- Irish tax haul jumps, signals kinder 2015 budget Associated Press - 15 minutes ago
DUBLIN (AP) — Ireland's tax collections are beating targets and have put the country on course to achieve normal deficit levels after six years of austerity, the government announced Tuesday.
- Credit Suisse says is investigating allegations of trader misconduct Reuters - 22 minutes ago
- Mexico plans $9.2B airport project for capital Associated Press - 26 minutes ago
- Pakistan Parties Back Sharif as Khan Protests Lose Energy @ Bloomberg - 28 minutes ago
Pakistani political parties stood behind Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in a joint session of parliament and a leader of the two-week-old demonstrations against the government quit, indicating the movement to oust Sharif may be waning. Opposition party leaders criticized Sharif’s style, policies and the conduct of the nation’s …
- Do Unique Titles Change the Way We See Job Roles? Entrepreneur - 28 minutes ago
- iPhone 6 Case Makers Are Going All In On The Rumors Business Insider - 31 minutes ago
The iPhone 6 doesn't come out for another week...
- [video] Cat Burglar or Cat? Security Cam Sees a Difference @ MarketWatch - 32 minutes ago
The new Simplicam do-it-yourself security camera claims it can only send alerts when it sees a human face. Personal Tech columnist Geoffrey Fowler puts it to the test with a cat.
- Microsoft Accidentally Teases Windows 9, Quickly Deletes Post Entrepreneur - 32 minutes ago
- Hugo Boss says Permira to place 11.2 percent Hugo Boss stake Reuters - 35 minutes ago
- Home Depot Hack Attack News – Do Not Forget FireEye and Lowe’s @ 24/7 Wall St. - 35 minutes ago
The Home Depot, Inc. (NYSE: HD) has reportedly become the next target of another cyber-attack with credit and/or debit card information being stolen. The site KrebsOnSecurity showed that multiple banks ...
- Chile: Deep, Protracted Economic Deceleration? @ Barrons.com - 37 minutes ago
Chile announced an economic stimulus package Monday that speaks to a deceleration that is proving to be worse and lengthier than expect. Pres. Michelle Bachelet announcd a six-plank package, described ...
- Scots polls tighten and markets get nervous @ Financial Times - 40 minutes ago
The prospect of a close vote on Scottish independence sent jitters through the City of London on Tuesday, as markets reacted for the first time to what one senior banker called "the unfathomable levels ...
- Your first trade for Wednesday @ CNBC - 41 minutes ago
The "Fast Money" traders share their final trades of the day.
- Glaxo Up on Accelerated Ebola Vaccine Development Process Zacks - 48 minutes ago
Glaxo's Ebola vaccine development process has been fast-tracked by an international consortium.
- APPLE STATEMENT ON CELEBRITY HACKING: Our Systems Weren't Breached Business Insider - 52 minutes ago
Apple has issued a statement about the 100+...
- Goodbye, Google Enterprise; hello, Google for Work @ Gigaom - 55 minutes ago
The Google rebranding is meant to advance the notion that users use the same tools at home and on the job. But another factor could be that Microsoft still reigns supreme in "enterprise" accounts....
- India's Modi Passes 100-Day Stocks Test: Chart of the Day @ Bloomberg - 57 minutes ago
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi is getting an above-average grade from stock investors after his first 100 days in office. The CHART OF THE DAY shows the nation’s S&P BSE Sensex index has climbed 9.3 percent to a record since Modi was sworn in on May 26, after winning the nation’s biggest election victory in three …
- Stellar Start for a China ETF ETF Trends - 58 minutes ago
Not all new exchange traded funds garner the benefit of good timing. The db X-trackers Harvest MSCI All China Equity Fund (NYSEArca: CN) is a prime example of a new ETF with a well-timed launch. CN debuted ...
- [$$] Novo's Comeback Hinges on Regulators @ The Wall Street Journal - 58 minutes ago
After a troubled 2013, the Danish company's valuation already prices in a return to form for the diabetes specialist.
- 10 stocks hard at work during summer vacation @ CNBC - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
As Wall Street returns back to work, these S&P 500 stocks were busy all summer making big returns in investors' portfolios.
- [audio] Newscast: Home Depot probing potential data breach @ MarketWatch - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
Stocks mixed. Home Depot says it might have been hacked. Adrienne Mitchell reports.
- Preview Android’s new look with these Google-approved apps @ Gigaom - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
Google updated its Beautiful Design collection, a list of selected apps on Google Play with a focus on design details. This batch features several apps that are already sporting UI elements from Google's ...
- U.S. Open: Roger Federer Is the Greatest…At Signing Autographs @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
The Count broke out the stopwatch to tally how long top players have spent signing autographs after winning their matches at this year's U.S. Open. The winner? Roger Federer.
- [$$] Barclays' Spanish Sale Doesn't Speed Its Restructuring @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
The U.K. bank has quit the Spanish market, cutting a big chunk out of its non-core assets. It should be using this sale to be more aggressive on its targets.
- [$$] Overheard: Adjusting the Books @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
Grains of salt should spill when investors read a company's unaudited results. Singapore's top auditing body, the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority, has attempted to answer how much salt.
- [$$] Barclays Scales Back in Spain With Caixabank Deal @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
Barclays has agreed to sell its retail banking division in Spain to Caixabank as the British bank scales back its presence in less-profitable markets.
- Ruble Hits New Record Low Against Dollar as Ukraine Fighting Continues @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
The Russian ruble hit a fresh record low against the dollar, burdened by continued fighting in Ukraine over the weekend.
- [$$] China Gives Microsoft 20 Days to Explain Problems @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 9 minutes ago
China has given Microsoft 20 days to provide a written explanation of what was described as problems with compatibility and bundling, adding pressure on the company amid an antitrust investigation.
- [$$] Nigeria Reports One New Ebola Case @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 10 minutes ago
Nigerian officials in the city of Port Harcourt are seeing the number of Ebola cases rise slightly, the country's health minister said on Monday
- [$$] Beijing Abandons Pragmatism on Hong Kong @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 10 minutes ago
China's World: Deng Xiaoping understood Hong Kong's distrust of Communism and let the city keep its British-style courts and administration. Today's Chinese leadership shows far less inclination for such ...
- Moody's updates on Arianna SPV S.r.l. following amendments to some transaction documents @ Moody's - 1 hour 10 minutes ago
Frankfurt am Main, September 02, 2014-- Moody's Investors Service stated today that amendments to some transaction documents of Arianna SPV S.r.l. will not in and of itself and at this time result in a ...
- [$$] Tale of British Jihadists Shows Risks for West @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 10 minutes ago
The saga of two Birmingham friends underscores the hurdles that face Western intelligence agencies as they scramble to curb the number of young, Western-born men traveling to Syria and Iraq to wage jihad....
- [$$] Ukraine Suffers Harsh Defeat in Eastern Town @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 10 minutes ago
Crushing loss at the hands of Russian forces shows shift in a conflict that is now waged against Moscow, rather than rebels.
- What's News: Business & Finance @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 11 minutes ago
What's News: Business & Finance
- Malaysia Airlines Scraps Ill-Conceived 'Bucket List' Promotion Entrepreneur - 1 hour 11 minutes ago
- Hey, NATO, Why Can't You Be More Like Estonia? @ BusinessWeek - 1 hour 14 minutes ago
With its strong military spending, Estonia could be a model for NATO as the treaty organization ponders what to do about Russia
- Why Analysts Keep Chasing Tesla Higher and Higher (and Higher …) @ 24/7 Wall St. - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
24/7 Wall St. again is seeing that analysts keep chasing Tesla stock higher.
- BioCryst's Ebola Candidate Moving to Efficacy Study Soon Zacks - 1 hour 20 minutes ago
BioCryst 's (BCRX) BCX4430 will be evaluated in a non-human primate study shortly.
- Solid Q2 Earnings for FDIC-Insured Banks, Expenses Down Zacks - 1 hour 23 minutes ago
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)-insured commercial banks and savings institutions reported second-quarter 2014 earnings of $40.2 billion, above the year-ago earnings of $38.2 billion by 5.3%....
- Home Depot investigating 'massive' hack CNNMoney.com - 1 hour 23 minutes ago
Home Depot is investigating a hack that possibly exposed its customer payment information. The company on Tuesday confirmed it has partnered with banks and law enforcement to look into "some unusual ...
- [$$] Norwegian Cruise Line to Acquire Prestige Cruises @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings said it has agreed to buy Prestige Cruises International for about $3 billion in cash and stock, including the assumption of debt, as the cruise-operator looks to add luxury ...
- Ukraine steelmen hold their ground as frontline marches towards port Reuters - 1 hour 26 minutes ago
* Metinvest is Ukraine's largest steel-maker MARIUPOL, Ukraine, Sept 2 (Reuters) - The war is being fought just over the hills. Mariupol, a port of around half a million people, is the next big city in the path of advancing rebels, who opened a new front and scattered Ukrainian troops along the coast of the Azov Sea last …
- Three Reasons Petrobras Thrives Under Silva @ Barrons.com - 1 hour 26 minutes ago
Brazilian presidential candidate Marina Silva released her platform late last week, fueling muted praise for shares of state-controlled energy giant Petrobras. Shares of Petroleo Brasileiro (PBR) are up 3.47% today to $20.23. On the Brazil exchange, shares are up nearly 2%: (PETR3.Brazil) shares are up 1.69% to $22.87 …
- France likely to lower 2015 spending cuts target - Sapin to AFP Reuters - 1 hour 27 minutes ago
France will probably have to scale back its budget savings plans for next year due to low inflation, its finance minister said in an interview published on Tuesday, ruling out extra spending restraint. The government had hoped to wring 21 billion euros (16.7 billion pounds) of savings from the budget next year as part …
- T-Shirt Design App Snaptee Raises $750,000 In Additional Funding @ TechCrunch - 1 hour 28 minutes ago
Snaptee, an app that lets users turn their smartphone photos into T-shirt designs, has raised an additional $750,000 from new investors SXE Ventures, Nest, Groupon Hong Kong co-founder Danny Yeung, and Joel Neoh, the CEO of Groupon Taiwan and Groupon Malaysia. The latest funding brings the total Snaptee has raised so far …
- Novo Nordisk's Ryzodeg Now in Mexico for Type II Diabetes Zacks - 1 hour 28 minutes ago
Novo Nordisk (NVO) has launched its type II diabetes treatment, Ryzodeg, in Mexico. This makes Mexico the first country where Ryzodeg is commercially available.
- 7 Tips for Merging 'Mindfulness' Into the Workplace Entrepreneur - 1 hour 28 minutes ago
- Latecoere H1 operating profit dips as new plant opens Reuters - 1 hour 34 minutes ago
French aerospace supplier Latecoere on Tuesday reported lower first-half operating profit, despite higher revenues as it bore the cost of opening a factory in Mexico and suffered a slowdown in the development of new aircraft. The company, which makes doors, cabling and fuselage parts for Airbus and Boeing passenger jets, …
- 3 Mutual Funds to Ride the Manufacturing Wave! Zacks - 1 hour 34 minutes ago
The ISM numbers have shown a sustained upward trend in the manufacturing sector over the past several months.
- Puerto Rico economic activity drops to 20-year low Reuters - 1 hour 36 minutes ago
Economic activity in Puerto Rico fell in July for a nineteenth straight month to a 20-year low, according to a government economic activity index published on Friday. The Government Development Bank's economic activity index (EAI) fell 0.7 percent year-on-year in July. Puerto Rico says the index strongly correlates to …