- Heinz buys Kraft Foods in deal backed by Warren Buffett @ Los Angeles Times - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 5:19 PM EDT
H.J. Heinz Co. is buying Kraft Foods Group Inc., creating a food and beverage giant in an effort to better compete amid changing consumer tastes. The move sent Kraft’s stock soaring.
- The Pharmacyclics–AbbVie Merger: The Basics of Pharmacyclics Market Realist - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 10:06 AM EDT
Johnson & Johnson owns 50% of Imbruvica and was one of the bidders for Pharmacyclics. The result of the bidding process was the Pharmacyclics–AbbVie merger.
- Why the Buffett Role in Kraft Heinz Matters So Much @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 9:45 AM EDT
Perhaps it was one of those marriages that was inevitable. That is what the announced merger between Kraft Foods and H.J. Heinz seems to amount to.
- Kraft and Heinz to Form North America's No. 3 Food Company Entrepreneur - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 8:40 AM EDT
- Kraft-Heinz Merger Conference Call: A Play-By-Play Recap Benzinga - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 8:30 AM EDT
Wednesday morning, H.J. Heinz Company and Kraft Foods Group Inc (NYSE: KRFT ) announced a definitive merger agreement to create a new entity called The Kraft Heinz Company. The two held a press conference ...
- Kraft And Heinz To Merge, Form 3rd-Largest Food & Beverage Company In North America Benzinga - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 8:04 AM EDT
H.J. Heinz Company and Kraft Foods Group Inc (NASDAQ: KRFT ) announced on Wednesday that they have entered into a definitive merger agreement to create a new entity called The Kraft Heinz Company. The ...
- Reports: Kraft is buyout target of 3G Capital @ USA TODAY - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 9:20 PM EDT
Deal expected to be valued at around $40 bn
- Lexmark agrees to buy Irvine-based software maker Kofax for $1 billion @ Los Angeles Times - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 5:57 PM EDT
Printer maker Lexmark International will buy software developer Kofax Ltd. for about $1 billion.
- Could the Pharmacyclics–AbbVie Merger Get Competitive? Market Realist - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 12:06 PM EDT
Could the Pharmacyclics–AbbVie merger get broken up by an interloper? It's not out of the question, but it looks like the auction has already happened.
- Is Antitrust a Risk in the Pharmacyclics–AbbVie Merger? Market Realist - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 2:05 PM EDT
In preparation for the Pharmacyclics–AbbVie merger, the companies will have to file under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act.
- RadioShack's future rides on bankruptcy auction @ USA TODAY - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 12:46 PM EDT
Auction in U.S. bankruptcy court Monday may decide if RadioShack liquidates or survives.
- Eminence Capital Downs Position in Valeant Pharmaceuticals Market Realist - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 11:05 AM EDT
In 4Q14, Eminence Capital reduced its stake in Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX). VRX accounted for 0.61% of the fund’s fourth-quarter portfolio.
- Exclusive With Orgenesis CEO: We're Ramping Up The Search For A Diabetes Cure Benzinga - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 10:29 AM EDT
The search to find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes has continued with the acquisition of ULB (Universite Libre de Bruxelles) spin-off MaSTherCell by pre-clinical cell therapy and regenerative medicines company ...
- Rationale for the Pharmacyclics–AbbVie Merger Market Realist - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 10:06 AM EDT
The Pharmacyclics–AbbVie merger is not about synergies, or cost-cutting. It's about where the combined company will be in five years.
- Actavis' Wide-Moat Transformation Offers Shareholder Rewards @ Morningstar - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
Product durability, diversification, and cost synergies support strong earnings growth for this undervalued wide-moat firm.
- State agency delays vote on Comcast-Time Warner Cable merger @ San Jose Mercury News - Fri, Mar 20, 2015 2:56 PM EDT
The state regulator agency considering whether to approve the Comcast-Time Warner Cable merger has delayed a vote on the deal until May 7.
- The Pharmacyclics–AbbVie Merger – Shareholders Could Benefit Market Realist - Fri, Mar 20, 2015 11:58 AM EDT
The Pharmacyclics–AbbVie merger is a tender. No shareholder votes are required. If you play your cards right, you'll get at least $261.25 and possibly more.
- Microsemi agrees to buy Vitesse for $389 million in cash @ Los Angeles Times - Wed, Mar 18, 2015 3:32 PM EDT
Semiconductor maker Microsemi Corp. plans to buy Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. for about $389 million in cash.
- 6 Mergers That Ought to Happen @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Mar 18, 2015 12:55 PM EDT
24/7 Wall St. takes a look at six potential mergers that investors and activist investors would love to see in the months or years ahead.
- Are VTSS Shareholders Getting Enough? @ 24/7 Wall St. - Wed, Mar 18, 2015 12:30 PM EDT
Vitesse Semiconductory has announced that it will be acquired by Microsemi in an all-cash offer of $5.28 per share.
- Valeant Bumps Its Offer to $173 to Seal the Salix Deal Market Realist - Tue, Mar 17, 2015 10:46 AM EDT
On February 22, 2015, Valeant (VRX) announced that it had an agreed transaction with Salix Pharmaceuticals structured as a tender-off at $158 a share.
- American Airlines Replaces Allergan in S&P 500 @ 24/7 Wall St. - Tue, Mar 17, 2015 9:40 AM EDT
American Airlines will be the newest addition to the S&P 500, taking the place of Allergan.
- Viking Global Opened a New Position in NXP Semiconductors Market Realist - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 7:06 PM EDT
Viking Global started a new position in NXP Semiconductors (NXPI). It bought 5,411,595 NXP shares. The shares were worth $413 million.
- Teachers lowers stake in Canadian Natural Resources Market Realist - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 6:07 PM EDT
In January, lower commodity prices prompted Canadian Natural Resources to slash its 2015 budget to $6.2 billion from a previous projection of $8.6 billion.
- Citi Weighs In On REIT Sector M&A Trends: Is Simon/Macerich Just The Start? Benzinga - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 5:26 PM EDT
Citi Research on Monday issued a note including a subsection titled "Matchmaker, Matchmaker: Will Simon's Hostile Bid Spark REIT M&A?" in light of the ongoing hostile takeover attempt of Macerich ...
- The Salix-Endo Proposal: Basics of the Transaction Market Realist - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 5:05 PM EDT
The Salix-Endo proposal envisions Salix (SLXP) shareholders merging with Endo International (ENDP) for a combination of cash and stock.
- Valeant increases Salix bid; Endo pulls out of bidding @ Los Angeles Times - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 4:44 PM EDT
Valeant raised its offer for Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. by more than $1 billion Monday, forcing rival bidder Endo International out of the running.
- How Much Upside Is There in the Macerich–Simon Property Deal? Market Realist - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 4:06 PM EDT
Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of good precedents for the Macerich–Simon Property transaction. No REIT is alike, let alone retail REITs.
- Rationale for the Macerich–Simon Property Transaction Market Realist - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 4:06 PM EDT
In its letter to Macerich management, Simon Property said that many common shareholders expressed support for the Macerich–Simon Property deal.
- The Macerich–Simon Property Deal: Hostile or friendly? Market Realist - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 4:06 PM EDT
Here's how the Macerich–Simon Property courtship will likely play out. First, Macerich's board of directors will likely reject Simon's offer as too low.
- The Freescale–NXP Merger: Freescale at a glance Market Realist - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 4:05 PM EDT
The Freescale–NXP merger is driven by complementary offerings. Freescale is active in the auto, consumer, networking, and industrial markets.
- Avoid the Seed-Funding Surge Trap With These 8 Tips Entrepreneur - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 4:00 PM EDT
- Viking Global’s New Position in Walgreens Boots Alliance Market Realist - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 3:06 PM EDT
Viking Global Investors started a new position in Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA). The fund bought 18,933,712 shares of Walgreens Boots Alliance.
- What Investors Need to Know about Endo International Market Realist - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 1:05 PM EDT
Endo International (ENDP) is based in Ireland. It's a global specialty healthcare company. It's focused on branded and generic pharmaceuticals and devices.
- LinkedIn Acquires Careerify Seeking To Ramp Up Its Referrals Products Portfolio Benzinga - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 1:04 PM EDT
Professional networking company LinkedIn Corp (NYSE: LNKD ) has acquired Careerify, the latter said Monday morning in a press release . The purchase implies the company will stop offering its internal ...
- Valeant wins Salix with sweetened $11B deal @ USA TODAY - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 12:11 PM EDT
Higher offer of $173 per share in cash trumped rival Salix bid from Endo International
- Gym operator Life Time Fitness to be sold in latest health industry deal @ Los Angeles Times - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 11:42 AM EDT
Life Time Fitness Inc., a gym operator concentrated in the Midwest, said Monday it would be acquired by private-equity firms Leonard Green & Partners and TPG for $2.8 billion.
- As Valeant Ups Salix Buyout, Will Endo Come Back? @ 24/7 Wall St. - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 9:10 AM EDT
Salix Pharmaceuticals and Valeant Pharmaceuticals have announced that they had entered into an agreement on their plan to merge based on a new price for Salix shares.
- Leonard Green And TPG To Purchase Life Time Fitness Benzinga - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 8:58 AM EDT
Life Time Fitness, Inc. (NYSE: LTM ) announced on Monday that Leonard Green & Partners LP and TPG will acquire the gym operator for approximately $4 billion. Under terms of the agreement, investors will ...
- Valeant Raises Salix Bid, Agree To All-Cash Deal Benzinga - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 8:41 AM EDT
Valeant Pharmaceuticals Intl Inc (NYSE: VRX ) has raised its bid for Salix Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. (NASDAQ: SLXP ) to $173 per share from $158 per share. The move counters an offer of $172.50 that Endo International ...
- GE to sell consumer lending unit in $6.3B deal @ USA TODAY - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 8:18 AM EDT
Investment firms buying the GE Capital lending arm in Australia and New Zealand
- QIA Acquires Major London Financial Center Entrepreneur - Sun, Mar 15, 2015 1:30 AM EDT
- Important Indications: The Salix Situation Is Competitive Market Realist - Fri, Mar 13, 2015 7:06 PM EDT
What sort of process did Salix run in January? Did it only solicit a few potential buyers? It must have, since Endo made an unsolicited offer and the bidding is now public.
- Biz Break: Facebook acquires TheFind, a Mountain View shopping search site @ San Jose Mercury News - Fri, Mar 13, 2015 5:21 PM EDT
Today: Facebook makes an e-commerce acquisition with Mountain View's TheFind, an online-shopping search site. Also: Tesla falls while shaking up sales staff.
- The Next Steps in the Salix-Endo Proposal Market Realist - Fri, Mar 13, 2015 3:06 PM EDT
The most likely next step will be for Salix to declare that the Salix-Endo offer could lead to a superior proposal. They will begin due diligence.
- Carmike Cinemas shares jump amid speculation of a sale @ Los Angeles Times - Fri, Mar 13, 2015 1:37 PM EDT
Shares in Carmike Cinemas, the nation's fourth largest theater chain, surged 12% follow a report the company was looking for buyers.
- Endo Topped Valeant’s Bid for Salix Pharmaceuticals Market Realist - Fri, Mar 13, 2015 6:15 AM EDT
On March 11, Endo International (ENDP), a Dublin-based pharmaceutical company, made an unsolicited offer for Salix at a headline price of $175 per share.
- Exclusive: Hundreds being laid off as Cypress and Spansion merge in $5B deal, internal memo shows @ San Jose Mercury News - Thu, Mar 12, 2015 6:57 PM EDT
Today: The merger of Silicon Valley chip companies Cypress Semiconductor and Spansion will result in layoffs that shave at least 20 percent of their combined workforces, a memo obtained by the Mercury ...
- Del Taco chain to be bought by Chicago restaurant company @ Los Angeles Times - Thu, Mar 12, 2015 6:49 PM EDT
Del Taco, the fast-food chain founded in the Mojave Desert in 1964, will be acquired by a Chicago company in a two-step transaction valuing Del Taco at about $500 million.
- Alibaba Can Learn From Snapchat's Mobile Platform, Says Morningstar Benzinga - Thu, Mar 12, 2015 4:17 PM EDT
Speaking to Benzinga, Morningstar Analyst RJ Hottovy discussed the Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (NYSE: BABA ) investment in Snapchat. Hottovy felt that what had driven the decision was Alibaba's commitment ...