it's ...
- Investors Are Getting Nervous About The Quality Of Assets @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 2:57 PM EDT
It looks like a bunch of cross asset relationships have broken down recently. I propose a quick overview and try to draw some conclusions. The first signal comes from stocks and bonds. As can be seen below, ...
- Get Emerging Markets Exposure With This ETF @ Investopedia - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 2:36 PM EDT
When volatility in the U.S. market increases, it is often natural for traders to reactively put their money to work in other areas of the world.
- This Year's Hottest Healthcare ETFs @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 2:15 PM EDT
As a sector, health care has a lot to offer in terms of fundamental and technical data that supports ongoing innovation and profitability. The aging baby boomer population combined with an increased focus ...
- Don't Sweat The Small Caps @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 2:08 PM EDT
One of the more persistent themes since stocks took off in April has been the underperformance of small cap stocks. Specifically, market experts have been overly fixated on the iShares Russell 2000 ETF ...
- My High Dividend Yield Retirement Portfolio Delivers 8.8% Of Income For This Retiree @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 1:32 PM EDT
The purpose of this article is to be accountable going forward. I want to demonstrate how my retirement portfolio will increase the current income over the next four and a half years. At that point my ...
- Sphere 3D: A Ticking Time Bomb Set To Self-Destruct? @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 12:31 PM EDT
Sphere 3D (Nasdaq: ANY; TSXV: ANY.V) can thank a former regulatory target with a lousy trading record for much of the buying pressure that has allowed its highflying stock to resist the forces of gravity....
- Trade-Ideas: W R Grace (GRA) Is Today's "Storm The Castle" Stock @ TheStreet.com - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 11:52 AM EDT
Trade-Ideas LLC identified W R Grace (GRA) as a "storm the castle" (crossing above the 200-day simple moving average on higher than normal relative volume) candidate
- India ETFs Aren’t Done Yet ETF Trends - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 11:46 AM EDT
Exchange traded funds tracking Indian equities have been among the brightest spots in what has generally been a shiny year for emerging markets ETFs. In the run-up to and in the aftermath Narendra Modi’s ...
- Trade-Ideas: Under Armour (UA) Is Today's Momo Momentum Stock @ TheStreet.com - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 11:34 AM EDT
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Under Armour (UA) as a momo momentum candidate
- Bulls Take Notice - Caution Suggested As Credit Markets And Equity Markets Diverge @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 10:12 AM EDT
Summary Divergence with small cap stocks and junk bonds persists Credit spreads widening suggests building short-term financial stress Markets oversold and how risk areas react will be telling
- Huntington Bancshares' Problem With Too Much Profitability @ Motley Fool - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 10:04 AM EDT
Don't let excessive profits be the downfall of your investment.
- Is There Such a Thing as Too Much Indexing? US News - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 9:59 AM EDT
Cheap, productive and a breeze to understand: It's easy to see why index funds are so popular. Financial advisors say index funds are like protein: They're the building blocks of your portfolio, but it's important to indulge your appetite for other flavors of investments, too. The most important thing to understand is …
- New Lifetime High Reached: Federal Realty Investment (FRT) @ TheStreet.com - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 9:45 AM EDT
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Federal Realty Investment (FRT) as a new lifetime high candidate
- Why A Short Covering Rally Might Come for Quicksilver (KWK) Stock Zacks - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 8:07 AM EDT
Why A Short Covering Rally Might Come for Quicksilver (KWK) Stock
- United Technologies (UTX) Enters Oversold Territory Zacks - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 8:05 AM EDT
United Technologies (UTX) Enters Oversold Territory
- Medicines (MDCO) is Oversold: Can It Recover? Zacks - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 8:01 AM EDT
Medicines (MDCO) is Oversold: Can It Recover?
- Rock-Tenn (RKT): Moving Average Crossover Alert Zacks - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 7:43 AM EDT
Rock-Tenn (RKT): Moving Average Crossover Alert
- 3 reasons to hold Telstra Corporation Ltd shares @ Motley Fool - Thu, Jul 24, 2014 12:17 AM EDT
Current shareholders shouldn’t overlook Telstra’s future potential.
- 2014 Mid-Year Call Performance And Updates @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 6:23 PM EDT
Call Context Before getting into my call performance and update details, there are a few things I need to mention that are important to all of my individual calls.
- 3 High-Yielding MLP ETFs That Carry Below-Average Risk @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 4:29 PM EDT
Investments focusing on master limited partnerships (or MLPs) have performed very well recently. Many have seen double-digit returns year-to-date, and a few are even north of 20%. As a result of the popularity ...
- 5 Stocks Insiders Love Right Now @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 1:03 PM EDT
Insiders at these companies have been scooping up shares of their own stock lately.
- [$$] The 'Tycoon Trade': Big Money for Pricey Stocks @ Barrons.com - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 12:28 PM EDT
It's a basic fact that many investors overlook because of the sticker shock associated with the stock prices. Recent earnings reports from Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) and Netflix (NFLX) are a reminder of this market dynamic. Other pricey shares include Google (GOOG), Priceline (PCLN) and Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway …
- This Is Why Shorting Stocks Is So Brutal Business Insider - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 12:11 PM EDT
It's just not a great idea to short stocks...
- CYS Investments Inc Stock Upgraded (CYS) @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 11:13 AM EDT
CYS Investments (NYSE:CYS) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from a sell to hold.
- Whirlpool (WHR) Marked As A Barbarian At The Gate @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 11:00 AM EDT
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Whirlpool (WHR) as a "barbarian at the gate" (strong stocks crossing above resistance with today's range greater than 200%) candidate
- Young Americans Prefer Bank Investments, Not Stock Market @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Jul 23, 2014 11:00 AM EDT
That's a problem, because younger Americans aren't going to meet their giant retirement savings burden with low-yielding cash investments.