- Former Petrobras Executive Gives Computer Data to Prosecutors @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 minutes ago
Documents purportedly show that the company’s chief executive and board of directors were made aware of an alleged bribery scheme as early as 2009.
- These iOS tips will help you take better iPhone photos @ Gigaom - 21 minutes ago
With smartphones like the iPhone replacing point and shoot cameras, taking the best photos possible on a device that was not originally designed to be just a camera can have its challenges.
- Millions shopping on 'Panic Saturday' @ BBC News - 28 minutes ago
- Austria says EU must not seek collapse of Russian economy Reuters - 28 minutes ago
VIENNA (Reuters) - The head of Austria's government criticised fellow European Union countries on Saturday that are calling for tougher sanctions against Moscow, warning against pushing the Russian economy ...
- Big Oil's $3 Billion Homage to Nazi War Criminal @ Forbes - 1 hour 2 minutes ago
As the largest ship ever built, the Pieter Schelte is a magnificent human achievement. It is a pity it is named for a Nazi war criminal.
- Opel CEO warns 2016 profit target 'by far not secured' - Bild Reuters - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Opel's chief executive warned senior managers at the European arm of General Motors (GM.N) that they needed to step up their game to reach a target of returning to profit by 2016, ...
- Meet The 5 Wildcard Politicians Who Could Throw Europe Into Chaos In 2015 Business Insider - 1 hour 21 minutes ago
Anti-austerity and anti-establishment parties could overturn European politics in the year ahead.
- Apple Pay responsible for 1 percent of November digital payments, Google Wallet garners 4 percent @ ZDNet - 1 hour 21 minutes ago
- Box Office: 'Hobbit 3' Makes Like 'Matrix 3' For $16.6M Friday @ Forbes - 1 hour 51 minutes ago
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies is looking at a $52 million Fri-Sun frame and a $85 million five-day debut. In November of 2003, The Matrix Revolutions ended the trilogy not with a bang but with a whimper. After somewhat revolutionizing action cinema in April of 1999 with The Matrix, while stealing all
- IKEA says resumes sales of kitchen appliances in Russia Reuters - 2 hours 14 minutes ago
MOSCOW (Reuters) - IKEA, the world's biggest furniture retailer, said on Saturday it had resumed selling kitchen furniture and appliances in Russia after suspending sales on Thursday as it was not able ...
- Best last-minute Christmas deals on Apple iPad Air, mini tablets @ ZDNet - 2 hours 39 minutes ago
- How to Treat Yourself Without Breaking Your Christmas Budget Credit.com - 3 hours ago
Ever go gift shopping for somebody else and come away with something for you, too?
- Obama says Sony ‘made a mistake’ cancelling film @ MarketWatch - 3 hours ago
President Barack Obama criticized Sony Pictures Friday for pulling a movie out of theaters in response to a hack attack U.S. officials blame on North Korea, saying it sets a bad precedent and could encourage ...
- An RBS Analyst Wrote A Sarcastic Open Letter To Russell Brand After He Stormed The Bank Last Week Business Insider - 3 hours ago
One RBS business analyst just tore Russell...
- Beta-amyloid: the emperor really does have no clothes @ Forbes - 3 hours ago
Yesterday, Roche (OTCQX:RHHBY) announced its decision to discontinue its Phase 3 study of gantenerumab, its experimental anti-amyloid antibody, in early Alzheimer’s Disease. The study failed a futility analysis – the clearest possible evidence of a lack of signal. This marks the latest nadir for the amyloid hypothesis – …
- Euro Flounders at Yearly Lows as Likelihood of ECB QE Increases DailyFX - 3 hours ago
Euro Flounders at Yearly Lows as Likelihood of ECB QE Increases
- North Korea denies responsibility for Sony cyber attack Reuters - 4 hours ago
North Korea had nothing to do with a devastating cyber attack against Sony Pictures, a North Korean U.N. diplomat said on Friday after the U.S. government blamed Pyongyang for the incident. "DPRK ...
- AstraZeneca CEO says new Pfizer bid unlikely - Swedish daily DI Reuters - 4 hours ago
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - U.S. Pfizer (PFE.N) is unlikely to come back with a fresh bid for AstraZeneca (AZN.L), the Anglo-Swedish pharmaceuticals group's top executive was quoted as saying by Swedish business ...
- ECB's Constancio sees negative inflation rate in months ahead - magazine Reuters - 4 hours ago
- This Is How Time Inc. Plans To Become A Tech Company Business Insider - 4 hours ago
Time Inc. has just announced a partnership with tech startup IFTTT, but it wants to do much more.
- 6 Ways to Make Sure You're Buying an Energy-Efficient Home Credit.com - 5 hours ago
If you're looking for a new place to live, it's wise to consider monthly utility costs. Here's how to tell if you're looking at an energy-efficient home.
- It Isn't 1998 In Russia — Here Are Three Reasons Why Business Insider - 5 hours ago
In 1998, Russia defaulted. And with the...
- Flipkart raises $700 million in fresh funding Reuters - 5 hours ago
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Flipkart, India's largest online retailer, on Saturday said it had raised funding worth $700 million, as it tries to compete with Amazon, which is rapidly scaling up operations in the ...
- Bill Gross Calls An Investment 'Great' Less Than A Week After Jeff Gundlach Says It's For 'Losers' Business Insider - 6 hours ago
Bill Gross likes TIPS. Jeff Gundlach thinks...
- Japan Oil Refiner Idemitsu in Talks to Buy Showa Shell @ The Wall Street Journal - 6 hours ago
Japan’s second-biggest oil refiner and distributor, Idemitsu Kosan, says it is in talks to buy industry peer Showa Shell Sekiyu as falling domestic oil demand pinches the margins of wholesalers.
- North Korea denies attacking Sony, offers to help investigate @ Engadget - 6 hours ago
North Korea has ratcheted the absurdity level of the Sony hack up a notch by pleading its innocence again and even offering to help find the real perpetrators. The FBI recently blamed North Korea for the ...
- Siemens won't float healthcare unit in 2015 - Wirtschafts Woche Reuters - 6 hours ago
- Falling oil prices worry Algeria Associated Press - 6 hours ago
- China cuts red-tape for foreign bank branch openings, RMB business Reuters - 8 hours ago
By Engen Tham SHANGHAI (Reuters) - China has cut red-tape for foreign bank branch openings and entry into renminbi business, state media said on Saturday, the latest in a series of measures to liberalise ...
- Italy's Renzi wins confidence vote to pass budget in Senate Reuters - 8 hours ago
Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi won a confidence vote to get his tax-cutting 2015 budget through the Senate on Saturday and it is expected to be definitively approved by the lower house of parliament ...
- Charting the Market @ Barrons.com - 9 hours ago
Sony The Interview is over. The entertainment outfit’s comedy about killing North Korea’s leader produced scandalous e-mails, threats to viewers, and cancellation. ADT In a regulatory filing, the home-security ...
- China's Xi preaches diversification in gambling hub Macau Reuters - 9 hours ago
Chinese President Xi Jinping on Saturday urged the world's biggest gambling hub, Macau, to accelerate diversification away from its bread-and-butter casino industry, which has lost about $60 billion in ...
- Transforming The Conversation On Women In Computer Science @ TechCrunch - 9 hours ago
Editor’s note: Alison Derbenwick Miller is the vice president of Oracle Academy where she and her team work to advance computer science education by driving student interest and skill development – regardless of gender or socioeconomic background – to help cultivate the next generation of technology innovators and busi …
- Old Guard Techs Shone in 2014: Cisco, Intel, Apple, EMC @ Barrons.com - 10 hours ago
The great essayist Walter Benjamin advised writers “Never stop writing because you have run out of ideas.” In that spirit, this column takes a look back at ideas I’ve had this year. Next week’s column ...
- Future-Friendly Customer Service: Consulting Your Inner Domino's Pizza Tracker @ Forbes - 10 hours ago
Want to alienate your customers good and quick? Require them to waste time and effort contacting your business for what I refer to (with my less squeamish customer service consulting clients at least) as Stupid Sh-t™. These are the questions that customers are so likely to have that you as a provider should
- AP Interview: Coelho says Sony hack threatens all Associated Press - 11 hours ago
- Paris’s Best New Restaurants @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 hours ago
At fresh, buzzy eateries like Porte 12, Au Passage and Gare au Gorilla, you’re more likely to be dining next to an off-duty chef than a tourist.
- The Who’s ‘I Can’t Explain’ Has Special Meaning to Cary Elwes @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 hours ago
Cary Elwes, who played Westley in ‘The Princess Bride’ says ‘I Can’t Explain’ by the Who ‘is one of the most brilliant expressions of not being able to express yourself.’
- Confronting Death With Music and Verse @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 hours ago
‘Four Last Songs’ (1948) by Richard Strauss suggests that dying is not the end, but rather a transition.
- Jay Cantor @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 hours ago
The author, most recently, of “Forgiving the Angel: Four Stories for Franz Kafka” recommends stories of 20th century wreckage.
- Where ‘I’ Comes From @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 hours ago
The Western understanding of individual liberty derives from Christianity itself, not from a reaction against it.
- Freedom Fighter for Zion @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 hours ago
Avraham Stern imagined the Jewish people compelling God to be the zealous warrior-deity of the Bible once again.
- Overheard: Paradise Lost @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 hours ago
Nirvana Asia was meant to bring investors life after death. Instead, the funeral firm catering to ethnic Chinese in Southeast Asia has plunged 36% below its initial-public-offering price since trading ...
- Why the Oil Rout Has Spread @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 hours ago
This month’s big fall in the price of oil should be good news for much of the world’s economy. But so far markets have been telling a different story.
- Falling Oil Prices Could Affect Supply, Pemex CEO Says @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 hours ago
Mexico’s Pemex, buffeted by the recent drop in oil prices, plans to offer international oil companies a greater share of projects than initially envisioned and speed up joint ventures with private firms, ...
- Hong Kong Court Finds Thomas Kwok Guilty of Corruption @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 hours ago
A jury in Hong Kong found Thomas Kwok, the co-chairman of one of Hong Kong’s biggest property developers, guilty in a corruption trial involving the city’s former No. 2 official, but found his brother, ...
- Goldman Sachs Adds 2 to Board, Total Now 14 @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 hours ago
Goldman Sachs has appointed Mark O. Winkelman, a former Goldman executive, and Mark A. Flaherty to its board, bringing the total number of directors to 14.
- Top Schools Heat Up Beijing Property Market @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 hours ago
Two kinds of competition, for housing and top public schools, are converging in China’s capital as ambitious parents seek apartments in the best primary-school districts.
- What’s News: Business & Finance @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 hours ago
What’s News: Business & Finance Top Stories
- The Best Emerging Markets Investments of 2014 @ Barrons.com - 13 hours ago
Emerging Markets The best bets in emerging markets in 2014: short Russia, buy India. Otherwise, equities in developing nations posted another disappointing year: The iShares MSCI Emerging Markets ETF (ticker: ...