- Max Levchin’s latest: Homer, a creepily intimate look at what apps your friends use @ Gigaom - 10 minutes ago
Max Levchin's latest product, Homer, lets you see your friends' phone screens to discover new apps. It also unwittingly provides a fascinating window into their lives.
- Formula One billionaire's daughter shops the Manor at $150 million @ Los Angeles Times - 11 minutes ago
The Manor, the former Candy and Aaron Spelling estate that British heiress Petra Ecclestone bought before her marriage in 2011 for $85 million, is being shown privately at an asking price of $150 million....
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash Reuters - 14 minutes ago
* President Hollande says no survivors in crash * One black box flight recorder has been retrieved * French soldiers secure crash site, recover bodies * Graphic of site: http://link.reuters.com/wyf52w (Adds details on president's crash site visit, air safety body)
- Lithia, Asbury Automotive Lead Surge In Auto Sellers @ Investor's Business Daily - 36 minutes ago
Auto retailers are thriving as low interest rates and an aged vehicle fleet spur demand for new and used cars. The Retail/Wholesale-Auto group has jumped to No. 6 out of 197, up from No. 57 just six weeks ...
- [$$] Safeway Shareholders OK Albertsons Merger @ The Wall Street Journal - 40 minutes ago
Safeway Inc.'s shareholders have approved a planned merger with Albertsons, part of a group led by private-equity firm Cerberus Capital Management LP., the company said Friday.
- [$$] RBS Surges on Operating Profit @ The Wall Street Journal - 48 minutes ago
Royal Bank of Scotland Group's shares surged as much as 15% as the lender posted a big rise in operating profit for the quarter.
- Nasdaq stocks posting largest volume increases Associated Press - 1 hour 0 minutes ago
A look at the 10 biggest volume gainers on Nasdaq at the close of trading: Aquasition Corp. : Approximately 99,200 shares changed hands, a 2,021.5 percent increase over its 65-day average volume. The shares ...
- Colombia’s Neutral Interest Rate Has Probably Fallen, Uribe Says @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 1 minute ago
Colombia’s neutral interest rate , which neither stimulates nor curbs growth, is probably lower than it was before the global financial crisis, central bank Governor Jose Dario Uribe said, as the bank pares back its expansive monetary policy to ease pressure on inflation. The neutral level has fallen “in part because a …
- Indonesian ETF Drops as Prabowo Files Election Appeal @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
Indonesia’s stocks and currency declined after former general Prabowo Subianto filed an appeal contesting an official count declaring he lost this month’s presidential election. The Jakarta Composite Index (JCI) slipped 0.2 percent to 5,088.80 before the court filing was announced. Prabowo submitted a suit to the Constitutional …
- This Week On Estimize Podcast 7/25/14 @ Seeking Alpha - 1 hour 9 minutes ago
We are proud to introduce our first ever “This Week on Estimize” Podcast. In our new weekly Friday podcast series, we will be reviewing financial news from the week at hand and breaking down the biggest ...
- Will Eastman Chemical (EMN) Keep the Earnings Streak Alive? Zacks - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
Eastman Chemical (EMN) is set to release its second-quarter 2014 results after the close on Jul 28.
- The 5 Myths of Mastering Profit Margins Entrepreneur - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
- Moody's raises rating on Portugal's government bond Reuters - 1 hour 13 minutes ago
Moody's Investor Service raised Portugal's government bond rating on Friday to "Ba1" from "Ba2", on expectations that the country's fiscal consolidation will remain on track. Portugal's highest court in May struck down several budget measures, including some public sector salary cuts, creating a fiscal gap of about 700 …
- 5 Cool New Tech Tools Trending This Week @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
Check out these new apps, websites, and tech products that you may have missed this week.
- Legg Mason Acquires UK's Martin Currie, Financials Undisclosed Zacks - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
On Thursday, Baltimore-based Legg Mason, Inc. (LM) announced the acquisition of UK-based international equity specialist firm Martin Currie. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- Say that again? @ Financial Times - 1 hour 26 minutes ago
From Mr Steve Lemon. Sir, Surely the euphemism of the week must be attributed to the EasyJet CEO, in your report "EasyJet profit forecasts fall short of expectations" (July 25): " 'We are ...
- Will Cummins Inc.'s (CMI) Surprise This Earnings Season? Zacks - 1 hour 27 minutes ago
Cummins Inc. (CMI) is set to report second-quarter 2014 results on Jul 28, 2014
- ‘The Imitation Game’ Gets a Trailer Amid Rising Oscar Buzz @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 1 hour 35 minutes ago
The first trailer for the Alan Turing biopic 'The Imitation Game' hit the internet this week, giving viewers their first look at one of the fall's biggest films.
- Where Does the Stock Market Go From Here Next Week? @ TheStreet.com - 1 hour 36 minutes ago
The stock market had a selloff Friday on increased volume.
- Liberty Global Offers Concessions for Ziggo Deal Zacks - 1 hour 37 minutes ago
Liberty Global plc. (LBTYA) recently offered some concessions to ward off anti-trust regulatory body.
- [video] Mauá's Figueiredo on Central Bank Monetary Policy @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 38 minutes ago
July 25 (Bloomberg) -- Luiz Fernando Figueiredo, partner at Mauá Sekular Investimentos, talks about Banco Central do Brasil's measures to ease reserve requirements and Brazil's economic outlook. He speaks ...
- China's Baidu: A Breakout From A Cup With Two Handles @ Investor's Business Daily - 1 hour 39 minutes ago
While markets in many parts of the world floundered for direction, it was, overall, a very good week in China. The Shanghai Composite flexed up 3.2%, helped along by some strong data points -- including ...
- Does Coach's Steep Decline Represent a Long-Term Opportunity or Should Investors Avoid It at All Cos … @ Motley Fool - 1 hour 40 minutes ago
Coach has watched its stock get creamed in 2014, but could a strong fourth-quarter earnings report turn things around?
- [$$] Moody's Raises Portugal's Credit Rating @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 43 minutes ago
Moody's Investors Service upgraded Portugal's credit rating by one notch to Ba1, citing the country's improved fiscal condition and an expected, continued gradual reduction in the country's very high public ...
- Last, Not Least In CAN SLIM: The M is For Market Direction Investor's Business Daily - 1 hour 49 minutes ago
Investing is an intense pursuit, one in which a disciplined, laserlike focus often pays off. But a tight focus also means risking large areas of omission. IBD's CAN SLIM investing strategy is designed ...
- 10 terms you need to know if you ever plan to retire Credit.com - 1 hour 56 minutes ago
- CANADA STOCKS-Gold miners, banks push TSX to record close Reuters - 1 hour 57 minutes ago
With the Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index still relatively underperforming U.S. indices, investors are confident that economic fundamentals underpin the rally, despite worries of a pullback. "In the grand scheme of things I'm fairly comfortable with valuations," said Marcus Xu, a portfolio manager at MY …
- Changes In The Japanese Ministry Of Finance To Weaken Yen? @ Seeking Alpha - 2 hours 3 minutes ago
The downing of the Malaysian jet over the Ukraine last week resulted in safe haven seekers, causing the JPY to appreciate to 101.14. After the one day flurry, the yen then weakened to about 101.90. Quickly ...
- Will Tenneco (TEN) Miss Earnings This Season? Zacks - 2 hours 7 minutes ago
Tenneco Inc. (TEN) is set to report second-quarter 2014 results on Jul 28, 2014.
- Expedia, Priceline Upping The Ante In China, Asia @ Investor's Business Daily - 2 hours 9 minutes ago
It's often hard to tell what key players will do in today's fast-changing online travel markets, but one trend is clear: Big U.S. online travel agencies like Expedia and Priceline are keen on expanding ...
- How Long Can High Dividend Growth Last? @ Seeking Alpha - 2 hours 10 minutes ago
A commenter on my most recent article wrote: "(NYSE: BDX ) will likely provide more dividend income that (NYSE: T ) will in 15 years and then forever after that."
- Why You Should Get a Taste of PepsiCo Stock @ Wall St. Cheat Sheet - 2 hours 11 minutes ago
PepsiCo has been a very strong performer thus far in 2014 with shares rising 10 percent.
- Can Back-to-School Season Lift Target (TGT), Staples (SPLS)? Zacks - 2 hours 12 minutes ago
The back-to-school season is regarded as one of the important sales season for the U.S. retailing companies just next to Christmas holiday.
- Why hybrid cloud is considered the future of cloud computing Market Realist - 2 hours 12 minutes ago
A hybrid model enables the organizations to derive maximum benefit from their cloud infrastructure.
- Goldman sees 10-year Treasury yield at 3% in six months @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 15 minutes ago
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Government bond yields will rise in the coming year, with the 10-year U.S. Treasury note yield touching 3% within six months, according to a report by Goldman Sachs on Friday. ...
- Strength In Infrastructure, Broadband And Connectivity Solutions Will Drive Broadcom's Future Growth @ Seeking Alpha - 2 hours 19 minutes ago
Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM ) reported its Q2 2014 earnings on July 22, as we noted in our recent post view. Today we are going to take a deeper look at future trends. At $2.04 billion, revenue was near the ...
- Holding onto the triple play: How costs, caps and contracts will keep ISPs flush @ Gigaom - 2 hours 23 minutes ago
Many ISPs will see an erosion of their pay TV subscribers as broadband provide more entertainment options. ISPs know this, and here's how they plan to stay in business while the market shifts.
- Maxim Drops 11%: Maxim Cuts to Hold, Hedgeye Says Stay Course @ Barrons.com - 2 hours 24 minutes ago
Shares of Maxim Integrated Products (MXIM) are down $3.68, or 11.2%, at $29.25, after the company yesterday afternoon missed analysts' fiscal Q4 expectations and forecast results this quarter well below consensus, but also raised its dividend payout. Revenue in the three months ended in June rose 6%, year over year, to …
- Portugal -- Moody's upgrades Portugal's government bond rating to Ba1 and assigns stable outlook @ Moody's - 2 hours 34 minutes ago
London, 25 July 2014-- Moody's Investors Service has today upgraded Portugal's government bond rating to Ba1 from Ba2. The outlook on the rating is now stable. Portugal's short-term debt rating remains ...
- Vertical Integration @ Investopedia - 2 hours 37 minutes ago
Vertical integration occurs when a company buys and controls other businesses along its supply chain.
- Mary Poppins won't work for minimum wage CNNMoney.com - 2 hours 40 minutes ago
You'd think magical powers would entitle Mary Poppins to more than $7.25 an hour. But in a parody from Funny or Die, the Disney character (played by Kristin Bell) is quitting her job because that's all ...
- [video] Drone Footage Shows Air Algerie Crash Site in Mali @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 45 minutes ago
Burkina Faso's military on Friday released drone footage of the crash site of Air Algerie Flight 5017 in a remote region of northern Mali. French President Francois Hollande announced that the crash had ...
- [video] David Gregory: Europe must step up @ CNBC - 2 hours 47 minutes ago
"Meet the Press" moderator David Gregory weighs in on the escalating violence between Russia and Ukraine.
- Time to Play China?s Semi-Hot Real-Estate Market? @ Fox Business - 2 hours 48 minutes ago
Can E-House China Holdings Ltd and InterMune make you money?
- Stocks drop as Amazon and other earnings report disappoint @ CNNMoney.com - 2 hours 50 minutes ago
Investors will have to wait until next week to see if the S&P 500 can finally top 2,000. Stocks fell broadly on Friday. The S&P finished the day down about 0.5% The Dow fell almost 130 points, or more ...
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX hits record closing high; up 1.2 pct in record week Reuters - 2 hours 54 minutes ago
Canada's main stock index gained again on Friday to end at a record closing high, helped by gold miners and banks, giving it a 1.2 percent boost in a week that saw multiple all-time highs reached. The ...
- [video] The European Deal Shoring Up Murdoch's War Chest @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 55 minutes ago
July 25 (Bloomberg) -- Rupert Murdoch and his son James have spent years cobbling together a pay-TV empire stretching from Manchester to Munich to Milan, but the family’s ambition of bringing it all under ...
- 10-year Treasury yield falls for third straight week @ MarketWatch - 2 hours 55 minutes ago
Treasury prices rise as components within a report on durable goods orders come in weak.
- [$$] Dutch-Led Mission Preparing to Access Malaysia Airlines Crash Site @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
More than a week after Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was downed over eastern Ukraine, accident investigators are preparing to access the crash site for the first time in the coming days.
- U.S. stocks fall; Dow weekly loss biggest in 6 weeks @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
The Dow Jones Industrial Average dipped below 17,000 on Friday and recorded the biggest weekly decline in six weeks, weighed down by disappointing earnings.