- Tumblr And Yahoo: Latest Details On The Imminent Deal @ Forbes - 38 minutes ago
By the end of this weekend, Tumblr founder David Karp will most likely be $250 million richer and Yahoo founder Marissa Mayer will be able to say she outmaneuvered her old friends at Google, not to mention Facebook, Twitter and Microsoft.
- Jacobs Wins Engineering Contracts; Lockheed to Upgrade Aegis @ Motley Fool - 6 hours ago
A rundown of the most important Pentagon contracts awarded Friday.
- Tesoro wins US antitrust OK to buy California BP refinery @ Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 2:09 PM EDT
* Deal increase Tesoro's market share, but remains No. 2 * California atty general must also approve deal By Diane Bartz and Erwin Seba WASHINGTON/HOUSTON, May 17 (Reuters) - U.S. refiner Tesoro Corp. ...
- PVR Partners Upgraded to Neutral Zacks - Fri, May 17, 2013 1:30 PM EDT
We upgrade our recommendation on PVR Partners to Neutral from Underperform.
- Tesoro, Tesoro Logistics in $640M deal for Carson logistics assets Theflyonthewall.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 1:18 PM EDT
Tesoro (TSO) and Tesoro Logistics (TLLP) have reached an agreement for TLLP to acquire a portion of the Carson logistics assets from Tesoro for an expected transaction value of approximately $640M. Closing ...
- Tesoro, Tesoro Logistics to pay $640M for some logistics assets Theflyonthewall.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 1:15 PM EDT
Tesoro and Tesoro Logistics have reached an agreement for TLLP to acquire a portion of the Carson logistics assets from Tesoro for an expected transaction value of approximately $640M. Closing of the logistics ...
- Virgin Media Remains Neutral Zacks - Fri, May 17, 2013 1:10 PM EDT
We reiterate our long-term Neutral recommendation on Virgin Media based on the company's strong financial results in the first quarter of 2013.
- Kimco Solidifies its Portfolio Zacks - Fri, May 17, 2013 12:00 PM EDT
In an effort to strengthen its portfolio, Kimco Realty Corp. disclosed the purchase of the Marketplace at Factoria in suburban Seattle community of Bellevue, Wash.
- Allied Electronics Offers to Buy Altech in $532 Million Deal @ Bloomberg - Fri, May 17, 2013 11:38 AM EDT
Allied Electronics Corp., a maker of pay-television set-top boxes, offered to buy the shares it doesn’t already own in Allied Technologies Ltd. to simplify the structure of the two companies and make savings....
- The Deal: Delta Submits Virgin Atlantic Bid to EU Regulators TheStreet.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 11:37 AM EDT
Delta Air Lines has filed with European antitrust regulators seeking approval for its deal to acquire a 49% stake in Virgin Atlantic.
- The Billion Dollar COPD Deal: Who Gains The Most? @ Seeking Alpha - Fri, May 17, 2013 11:27 AM EDT
The Billion Dollar COPD Deal: Who Gains The Most?
- Healthcare property owner Assura gets bid approach from MedicX @ Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 11:23 AM EDT
LONDON, May 17 (Reuters) - British healthcare property owner Assura Group said on Friday it had received a takeover approach from rival MedicX Fund, sending its shares higher. Assura said that MedicX had ...
- TELUS Takes Mobilicity Under its Wing Zacks - Fri, May 17, 2013 11:00 AM EDT
TELUS Corporation has agreed to take over wireless carrier Mobilicity for $380 million.
- Tumblr In Talks With Yahoo; Facebook And Microsoft Also Said To Be Circling @ Forbes - Fri, May 17, 2013 10:20 AM EDT
David Karp. Image by Matthew Buchanan / Flickr via CrunchBase The Tumblr sweepstakes have begun. According to multiple reports (the first coming from All Things D), the social blogging site is in serious talks with Yahoo, which is looking to secure a strategic investment, partnership or even an outright acquisition. In …
- Caterpillar says settles Siwei deal with cut in purchase price Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 10:18 AM EDT
- Exclusive: U.S. approval of BP refinery sale to Tesoro seen imminent Reuters - Thu, May 16, 2013 7:24 PM EDT
HOUSTON/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Independent western U.S. refiner Tesoro Corp may take ownership of BP Plc's 240,000 barrel per day (bpd) refinery in Carson, California, as early as June 1, sources familiar ...
- More Acquisitions for Iron Mountain Zacks - Thu, May 16, 2013 5:20 PM EDT
In a bid to strengthen its storage business, Iron Mountain recently acquired three record management companies from Information Storage Consolidation Company.
- Commerce Bancshares to Buy Summit Bank Zacks - Thu, May 16, 2013 5:05 PM EDT
In a bid to expand its operational roots, Mo.-based Commerce Bancshares, Inc. entered into a definitive agreement with Summit Bancshares, Inc., of Tulsa and Oklahoma City to acquire the latter.
- [$$] Vodafone Signs Deutsche Telekom Deal @ The Wall Street Journal - Thu, May 16, 2013 4:32 PM EDT
Vodafone Signs Deutsche Telekom Deal
- TransDigm to Acquire Arkwin Zacks - Thu, May 16, 2013 3:45 PM EDT
TransDigm recently signed a definitive agreement to acquire Arkwin Industries, Inc.
- Arris Restructures Business Model Zacks - Thu, May 16, 2013 3:20 PM EDT
Yesterday, Arris Group announced that it has restructured its business model and provided the future financial guidance.
- TC PipeLines Adds GTN & Bison Stake Zacks - Thu, May 16, 2013 3:00 PM EDT
TC PipeLines LP entered into a deal with TransCanada Corporation to raise its stake in each of Gas Transmission Northwest LLC and Bison Pipeline LLC by 45%.
- Fitch Places RPI Finance Trust's Ratings on Negative Watch @ Reuters - Thu, May 16, 2013 12:52 PM EDT
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) CHICAGO, May 16 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has placed the ratings of RPI Finance Trust (RPI FT), including the 'BBB-' Issuer Default Rating (IDR), ...
- TransDigm Hits All-Time High Zacks - Thu, May 16, 2013 12:20 PM EDT
TransDigm hit an all-time high of $155.97 on May 15, 2013.
- Ex-BP boss Hayward takes Glencore chair after Xstrata clearout Reuters - Thu, May 16, 2013 12:10 PM EDT
- Mellanox Set to Acquire Kotura Zacks - Thu, May 16, 2013 11:50 AM EDT
InfiniBand chips developer Mellanox Technologies recently announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire privately-held Kotura for approximately $82.0 million
- Altera' Enpirion Buy Boosts FPGA Line Zacks - Thu, May 16, 2013 11:20 AM EDT
Altera Corp. recently took over privately-held power converter chip maker Enpirion to produce more energy efficient FPGA chips.
- The Deal: Airline Unions Sign Pact To Ward Off Teamsters TheStreet.com - Thu, May 16, 2013 10:20 AM EDT
Unions representing US Air and American ground workers agreed to work together to head off a Teamster takeover.
- DDR Buys Shopping Centers from Blackstone Zacks - Thu, May 16, 2013 10:00 AM EDT
DDR Corp. has agreed to buy 30 of 44 shopping centers from its existing joint venture (JV) with The Blackstone Group L.P. for $1.46 billion.
- [video] Faber Report: DISH Network Offering @ CNBC - Thu, May 16, 2013 9:43 AM EDT
CNBC's David Faber has the latest details on the satellite company's financing deal for its proposed merger with Sprint. Also, a look at financing and the Dell proposal.
- Drugmaker Actavis' shares up AP - Thu, May 16, 2013 9:39 AM EDT
Shares of Actavis Inc. rose Thursday after reports surfaced that one of the world's biggest generic drugmaker has drawn interest from some competitors considering an acquisition. The Parsippany, N.J., ...
- Understanding Facebook's Waze @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, May 16, 2013 9:23 AM EDT
Understanding Facebook's Waze
- Ahead of the Bell: Drugmaker Actavis' shares up AP - Thu, May 16, 2013 8:56 AM EDT
Shares of Actavis Inc. rose in premarket trading Thursday after reports surfaced that one of the world's biggest generic drugmaker has drawn interest from some competitors considering an acquisition. The ...
- EU regulators to rule on Delta, Virgin airline deal by June 20 Reuters - Thu, May 16, 2013 6:37 AM EDT
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - EU antitrust regulators will decide by June 20 whether to clear a bid by Delta Air Lines for a 49 percent stake in Virgin Atlantic, which would help Delta to better compete with rivals ...
- Actavis - A Potential Deal With Warner Chilcott Would Further Spur Interest In Actavis Itself @ Seeking Alpha - Thu, May 16, 2013 12:35 AM EDT
Actavis - A Potential Deal With Warner Chilcott Would Further Spur Interest In Actavis Itself
- Cramer: Praise for These 5 Bold Executives @ CNBC - Wed, May 15, 2013 11:14 PM EDT
You've got to be one heck of a business person to get called out by Jim Cramer. On Wendesday he called out five.
- Paulson Takes Stake in Citi and Hess, Holds Steady on Gold @ The Wall Street Journal - Wed, May 15, 2013 7:06 PM EDT
Paulson Takes Stake in Citi and Hess, Holds Steady on Gold
- LKQ Corp., Sator Holding B.V. - M&A Call @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, May 15, 2013 7:01 PM EDT
LKQ Corp., Sator Holding B.V. - M&A Call
- Mitsubishi UFJ Continues Expansion Zacks - Wed, May 15, 2013 6:35 PM EDT
Over the last several years, Mitsubishi UFJ has been striving hard to expand inorganically. The latest deal is also a step in that direction.
- DDR to buy shopping center stake from partner Blackstone @ Reuters - Wed, May 15, 2013 5:58 PM EDT
By Ilaina Jonas NEW YORK, May 15 (Reuters) - DDR Corp, owner of shopping centers where big-box retailers are located, said on Wednesday it had agreed to buy from Blackstone Group LP the portion of 30 centers ...
- Dish lines up banks to finance Sprint bid - sources Reuters - Wed, May 15, 2013 5:24 PM EDT
By Soyoung Kim and Olivia Oran NEW YORK (Reuters) - Dish Network Corp has lined up four banks to finance its $25.5 billion (16.7 billion pounds) bid for Sprint Nextel Corp, escalating the bidding war against ...
- TransDigm Buying Arkwin Industries @ Motley Fool - Wed, May 15, 2013 5:07 PM EDT
Deal price of $286 million suggests TransDigm is getting a bargain price.
- MedTech Industry Stock Update - May 2013 Zacks - Wed, May 15, 2013 3:15 PM EDT
As expected, MedTech mergers and acquisitions are heating up in 2013.
- Focus On M&A At Liberty Media And Liberty Global @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, May 15, 2013 2:23 PM EDT
Focus On M&A At Liberty Media And Liberty Global
- Ares' CEO Discusses Q1 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript @ Seeking Alpha - Wed, May 15, 2013 2:19 PM EDT
Ares' CEO Discusses Q1 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Severn Trent rejects $7.2 billion takeover bid Reuters - Wed, May 15, 2013 1:25 PM EDT
LONDON (Reuters) - Severn Trent rejected a takeover offer on Wednesday that sources with direct knowledge of the bid valued at just under 20 pounds per share, setting the scene for an extended battle for ...
- Itaú's Credicard buy may bring in unexpected tax benefits-ESIB @ Reuters - Wed, May 15, 2013 1:16 PM EDT
* Including tax benefits, price was 'cheap': analyst * Itaú trumped Bradesco, Santander in race for units * Shares jump 2.1 percent, rise to highest in a week SAO PAULO, May 15 (Reuters) - Itaú Unibanco ...
- Warner Music Gains Approval to Buy Parlophone, a Last Piece of EMI @ New York Times - Wed, May 15, 2013 12:42 PM EDT
The $765 million purchase involves major artists like Coldplay and Radiohead. To win approval in Europe, Warner Music agreed to sell assets to independent labels.
- Citigroup Vends Credicard to Itau Zacks - Wed, May 15, 2013 12:00 PM EDT
In furtherance of its strategy of reducing international operations, on Tuesday, the Brazilian unit of Citigroup Inc. (C) came up with the announcement of the sale of its credit card and consumer finance ...
- US Airways: 'We'll Hit the Ground Running' After Merger @ TheStreet.com - Wed, May 15, 2013 11:41 AM EDT
US Airways surprised everyone with strong earnings in the first quarter of 2006, soon after its merger with America West.