- Yahoo's Mayer: Tumblr Will Operate Independently CNBC - Tue, May 21, 2013 10:38 AM EDT
- Grubhub + Seamless: The merger, by the numbers Quartz - Mon, May 20, 2013 9:54 AM EDT
Two titans of online food ordering agreed to merge Monday. Chicago-based Grubhub and New York-centric Seamless agreed to join forces, creating an as-yet-unnamed entity aimed at signing up more restaurants ...
- Former Countrywide shareholders hope for another chance to bring Mozilo to justice Quartz - Mon, Mar 11, 2013 3:01 PM EDT
With the statute of limitations on civil cases in the US usually limited to five years, many of the root causes of the US financial crisis are now falling beyond the civil courts’ reach. So a lawsuit before ...
- Wait, What? - Cramer Likes an Airline Stock?!! CNBC - Wed, Mar 6, 2013 6:44 AM EST
Look out the window and you'll probably see pigs flying by. Jim Cramer just recommended an airline stock.
- OfficeMax, Office Depot Near All-Stock Merger: Sources CNBC - Tue, Feb 19, 2013 8:33 AM EST
Office supply retailers Office Max and Office Depot are near a merger that could be announced this week, according to people familiar with the matter.
- Warren Buffett: 'I'm Ready for Another Elephant' CNBC - Thu, Feb 14, 2013 11:17 AM EST
Warren Buffett told CNBC Thursday that even after teaming up with 3G Capital Management in a $28 billion deal to acquire Heinz, he's still looking for another big acquisition and has the cash to pay for ...
- Berkshire Hathaway, 3G to Acquire Heinz for $23 Billion CNBC - Thu, Feb 14, 2013 8:24 AM EST
H.J. Heinz confirmed Thursday that it agreed to be acquired by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway and 3G for $28 billion.
- Dell Stock Jumps on Report of Possible Buyout CNBC - Mon, Jan 14, 2013 3:57 PM EST
Dell's shares surged following a report that the personal computer maker is in talks with private-equity firms over a potential buyout.
- Ellison: No Big Acquisitions for Oracle CNBC - Tue, Oct 2, 2012 5:22 PM EDT
Oracle isn't planning on making any large acquisitions over the next couple of years and instead is focused on growing organically, CEO Larry Ellison said on CNBC on Tuesday.
- Bulls Are Running, So-Where Are the Mergers? CNBC - Mon, Sep 10, 2012 10:37 AM EDT
The US stock market is sitting at four-year highs, and yet, this bull market has failed to spark a any increase in mergers and acquisitions this year. What gives?
- How an American-USAir Merger Could Affect You CNBC - Tue, Sep 4, 2012 4:04 PM EDT
American Airlines and US Airways are sharing confidential information to analyze a potential merger. But would such a marriage lead to higher fares and fewer flights?
- 10 Notable Google Acquisitions CNBC - Tue, Aug 14, 2012 9:31 PM EDT
While it's the big deals, like the company's 2007 purchase of DoubleClick or last year's $12.5 billion acquisition of Motorola Mobility, that grab the most headlines, Google also has a history of bringing ...
- Nabi Biopharmaceuticals announces waiver of cash reserve tender offer condition Theflyonthewall.com - Thu, Jul 19, 2012 6:52 AM EDT
Nabi Biopharmaceuticals announced in connection with its previously announced tender offer, that it is waiving the following condition to the tender offer: that no event or circumstances exist that would ...
- Jim Chanos: Hewlett Packard Is 'Ultimate Value Trap' CNBC - Wed, Jul 18, 2012 2:03 PM EDT
Chanos said the company has been hiding the true costs of its R&D through acquisitions. Once the costs of these acquisitions are taken into account, revenues and cash flow at the company are "basically ...
- Bank of America Likely to Sell Overseas Wealth Unit to Julius Baer CNBC - Mon, Jun 18, 2012 12:51 PM EDT
Two months after announcing plans to sell its overseas wealth-management unit, Bank of America is in advanced, exclusive discussions about a potential $1.5 billion to $2 billion deal with the Swiss private-banking ...