- Millionaire Managers Who Invest in Their Own Funds @ Kiplinger - 1 hour 56 minutes ago
The managers of these five great low-cost funds have at least $1 million of their own cash in them.
- Why We Should Expect More From Mutual Fund Directors @ Morningstar - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 1:00 AM EST
The 401(k) lesson.
- 5 Funds That Earn Medals and Deliver Ample Payouts @ Morningstar - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 7:00 AM EST
These funds offer more than simply yield.
- Vanguard tops survey with $291bn in new business @ Financial Times - Sun, Mar 1, 2015 9:11 AM EST
Vanguard was the world's most popular investment group last year as it attracted more new business than any other asset manager in the $29tn global mutual fund industry. In contrast, Pimco languished at ...
- Investors Should Check Out T.Rowe's EM Bond Fund: S&P @ Barrons.com - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 12:09 PM EST
S&P Capital IQ named the T. Rowe Price Emerging Markets Bond Fund (PREMX) its focus mustual fund of the month for March, saying that the fund “stands out for its performance analytics and cost factors.” In a note out today, S&P’s Todd Rosenbluth writes that the fund is well diversified across regions, as well as products, …
- Blackstone’s revenue model Market Realist - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 5:06 PM EST
The company's revenue model is based on charging management and performance fees for managing the portfolios in its investment advisor firms.
- Supreme Court poised to protect employees from high fees in 401(k) plans @ Los Angeles Times - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 8:25 PM EST
Some 53 million Americans with retirement funds through their jobs may get new legal protection from high fees.
- Investing in Cuba @ Barrons.com - Sat, Feb 21, 2015 12:01 AM EST
“Look out there!” Tom Herzfeld exclaims, pointing to the sparkling panorama of Miami and its port, visible from his condominium’s rooftop terrace. Cuba has been one of Herzfeld’s passions for decades. In 1994, he founded the Herzfeld Caribbean Basin closed-end fund, whose ultimate purpose is to invest in companies that …
- One Year Is Not Enough @ Morningstar - Thu, Feb 19, 2015 7:00 AM EST
These outperformers in 2014 warrant a wait-and-see attitude.
- T. Rowe Price Latest to Debut Unconstrained Bond Fund @ Barrons.com - Wed, Feb 18, 2015 1:50 PM EST
T. Rowe Price Group (TROW) is joining the unconstrained bond fund party. The Baltimore fund manager launched its go-anywhere bond fund and also a globally oriented high-income fund on Wednesday. T.Rowe's ...
- Best Pimco Funds After Bill Gross @ Kiplinger - Tue, Feb 17, 2015 9:20 AM EST
Just because the King of Bonds is gone doesn't mean you should ignore his former shop's offerings.
- Powell: Changes coming to target-date mutual funds @ USA TODAY - Mon, Feb 16, 2015 4:16 PM EST
401(k) sponsors are beginning to rethink target-date funds.
- Retirement income funds can make withdrawals simple @ USA TODAY - Thu, Feb 12, 2015 6:10 PM EST
Don't want to pick a dozen retirement funds? Here's one solution.
- Is the Bill-Gross Effect at Janus Waning? @ Barrons.com - Mon, Feb 9, 2015 1:01 PM EST
Though bond guru Bill Gross has lost some of his star appeal in the past year, he certainly has helped the fortunes of his new fund shop, Janus Capital (JNS). Since leaving Pimco amid controversy to take control of the Janus Global Unconstrained Bond Fund (JUCIX), he has drawn hundreds of millions of dollars in fresh …
- January Analyst Rating Downgrades @ Morningstar - Mon, Feb 9, 2015 7:00 AM EST
Manager transitions and deteriorating performances are behind these lower Analyst Ratings.
- Dressing Up 2014 @ Barrons.com - Sat, Feb 7, 2015 12:01 AM EST
The Vanguard Group, with two-thirds of its $3.1 trillion in assets under management in index funds, was surely helped by its large devotion to matching market returns in a year in which most active managers struggled to outperform. Overall, 11 of the firm’s 24 actively managed funds in this survey topped their benchmarks …
- Outflows continue at Pimco's flagship fund @ Los Angeles Times - Wed, Feb 4, 2015 11:27 AM EST
Pacific Investment Management Co. said its flagship Total Return Fund saw outflows of an additional $11.6 billion in January as the mutual fund company continues to try to steady itself four months after ...
- Fund Basics: Diversify Your Portfolio @ Kiplinger - Wed, Feb 4, 2015 9:50 AM EST
You'll get stability and the probability that at least one of your funds will be up no matter what the market's doing.
- Fund Basics: Sales Loads and Other Charges @ Kiplinger - Wed, Feb 4, 2015 9:40 AM EST
Learn about the expenses funds charge and which ones you can avoid.
- Fund Basics: Start Investing @ Kiplinger - Wed, Feb 4, 2015 9:40 AM EST
From first choice to final check, here's how to find the best funds for you.
- Fund Basics: Tips for the New Fund Owner @ Kiplinger - Wed, Feb 4, 2015 9:40 AM EST
What paperwork to keep, how to track your investments and when to sell.
- Fund Basics: Why Mutual Funds Are Smart Investments @ Kiplinger - Wed, Feb 4, 2015 9:40 AM EST
Funds offer advantages that simply are not available anywhere else.
- Billion-Dollar Funds With Negative Ratings @ Morningstar - Mon, Feb 2, 2015 7:00 AM EST
These funds' fundamental problems cloud their futures.
- Investing: Get a little exotic with these funds @ USA TODAY - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 10:35 AM EST
Sometimes, exotic species do well.
- For Passive Funds, a Stronger Link Between Fees and Performance @ Morningstar - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 7:00 AM EST
When it comes to fund performance, you don't always get what you pay for.
- Buy the Unloved 2015 @ Morningstar - Tue, Jan 27, 2015 7:00 AM EST
Going against the grain of flows can be a profitable strategy.
- Alibaba Is A Favorite Holding Even For U.S.-Focused Funds Benzinga - Mon, Jan 26, 2015 2:22 PM EST
There's plenty of news coming from the World Economic Forum, taking place in Davos, Switzerland. On Friday, Jack Ma, executive chairman of Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (NYSE: BABA ), speaking at a forum in ...
- Vanguard Convertible Securities Manager to Retire @ Morningstar - Mon, Jan 26, 2015 11:30 AM EST
A deep bench, a consistent process, and low fees should keep this Gold-rated fund on track.
- The Most Unloved Medalists of 2014 @ Morningstar - Mon, Jan 26, 2015 7:00 AM EST
Should investors be showing these funds more love?
- Announcing the Morningstar Fund Managers of the Year for 2014 @ Morningstar - Wed, Jan 21, 2015 1:00 PM EST
Success starts with teamwork for this year's winners.
- Virtus Investment's 'AlphaSector' Funds, Run With F-Squared, See Persistent Outflows @ Barrons.com - Tue, Jan 20, 2015 2:53 PM EST
Virtus Investment Partners' (VRTS) "AlphaSector" mutual funds suffered more outflows in December, a sign that investors have cooled on sub-adviser F-Squared Investments, which recently admitted ...
- Is My Target-Date Fund Layering On Extra Fees? @ Morningstar - Tue, Jan 20, 2015 7:00 AM EST
Some funds that invest in other funds charge additional fees, and here's how you can tell.
- Pale Yale: What the Yale Model Can't Teach You @ Morningstar - Sun, Jan 18, 2015 7:00 AM EST
The situations of the Yale Endowment Fund and most individual investors are worlds apart.
- Readers' Picks For Fund Managers of the Year @ Morningstar - Sun, Jan 18, 2015 7:00 AM EST
Many agree with Morningstar's picks--with a few notable exceptions.
- JPMorgan Cuts T. Rowe Price To Sell, Says Volatile Market Taking A Toll @ Barrons.com - Fri, Jan 16, 2015 1:05 PM EST
Shares of T. Rowe Price (TROW) were lower Friday afternoon, following a downgrade from JPMorgan. Analyst Kenneth Worthington cut his rating on the stock from Overweight to Underweight, and lowered his target price on the stock by $12, to $78. Worthington writes that he thinks investors should reduce their exposure to …
- Time for Tax Fairness for Fund Investors @ Morningstar - Fri, Jan 16, 2015 7:00 AM EST
The carried interest loophole for hedge funds should be closed, with the proceeds helping to pay for removal of the punitive taxes borne by fund investors.
- 5 things fund investors should know for 2015 @ USA TODAY - Thu, Jan 15, 2015 8:49 AM EST
Hot funds, bad funds, new funds for the new year.
- Oil, Cuba, and Russia, Oh My! @ Morningstar - Thu, Jan 15, 2015 7:00 AM EST
A surprising December capped off a decent year for most CEFs.
- 6 Consistent Mutual Funds You Can Count on @ Kiplinger - Mon, Jan 12, 2015 5:50 PM EST
In the world of mutual funds, slow and steady wins the race. By measuring for consistently good performance, along with factors that we always look for in good funds, such as a disciplined stock-picking ...
- Analyst Rating Changes for December @ Morningstar - Mon, Jan 12, 2015 7:00 AM EST
Three upgrades, five downgrades, and three new ratings.
- Barron's Recap: Mutual Fund Quarterly Benzinga - Sun, Jan 11, 2015 2:40 PM EST
This weekend in Barron's online: the latest mutual fund quarterly, why the bull run is not dead yet, as well as the prospects for Best Buy, Plum Creek Timber and more. Cover Story " Return of the ...
- Fund Costs: The Good and Bad News @ Morningstar - Fri, Jan 9, 2015 7:00 AM EST
The overall trend is great, but 401(k)s remain a problem.
- Fund Basics: Time to Ditch Your Fund? @ Kiplinger - Wed, Jan 7, 2015 6:30 PM EST
Learn to tell the difference between a fund that's hit a speedbump and one that's dropped out of the race completely.
- The Basics of Investing in Mutual Funds @ Kiplinger - Wed, Jan 7, 2015 6:30 PM EST
Learn how funds work and how to use them to set up a well balanced portfolio that's right for you.
- Bond fund giant Pimco has $150.3 billion in outflows in 2014 @ Los Angeles Times - Tue, Jan 6, 2015 9:43 PM EST
Investors withdrew a record $150.3 billion from bond fund giant Pacific Investment Management Co. last year, lashing back against weak performance at the flagship Pimco Total Return Fund as well as management ...
- Close-ended funds show slower growth Market Realist - Wed, Dec 31, 2014 3:16 PM EST
The assets under management in close-ended funds nearly doubled from $147 billion in 1996. This is much slower than the growth of the asset management sector, which grew nearly 4.6 times in the same period....
- Close-ended funds: A niche product for wealthy investors Market Realist - Wed, Dec 31, 2014 3:16 PM EST
Close-ended funds are a cross between actively managed mutual funds and ETFs. But the cost of trading in close-ended funds is much higher.
- Show it: How mutual funds make money Market Realist - Wed, Dec 31, 2014 3:12 PM EST
In return for investing a client’s money, mutual funds charge a fee, generally an annual fee set as a percentage of the client’s assets. This fee is the only source of income for a mutual fund-focused ...
- The salient features of mutual funds Market Realist - Wed, Dec 31, 2014 3:12 PM EST
There are investors who are willing to take on higher risk to generate above-average market returns. For these investors, active funds offer the optimal investment avenue.
- What are mutual funds all about? Market Realist - Wed, Dec 31, 2014 3:11 PM EST
Globally, mutual fund assets totaled approximately $30 trillion at the end of 2013. The US accounted for $15 trillion of this amount, or 50%, making it the world's most important mutual fund market.