- This Market-Beating High-Dividend Stock Has 5 Straight Dividend Hikes And Goes Ex-Dividend Soon @ Seeking Alpha - 1 hour 16 minutes ago
As in our recent articles, we went back on the high dividend trail, looking for outperforming dividend stocks which have outperformed the S&P 500 so far in 2014 and have good prospects for future dividend ...
- Pepsi Has Increased Dividends For 42 Years, But Is It A Buy Right Now? @ Seeking Alpha - 5 hours ago
The last time I wrote about PepsiCo Inc. ( PEP ) I stated, "…normally it is for these reasons I would not layer into my position but because the stock is showing strong bullish technicals I'm going ...
- 1 Critical Thing Americans Need to Know About the Stock Market @ Motley Fool - 8 hours ago
While the stock market may seem scary, one fascinating reality from Warren Buffett proves why people need to put aside their fears and begin investing.
- Do You Have Good Debt or Bad Debt? @ Motley Fool - 10 hours ago
There are some types of borrowing that can be very good for you over the long run!
- KKR & Co.: Looks Can Be Deceiving @ Seeking Alpha - 12 hours ago
Alternative asset manager KKR & Co. ( KKR ) seems like it should be a great investment - the stock trades at a low P/E multiple, revenues have expanded rapidly in the last year, and shares have shown considerable ...
- JGWPT Holdings Will Test Investors' Stomachs But Should Ultimately Be A Good Investment @ Seeking Alpha - 12 hours ago
One unfortunate side effect of the rapid stock price rise and subdued volatility in 2013 and to a lesser extent 2012 is that many investors have forgotten that stocks carry a lot of volatility even if ...
- Rock-Tenn Looks Like A Rock Solid Investment @ Seeking Alpha - 13 hours ago
It's always a slippery slope doing research on a company around the time of their earnings call, but I couldn't help but dig deep into Rock-Tenn Co ( RKT ) and their financials when I saw the comparable ...
- [$$] After the Bulls Rush In @ Barrons.com - 17 hours ago
No longer dour, investors have engineered a performance improvement, too: The MSCI Emerging Markets Index has risen nearly 7% since mid-March. Start with the investment vehicle of choice, the easy in, easy out iShares MSCI Emerging Markets ETF (EEM).
- [$$] A Discount on Muni Funds @ The Wall Street Journal - 20 hours ago
Investor fears on interest rates and finances have held down prices for some closed-end funds that hold municipal bonds.
- [$$] Rob Arnott: Demographics Are the Markets' 800-Pound Gorilla @ Barrons.com - 21 hours ago
Rob Arnott, chairman and CEO of money manager Research Affiliates in Newport Beach, Calif., has serious academic credentials. A summa cum laude graduate of the University of California, Santa Barbara, he has written more than 100 academic articles and was editor of the prestigious Financial Analysts Journal from 2002 to …
- [$$] Expensive but Worth It: Google, Red Hat @ Barrons.com - 21 hours ago
Facebook (ticker: (FB) is down 14% during the past month, Netflix (NFLX) 18%, and Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) 10%. Meanwhile, Cisco Systems (CSCO), ExxonMobil (XOM), and Coca-Cola (KO) have all gained more than 5%. Last month we noted that the spread between the market's most expensive and cheapest stocks was the widest …
- Why investment-grade bond issuance last week beat expectations Market Realist - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 5:00 PM EDT
Investors willing to take a little higher risk than what they find in Treasuries, if they're in search of higher returns, can consider investing in investment-grade corporate bonds.
- 6 Ways You Can Live a Happy Financial Life @ Motley Fool - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 1:36 PM EDT
Evidence shows that it's the experiences in life that matter, and how precious our time is. These six keys, as identified by Happify, could help you live a happier -- and wealthier -- life.
- Advanced Micro Devices Set To Grow @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 12:07 PM EDT
Advanced micro Devices ( AMD ) has seen a lot of ups and downs over the last few months. However, the overall trend in the stock price has been positive during the period - the stock is up over 50% during ...
- Stop! What You Must Know Before Investing in These Funds @ Motley Fool - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 7:47 AM EDT
While their offerings can be tempting, the devil is in the details.
- What Exactly Is Risk: Part II @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 7:31 AM EDT
Today concludes our two-part feature that aims to define risk. Not being able to do so is a problem for both advisors and investors. Alternative Definition of Risk
- High Yielding Consolidated Edison Might Shock You If You Buy Shares Now @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:15 PM EDT
The last time I wrote about Consolidated Edison Inc. ( ED ) I stated, "Due to the expensive valuation on next year's earnings growth potential, bearish technicals, and the recent explosion, I'm not ...
- How Oscillators Can Show You If You’re Trading Against The Trend DailyFX - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:15 PM EDT
How Oscillators Can Show You If You’re Trading Against The Trend
- Why Robo-Advisors Aren't A Threat To Traditional Advisors Business Insider - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 7:43 PM EDT
FA Insights is a daily newsletter from Business...
- The Blackstone Group's CEO Discusses Q1 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 7:31 PM EDT
Stephen A. Schwarzman Thanks Joan. Good morning and thank you for joining our call. It’s been a terrific start to the year, as Joan told you and Tony earlier, with the record first quarter for both ENI ...
- The Case Against Stocks @ Barrons.com - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 6:51 PM EDT
While Forbes is being a bit cheeky with this number, the piece by William Baldwin, the magazine's former top editor, is a solid look at arguments against the stock market right now. Rather than make the bearish case himself, Baldwin hangs his argument mostly on the thinking of James Montier, an asset-allocation theorist …
- Unplanned Early Retirement, Part 1 - Strategy, Stability, And Moving Forward @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 6:28 PM EDT
This is the first of several articles I plan to write to show you exactly what I am doing to cope with an unexpected job loss after middle age, but before retirement age. Today's article is somewhat introductory. ...
- My CNBC ETF Portfolio One-Year Review @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 6:11 PM EDT
In this article, I will be conducting a one-year review of an article I wrote last year about improving an ETF portfolio constructed by CNBC last year for someone who was around 50 years old. The main ...
- International ETFs Showing Strength @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 5:38 PM EDT
By Matthew McCall Since hitting a high on April 4, the SPDR S&P 500 ETF ( SPY ) has fallen over two percent as the momentum stocks have succumb to profit-taking. The ETF breached the 50-day moving average ...
- Can Target Climb Higher? @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 3:13 PM EDT
Target stock has struggled to make significant progress but is currently moving higher.
- Income Is Always A Good Idea @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 3:12 PM EDT
By Jack Tierney, Head of Product Development, Management and Investment Research of Invesco Unit Trusts Mid-March 2014, and many market forecasts are already looking suspect. Most of the 2014 forecasts ...
- The Importance Of Non-Correlated Assets @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 3:00 PM EDT
Most investors invest their money with the long term goal of retirement investing in mind. Some undoubtedly have shorter term goals like a new house or paying for a child's college, but I'm willing to ...
- A Cannabis Stock Risk Management Tool @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 2:31 PM EDT
This is the fourth article in my article series on Cannabis Stocks. I intend to dig through all of the listed investment opportunities in the cannabis industry.
- Invest, Don't Trade: Lessons From The Tax Collector @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 12:39 PM EDT
We are currently still in tax season, and as such I find it useful on a regular basis to remind myself of the big cut that is taken out of my investments each year by federal capital gains taxes. It is ...
- [$$] Netflix Reels In the Bulls @ Barrons.com - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 12:23 PM EDT
A funny thing is happening to Netflix ahead of Monday's upcoming earnings report. Some investors are buying bullish options in anticipation of a rally. In the past month, Netflix (NFLX) stock plunged 20% as investors dumped momentum stocks and began fretting that sky-high valuations were not sustainable. Netflix trades …
- Is Zoe's Kitchen a Hot Hors d'oeuvre? @ Motley Fool - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 12:02 PM EDT
Shares of Zoe's Kitchen served up a hot helping of share price appreciation on its first day of trading. Can the Mediterranean-style fast-casual chain keep cooking up a soaring share price or is the business ...
- 3 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: ESV, HCN, TWO @ TheStreet.com - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:30 AM EDT
These 3 dividend stocks are rated a Hold by TheStreet
- Home Depot Will Spruce Up Your Home And Portfolio With Excellent Dividends @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 10:15 AM EDT
The last time I wrote about The Home Depot, Inc. ( HD ) I stated, "What troubles me for now is that the stock is fairly valued, the dividend is too tiny to make me hide out in this name, and the bearish ...
- Falling Earnings Estimates Signal Weakness Ahead for UTi Worlwide (UTIW) Zacks - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 7:11 AM EDT
UTi Worldwide has seen negative earnings estimate revisions for the current quarter along with a significant decline in its share price for the past month
- Does Your Portfolio Need a 'Succession Plan'? @ Morningstar - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
Even dedicated do-it-yourselfers should follow these key steps.
- Falling Earnings Estimates Signal Weakness Ahead for Exar Corp. (EXAR) Zacks - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 6:58 AM EDT
A stock that investors may want to consider dropping is Exar Corp. (EXAR)
- What Falling Estimates & Price Mean for Discovery Laboratories (DSCO) Zacks - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 6:51 AM EDT
A stock that investors may want to consider dropping is Discovery Laboratories Inc. (DSCO)
- Americans See Real Estate as Best Long-Term Investment @ 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 6:47 AM EDT
In another sign that the housing crisis has ended and that home sales and home prices have recovered, people view real estate as the best long-term investment they can have. According to a new poll from ...
- 'Fast Money' Recap: Is Google Now a Buy? @ TheStreet.com - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 5:00 AM EDT
The trading panel discussed earnings of Google and IBM and whether investors should jump in now.
- Which telco should you own? @ Motley Fool - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 2:06 AM EDT
The industry is booming. Don’t miss out on your chance to grab a hold of these 3 great stocks.
- 5 health care stocks to supercharge your portfolio @ Motley Fool - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 8:04 PM EDT
The health sector is a growth investor’s dream.
- [$$] Energy Stocks Are Strong, but Not Much Else @ Barrons.com - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 7:26 PM EDT
Right now, a short-term moving average system called a "bowtie" identifies which sectors are holding up best, making them top candidates to buy if the market decides to build on this week's bullish turnaround. Dave Landry, a full-time trader and proprietor of the analysis site DaveLandry.com, developed the bowtie system …
- Diversification or "Diworsification"? @ Motley Fool - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 7:02 PM EDT
If you hold growth stocks and they perform well, how do you know when it's time to rebalance those gains into some other holdings?
- Gambling Stocks: The Winning Way to Profit From Casinos @ Motley Fool - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 6:16 PM EDT
Some gambling stocks offer sizable dividends, too.
- 3 High Yield Alternative Income ETFs @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 6:12 PM EDT
Income investors that have sought out alternatives to traditional dividend paying equities and fixed-income have largely been rewarded this year. The combination of higher yields and non-correlated returns ...
- Every Portfolio Has Faith @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 5:21 PM EDT
At Smead Capital Management, we believe that everyone who invests has faith in someone or something. We also believe that whom and what you put your faith into is greatly influenced by the time period ...
- How To Identify Your Dividend Investment Goals @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 4:22 PM EDT
You have saved up some money after working hard for many years, and now you have decided to put it to work. You see hundreds of articles on investing online, and hundreds of strategies that promise you ...
- The all-rounder's portfolio @ Motley Fool - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 3:21 PM EDT
Growth, income and safety. This is the one with it all.
- Biotech: Where the Rubber Meets the Road @ Minyanville - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 3:17 PM EDT
High-quality biotech stocks may be forming a durable bottom.
- [$$] Goldman: Buy Amazon @ Barrons.com - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 2:06 PM EDT
Goldman Sachs is so bullish on Amazon.com that it is telling clients to buy Amazon's (AMZN) bullish calls in anticipation the stock surges in reaction to the release of first-quarter earnings on April 24. With the stock at $316.80, Goldman is advising clients to buy the May $320 call for $14.70. Goldman's conviction on …