- Tune In To TechCrunch Radio On Sirius XM 102 Indie Tonight @ TechCrunch - 24 minutes ago
TIL that Sirius XM offers a one-month free trial. Coincidentally, TechCrunch Radio runs for four more weeks for one hour every Tuesday night, starting tonight. So, if, perchance, you were interested in listening in to the show, you could get in on that free trial action from Sirius and follow along with John Biggs and I …
- PRSS Digital Magazine Platform Acquired By Apple @ TechCrunch - 24 minutes ago
Apple has acquired Dutch digital magazine startup Prss, a platform that makes it easy to create iPad-compatible magazines using tools that don’t require any knowledge of code. The company is essentially a magazine-focused version of iBooks Author, and the deal could mean better native publishing tools for digital periodicals.The …
- Video: Cirque du Soleil Does Its Thing… With Drones @ TechCrunch - 24 minutes ago
Cirque du Soleil is known for doing incredible things with the human body. Now it’s doing incredible things with quadcopters.In a collaboration with the University of Zurich and Canadian production house Verity Studios, Cirque has gussied up a brigade of drones to look like lampshades floating about their creator’s workshop. …
- EM ASIA FX-Baht, Philippine peso dip; yuan edges up Reuters - 40 minutes ago
Sept 24 (Reuters) - The following table shows rates for Asian currencies against the dollar at 0135 GMT. CURRENCIES VS U.S. DOLLAR Change on the day at 0135 GMT Currency Latest bid Previous day Pct Move ...
- Japan September flash manufacturing PMI falls to 51.7, output at six-month high Reuters - 43 minutes ago
Japanese manufacturing activity eased slightly in September but output rose at the fastest pace in six months, a preliminary survey showed on Wednesday, suggesting industrial production is stabilising after a sharp slump in demand following a sales tax increase in April. The Markit/JMMA flash Japan Manufacturing Purchasing …
- The Bendable iPhone 6 Plus May Be Too Thin For Its Own Good @ Forbes - 59 minutes ago
The fact that the iPhone 6 Plus has a third more surface area than the 6 but only an extra 3% of thickness should have been a clue that it could have significant structural weaknesses.
- 8 Ways to Pay Less for Baby-Sitting Money Talks News - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
For instance, at gyms it’s included in your membership fee so you can exercise, not so you can drop off your children five days a week and work on your memoir instead. While drop-in child care at the gym might be flexible with pickup times, be respectful of workers who are providing care for a specific reason. For example, …
- Singapore Spicy-Crab Restaurant Chain Jumbo Said to Prepare IPO @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 15 minutes ago
Jumbo Group, the Singapore restaurant chain known for its chili and black pepper crabs, plans to sell shares in an initial public offering next year, according to a person with knowledge of the matter. Jumbo, led by Chief Executive Officer Ang Kiam Meng, was founded in 1987 and operates restaurants serving a range of cuisines …
- People Who Won't Take Vacations @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
Work & Family Mailbox: Some high achievers, usually executives or professionals, are so energized and inspired by their work that they dislike taking time off.
- [$$] Possible Revival Seen in U.K. IPO Market After Summer Lull @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
Three U.K. initial public offerings announced in two days heralds the revival of the country's listings market after a summer lull. But some big investors say their appetite for new share issues remains ...
- [$$] German Prosecutors Charge Deutsche Bank Executive @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 19 minutes ago
German prosecutors pressed charges against Deutsche Bank co-Chief Executive Jürgen Fitschen and former board members over alleged false court testimony.
- [$$] Hyundai Motor Workers Walk Off Job to Protest Gangnam Land Purchase @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 19 minutes ago
More than three-quarters of the workforce of Hyundai Motor walked off the job to highlight stalled contract talks and the company's $10 billion land purchase that is becoming a flash point for corporate-governance ...
- [$$] Oracle Pays Larry Ellison $67.3 Million for Final Full Year as CEO @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 19 minutes ago
Oracle paid Larry Ellison, who vacated the chief executive post last week, $67.3 million for his final full year in the job, the company said.
- [$$] Foreign Entrepreneurs Face Israeli Immigration Hurdles @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 19 minutes ago
Foreign entrepreneurs are setting their sights on Tel Aviv as a global tech hub but have to contend with Israel's tight immigration rules, which can make getting a work visa extremely difficult.
- [$$] The Gallic Shrug on an Epic Scale @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 20 minutes ago
Reform won't happen if the French keep electing status-quo candidates.
- [$$] CORRECTION @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 20 minutes ago
Edith Hall uses the term "polis" four times in "Introducing the Ancient Greeks." A review of the book ("The Wisdom of Our Ancestors," June 24) incorrectly asserted that she ...
- [$$] China Invites More Uighur Unrest @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 20 minutes ago
China courts more Uighur violence by sentencing a moderate critic to life in prison.
- [$$] Italian Tax Police Freeze Assets of Russian Oligarchs @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 21 minutes ago
Italy's tax police have frozen real-estate assets worth €30 million owned by two Russian oligarchs, the first case of European Union sanctions stemming from the Ukrainian crisis applied in the country
- [$$] Pakistan Plans to Sell Stake in Oil & Gas Development @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 21 minutes ago
Pakistan plans to raise some $800 million from selling a stake in state-owned Oil & Gas Development Co. Ltd., in the country's biggest share sale in eight years.
- [$$] Hamas Suspects in Slaying of Israeli Teens Killed @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 21 minutes ago
Two men believed to have been responsible for the kidnapping and murder of three Israeli teens in June have been killed in Hebron by Israeli special forces.
- How The Power Of The Masses Drives The Market @ Investopedia - 1 hour 27 minutes ago
Market psychology is an undeniably powerful force. Find out what you can do about it.
- A Simple Overview Of Quantitative Analysis @ Investopedia - 1 hour 27 minutes ago
All of the potential highs, lows, and sentiments associated with investing can overshadow the ultimate goal—making money. The “quantitative” approach to investing seeks to pay attention to the numbers ...
- Fibonacci And The Golden Ratio @ Investopedia - 1 hour 27 minutes ago
Discover how this amazing ratio, revealed in countless proportions throughout nature, applies to the financial markets.
- Air France strikes hint at bad news for Malaysia Air @ CNBC - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
Malaysia Airlines can't seem to catch a break, as even Air France's nine-day old strike doesn't appear to be sending many passengers its way.
- PRESS DIGEST- Financial Times - Sept 24 Reuters - 1 hour 32 minutes ago
The following are the top stories in the Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy. Headlines RBS FORCED TO CUT PRICE OF CITIZENS IPO AIRBUS TO PACK ...
- [video] Starbucks to Buy Rest of Japanese Unit for $913.5M @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 56 minutes ago
Sept. 24 (Bloomberg) -- Bloomberg's Rosalind Chin reports on Starbucks, the world's largest coffee-shop chain, agreeing to buy the remaining 61% of its Japanese operations for $913.5M. She speaks to Angie ...
- MALAYSIA PRESS-Tenaga, 1MDB in $1.85 bln power deal in Bangladesh-The Star Reuters - 1 hour 59 minutes ago
KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 24 (Reuters) - http://bit.ly/1sWJrAo ---- NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy.
- [video] The Ebola Fight: What's Not Being Done @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 3 minutes ago
Sept. 23 (Bloomberg) -- Laurie Garrett, senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations, discusses the efforts to stop Ebola's march across Africa. She speaks with Pimm Fox on "Taking Stock." ...
- Japan Shares Fall as Yen Gains Amid Middle East Conflict @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 20 minutes ago
Japanese shares fell, with the Topix (TPX) index declining for a second time this week after a holiday yesterday, as the yen rose amid escalating conflict in the Middle East and following declines in U.S. ...
- [$$] Australian Coal Companies Cut Jobs @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 20 minutes ago
Several of Australia's largest coal companies are intensifying job cutbacks, despite signs of an upturn for the commodity.
- [$$] Tesco's New CFO to Join Early @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 22 minutes ago
Tesco said its new chief financial officer will start work several months ahead of schedule as the U.K. retailer begins an investigation into a $410 million misstatement in its accounts.
- Yen rises after Abe reportedly says watching impact of yen weakness Reuters - 2 hours 27 minutes ago
The dollar fell to as low as 108.46 yen from around 108.75 yen on Wednesday after the Jiji news service reported Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe saying he would carefully watch the impact of the yen's ...
- BofA Peeks Inside Venezuela’s Gold Valut for Closer Look @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 28 minutes ago
Francisco Rodriguez, an economist with Bank of America Corp., was at a routine meeting with Venezuelan central bank officials last week when he sprung an unusual question on them: Can you show me your gold ? With the government’s bonds sinking toward prices that indicate investors are bracing for the possibility of default, …
- Bloomberg Best: From Our Bureaus Worldwide - Sept. 23 (Audio) @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 30 minutes ago
Hosts Catherine Cowdery and Charlie Pellett feature the best stories of the day from Bloomberg Radio, Bloomberg Television, and over 150 Bloomberg News bureaus around the world on Bloomberg Radio’s Bloomberg ...
- Akeneo Raises $2.3 Million To Replace Excel For Catalog Management @ TechCrunch - 2 hours 34 minutes ago
It currently takes more than four months for a famous luxury company based in Paris to put new collection items on its website. It’s a nightmare for multiple people who have to fight with Excel to add all the relevant data. And before you know it, the next collection is already there.This is where Akeneo comes along. Akeneo …
- USD/JPY Technical Analysis: Yen Recovery Tipped Ahead DailyFX - 2 hours 37 minutes ago
USD/JPY Technical Analysis: Yen Recovery Tipped Ahead
- It's Time For Microsoft To Kill Any Global Ambitions For Windows Phone @ Forbes - 2 hours 48 minutes ago
In the rush of the iPhone 6 and new Android devices, you might have forgotten all about Windows Phone and Microsoft's promise to become "the third ecosystem". Now is the time for CEO Satya Nadella to take decisive action over Microsoft's mobile plans and stop thinking that Windows Phone can be a major smartphone player …
- At Tesco, very little helps @ Financial Times - 2 hours 52 minutes ago
Sir, At Tesco, very little helps. Mr Hywel Rees, Reading, UK
- Apple Bought A Company That Helps You Make iPad Magazines Business Insider - 3 hours ago
Apple has acquired Prss, a Dutch digital...
- Pfizer approaches Actavis to gauge interest in deal - Bloomberg Reuters - 3 hours ago
The companies are not currently in formal talks and Pfizer has not made an offer, the Bloomberg report said. Pfizer in May abandoned its attempt to buy British drugmaker AstraZeneca Plc for nearly 70 billion pounds. Actavis, which has a market capitalization of about $63 billion (38.4 billion pounds), obtained an Irish …
- Big company director pay: $240,000 a year @ USA TODAY - 3 hours ago
Best part-time gig in Corporate America? Directorships, now paying $240K.
- USD/CHF Technical Analysis: Topping Above 0.94 Figure? DailyFX - 3 hours ago
USD/CHF Technical Analysis: Topping Above 0.94 Figure?
- How EE's helping Wembley to become the most connected stadium in the world @ Engadget - 3 hours ago
With 90,000 seats, Wembley Stadium is the largest stadium in the UK and second biggest in Europe. Demolished in 2003, rebuilt and then re-opened in 2007, the £798 million arena has played home to domestic ...
- New Zealand Dollar Spikes After Better-Than-Expected Trade Data DailyFX - 3 hours ago
New Zealand Dollar Spikes After Better-Than-Expected Trade Data
- [video] Antwerp Diamond Trading Power Hurt by Bank Exit: Gemdax @ Bloomberg - 3 hours ago
Sept. 23 (Bloomberg) -- Anish Aggarwal, a partner at Antwerp-based industry consulting firm Gemdax, comments on the exit of Antwerp Diamond Bank. He speaks with Bloomberg's Andrew Clapham. (Source: Bloomberg)...
- Arm launches latest chip to power the internet of things @ Financial Times - 3 hours ago
Arm Holdings is making its biggest push yet into the so-called "internet of things", releasing a chip designed for connected home appliances and wearable products, as the UK technology company ...
- ARM Holdings unveils new processor for connected homes, factories Reuters - 3 hours ago
ARM Holdings unveiled a new chip design on Tuesday suited for factory automation, cars and home security systems, underscoring the company's focus on a growing wave of Internet-connected industrial and household devices. Cambridge, England-based ARM licenses its processor technology to chipmakers across the smartphone …
- Lancashire to Sell First Cricket Bonds to Fund Expansion @ Bloomberg - 3 hours ago
Lancashire Country Cricket Club is seeking to raise 3 million pounds ($4.9 million) by selling bonds to individual investors to help pay for a hotel at its Old Trafford ground in Manchester. The club had record operating profit of 3.54 million pounds in 2013, it said.
- USD/CAD Technical Analysis: September Top in the Crosshairs DailyFX - 3 hours ago
USD/CAD Technical Analysis: September Top in the Crosshairs
- [video] Varela Will Seek to Raise Panama Deficit Limit (Spanish) @ Bloomberg - 3 hours ago
Sept. 23 (Bloomberg) -- Panamanian President Juan Carlos Varela talks about his plan to ask Congress for authorization to raise the budget deficit limit to 3.7 percent of gross domestic product from 2.7 ...