- Microsemi agrees to buy Vitesse for $389 million in cash @ Los Angeles Times - Wed, Mar 18, 2015 3:32 PM EDT
Semiconductor maker Microsemi Corp. plans to buy Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. for about $389 million in cash.
- 6 Mergers That Ought to Happen @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Mar 18, 2015 12:55 PM EDT
24/7 Wall St. takes a look at six potential mergers that investors and activist investors would love to see in the months or years ahead.
- Are VTSS Shareholders Getting Enough? @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Mar 18, 2015 12:30 PM EDT
Vitesse Semiconductory has announced that it will be acquired by Microsemi in an all-cash offer of $5.28 per share.
- Valeant Bumps Its Offer to $173 to Seal the Salix Deal Market Realist - Tue, Mar 17, 2015 10:46 AM EDT
On February 22, 2015, Valeant (VRX) announced that it had an agreed transaction with Salix Pharmaceuticals structured as a tender-off at $158 a share.
- American Airlines Replaces Allergan in S&P 500 @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Mar 17, 2015 9:40 AM EDT
American Airlines will be the newest addition to the S&P 500, taking the place of Allergan.
- Viking Global Opened a New Position in NXP Semiconductors Market Realist - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 7:06 PM EDT
Viking Global started a new position in NXP Semiconductors (NXPI). It bought 5,411,595 NXP shares. The shares were worth $413 million.
- Teachers lowers stake in Canadian Natural Resources Market Realist - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 6:07 PM EDT
In January, lower commodity prices prompted Canadian Natural Resources to slash its 2015 budget to $6.2 billion from a previous projection of $8.6 billion.
- Citi Weighs In On REIT Sector M&A Trends: Is Simon/Macerich Just The Start? Benzinga - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 5:26 PM EDT
Citi Research on Monday issued a note including a subsection titled "Matchmaker, Matchmaker: Will Simon's Hostile Bid Spark REIT M&A?" in light of the ongoing hostile takeover attempt of Macerich ...
- The Salix-Endo Proposal: Basics of the Transaction Market Realist - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 5:05 PM EDT
The Salix-Endo proposal envisions Salix (SLXP) shareholders merging with Endo International (ENDP) for a combination of cash and stock.
- Valeant increases Salix bid; Endo pulls out of bidding @ Los Angeles Times - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 4:44 PM EDT
Valeant raised its offer for Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. by more than $1 billion Monday, forcing rival bidder Endo International out of the running.
- How Much Upside Is There in the Macerich–Simon Property Deal? Market Realist - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 4:06 PM EDT
Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of good precedents for the Macerich–Simon Property transaction. No REIT is alike, let alone retail REITs.
- Rationale for the Macerich–Simon Property Transaction Market Realist - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 4:06 PM EDT
In its letter to Macerich management, Simon Property said that many common shareholders expressed support for the Macerich–Simon Property deal.
- The Macerich–Simon Property Deal: Hostile or friendly? Market Realist - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 4:06 PM EDT
Here's how the Macerich–Simon Property courtship will likely play out. First, Macerich's board of directors will likely reject Simon's offer as too low.
- The Freescale–NXP Merger: Freescale at a glance Market Realist - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 4:05 PM EDT
The Freescale–NXP merger is driven by complementary offerings. Freescale is active in the auto, consumer, networking, and industrial markets.
- Avoid the Seed-Funding Surge Trap With These 8 Tips Entrepreneur - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 4:00 PM EDT
- Viking Global’s New Position in Walgreens Boots Alliance Market Realist - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 3:06 PM EDT
Viking Global Investors started a new position in Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA). The fund bought 18,933,712 shares of Walgreens Boots Alliance.
- What Investors Need to Know about Endo International Market Realist - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 1:05 PM EDT
Endo International (ENDP) is based in Ireland. It's a global specialty healthcare company. It's focused on branded and generic pharmaceuticals and devices.
- LinkedIn Acquires Careerify Seeking To Ramp Up Its Referrals Products Portfolio Benzinga - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 1:04 PM EDT
Professional networking company LinkedIn Corp (NYSE: LNKD ) has acquired Careerify, the latter said Monday morning in a press release . The purchase implies the company will stop offering its internal ...
- Valeant wins Salix with sweetened $11B deal @ USA TODAY - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 12:11 PM EDT
Higher offer of $173 per share in cash trumped rival Salix bid from Endo International
- Gym operator Life Time Fitness to be sold in latest health industry deal @ Los Angeles Times - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 11:42 AM EDT
Life Time Fitness Inc., a gym operator concentrated in the Midwest, said Monday it would be acquired by private-equity firms Leonard Green & Partners and TPG for $2.8 billion.
- As Valeant Ups Salix Buyout, Will Endo Come Back? @ 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 9:10 AM EDT
Salix Pharmaceuticals and Valeant Pharmaceuticals have announced that they had entered into an agreement on their plan to merge based on a new price for Salix shares.
- Leonard Green And TPG To Purchase Life Time Fitness Benzinga - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 8:58 AM EDT
Life Time Fitness, Inc. (NYSE: LTM ) announced on Monday that Leonard Green & Partners LP and TPG will acquire the gym operator for approximately $4 billion. Under terms of the agreement, investors will ...
- Valeant Raises Salix Bid, Agree To All-Cash Deal Benzinga - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 8:41 AM EDT
Valeant Pharmaceuticals Intl Inc (NYSE: VRX ) has raised its bid for Salix Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. (NASDAQ: SLXP ) to $173 per share from $158 per share. The move counters an offer of $172.50 that Endo International ...
- GE to sell consumer lending unit in $6.3B deal @ USA TODAY - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 8:18 AM EDT
Investment firms buying the GE Capital lending arm in Australia and New Zealand
- QIA Acquires Major London Financial Center Entrepreneur - Sun, Mar 15, 2015 1:30 AM EDT
- Important Indications: The Salix Situation Is Competitive Market Realist - Fri, Mar 13, 2015 7:06 PM EDT
What sort of process did Salix run in January? Did it only solicit a few potential buyers? It must have, since Endo made an unsolicited offer and the bidding is now public.
- Biz Break: Facebook acquires TheFind, a Mountain View shopping search site @ San Jose Mercury News - Fri, Mar 13, 2015 5:21 PM EDT
Today: Facebook makes an e-commerce acquisition with Mountain View's TheFind, an online-shopping search site. Also: Tesla falls while shaking up sales staff.
- The Next Steps in the Salix-Endo Proposal Market Realist - Fri, Mar 13, 2015 3:06 PM EDT
The most likely next step will be for Salix to declare that the Salix-Endo offer could lead to a superior proposal. They will begin due diligence.
- Carmike Cinemas shares jump amid speculation of a sale @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Mar 13, 2015 1:37 PM EDT
Shares in Carmike Cinemas, the nation's fourth largest theater chain, surged 12% follow a report the company was looking for buyers.
- Endo Topped Valeant’s Bid for Salix Pharmaceuticals Market Realist - Fri, Mar 13, 2015 6:15 AM EDT
On March 11, Endo International (ENDP), a Dublin-based pharmaceutical company, made an unsolicited offer for Salix at a headline price of $175 per share.
- Exclusive: Hundreds being laid off as Cypress and Spansion merge in $5B deal, internal memo shows @ San Jose Mercury News - Thu, Mar 12, 2015 6:57 PM EDT
Today: The merger of Silicon Valley chip companies Cypress Semiconductor and Spansion will result in layoffs that shave at least 20 percent of their combined workforces, a memo obtained by the Mercury ...
- Del Taco chain to be bought by Chicago restaurant company @ Los Angeles Times - Thu, Mar 12, 2015 6:49 PM EDT
Del Taco, the fast-food chain founded in the Mojave Desert in 1964, will be acquired by a Chicago company in a two-step transaction valuing Del Taco at about $500 million.
- Alibaba Can Learn From Snapchat's Mobile Platform, Says Morningstar Benzinga - Thu, Mar 12, 2015 4:17 PM EDT
Speaking to Benzinga, Morningstar Analyst RJ Hottovy discussed the Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (NYSE: BABA ) investment in Snapchat. Hottovy felt that what had driven the decision was Alibaba's commitment ...
- Why Valeant, Not Endo, Could Still Win The War For Salix Benzinga - Thu, Mar 12, 2015 1:54 PM EDT
As reported on Wednesday, Endo International PLC (NASDAQ: ENDP ) has made a takeover bid for Salix Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. (NASDAQ: SLXP ), even though Valeant Pharmaceuticals Intl Inc (NYSE: VRX ) already ...
- Report: Snapchat Raising $200 Million From Alibaba at $15 Billion Valuation Entrepreneur - Thu, Mar 12, 2015 12:00 PM EDT
The Chinese ecommerce giant is reportedly eyeing expansion into overseas markets as well as social networking.
- Wells Fargo Comments On AT&T's 8-K Filing, Maintains Bullish Stance Benzinga - Thu, Mar 12, 2015 11:53 AM EDT
In a report published Thursday, Wells Fargo analyst Jennifer Fritzche commented on AT&T Inc.'s (NYSE: T ) 8-K filing and management's comments regarding trends seen across both the wireless and wireline ...
- Teachers fund adds a new stake in Qualcomm Market Realist - Thu, Mar 12, 2015 10:05 AM EDT
Qualcomm is active in the advanced wireless technology space. It posted fiscal 1Q15 revenue that was up 7% to $7.1 billion. Net income grew 5%.
- Did Bob Peck Call The Alibaba-Snapchat Investment Last Year? Benzinga - Thu, Mar 12, 2015 8:02 AM EDT
News broke Wednesday night that Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (NYSE: BABA ) plans to invest $200 million in the social media startup Snapchat. SunTrust's Bob Peck was one of the first to publicly comment on ...
- Google's Latest M&A Is A 'Coin Toss' - Should It Buy Billions In Revenue Instead? Benzinga - Thu, Mar 12, 2015 7:43 AM EDT
Google Inc (NASDAQ: GOOG ) is reportedly in talks to buy InMobi. The Indian startup assists other companies in targeting mobile users. According to Reuters , it would be Google's first startup acquisition ...
- 10 retailers closing the most stores 24/7 Wall St. - Thu, Mar 12, 2015 11:56 AM EDT
With the growth of e-commerce still outpacing the overall growth of retail sales, retailers are continuing to close brick-and-mortar outlets. While total U.S. retail sales grew 3.7% in the fourth quarter ...
- Why inorganic growth works for Regions Financial Market Realist - Wed, Mar 11, 2015 5:06 PM EDT
A substantial portion of Regions Financial's growth has been through the acquisition of other financial institutions. The bank was formed in 1971.
- Simon Property Sends a Bear Hug Letter to Macerich Market Realist - Wed, Mar 11, 2015 2:47 PM EDT
Simon Property (SPG) has proposed to buy Macerich (MAC) for $91 a share, half of which will be cash and half of which will be SPG stock at a fixed ratio.
- Salix Now Has 2 Merger Dance Partners @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Mar 11, 2015 2:39 PM EDT
A new bid from Endo International has made the merger situation around Salix Pharmaceuticals much more complicated.
- The Gamble That Did Not Pay Off @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Mar 11, 2015 1:45 PM EDT
Zogenix has announced an agreement for the sale of its Zohydro ER (hydrocodone bitartrate) business to Pernix for $100 million.
- Is Simon's Bid For Mall Rival Macerich A Game Changer? Citi Has An Answer Benzinga - Wed, Mar 11, 2015 8:03 AM EDT
On March 9, Citi Research weighed in on the Simon Property Group (NYSE: SPG ) hostile bid to buy Macerich Co. (NYSE: MAC ), and the implications for the mall REIT sector moving forward. Notably, General ...
- Prime Healthcare deal for 6 hospitals collapses; bankruptcy is an option @ Los Angeles Times - Tue, Mar 10, 2015 10:26 PM EDT
Prime Healthcare Services Inc.'s proposed deal to buy six financially struggling Catholic hospitals has collapsed, raising questions about how the nonprofit chain will keep its doors open.
- The Freescale–NXP merger: NXP basics Market Realist - Tue, Mar 10, 2015 7:05 PM EDT
NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) is a global semiconductor company. It was originally spun off from Phillips (PHG), the Dutch technology giant.
- Nomura Reiterates On Alcoa, Views RTI International Metals Acquisition Positively Benzinga - Tue, Mar 10, 2015 2:06 PM EDT
Shares of Alcoa Inc (NYSE: AA ) were down on Tuesday after it announced it will acquire RTI International Metals, Inc. (NYSE: RTI ). The former will acquire the latter, a producer and global supplier of ...
- Simon Property Group - Final Offer, Or Initial Salvo To Buy Rival Macerich? Benzinga - Tue, Mar 10, 2015 1:24 PM EDT
Giant mall landlord Simon Property Group Inc (NYSE: SPG ) has been searching for the best way to acquire its smaller rival Macerich Co (NYSE: MAC ) in order to add to its impressive portfolio of Class-A ...
- How recent acquisitions have benefited Cadence Market Realist - Tue, Mar 10, 2015 1:06 PM EDT
In June 2014, Cadence completed the acquisition of Jasper Design Automation, the market leader in the fast-growing sector of formal analysis.