- Stocks Over Bonds @ Barrons.com - Sat, Feb 28, 2015 12:01 AM EST
Enter the $820 million Pimco Dividend and Income Builder fund (PQIZX). Despite the considerable experience his firm has in fixed-income investing, manager Brad Kinkelaar runs a fund (with three other managers, including the firm’s new chief investment officer, Dan Ivascyn) that’s heavily skewed toward stocks—its target …
- 10 Ways To Avoid Losing Money In Forex @ Investopedia - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 9:00 PM EST
When approached as a business, forex trading can be profitable and rewarding. Find out what you need to do to avoid big losses as a beginner.
- Why The Disposition Effect Is Risky In The Long Term Market Realist - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 6:05 PM EST
The disposition effect is risky in the long term. This behavior is especially prevalent among risk-averse investors.
- What investments have been the poorest historical performers? @ Investopedia - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 4:33 PM EST
Learn about low performance investments and how they are used by investors. Find out which investments lose funds and how to protect investment value.
- Revenue Growth Is the Key for Bed Bath & Beyond GuruFocus.com - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 3:12 PM EST
In this article, let's take a look at Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (BBBY), a $13.9 billion market cap company, operating more than 1,500 stores in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada, and Mexico.
- Ametek Offers Good Opportunities for Growth GuruFocus.com - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 3:02 PM EST
In this article, let's take a look at Ametek Inc. (AME), a $12.84 billion market cap company, which is a leading global niche-market manufacturer of electronic instruments and electro-mechanical devices....
- 8 Questions That Will Help Set the Right Expectations With Investors Entrepreneur - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 11:30 AM EST
- The Dip In Stock Ownership Is Due To A Change In Perception Market Realist - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 10:06 AM EST
The number of Americans investing in stocks (SPY)(IVV) is decreasing. Conservatism toward stocks has caused a dip in stock ownership.
- How early retirees can build an income bridge Bankrate.com - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 5:00 AM EST
If throughout your career you maximized savings into your tax-advantaged retirement accounts and diligently socked money into after-tax savings, you may be able to retire early -- well before you're old enough to collect Social Security or pensions. Now the challenge is how to manage money in early retirement: specifically, …
- A New Way To Manage Risk When Trading FX DailyFX - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 10:00 PM EST
A New Way To Manage Risk When Trading FX
- Is it possible to be perfectly hedged against risk? @ Investopedia - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 5:11 PM EST
Learn what it means to mitigate the market risk of a portfolio through hedging and to what extent hedging can reduce downside potential.
- 10 Forex Misconceptions @ Investopedia - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 5:00 PM EST
The currency markets are full of myths that can harm a trader's chances at success.
- Why Avoiding The Stock Market Could Cost You Market Realist - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 3:41 PM EST
Do you avoid the stock market? Shun diversification? Trade inefficiently? We examine three common bad behaviors among investors and provide tips.
- Abner Herrman's Top Three Holdings GuruFocus.com - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 3:00 PM EST
In recent days hedge funds have been filing their form 13-F, which is a quarterly report of equity holdings by filed institutional investment managers with at least $100 million in equity assets under ...
- Worried about a stock market crash? Read this CNNMoney.com - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 1:38 PM EST
Many investors still can't shake the memory of the stock market crash of 2008. Fearing a repeat, they've stayed on the sidelines by keeping their money in cash. They missed out on the great bull run of ...
- Lattice Strategies Enters ETF Space With Three Funds ETF Trends - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 1:30 PM EST
Lattice Strategies, the San Francisco-based money manager with an emphasis on risk-focused research and investment strategy design, made its foray into the exchange traded funds business today with three ...
- 3 Tax-Efficient 'Bucket' Portfolios for Retirees @ Morningstar - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 7:00 AM EST
Our model portfolios are designed to facilitate in-retirement cash flows--and to limit Uncle Sam's take.
- Get Your Rally Caps On! @ Barrons.com - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 5:19 PM EST
One and all, big and small: The stock market is at new highs and in the absence of a crushing increase in interest rates by the Federal Reserve, there is little in the way to stop it. More stocks are going up each day than down.
- India Equity Valuations Rich But Profit Growth Promising, William Blair Says @ Barrons.com - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 4:16 PM EST
As India's government unveils its budget this weekend, investors will be asking, did I miss it? Indian equities continue to outperform other emerging markets. The S&P BSE Sensex Index turned in a flat performance Wednesday, but is just 2.3% below its record close of 29,681.77 reached on Jan. 29. The iShares MSCI India …
- The Return To 1999 For Nasdaq Stocks @ Forbes - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 3:42 PM EST
In March 2000 when the Nasdaq traded at its all-time highs, the index traded at well over 100 times earnings, and the 10-year yield was 6.66%. As an investor, you could exit a market with record high valuations and get a risk free, nearly 7% return on your money in Treasuries. Today, the Nasdaq has a price/earnings multiple …
- GE: A Cheap Bet Shares Will Rally on Earnings @ Barrons.com - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 1:53 PM EST
General Electric, which is as widely held as it is mistrusted, is doing something rarely seen in recent years: trading strongly into earnings. With first-quarter earnings scheduled for April 17, investors are buying bullish calls in anticipation shares rally on the news. General Electric (GE) earnings are rarely treated …
- How To Become A Successful Forex Trader @ Investopedia - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 1:00 PM EST
Discover a framework that will help you build your own profitable forex trading strategy.
- Why Corporate Bonds Could Perform Well Market Realist - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 11:06 AM EST
A tailwind for both Treasuries as well as investment-grade corporate bonds (LQD) is the hike in interest rates that could take place later this year.
- Retirement Savers, Don’t Count on Washington to Protect You @ Money - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 10:40 AM EST
Regulations that would protect the interests of retirement savers are finally gaining traction in Washington. But don't pop the champagne corks just yet.
- 10 Investing Apps to Supercharge Your Portfolio US News - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 10:23 AM EST
Remarkably, it now only takes a tap or two to locate valuable investment information or move your money from one asset to another. "Investing is an inherently fast-paced, on-the-go industry, rendering it an especially good fit for mobile technology," says Raul Moreno, co-founder and CEO of iBillionaire, an app and website …
- Speculating Is a Dumb Way to Invest US News - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 9:16 AM EST
It's understandable that most investors do not achieve market returns which are theirs for the taking. A cautionary note: Although I am going to use the returns of the Standard & Poor's 500 index in the examples that follow, that index is not a proxy for the U.S. stock market.
- These 4 Swing Trades Could Place You in the Money @ Investopedia - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 7:30 PM EST
Take advantage of moves both higher and lower with swing trades based on trend channels.
- The proven way to retire rich CNNMoney.com - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 6:01 PM EST
Looking for more money for your retirement? Who isn't? This study reveals that there is one sure-fire way to get it. The study Last year, the National Bureau of Economic Research with professors from the ...
- Tapping Retirement Funds Early – Without A Penalty @ Investopedia - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 5:48 PM EST
The IRS offers several ways to skirt the 10% penalty on early retirement distributions.
- Ten Worst Mistakes Beginner Investors Make @ Investopedia - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 5:01 PM EST
Here are the ten worst mistakes beginning investors make.
- Reversing a Declining Pattern in Earnings Per Share GuruFocus.com - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 4:49 PM EST
In this article, let's take a look at CR Bard Inc. (BCR), a $13.07 billion market cap company, which is a diversified maker of therapeutic and diagnostic medical devices has exposure to the vascular, urology, ...
- Stern Advice - Don't wait for Washington to protect retirement investors Reuters - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 4:09 PM EST
After years of talk about how to protect retirement savers, the White House has gotten behind a Labor Department proposal that would require financial advisers to put clients' interests ahead of their own. Consumer champion Sen. Elizabeth Warren, who says she is not running for president, is doing wall-to-wall media …
- Q&A: How Many ETFs Do You Need for a Well-Rounded Portfolio? ETFguide - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 1:46 PM EST
Q. How many ETFs do I need to own to have a balanced and diversified portfolio? – C.L. in Plano, TX A. One of the common investing fallacies is that the number of holdings within your investment portfolio should increase ...
- Does your portfolio need alternative investments? Consumer Reports - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 1:15 PM EST
Alternative investments are a little like alternative music: Ask 10 people what they are and you’ll get 10 different answers. Simply put, alternative investments are anything that aren’t mainstre...
- How To Minimize ETF Fees @ Investopedia - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 1:01 PM EST
ETFs offer broad exposure to a variety of styles, sectors, regions and more. But the fees can be a bit steep. Here are ways to minimize them.
- What is the difference between investing and trading? @ Investopedia - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 1:00 PM EST
Investing and trading are two very different methods of attempting to profit in the financial markets. The goal of investing is to gradually build wealth over an extended period of time through the buying ...
- Invesco’s Mortgage REIT Turns Winner in Fannie-Freddie Debt Bet @ Bloomberg - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 12:52 PM EST
While the REIT was sitting on $15 million of paper losses at the end of last year after it bought more as prices slumped, a reversal this year has left the firm with gains on its purchases as well as “attractive” income from coupon payments, according to Chief Executive Officer Richard King.
- Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Costco, Starbucks Will Help Nasdaq Top 5000 @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 11:16 AM EST
The Nasdaq Composite is about 40 points shy of the 5000 mark, helped by more than just the obvious tech stocks Apple, Amazon and Netflix.
- 4 Ways to Invest in Millennials US News - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 10:32 AM EST
The mass of millennials in this country is surpassing the bulge of baby boomers. According to recent U.S. Census Bureau estimates, millennials now log in at 75.3 million people, outnumbering the 74.9 million baby boomers. Millennials are those born between the early 1980s and the early 2000s -- in other words, the children …
- 401(k) Investors: Avoid These 20 Mistakes @ Morningstar - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 7:00 AM EST
While company retirement plans often have guardrails, investors can goof with contributions, investment selections, loans, and withdrawals.
- 'Fast Money' Recap: Everyone Wants a Piece of the Apple Pie @ TheStreet.com - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 5:00 AM EST
The trading panel discussed the Federal Reserve, utility stocks and Russia.
- 10 of the biggest investing mistakes you’re making (and how to stop) MarketWatch - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 3:27 AM EST
Investors’ bad habits and blind spots can be bad news for their portfolios.
- 4 Tax-Free Muni Bond ETFs to Consider @ Investopedia - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 6:00 PM EST
Tax free municipal bond ETFs are an excellent way to build wealth slowly. Here are 4 you should consider.
- 3 Best Bets in Emerging Market Gov't Bond ETFs @ Investopedia - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 4:20 PM EST
These 3 emerging market government bond ETFs are worth your attention...but beware of the risks.
- The Most Dominant Stocks in 2015 Taking Nasdaq to 5,000 and Beyond @ 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 2:05 PM EST
24/7 Wall St. wanted to find out which of the major Nasdaq stocks would lead the index back over 5,000 -- and perhaps ultimately to new all-time highs.
- The Proven Way to Retire Richer Money - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 10:44 AM EST
Looking for more money for your retirement? Who isn't? This study reveals that there is one sure-fire way to get it.
- ECB Distorting Debt Markets as UniCredit Bonds Converge With ANZ @ Bloomberg - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 10:35 AM EST
The difference in yields between similar-maturity covered bonds of the two companies has almost disappeared since the central bank began buying debt in October, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. The ECB has bought 48.7 billion euros ($55 billion) of covered bonds and 3 billion euros of ABS as part of efforts to …
- The Best Vanguard Funds for Income @ Kiplinger - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 9:00 AM EST
Our picks include some new bond funds, a couple of longtime standouts and a dividend-oriented stock fund.
- Portfolio soaring? Fire your financial advisor now @ CNBC - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 9:00 AM EST
If your portfolio went up 17 percent last year, your advisor did not focus on the one thing you were assured was the top concern: downside protection.
- Even if Rates Rise, the Sky Won’t Fall @ Money - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 6:30 AM EST
Q: With interest rates predicted to rise in 2015, what should I consider doing with my mutual fund bond holdings now? About 35% of my retirement portfolio is in bonds as part of a target date retirement ...