- Heinz Gets Chinese Regulatory Approval for Berkshire Acquisition @ Motley Fool - 8 hours ago
Still awaiting on approval from Russia and the European Union to close $28 billion deal.
- Yahoo! Shells Out $1.1 Billion in Must-Buy Deal for Tumblr @ Barrons.com - 12 hours ago
Yahoo! Shells Out $1.1 Billion in Must-Buy Deal for Tumblr
- Google Said to Consider Buying Waze Presaging Bidding War @ Bloomberg - 22 hours ago
Google Inc., maker of the Android operating system, is considering buying map-software provider Waze Inc., setting up a possible bidding war with Facebook Inc., people familiar with the matter said.
- Warburg Would Reap Threefold Return in Bausch Transaction @ Bloomberg - 23 hours ago
Warburg Pincus LLC would reap more than a threefold return on its $1.7 billion equity investment in Bausch & Lomb Inc. if talks to sell the eye-care company for $9 billion bear fruit, a person with knowledge ...
- Yahoo joins growing list of bidders for Hulu: sources Reuters - Fri, May 24, 2013 4:06 PM EDT
- Yahoo Joins Growing List of Hulu Bidders @ CNBC - Fri, May 24, 2013 3:32 PM EDT
Yahoo has submitted a formal proposal to buy Hulu, joining a growing list of bidders for the video service owned by News Corp. and Walt Disney, two sources with knowledge of the bid told Reuters on Friday....
- Google eyes Waze as Facebook circles hot Web maps property Reuters - Fri, May 24, 2013 2:22 PM EDT
By Sarah McBride and Alexei Oreskovic SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Google Inc is in talks to buy Waze, an Israeli mapping start-up that has held discussions with several large technology companies, two sources ...
- Acquisition-hungry Valeant sets its sights on Bausch & Lomb: report @ MarketWatch - Fri, May 24, 2013 2:08 PM EDT
Hungry for an acquisition, Valeant Pharmaceuticals sets its sights on privately held eye-care company Bausch & Lomb in a possible deal worth $9 billion, the Wall Street Journal reported around midday Friday ...
- Office Depot, OfficeMax tap Boston Consulting AP - Fri, May 24, 2013 1:42 PM EDT
Office suppliers Office Depot Inc. and OfficeMax Inc. have enlisted The Boston Consulting Group to provide support for their pending merger. The two office-supply chains said in February they planned to ...
- Valeant near deal to acquire Bausch & Lomb -source @ Reuters - Fri, May 24, 2013 1:35 PM EDT
NEW YORK, May 24 (Reuters) - Canada's Valeant Pharmaceuticals International is nearing a deal to acquire eye care company Bausch & Lomb Holdings Inc from Warburg Pincus LLC for about $9 billion, a person ...
- TheDeal: Duke Energy Joins With Alinda for Fiber Offering, Sources Say TheStreet.com - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:52 PM EDT
Duke Energy and Alinda Capital Partners are bringing the power company's telecom fiber unit known as DukeNet Communications to market, sources said.
- SolarWinds Set to Buy N-able Zacks - Fri, May 24, 2013 11:50 AM EDT
IT management software provider SolarWinds recently announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire N-able Technologies for $120.0 million in cash
- Royalty Pharma offer for Elan gets little support AP - Fri, May 24, 2013 11:45 AM EDT
Royalty Pharma disclosed Friday that a negligible number of Elan Corp. PLC shareholders have voted their shares in favor of its offer to buy the company. The New York company offered to buy Elan in February ...
- Egypt tycoon to buy MTS fiber network in new Canada push @ Reuters - Fri, May 24, 2013 11:10 AM EDT
By Alastair Sharp and Euan Rocha TORONTO, May 24 (Reuters) - Manitoba Telecom Services Inc will sell its Allstream fiber optic network to a company controlled by telecom tycoon Naguib Sawiris for C$520 ...
- DISH Adds Fifth Bank for Sprint Deal Zacks - Fri, May 24, 2013 10:55 AM EDT
DISH Network Corp. has added Scotiabank to a list of four other banks
- Marsh & McLennan Buys Peru Insurer Zacks - Fri, May 24, 2013 10:45 AM EDT
Marsh & McLennan's Marsh intends to acquire Peru-based Rehder y Asociados Group for an undisclosed amount.
- BlackRock Remains Neutral Zacks - Fri, May 24, 2013 10:20 AM EDT
On May 23, 2013, we reiterated our long-term recommendation on BlackRock, Inc. at Neutral based on its improved capital deployment activities and acquisition plans.
- Bidding War? Google Joins Race to Acquire Mapping Start-Up Waze @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 10:00 AM EDT
Google is considering buying the Israeli mobile satellite navigation startup, which may lead to a bidding war with Facebook.
- Google May Follow Apple on Tax-Dodging Dividend @ TheStreet.com - Fri, May 24, 2013 9:18 AM EDT
Google is the biggest company in the U.S. without a dividend, but that may change.
- [$$] FTC Begins Probe of Google's Display-Ad Business @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, May 24, 2013 7:32 AM EDT
FTC Begins Probe of Google's Display-Ad Business
- [$$] Cerberus Mulls Bid for Harris Teeter @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, May 24, 2013 7:32 AM EDT
Cerberus Mulls Bid for Harris Teeter
- Fitch: More Consumer Firms to Follow PMI With Minority Buy-Outs @ Reuters - Fri, May 24, 2013 5:58 AM EDT
May 24 (Reuters) - (The following statement was released by the rating agency) Philip Morris International's deal to buy out a minority shareholder in its Mexican subsidiary is the sort of acquisition ...
- Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest @ Reuters - Fri, May 24, 2013 3:35 AM EDT
May 24 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Friday: * Toshiba Corp and U.S. private equity firm KKR & Co LP KKR.N are among those expected to bid for Panasonic ...
- Actavis To Increase Operational Synergies By Acquiring Warner @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, May 24, 2013 2:36 AM EDT
Actavis To Increase Operational Synergies By Acquiring Warner
- Elan Board Rejects Royalty Pharma's Latest Offer @ Motley Fool - Thu, May 23, 2013 11:14 PM EDT
The Ireland-based biotech firm's board unanimously declines the latest buyout offer.
- Google, like Facebook, in talks to buy Waze for about $1 bln -report @ Reuters - Thu, May 23, 2013 9:05 PM EDT
May 23 (Reuters) - Google Inc is considering buying Israeli mobile satellite navigation start-up Waze Inc, which may lead to a bidding war with Facebook Inc, Bloomberg news reported, citing people familiar ...
- Google Considers Outbidding Facebook To Buy Waze For ~$1 Billion – Report Business Insider - Thu, May 23, 2013 8:12 PM EDT
Waze is a mapping app for smartphones that's infused with cool social features.
- Why rue21 Shares Popped @ Motley Fool - Thu, May 23, 2013 7:11 PM EDT
Is this meaningful? Or just another movement?
- Rue21 in $1.1 bil buyout deal Investor's Business Daily - Thu, May 23, 2013 6:51 PM EDT
All Business Briefs
- Brinker Builds Up in Canada Zacks - Thu, May 23, 2013 5:25 PM EDT
Brinker is set to buy 11 of its franchised Chili's restaurants based in Alberta, Canada from Speedy Creek Ltd., which has long been one of its franchisees.
- Royalty Pharma eases condition for Elan offer AP - Thu, May 23, 2013 5:17 PM EDT
Royalty Pharma has eased one of its conditions for completing its recently increased offer to buy Irish drugmaker Elan Corp. PLC for $12.50 per share, or about $7.5 billion. The New York company said Thursday ...
- Sprint’s Offer for Clearwire Fails to Sway Opponents @ Bloomberg - Thu, May 23, 2013 4:27 PM EDT
Sprint Nextel Corp.’s sweetened bid for wireless-network partner Clearwire Corp. has failed to persuade opponents to the takeover, raising speculation that the company will have to raise its price again....
- Prologis, Blackstone Buying Warehouses? Zacks - Thu, May 23, 2013 4:25 PM EDT
Prologis and Blackstone are said to have struck a deal to acquire a portfolio spanning 17 million square feet of warehouse and distribution centers for about $960 million.
- Softbank-Sprint deal clears regulatory hurdle AP - Thu, May 23, 2013 4:17 PM EDT
Sprint Nextel Corp. and Japan's SoftBank said Thursday that Softbank's acquisition of a majority stake in the wireless company has cleared all necessary state regulatory hurdles. Softbank has a $20.1 billion ...
- Elan Board Unanimously Rejects $6.4 Billion Takeover Offer @ Bloomberg - Thu, May 23, 2013 4:04 PM EDT
Elan Corp.’s board of directors unanimously rejected a higher takeover offer from Royalty Pharma, an investor in royalty streams from pharmaceuticals, saying the proposal “substantially undervalues the ...
- Fitch Raises DDR's Rating Zacks - Thu, May 23, 2013 3:50 PM EDT
Fitch Ratings upgraded the Issuer Default Rating (IDR) of DDR Corp. to 'BBB-' from 'BB+'. The outlook was changed to 'Stable' from 'Positive'.
- Khosla Ventures hires Google veteran Ben Ling @ Reuters - Thu, May 23, 2013 3:10 PM EDT
SAN FRANCISCO, May 23 (Reuters) - Khosla Ventures said on Thursday it is adding another new hire to its investment team: Ben Ling, who brings additional consumer-Internet expertise to Khosla, known for ...
- [$$] Elan Rejects Royalty Pharma Approach @ The Wall Street Journal - Thu, May 23, 2013 2:02 PM EDT
Elan Rejects Royalty Pharma Approach
- Protective Life Upped to Outperform Zacks - Thu, May 23, 2013 1:45 PM EDT
Protective Life upgraded to Outperform, following its announced acquisition.
- Elan rejects Royalty's $6.4 billion raised offer Reuters - Thu, May 23, 2013 1:36 PM EDT
Elan rejected Royalty Pharma's increased $6.4 billion bid on Thursday, shortly after the U.S. firm cut the acceptance bar for its latest offer to 50 percent plus one share. Royalty raised its hostile cash ...
- Elan rejects Royalty's $6.4 bln raised offer @ Reuters - Thu, May 23, 2013 1:22 PM EDT
* Elan says new bid continues to grossly undervalue company * Royalty cuts acceptance threshold from 90 pct previously * Irish firm's fate likely to be decided at June 17 meeting By Padraic Halpin DUBLIN, ...
- Rue21 OKs $1.1 Billion Buyout; Apax To Add 700 Stores @ Investor's Business Daily - Thu, May 23, 2013 12:54 PM EDT
Rue21 OKs $1.1 Billion Buyout; Apax To Add 700 Stores
- Billionaire Sets His Sights on Data Storage @ Motley Fool - Thu, May 23, 2013 11:32 AM EDT
As of late, this activist has had a couple of big wins. He's now setting his sights on another stock.
- Cermaq in talks with Marine Harvest, other parties @ Reuters - Thu, May 23, 2013 11:29 AM EDT
(Adds detail, background) OSLO, May 23 (Reuters) - Norwegian fish farmer Cermaq said it is in talks with bigger rival Marine Harvest and other parties about a potential deal after dropping its bid for ...
- Rue21 agrees to go private in nearly $1B deal AP - Thu, May 23, 2013 11:23 AM EDT
Clothing and accessories company Rue21 has agreed to be taken private in nearly $1 billion deal with private equity firm Apax Partners. Shares hit an all-time high Thursday. Apax will pay $42 per share, ...
- Cermaq says in talks with Marine Harvest, other interested bidders Reuters - Thu, May 23, 2013 10:43 AM EDT
OSLO, May 23 (Reuters) - Norwegian fish farmer Cermaq said on Thursday it had initiated talks with bigger rival Marine Harvest about a potential deal, but that it also established dialogue with other interested ...
- [$$] Rue21 Agrees to $1.1 Billion Buyout by Apax @ The Wall Street Journal - Thu, May 23, 2013 10:20 AM EDT
Rue21 Agrees to $1.1 Billion Buyout by Apax
- Rue21 Off the Market, Looks to Go Private in $1.1B Deal @ Fox Business - Thu, May 23, 2013 9:35 AM EDT
A private equity firm will pay $42.00 per Rue21 share in cash, representing a premium of 23% to the stock's Wednesday close.
- [$$] Cerberus Mulls Harris Teeter Bid @ The Wall Street Journal - Thu, May 23, 2013 8:59 AM EDT
Cerberus Mulls Harris Teeter Bid
- Google Acquires Makani Power Zacks - Thu, May 23, 2013 8:50 AM EDT
Internet search giant Google Inc. has acquired Alameda-based wind turbine maker Makani Power, Inc. for an undisclosed amount.