- Fund Basics: Start Investing @ Kiplinger - Thu, Dec 15, 2016 11:10 AM EST
- Fund Basics: Why Mutual Funds Are Smart Investments @ Kiplinger - Thu, Dec 15, 2016 11:00 AM EST
- The Only S&P 500 Index Funds You Will Ever Need @ Morningstar - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
We highlight the five best funds in a crowded field.
- A Divergence of CEF Returns in February @ Morningstar - Thu, Mar 19, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
Europe's quantitative easing and a strong U.S. dollar lifted the eurozone and Japan, but negative headline news pushed the municipal market lower.
- Pimco loses more funds to MetWest, other rivals, Morningstar says @ Los Angeles Times - Wed, Mar 18, 2015 4:21 PM EDT
Rival bond funds are gaining at the expense of Pimco's flagship Total Return Fund as it continues to suffer a "staggering" rate of investor defections, according to a new report from investment ...
- T. Rowe Price Group Favors US Equity and Debt Markets Market Realist - Wed, Mar 18, 2015 3:06 PM EDT
T. Rowe Price Group is big on retirement solutions because of existing growth opportunities in the segment.
- T. Rowe Price Group: Revenue Model Linked to Assets Market Realist - Wed, Mar 18, 2015 11:05 AM EDT
T. Rowe, like other players in fund management, charges a predetermined percentage of the fund's net asset value, which it notes in the fund's prospectus.
- T. Rowe Price Group: $750 billion in Assets Under Management Market Realist - Tue, Mar 17, 2015 12:59 PM EDT
Global investment manager Founded in 1937, T. Rowe Price Group (TROW) provides global investment management services to retail and institutional clients across the globe. T. Rowe Price Group offerings ...
- They Came, They Saw, They Slumped, They Conquered @ Morningstar - Mon, Mar 16, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
These actively managed Medalist funds show that the path to long-term outperformance is often paved with brief periods of underperformance.
- Do Institutional Investment Consultants Add Value? @ Morningstar - Sat, Mar 14, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
Results were noisy, but a new paper shows consultants overall struggle to add value through fund selection, writes Morningstar's John Rekenthaler.
- Hate investing? Target-date funds are for you @ USA TODAY - Fri, Mar 13, 2015 7:19 PM EDT
Many people would rather spend the day fixing coat hangers than watching their portfolios.
- 4 things to know about the growth fund comeback @ USA TODAY - Wed, Mar 11, 2015 6:26 PM EDT
Growth funds have beaten their bargain-hunting brethren the past decade, soaring 126%.
- Time Will Tell Whether Apple Watch Sends Mutual Funds On Buying Spree Benzinga - Tue, Mar 10, 2015 11:52 AM EDT
If Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL ) investors were hoping that the announcement of the firm's new wearable timepiece would send the stock sharply higher, they were disappointed. Following Apple's Monday extravaganza ...
- Millionaire Managers Who Invest in Their Own Funds @ Kiplinger - Mon, Mar 9, 2015 9:00 AM EDT
The managers of these five great low-cost funds have at least $1 million of their own cash in them.
- T. Rowe Price Upgrade Leads the Way in February @ Morningstar - Mon, Mar 9, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
For a change, we have more upgrades than downgrades.
- Downgrade Prompts Change in Bucket Portfolios @ Morningstar - Sun, Mar 8, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
One T. Rowe fund is out, but PIMCO-managed funds are staying put despite manager changes.
- Why We Should Expect More From Mutual Fund Directors @ Morningstar - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 1:00 AM EST
The 401(k) lesson.
- 5 Funds That Earn Medals and Deliver Ample Payouts @ Morningstar - Mon, Mar 2, 2015 7:00 AM EST
These funds offer more than simply yield.
- Blackstone’s revenue model Market Realist - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 5:06 PM EST
The company's revenue model is based on charging management and performance fees for managing the portfolios in its investment advisor firms.
- Supreme Court poised to protect employees from high fees in 401(k) plans @ Los Angeles Times - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 8:25 PM EST
Some 53 million Americans with retirement funds through their jobs may get new legal protection from high fees.
- One Year Is Not Enough @ Morningstar - Thu, Feb 19, 2015 7:00 AM EST
These outperformers in 2014 warrant a wait-and-see attitude.
- Best Pimco Funds After Bill Gross @ Kiplinger - Tue, Feb 17, 2015 9:20 AM EST
Just because the King of Bonds is gone doesn't mean you should ignore his former shop's offerings.
- Powell: Changes coming to target-date mutual funds @ USA TODAY - Mon, Feb 16, 2015 4:16 PM EST
401(k) sponsors are beginning to rethink target-date funds.
- Retirement income funds can make withdrawals simple @ USA TODAY - Thu, Feb 12, 2015 6:10 PM EST
Don't want to pick a dozen retirement funds? Here's one solution.
- January Analyst Rating Downgrades @ Morningstar - Mon, Feb 9, 2015 7:00 AM EST
Manager transitions and deteriorating performances are behind these lower Analyst Ratings.
- Outflows continue at Pimco's flagship fund @ Los Angeles Times - Wed, Feb 4, 2015 11:27 AM EST
Pacific Investment Management Co. said its flagship Total Return Fund saw outflows of an additional $11.6 billion in January as the mutual fund company continues to try to steady itself four months after ...
- Fund Basics: Diversify Your Portfolio @ Kiplinger - Wed, Feb 4, 2015 9:50 AM EST
You'll get stability and the probability that at least one of your funds will be up no matter what the market's doing.
- Fund Basics: Tips for the New Fund Owner @ Kiplinger - Wed, Feb 4, 2015 9:40 AM EST
What paperwork to keep, how to track your investments and when to sell.
- Fund Basics: Sales Loads and Other Charges @ Kiplinger - Wed, Feb 4, 2015 9:40 AM EST
Learn about the expenses funds charge and which ones you can avoid.
- Billion-Dollar Funds With Negative Ratings @ Morningstar - Mon, Feb 2, 2015 7:00 AM EST
These funds' fundamental problems cloud their futures.
- Investing: Get a little exotic with these funds @ USA TODAY - Fri, Jan 30, 2015 10:35 AM EST
Sometimes, exotic species do well.
- For Passive Funds, a Stronger Link Between Fees and Performance @ Morningstar - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 7:00 AM EST
When it comes to fund performance, you don't always get what you pay for.
- Buy the Unloved 2015 @ Morningstar - Tue, Jan 27, 2015 7:00 AM EST
Going against the grain of flows can be a profitable strategy.
- Alibaba Is A Favorite Holding Even For U.S.-Focused Funds Benzinga - Mon, Jan 26, 2015 2:22 PM EST
There's plenty of news coming from the World Economic Forum, taking place in Davos, Switzerland. On Friday, Jack Ma, executive chairman of Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (NYSE: BABA ), speaking at a forum in ...
- Vanguard Convertible Securities Manager to Retire @ Morningstar - Mon, Jan 26, 2015 11:30 AM EST
A deep bench, a consistent process, and low fees should keep this Gold-rated fund on track.
- The Most Unloved Medalists of 2014 @ Morningstar - Mon, Jan 26, 2015 7:00 AM EST
Should investors be showing these funds more love?
- Announcing the Morningstar Fund Managers of the Year for 2014 @ Morningstar - Wed, Jan 21, 2015 1:00 PM EST
Success starts with teamwork for this year's winners.
- Is My Target-Date Fund Layering On Extra Fees? @ Morningstar - Tue, Jan 20, 2015 7:00 AM EST
Some funds that invest in other funds charge additional fees, and here's how you can tell.
- Readers' Picks For Fund Managers of the Year @ Morningstar - Sun, Jan 18, 2015 7:00 AM EST
Many agree with Morningstar's picks--with a few notable exceptions.
- Pale Yale: What the Yale Model Can't Teach You @ Morningstar - Sun, Jan 18, 2015 7:00 AM EST
The situations of the Yale Endowment Fund and most individual investors are worlds apart.
- Time for Tax Fairness for Fund Investors @ Morningstar - Fri, Jan 16, 2015 7:00 AM EST
The carried interest loophole for hedge funds should be closed, with the proceeds helping to pay for removal of the punitive taxes borne by fund investors.
- 5 things fund investors should know for 2015 @ USA TODAY - Thu, Jan 15, 2015 8:49 AM EST
Hot funds, bad funds, new funds for the new year.
- Oil, Cuba, and Russia, Oh My! @ Morningstar - Thu, Jan 15, 2015 7:00 AM EST
A surprising December capped off a decent year for most CEFs.
- 6 Consistent Mutual Funds You Can Count on @ Kiplinger - Mon, Jan 12, 2015 5:50 PM EST
In the world of mutual funds, slow and steady wins the race. By measuring for consistently good performance, along with factors that we always look for in good funds, such as a disciplined stock-picking ...
- Analyst Rating Changes for December @ Morningstar - Mon, Jan 12, 2015 7:00 AM EST
Three upgrades, five downgrades, and three new ratings.
- Barron's Recap: Mutual Fund Quarterly Benzinga - Sun, Jan 11, 2015 2:40 PM EST
This weekend in Barron's online: the latest mutual fund quarterly, why the bull run is not dead yet, as well as the prospects for Best Buy, Plum Creek Timber and more. Cover Story " Return of the ...
- Fund Costs: The Good and Bad News @ Morningstar - Fri, Jan 9, 2015 7:00 AM EST
The overall trend is great, but 401(k)s remain a problem.
- The Basics of Investing in Mutual Funds @ Kiplinger - Wed, Jan 7, 2015 6:30 PM EST
Learn how funds work and how to use them to set up a well balanced portfolio that's right for you.
- Fund Basics: Time to Ditch Your Fund? @ Kiplinger - Wed, Jan 7, 2015 6:30 PM EST
Learn to tell the difference between a fund that's hit a speedbump and one that's dropped out of the race completely.
- Bond fund giant Pimco has $150.3 billion in outflows in 2014 @ Los Angeles Times - Tue, Jan 6, 2015 9:43 PM EST
Investors withdrew a record $150.3 billion from bond fund giant Pacific Investment Management Co. last year, lashing back against weak performance at the flagship Pimco Total Return Fund as well as management ...