- The Art Of Cutting Your Losses @ Investopedia - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
Taking corrective action before your losses worsen is always a good strategy. Find out how to keep your capital losses small and let your winners run.
- How To Invest When You're Deep In Debt @ Investopedia - 9 hours ago
Debt is one of the biggest obstacles that prevents people from investing - but it shouldn't be.
- Fatal Seduction Of The Municipal Bond Insurers @ Investopedia - 10 hours ago
Learn how a foray into CDOs and other exotic products ruined an industry's image.
- 6 Proven Methods For Selling Stocks @ Investopedia - 10 hours ago
These common techniques can help investors take some of the emotion out of deciding when to sell a stock.
- Barclays adds to its 'green' portfolio with £1m bonds investment @ Financial Times - 13 hours ago
Barclays is to invest more than £1bn in green bonds to finance environmentally friendly projects, representing one of the largest investments by a bank in the fledgling market. The bonds, which are designed ...
- 2014 Morningstar ETF Conference @ Morningstar - 16 hours ago
Get investable ideas and engaging strategies from Morningstar analysts and other ETF experts.
- How Do You Use Stock Simulators? @ Investopedia - 20 hours ago
Stock market simulators let you pick securities, make trades and track the results-all without risking a penny.
- Should You Invest In Emerging Markets? @ Investopedia - 23 hours ago
Emerging markets are risky, but the rewards they can create make them a worthy addition to any portfolio.
- Is Your Mutual Fund Safe? @ Investopedia - Sat, Sep 20, 2014 10:00 PM EDT
You might be carrying more risk than you think if your fund invests in derivatives.
- What is happening during a risk repricing? @ Investopedia - Sat, Sep 20, 2014 12:00 PM EDT
During a strong bull market, the market's overall sense of optimism can often lead to poor estimates about the level of risk that an investment may possess. Unfortunately, once a market correction occurs, ...
- Using Mutual Funds To Profit From Market Dips @ Investopedia - Sat, Sep 20, 2014 8:00 AM EDT
Stop hoping for the indexes to go up and start investing in the reverse.
- 3 fast ways to gauge your financial health @ MarketWatch - Sat, Sep 20, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
Are you on track financially? It’s time to figure it out.
- Low interest rates make it a tough time to retire @ USA TODAY - Sat, Sep 20, 2014 6:45 AM EDT
Today's low interest rates make it a tough time to retire, according to retirement expert Wade D. Pfau.
- [$$] Approach Hot Indian Stocks With Care @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Sep 20, 2014 4:58 AM EDT
India's stock market is enjoying a moment in the sun, helping turn India into a darling of U.S. investors looking for the next hot emerging market. But investors shouldn't be blinded to the risks by this ...
- [$$] Research Reports @ Barrons.com - Sat, Sep 20, 2014 3:49 AM EDT
Many may be obtained through Thomson Reuters at thomson.com/financial or 800-638-8241. Recently converted thrifts like Investors, which completed its second-step offering in May 2014, trade on price-to-tangible book value rather than earnings.
- [$$] Finding Value in Developed Markets @ Barrons.com - Sat, Sep 20, 2014 12:01 AM EDT
Simon Hallett, the chief investment officer at asset manager Harding Loevner, spent a decade early in his career in Hong Kong. It was a good place for Hallett to learn about global markets. In 1991, he joined Harding Loevner, which is based in suburban New Jersey -- a long way from Asia. Hallett, however, did not take …
- Principal-Protected Investments: Risks, Fees And Regulations @ Investopedia - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 9:00 PM EDT
Discover if these instruments hit the right note for you.
- The Top 3 Retiree Worries (And What To Do About Them) @ Investopedia - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 6:00 PM EDT
Discover the most common problems retirees face, and what they can do to solve them.
- An alternative approach to investing in stocks Consumer Reports - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 2:30 PM EDT
If you believe that a robot uprising is in our future or that 3D printing will revolutionize manufacturing, you might be tempted to make a little money from it. And there are plenty of firms out ...
- Tax Tips For The Individual Investor @ Investopedia - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 2:00 PM EDT
We give you seven guidelines to help you keep more of your money in your pocket.
- Retirement Funds Are Loading Up on Stocks Again @ BusinessWeek - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 12:43 PM EDT
The popular premixed funds are supposed to get more conservative as retirement gets closer. What “conservative” means is open to interpretation
- Here’s 50 Blue Chip Stocks that Should Make Shareholders Mad ETFguide - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 10:00 AM EDT
Regardless of whether you believe the stock market is overvalued or undervalued, one thing we can all agree upon is that stocks have been stellar performers. The S&P 500 (NYSEARCA:SPY) has risen five consecutive ...
- Bank of America (BAC) is in Overbought Territory: What's Next? Zacks - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 9:51 AM EDT
Bank of America (BAC) is in Overbought Territory: What's Next?
- 6 investment techniques of money managers Bankrate.com - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 6:00 AM EDT
Investing 6 Common Investment Strategies Of Fund Managers The criteria that mutual fund managers use to select their assets vary widely according to the individual manager. So when choosing a fund, you should look closely at the manager's investment style to make sure it fits your risk-reward profile. "Investment style …
- How do investors lose money when the stock market crashes? @ Investopedia - Fri, Sep 19, 2014 12:00 AM EDT
Over the last hundred years, there have been several large stock market crashes that have plagued the American financial system. For example, during the Great Depression, stock prices dropped to 10% of ...
- Build Your Portfolio With Infrastructure Investments @ Investopedia - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 10:00 PM EDT
Mutual funds devoted to keeping roads, structures and communities safe can make you money.
- Why Money Market Funds Break The Buck @ Investopedia - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 10:00 PM EDT
These funds are noted for their safety in a rough market. Read on to find out why.
- British ETFs in Focus on Scotland's Independence Vote Zacks - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 7:40 PM EDT
The independence vote in Scotland could have a big impact on British ETFs.
- Newly floated companies can prove lucrative @ Financial Times - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 7:11 PM EDT
Markets are awash with companies moving to list on the stock market. Social networking company Facebook raised $16bn when it launched its initial public offering in 2012, following in the footsteps of ...
- How to Hedge Your ETF Bets for a Seasonally Weak September TheStreet.com - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 1:19 PM EDT
September is the weakest month of the year for the stock market and may introduce a layer of volatility that you can counteract with these exchange-traded funds.
- [video] Hulbert: Don't Wait for Risk to Invest Conservatively @ MarketWatch - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 11:11 AM EDT
Is market risk higher today than at other times in recent years? Marketwatch's Mark Hulbert joins MoneyBeat has the answer and advises investors how to best navigate risk. Photo: Getty.
- Moving Average Crossover Alert: KCG Holdings (KCG) Zacks - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 8:38 AM EDT
Moving Average Crossover Alert: KCG Holdings (KCG)
- Chiquita Brands (CQB) is Overbought: Is A Drop Coming? Zacks - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 8:32 AM EDT
Chiquita Brands (CQB) is Overbought: Is A Drop Coming?
- Shorting ETFs: Profit Or Peril? @ Investopedia - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 4:00 AM EDT
Although more detail and attention may be needed, ETFs can be shorted - and at a great profit.
- 4 Misconceptions That Sink Emerging Market Investors @ Investopedia - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 4:00 AM EDT
As an emerging markets investor, there are some traps to be aware of. Learn what to watch out for.
- The Risks Of Investing In Emerging Markets @ Investopedia - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 4:00 AM EDT
In a volatile market, domestic investing can be risky. Many investors choose to look overseas for diversification - but that strategy comes with its own unique threats.
- S&P 500 ETFs: Market Weight Vs. Equal Weight @ Investopedia - Thu, Sep 18, 2014 4:00 AM EDT
Both indexes include the same stocks, but their weightings give them very different properties.
- Mondelez: An Example of a Great Brand Portfolio GuruFocus.com - Wed, Sep 17, 2014 12:51 PM EDT
In this article, let's take a look at Mondelez International, Inc. (MDLZ), a $59.66 billion market cap company which produces snack foods.
- 3 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks: LAMR, PAA, CHSP @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Sep 17, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
These 3 dividend stocks are rated a Buy by TheStreet
- Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks In The Top 3: HR, CTL, VTR @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Sep 17, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
These 3 dividend stocks are rated a Buy by TheStreet
- [$$] Fed Dims Emerging Markets' Allure @ The Wall Street Journal - Wed, Sep 17, 2014 10:09 AM EDT
Fears of higher U.S. interest rates are prompting fund managers to cut back on investments in emerging markets.
- How to Invest in Times of Unrest: Make Money Even As Turmoil Abounds @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Sep 17, 2014 9:33 AM EDT
Unrest in the Ukraine, Iraq and Israel may be causing jitters, but making changes to investments based on politics may cause more harm than good in the long run.
- The Shocking Admission of This Shuttered Hedge Fund Manager US News - Wed, Sep 17, 2014 9:30 AM EDT
It's no longer surprising when hedge funds close their doors. According to a website that tracks hedge fund "implosions," since late 2006, aptly-named The Hedge Fund Implode-O-Meter, at least 117 major funds at 71 fund families have shuttered. Nevertheless, the closing of Emrys Partners, a hedge fund launched just more …
- Tyler Tech, Randgold Resources, Best Buy, Amazon and Microsoft highlighted as Zacks Bull and Bear of … Zacks - Wed, Sep 17, 2014 7:48 AM EDT
Tyler Tech, Randgold Resources, Best Buy, Amazon and Microsoft highlighted as Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day
- Generation Z Are Social Security Cynics Who Ignore Stock Market @ TheStreet.com - Wed, Sep 17, 2014 7:41 AM EDT
TD Ameritrade says those 15 to 24 believe Social Security won't be there for them, and that they need cash for emergencies and to pay off debt.
- Trader vs Investment Banker: Which Job Is Best For You? @ Investopedia - Tue, Sep 16, 2014 9:01 PM EDT
Thinking of a career as an investment banker or a trader? Then you'd better know the difference!
- Who Benefits From Retirement Annuities @ Investopedia - Tue, Sep 16, 2014 5:25 PM EDT
Annuities guarantee some degree of fixed income in retirement. But is the security worth the fees and less favorable tax treatment? How to decide.
- When to Implement a Covered Call ETF Investment ETF Trends - Tue, Sep 16, 2014 4:18 PM EDT
As volatility picks up, exchange traded funds that track a covered call strategy may help investors diversify a portfolio and augment their income generation. On the recent webcast, Using Options to Maximize ...
- Stocks with Upgraded Broker Ratings Zacks - Tue, Sep 16, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
Kevin Matras explains why looking for stocks with upgraded broker ratings can upgrade your portfolio to a whole new level. Highlighted stocks include CAM, MU, AKRX, JLL and DTSI.
- Bond links: Is bond liquidity about to get worse? @ MarketWatch - Tue, Sep 16, 2014 2:33 PM EDT
In today’s bond linkfest, we have links to columns discussing difficulties in the corporate-bond market, another on whether or not junk bonds pose a threat to stocks, and more.